Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5435668 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kombats: 8:28pm On May 14, 2012
new station on astra 2b peace tv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ibaku(m): 8:31pm On May 14, 2012
Adex70: @sammu,ilish,pidzo,gadotor and all who have 4930hd strong i have notice that the signal quality level bar of this box does'nt blink to front to determing if u are closer to hit green on any sat, it is not good to track any ofprint bird. Ur opinion is wellcome pls.
yes it doesn't but if u are very good at it, that shouldn't be a problem.i have done sky uk with it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 9:00pm On May 14, 2012
@ibaku,plz where is your location and what size of dish did you get sky with.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 9:07pm On May 14, 2012
Adex70: @sammu,ilish,pidzo,gadotor and all who have 4930hd strong i have notice that the signal quality level bar of this box does'nt blink to front to determing if u are closer to hit green on any sat, it is not good to track any ofprint bird. Ur opinion is wellcome pls.

That was how 4669xes were reacting the very first time I tested one until updated. I guess an update of your box may circumvent the problem. Jest a thought!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 10:31pm On May 14, 2012
kombats: new station on astra 2b peace tv

what the tp pls?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:42am On May 15, 2012
This issue you raising has come about with the latest updates. Initially the receiver was behaving exactly the way you are putting it, blinking in such a way that you could know you are closer to a satellite. If you could roll back to previous versions you will get the feature you are talking about. undecided undecided
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:48am On May 15, 2012
odilibe: lol,some pay-tv providers are just ready to rip consumers off,most of this channels are free to air ,of-course bbc news is free on nilesat and aljazeera news is free to air on intelsat 10 and eutelsat 28a and arabsat 5c while true movies is free to air on eutelsat 28a @ 28.2degrees east europe beam,and can be opened using biss key on atlanticbird @12.5west and that includes trace on 12.5 west europe beam ,they even have fox-fx,ait ,nta on their channel list ,i am quite sure fox-fx is free on nilesat 102, while ait and nta is free to on intesat.Having rights to show bundesliga or uefa doesn't make any differents ,for example Dubai sports a channel from U.A.E show bundesliga and this is fta channel,this provider won't make any profit in europe or the middle-east. lipsrsealed
The only reason people may go for such pay-tv providers is that the channels you say are free are hard or impossible to get here in the Southern part of Africa. But it is indeed a pity that one gets FTA channels and sells them. Their channel line up is appalling, no documentaries, no good movie channels (Zuku has very good movies),Uefa and Bundesliga are mostly on FTA platform. In short, UNATTRACTIVE!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 10:26am On May 15, 2012
@adex70: I was also irritated by the situation where quality is showing 9% red and you just move the dish one centimetre to the left and quality jumps to 92% green , move another centimetre beyond that and it drops back to 9% red. My theory was that this is typical of the prime focus LNBs like Fuji. My premium x Hd LNB which is for offset dishes gives enough warning that you are near a sat. It never goes below 20% quality when there is no sat but as soon as it goes above 30% you know you are near a sat even if the TP is wrong. However if the problem you described is software related as others say thats news to me.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 10:41am On May 15, 2012
Lunsat lnb cannot tell if you are closer to a satellite only your receiver can do that.some receivers are more sensitive to signals than others.i once use technosat though its dead now.it very sensitive to signal .old strong receiver i can trade it for my hd receiver good for yracking too.i still like my dead technosat t888.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 11:42am On May 15, 2012
@obnely u are correct, lunsat it is the box, i will download all the software version for this 4930 and see wich is the best as @ now my 69x is better than it in term of signal tracking.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 11:44am On May 15, 2012
Lucky me.

Last night i tracked intelsat 7/10 ku 68.5E with my 60cm dish here in PH i got all stations with highest signal of 77 percent, using mytv tp.. So i guess, using 90cm is no more compulsory.

***For those who want to hook this satellite**
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 1:34pm On May 15, 2012
@obnelly, I suspect each of us has half the answer. Ofcourse some receivers are more sensitive than others, but so are some LNBs. But we were not talking about general sensitivity; we were talking about the "tunnel vision" or "Cliff edge" phenomenon when tracking a signal. My theory was that the problem is more in LNBs that have a narrow view of the dish than those that have a wider view of the dish. Personally I have found that placing a Fuji prime focus LNB at the focal point requires more precision in pointig it to the centre of the dish than placing a Eurostar offset LNB.Its only a theory, I could be wrong.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 2:46pm On May 15, 2012
Lunsat'you are correct your choice of lnb has to do with your choosen f/d when designing your dish.most people dont know this.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingsley6(m): 4:46pm On May 15, 2012
Good day gurus... I am new here and i have 100% interest on free to air tv... I have gotten two dishes with a strong decoder SRT4329 model, and for the now i am receiving mytv and multitv channels... Please i need guides on how i can boast and increase the number of channels i am receiving now and how to input all these tps and satellite into my digibox..
I reside in Benin and please i will be really grateful for any assistance... FTA for life...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 12:06am On May 16, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by rich8: 6:14am On May 16, 2012
hi menbers.please i have this srt4940hd which havs internet port but i dont know how to open cccam menu so that i can enter cccam.so please if anyone know how to do that please give me a hand coz i have try all my best it did no work i eving try to install module stb but did not work so please i need help?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by rastarman(m): 12:59pm On May 16, 2012
see u need to download a software that will help you access 8281 with ur remote. then u can continue. but u re in the wrong thread.
rich8: hi menbers.please i have this srt4940hd which havs internet port but i dont know how to open cccam menu so that i can enter cccam.so please if anyone know how to do that please give me a hand coz i have try all my best it did no work i eving try to install module stb but did not work so please i need help?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by loluc90(m): 4:10pm On May 16, 2012
Want to believe srt 4940 is strictly for mytv,I also tried imputing the cccam stb stuff on and it kept telling me not compatible.just my observation.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ibaku(m): 5:33pm On May 16, 2012
rich8: hi menbers.please i have this srt4940hd which havs internet port but i dont know how to open cccam menu so that i can enter cccam.so please if anyone know how to do that please give me a hand coz i have try all my best it did no work i eving try to install module stb but did not work so please i need help?
bro, not until there is a patch for it, forget it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ibaku(m): 5:36pm On May 16, 2012
Ikiriye: @ibaku,plz where is your location and what size of dish did you get sky with.
sorry bro for lateness,lag.... 4.5 and smaller.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 5:39pm On May 16, 2012
that product is nothin to write home about..
If u're a regular visitor, u would hav known wat i'm talkin about.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by agitator: 5:50pm On May 16, 2012
Brite02: Lucky me.

Last night i tracked intelsat 7/10 ku 68.5E with my 60cm dish here in PH i got all stations with highest signal of 77 percent, using mytv tp.. So i guess, using 90cm is no more compulsory.

***For those who want to hook this satellite**

U need to sharpen u tracking skills, because u can get upto 97% quality on Intelsat 7/10Ku @ 68.5E
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 6:52pm On May 16, 2012
loluc90: Want to believe srt 4940 is strictly for mytv,I also tried imputing the cccam stb stuff on and it kept telling me not compatible.just my observation.
I've never tried this SRT 4940 or seen one. But looking at reports from users I believe this is a NO GO AREA. Those wanting to enjoy Mpeg4 and HD should try 4930 or its predecessors and not this gadget. Just thinking aloud. grin grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingsley6(m): 8:20pm On May 16, 2012
kingsley-1:
Good day gurus... I am new here and i have 100% interest on free to air tv... I have gotten two dishes with a strong decoder SRT4329 model, and for the now i am receiving mytv and multitv channels... Please i need guides on how i can boast and increase the number of channels i am receiving now and how to input all these tps and satellite into my digibox..
I reside in Benin and please i will be really grateful for any assistance... FTA for life...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 8:22pm On May 16, 2012
The dark side can never win but our problem is now we are lazy and busy too
there is a new way which some peoples use to watch BB without dongle or CCcam account
and it pay a lot of time . it make peoples lazy and al time busy.the time they will use for here on FTA they will use to calculate on how break and put it in .so this things too need a lot of time and i think this is what taking away the gurus
because they would not use internet .is like lotto so they do calculate all the times so they will never have time at all until this thing is off
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:33pm On May 16, 2012
I Hacked: The dark side can never win but our problem is now we are lazy and busy too
there is a new way which some peoples use to watch BB without dongle or CCcam account
and it pay a lot of time . it make peoples lazy and al time busy.the time they will use for here on FTA they will use to calculate on how break and put it in .so this things too need a lot of time and i think this is what taking away the gurus
because they would not use internet .is like lotto so they do calculate all the times so they will never have time at all until this thing is off
Hahahaha.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 10:10pm On May 16, 2012
@pidzo,ilish,sammu the 4930 is keeping me amazed, just discover this box have satlite finder by it self, just press the info and press the green colour timeshift the box will go straigth to sat finder, then if u are motorized set ur freequency then press the move either west or east, u can also automatical lock on the whole sat on ur decoder by comand the box it will search each sat by it self.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 5:08am On May 17, 2012
Adex70: @pidzo,ilish,sammu the 4930 is keeping me amazed, just discover this box have satlite finder by it self, just press the info and press the green colour timeshift the box will go straigth to sat finder, then if u are motorized set ur freequency then press the move either west or east, u can also automatical lock on the whole sat on ur decoder by comand the box it will search each sat by it self.
Keep discovering bro, that thing is like an AK47 (poor man's machine gun). The 4930 is just too good for its price. I still love it as if its just new.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 6:43am On May 17, 2012
Adex70: @pidzo,ilish,sammu the 4930 is keeping me amazed, just discover this box have satlite finder by it self, just press the info and press the green colour timeshift the box will go straigth to sat finder, then if u are motorized set ur freequency then press the move either west or east, u can also automatical lock on the whole sat on ur decoder by comand the box it will search each sat by it self.

thanks!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:28am On May 17, 2012
Somebody was talking about Optima Sports on Amos 5, can anybody confirm?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mcval(m): 12:23pm On May 17, 2012
How much does a new Strong 4930 HD decoder cost presently in lagos.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 12:34pm On May 17, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.