Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5445157 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) (1480) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HAH: 2:58pm On Mar 08, 2017
logonlaredo:

kk. but ur dish will be facing the sky slightly. u can try dstv frequencies @36e, if u get it then u can get 38e. just a suggestion
thanks I will surely give it a try, I will call m installer, I will give you feedback
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 4:38pm On Mar 08, 2017
eedristo:

pls I need a guide on how to track 9e for HD sports and d other.was able to track 16e,28e and 26e but this 9e is very stubborn.pls ppl help me.
@Eedristo, the precedure is: track startimes with TP 12.015 V 27.500, placing ur lnb skey @ 5 0clock, when u hit green, then tighting the dish a little, turn the lnb skew again to 7 0clock, the above TP will turn red, put this TP for AFN 11.804 V 27.500, if u are using a strong decoder to track u will see flash of green continously but if u are using a satfinder u will see signal quality up to 18%, then bring the elavation of the dish down a bit, the signal will increase, as u are standing at the back of the dish, turn the dish azimuth to the left a bit, to finalised the setup tweek the lnb a bit to add more signal, To confirm wether u have tracked 9e, put this TP 12.015 V 27.500 if it shows red u are on 9e, but if it show green u are on startimes, hope this tutorial will help, pls share it to others.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by emmaniche: 7:53pm On Mar 08, 2017
graphicicon:
@Eedristo, the precedure is: track startimes with TP 12.015 V 27.500, placing ur lnb skey @ 5 0clock, when u hit green, then tighting the dish a little, turn the lnb skew again to 7 0clock, the above TP will turn red, put this TP for AFN 11.804 V 27.500, if u are using a strong decoder to track u will see flash of green continously but if u are using a satfinder u will see signal quality up to 18%, then bring the elavation of the dish down a bit, the signal will increase, as u are standing at the back of the dish, turn the dish azimuth to the left a bit, to finalised the setup tweek the lnb a bit to add more signal, To confirm wether u have tracked 9e, put this TP 12.015 V 27.500 if it shows red u are on 9e, but if it show green u are on startimes, hope this tutorial will help, pls share it to others.
@graphicon thanks a lot. Tried ur method, hit green on startimes 5oclock. Reduced elevation to hit afn 7oclock and imputed starttimes at 5oclock to confirm got red and imputed 11804v27500 got green at 90% on strong decoder. Blind scan and still got star times.
Please help us out with this bird.....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lanceosas(m): 7:56pm On Mar 08, 2017
Greeting friends pls I have a 1.8m dish and a hd reciver but I dnt know the satellite dt will be best for me to track on my dish,I just want the house to help me out on the best bird to track with it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bobojoshua(m): 8:02pm On Mar 08, 2017
graphicicon:
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by logonlaredo: 8:08pm On Mar 08, 2017
emmaniche:

@graphicon thanks a lot. Tried ur method, hit green on startimes 5oclock. Reduced elevation to hit afn 7oclock and imputed starttimes at 5oclock to confirm got red and imputed 11804v27500 got green at 90% on strong decoder. Blind scan and still got star times.
use the unique tp I posted in the previous page if u want 9e easily.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Emmaculate20(m): 8:41pm On Mar 08, 2017
logonlaredo:

And again BOSS, location & dish size also matter's in tracking 9'E
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by logonlaredo: 8:57pm On Mar 08, 2017
Emmaculate20:
And again BOSS, location & dish size also matter's in tracking 9'E
I said that earlier! but that tp is unique to 9e as other satellite close to 9e do not have that tp active on them.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 12:26am On Mar 09, 2017
emmaniche:

@Emmaniche, pls read that post carefully, make sure ur lnb skew will be between 7 to 9 0clock, make sure that 12.015 V 27.500 is totally red when on 9e.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Malix: 2:26am On Mar 09, 2017
Call 08091525901 for digital sat finder

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:49am On Mar 09, 2017
Malix:
Call 08091525901 for digital sat finder
How much
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Truly1: 4:49am On Mar 09, 2017
paulowas:

Downgrade it to an older software ,before upgrading it.

Thanks. I have done as you said but there is still no solution yet! I downgraded the srt 4950H to to even much lower version - 3.20p which it did successfully but when I wanted to do the upgrade to the latest software (3.16p) it started displaying "file size error" again and refused load so any way out?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by paulowas(m): 7:01am On Mar 09, 2017
Truly1:

Thanks. I have done as you said but there is still no solution yet! I downgraded the srt 4950H to to even much lower version - 3.20p which it did successfully but when I wanted to do the upgrade to the latest software (3.16p) it started displaying "file size error" again and refused load so any way out?
ok,use recovery boot system to uprade it:ensure your fashdrive is free of virus,put the software in tne flash,this time around only the software should be in the flash,switch off the receiver and attach the flash to the receiver,on the receiver while holding one of the channel buttons in front of the the receiver,as soon as you see( ----- )in front of the led display,release the channel button,thats all!
Note;make sure you rename the software(rom.bin).
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sauceEEP(m): 7:17am On Mar 09, 2017
Guys is kwese sports on 68.5e back? The ks2 on 7e is wack....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Alibaba1981: 7:34am On Mar 09, 2017
How much
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olawaleejiko: 8:10am On Mar 09, 2017
Pls gurus can this new sw 4.16p open afn package. I want to install it and for how long will i wait till it will show after installation.thx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ismy5000: 8:27am On Mar 09, 2017
timibare:
9degree ku
Call‭ me on 0813 743 3544‬ for your 9e.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ismy5000: 8:27am On Mar 09, 2017
timibare:
9degree ku
Call‭ me on 0813 743 3544‬ for your 9e. Am in Lagos
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodguy: 8:33am On Mar 09, 2017
Very clean 8 months old 1.85cm Supermax dish for sale.

Signify if interested
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sauceEEP(m): 8:57am On Mar 09, 2017
davodguy:
Very clean 8 months old 1.85cm Supermax dish for sale.

Signify if interested
Price and location?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodguy: 9:07am On Mar 09, 2017
sauceEEP:

Price and location?

Lagos mainland and 10k price

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sauceEEP(m): 9:32am On Mar 09, 2017
davodguy:

Lagos mainland and 10k price
Location is the problem,am not in Lagos...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jaydish191: 10:50am On Mar 09, 2017
The Premier League has been granted a court order to stop matches being streamed for free on "Kodi" set-top boxes.dont no if it affects owners outside the u.k source:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/10795317/piracy-crackdown-to-begin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by fijabi(m): 6:22pm On Mar 09, 2017
@all,pls anyone know the price of STARSAT HD recieve and where to get it in alaba market,thanks in advance.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Monlo(m): 9:31pm On Mar 09, 2017
logonlaredo:

That tp is not unique to Eutelsat 9e,as it hosts some channels on Star times too,see below pics with yellow arrow.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 10:18pm On Mar 09, 2017
Monlo:

That tp is not unique to Eutelsat 9e,as it hosts some channels on Star times too,see below pics with yellow arrow.
It is unique, 11766v and 11766h are not thesame.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by logonlaredo: 10:22pm On Mar 09, 2017
Monlo:

check what I posted well and compare with what u are pointing to with your yellow arrow
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodguy: 11:24pm On Mar 09, 2017
sauceEEP:

Location is the problem,am not in Lagos...
Eya.

So sorry my dear friend
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Monlo(m): 7:45am On Mar 10, 2017
abohwun:
logonlaredo:

check what I posted well and compare with what u are pointing to with your yellow arrow
abohwun:

Thanks my mentors/gurus.We learn everyday,Godbless.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Truly1: 11:35am On Mar 10, 2017
paulowas:

ok,use recovery boot system to uprade it:ensure your fashdrive is free of virus,put the software in tne flash,this time around only the software should be in the flash,switch off the receiver and attach the flash to the receiver,on the receiver while holding one of the channel buttons in front of the the receiver,as soon as you see( ----- )in front of the led display,release the channel button,thats all!
Note;make sure you rename the software(rom.bin).

Thanks for your response as usual. I have tried this option of 'recovery boot system to upgrade' too but it is not working and I think maybe because the decoder is not a dead one already. Each time I tried the upgrade via this option of "rom.bin", the decoder will just reboot normally without recognizing it, and I have tried it severally but no way, so is there any other way out?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kizito2nv(m): 12:17pm On Mar 10, 2017
ezo4fta:
Pls I bought this free TV digitune box....they say it is free for one year. I bought it 1500. When I put it on it will get to a point, it will display the unique ID...and ask me to text the unique id to one number....but I send it to the number and no reply ever since....I tried calling the number but there was a reply that ''I can't reach the customer care person now cos the mail box is full. Please do anybody know how to activate this box?
how did you finally install it am having the same problem here
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Monlo(m): 1:21pm On Mar 10, 2017
Good pm fellow FTA Lovers,Has anyone here please tell me how to update/upgrade " Tiger "decoder with latest software,I mean from experience.I currently want to update with latest software.Even though am used to Upgrading my "Strong " decoder.Thanks @all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) (1480) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.