Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,110 members, 7,845,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5468844 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ibaku(m): 1:43pm On May 21, 2012
@All, for me, a discussion on any dth provider ( hacking ) in these country should not be allowed on this thread, at †ђe same time, those. Of u who think u can get ds to get on there knees by installing fta dishes everywhere must be joking.My friends, †ђe chinko's have come to do that for us. Find a thread where such yarn is allowed and upgrade, stop forcing it on nairaland.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 2:36pm On May 21, 2012
my brothers.Let us respect the image of this forum,let us stop posting something that will terminate this forum.instead make we backyard tru yahoo mail.thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 3:07pm On May 21, 2012
The problem we have on this satellite issues is our bag Government and our people..(1)our people/government formed a group BON and NBC to take care of our satellite,but they see d opportunity of eating and sucking the providers.that is why i say naija jaga jaga.OUR NAIJA MOTTO IS'THE REACH GETS REACHER,THE POOR GETS POORER.'B4.I called our leaders mosquito,now they have turned 2 VAMPIRE.(THEY SUCK BLOOD AND ALSO KILLS.)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 4:02pm On May 21, 2012
Calls, take time and google price of sky premium subscription for onr year also calculate dstv and feed us back.sky is more expensive than dstv and its not by force that eberybody musy watch it its a choice.we still kick against any discussing that can put this thread in big mess.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 7:53pm On May 21, 2012
@olofofo,
Its been quite a while indeed. While not meaning to join issues with you, I just want to clarify a few misconceptions your post (https://www.nairaland.com/712408/free-air-satellite-tv-general/149#10868375) seems to have thrown up.

First of all, you suggested that the reason most old members don't visit the thread anymore is because there are no new things to talk about and the only new things are iilegal and that is why they stay away to discuss such things. Well, I think you couldn't be more wrong. I could give you a long list of exciting events what has happened in the world of FTA in the past one year but time would fail me. I will however limit myself to the tracking of nilesat which you spoke so disparagingly about. If you are an installer and were installing nilesat about a year or two ago and you want to use the same skills and methods you were using then to install that same bird today, I tell you that such an installer will sweat unnecessarily in the sun for hours without tracking any signal. At the end, he may end up being disgraced by his customer after trying furtively for several hours without results. Time indeed has changed and so has FTA technology. In this short space of time, some newer birds have come on the scene, a few have changed positions, transponders once active have become stone dead while formerly hard to get distant birds are now dancing on 90cm dishes. Unfortunately, you cannot get this load of info if you don't follow the trend. You risk being alienated if all you do every day is coil up on your sofa and watch unscrambled channels.

Secondly, you seem to suggest that there are no good FTA channels available anymore except French speaking ones and the only interesting ones are those you acquire by illegal means. You also stretched it further by implying that as long as you can watch paid channels by any means that makes them FTA to you. Well, again my brother you are totally wrong. Maybe you're not aware but there are still a whole lot of exciting FTA stations majority of them English speaking and Multi-TV is not the only place you can get them. Many of us still watch good movies, news, sports and documentaries without getting involved in illegalities. You of all people knows that most of what is regarded as paid channels by these paytv coys are only FTA in glorified form. Our job as FTA hobbyists is to fish them out where ever they are. You were in the forefront of this before you finally decided to turn to the other side. And, the fact that you can watch paid channels whenever you like and however you like unfortunately still does not make them FTA.

Because we seem to live in a lawless society this side of the world, we sometimes become complacent in our illegalities but I think that attitude itself puts us in grave danger. The arm of the law may be slow and cloggy sometimes but eventually it does catch up with peeps (when they least expect it). Sometime in March, I posted a story (https://www.nairaland.com/896728/starview-team-jailed-over-card#10431595) about 4 men caught stealing Virgin Media signals in the UK. Apparently they had been doing this through online servers for about a year before they were eventually caught. I'm sure they had thought they couldn't be reached but the PAYTV coys have a way of fishing out offenders on their network and as we speak today they are cooling their heels in a jail house somewhere. The same thing does happen here in this country. We may not hear about it but offenders are being caught and thrown in jail every now and then. Except you have a godfather somewhere who can intervene and bail you out, I'm afraid such a person risks being forgotten in a non-descript prison somewhere in a place where he can longer sell dongles or clines.

I think I have made my point but lastly on the issue of I HACKED posting those DVB transcodings, I agree totally that it is not the right thing for him to do but for what it was worth (again) I see that his actions has forced this topic back on the front burner. I'm impressed to see members who ordinarily have not posted here for a long while being forced to weigh in and make their voices heard. If this is what it takes to stir the hornets’ nest and put things in their proper perspective, I think for me it was worth it.

I do not support breaking of forum rules but then neither do I support breaking of PAYTV encryptions for whatever motive no matter how noble. We all make different choices in life and a few of us have decided to stay clean. I think it’s all about contentment and having a bigger world view. I do not have anything against those who choose to delve into illegalities in a bid to satisfy their inner cravings but I can only advise that there are consequences for such actions. Also not forgetting that while they choose to pursue this line of personal gratification a couple of smart peeps are smiling to the banks at their expense.

VIVA FTA!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 8:12pm On May 21, 2012
Hmmmmm
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 8:15pm On May 21, 2012
You all rescan 4.8e for channel.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 8:42pm On May 21, 2012
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olofofo(m): 9:23pm On May 21, 2012
@George_d

At the end of the day, we are all entitled to our own opinions and believes.... what makes you happy might not necessarily be what makes others happy...and regarding changes in FTA and tracking of BUD (Big Ugly Dishes),in my opinion the only thing that's changed is not the Technic, but the tools (mainly frequencies, LNBs are what's changing, it used to 10758, then 11997 and now 11823 to track nilesat, every other thing remain the same, excepts for collectors of decoders like Badaru, Myself and Mr. Jamiu, nothing else has changed!

once in a while there's a new satellite to track and the Technic to track it will still remain the same.. and if u are lucky to have a motorized dish, then it as easy as putting in the new frequencies..

also the argument about how PAYTV operators are selling us FTA channels, can someone please show me a satellite where discovery, zone reality, bbc lifestyle, Knowledge, ESPN and co is shown FTA, all these are premium contents and never free!

lastly, if u really love to watch TV, then NILESAT, will never ever be enough..u see those $$$$ signs and u ask yourself why its there? its always been like that for hobbyist and it will continue to be like that..

VIVA...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 9:30pm On May 21, 2012
olofofo.Maybe ure from Ghana tht is why u mentiond multi-tv which will be scrambble soon.Are GTV,TV3,HITZ,MUSIC,4KIDS,etc.a Naija tv channels?.I have a startime decoder can u believe that Nta Onitsha is scrambble.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 9:49pm On May 21, 2012
@ALL,
I NOTICED I HACKED IS NOW LOOKING LIKE A HACKED CORRUPT COMPUTER PROGRAM, I SEE THINGS LIKE ....., ...., MALI MALI MALI, HELP HELP!!!
I THINK WE SHOULD TAKE IT EASY WITH THE GUY.
I ALWAYS HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE GUY BUT I DONT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT POST HE MADE, ALMOST ALL THE GURUS HERE ARE CRITICISING HIM FOR REVEILING CODES THAT CAN HELP NEWBIES AND SO CALLED GURUS WATCH ENCRIPTED CHANNELS, MEANWHILE IF YOU LOOK DEEPLY YOU WILL FIND OUT THAT ALMOST ALL THE GURUS HERE ARE WATCHING PAY TV CHANNELS ILLEGALLY AND YET THEY ARE THE FIRST TO CAST THE STONE. NOT ONE OF US HERE IS PURE, WE HAVE ALL SINNED AND DONE ILLEGAL THINGS, SO DONT COME HERE AS A GURU AND PRETEND, AS IF U ARE PERFECT, WE ARE ALL LEARNING, HE WAS ONLY TRING TO ENLIGHTEN US ON HIS NEW DISCOVERY, AND YOU CANT TELL ME NAIRALAND WILL BE CLOSED BECAUSE WE TALK ABOUT WATCHING PAYED CHANNELS ILLEGALLY, I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE TALKING OF ALL KINDS OF HACKING AND CRACKING WORSE THAN THIS ON OTHER FORUMS ON NAIRALAND, BUT NO ONE DID ANY HARM TO THEM OR THE FORUM, SO CUT THE CRAP, HOW CAN YOU KEEP ON TALKING ABOUT ONE SAME ISSUE OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR MORE THAN 5 YEARS (FTA)? WE HAVE TO GROW UP AND UPGRADE. IF THE OWNER OF NAIRALAND DOES NOT WANT US TO POST SUCH THINGS IN THIS FORUM, PEOPLE LIKE IHACKED THAT HAVE NEW GOOD INFOMATIONS SHOULD MAKE ANNOUNCEMENTS ON THE THREAD THAT THERE IS SOMETHING NEW BUT IT CANT BE POSTED HERE THEN WE POST OUR EMAILS AND GET THE INFO, BUT NOW EVEN THOSE THAT POST THEIR EMAILS ARE ALSO BLAMED, THE BEST THING IS TO POST YOUR MAIL IF YOU NEED THE INFORMATION. MAY GOD HELP US ALL!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 10:27pm On May 21, 2012
Mmmmmmm i finally agree that there is an element of good in a bad,@ all just because of one single post 4rm 1 hacked all the guru that have post long time are coming in to drop a word or 2, Badaru 1,olofofo, microgiant,dejisam,borderline,George-d, you all are the front runner of this great forum pls pls&pls the forum must not die let us see ur post once in a while, fta 4 life.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mbapelvis: 12:05am On May 22, 2012
@ rescan your dishes at Astra4A 4.5°E and watch Drippin Dancing
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 10:47am On May 22, 2012
I find it funny that I-Hacked succeeded in triggering such reactions in the house. I ask myself this question: Is it just because the site may be brought down by the powers that be that has caused subterranean actors to stir from their graves wither they will sublime back into once the dust gets settled? Or is it because BB may do something given the info put forth by I-Hacked that'll put pay to viewing of encrypted channels for good?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 11:06am On May 22, 2012
Auchs and all the following tps may be useful whenever you want to motorise your dishes...from 30w to 36e.hispasat 30w 10730 h 27500, intelsat 27.5 w 3765 v 24449, intelsat 24.5w 4111 h 5750, ses4 22w 10986v 30000, intelsat 18w 3890 h265000,, express 11w3663 v 10809, nilesat 19386 v 27500, atlanticbird3 5w 11059 h 2370/, intelsat 1_02 1w 4025 v 7324.will post the eastern tp later in the day.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 11:53am On May 22, 2012
Like i said before, let us all cut the crap and move on, plz people!!! undecided
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 12:45pm On May 22, 2012
@olofofo,
Remember you were once a fan of those 'big ugly dishes' that you loathe so much nowadays? And in any case times have changed and they don't make them so ugly anymore wink

Seriously though, all those packages you mentioned may not be FTA in this part of the world but there are better alternatives to nearly all of them, free. The other day peeps were watching the Chelsea-Bayern Munich match same time, in real time free like other paid subscribers and they didn't have to do it through illegal means.

The point is, you can get most any package you want free with the right amount of knowledge (I guess you already know that). But the problem is that most of us have become so complacent to the extent that we see FTA as an unnecesary burden. We now resort to shortcuts by delving into illegalities. And, a few of us erstwhile advocates of FTA have now become so engrossed in this shady practice that we not only perpetuate it for ourselves, we now live by it. This to me is very unfortunate.

P.S: Talking of tracking nilesat, things have gotten much better with the arrival of Eutelsat 7W NWA beam. Now you can use 11156v or 10992v and tidy up in less than 30mins. You don't need 11823v except when you're finetuning. And, gone are the days when you have to track NSS7 (22W) before proceeding to nilesat. Now you can do it in one single step and you're done.

You're still my man anyday though. I guess we all just have to stick to what floats our boat.

VIVA FTA!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 1:05pm On May 22, 2012
Moderator I think we need to shut down this thread for a week,thereafter we can reopen.by then we must have refresh our brains.George and olofofo enough of this .haba una won turn to that musician nice and ruggedy.omo enough
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by BUGS12: 1:28pm On May 22, 2012
I hacked, pls if dey dont want u to post dos tins here u can cum and post dem freely on my forum, it had a bug so i had to refresh it, it is good now, and any1 here dat has somtin good to offer is welcum in ma site, good day everione.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by figment232(m): 3:04pm On May 22, 2012
@BUGS12

Whats the website address paste it lets see
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 3:23pm On May 22, 2012
Why is it that good things are too far from us?BUT for those with 2.6m dish to 10m in Naija and environ can watch BIG BIG FTA channels like BBC news,BBC ONE and TWO,ITV 1 to 4 london,NAT GEO ADV,NAT GEO CH,FOX NEWS,VOA AFRICA,STAR MOVIES,FX,FOX MOVIES,ABU DHABI SPORTS 1 and 2,MBC1-4,Action and max,OPTIMA SPORT,AL JAZEERA SPORT GLOBAL,DUBAI SPORT1,SKY NEWS,CNN, WBS1,and many many and so much more FTA 2 Watch.just get atleast 2.6m dish just goto lyngsat.com and make ur choice.happy tracking.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by satmaniac(m): 3:26pm On May 22, 2012
obnelly: Auchs and all the following tps may be useful whenever you want to motorise your dishes...from 30w to 36e.hispasat 30w 10730 h 27500, intelsat 27.5 w 3765 v 24449, intelsat 24.5w 4111 h 5750, ses4 22w 10986v 30000, intelsat 18w 3890 h265000,, express 11w3663 v 10809, nilesat 19386 v 27500, atlanticbird3 5w 11059 h 2370/, intelsat 1_02 1w 4025 v 7324.will post the eastern tp later in the day.
@obnelly I can do nothing but thank you!
@all pls lets respect each other,what is good for one may not be good for another.Lets join hand to improve this forum,lets try as much not to discuss 'illegalities'remember there is always some rules and regulation guiding the establishment of website, now ask yoursf whether we are violating those rule.Lets not pull down this structure set in place by the gurus some of us derive great joy in insulting them.
@obnelly thanks once again! @all Awaiting the movie 'the eastern tp'directed by nairaland,produce by obnelly.COMING SOON!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by BUGS12: 3:36pm On May 22, 2012
Figment232, d website is on my signature, if i post it out i will be banned, expectin u.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 5:03pm On May 22, 2012
Rascom 2.8e 10870 h 19630, astra4.8e 12525 v30000, hotbird 13e 10719 v 27500, eutelsat 16e 10804 h 30000 amos 17e 11885 v 27499, astra 19(ary) arabsat 20e 3712 h 2599, eutelsat 21.6e 11608 h 3590,, eurobird 25.5e 11629h 5800,astra 28e 12552 v 19531, arabsat 30.5 e 3813 v 4000, astra 31.5 11817v27500, eutelsat w7 11729 v 2750 0
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ussals(m): 5:09pm On May 22, 2012
@1hacked and all, if any1 has anything informative, educative or anything just install whatsapp in your phone n lets meet, we share anything sharable
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ucheo: 5:18pm On May 22, 2012
Good evening

Please can one receive nilesat with 2.4m dish in the east. Abakaliki. Secondly how big is the dish? Please I dont want to be bashed. just asking
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 5:58pm On May 22, 2012
@ obnelly this is a very good job u have done welldone.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 6:13pm On May 22, 2012
Adex70: @ obnelly this is a very good job u have done welldone.

bro i have been trying to mail u but failing to go...... Just try and send me an empty mail then i can reply u with the content i wana talk about.... Will be expecting!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 6:27pm On May 22, 2012
Ucheo,it depends on what you are looking for on nilesat.but you have better options at abakaliki with your 2.4m facing badr 26e than nilesat7.for perfect signal on badr 24/7go for 3m.also I am working seriously on petalised dish hopefully if time permit I should be able to hit euro2012 on some free to air channels.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olofofo(m): 6:41pm On May 22, 2012
@george

I still enjoy my big ugly dish, but more on hotbird than on nilesat.. Truth is I do not watch bb that much... I love my bud any day

@all

Anyone seeing this exchange as a quarrel is truly myopic.. We learn more from each other when we argue than when we follow, follow..

For all those still confused...WHat Ihacked posted is of no use to anyone on this forum and it just goes to confirm that he uses cline.. We should never be afraid to ask real questions and that's the only way we can learn..

To all those hurling insults, what can I say? Show me one person on this forum that's called himself a guru and I will show u a liar..

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (2352) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.