Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,034 members, 7,838,585 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5462389 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1508) (1509) (1510) (1511) (1512) (1513) (1514) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pryncipal: 8:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
Real m. vs Barcelona live on signal 1 eutelsat 10e tp 3899 v 7500.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eddyline(m): 9:30pm On Apr 23, 2017
Spy360:
Is the signal stable?
it has been quite stable in the last two days.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugoobest1(m): 9:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
pls anyone dat cn help me track dis mbc...7w west side. bn trying snc morning to no avail. am in osogbo osun state
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bbdot(m): 10:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
pls anyone dat cn help me track dis mbc...7w west side. bn trying snc morning to no avail. am in osogbo call me 07065831426
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Swanky092: 10:35pm On Apr 23, 2017
Please someone should confirm if MyTv FTV is still active on 4922a with mytv card? (ie for new registration)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by steppin: 10:39pm On Apr 23, 2017
Swanky092:
Please someone should confirm if MyTv FTV is still active on 4922a with mytv card? (ie for new registration)
They discontinued the use of ftv cards for new users after ripping people off.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by joshbro: 10:42pm On Apr 23, 2017
abohwun:
12284v 27500 but use 12303h 27500 for tracking.
hhhg thanks very much av tried to nail that sidde bt no avail i will still try tommorow
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oguguolouis(m): 6:24am On Apr 24, 2017
Biss key for Mbcu E on 68e ku band pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by agkilis: 7:04am On Apr 24, 2017
joshbro:
hhhg thanks very much av tried to nail that sidde bt no avail i will still try tommorow
I also tried yesterday to nail MBC on 1.8m no green,I nailed joy TV and I tried to get both on same Lnb but no way instead it was dstv that came up
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by agkilis: 7:10am On Apr 24, 2017
is it possible to nail both joy TV and MBC together on one Lnb on a prime focus dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 7:41am On Apr 24, 2017
Oguguolouis:
Biss key for Mbcu E on 68e ku band pls

Gurus,
Pls answer this ooooo
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:55am On Apr 24, 2017
SweetWJ:

What special features are embedded in this DVB-S2x? And how available are they? Thanks and God bless u

DVB-S2x is the update of DVB-S2.which means that a tuner of a satellite receiver has to be DVB-S2x compliant to be able to lock dvbs-2x signal....where DVB-S2x tuner can receive DVB-S/DVB-S2 and DVB-S2x respectively

Features and benefits of DVB-S2x over DVB-S2:
The developers claims that the DVBS-2x efficiency gain over DVB-S2 is around 51% at same satellite transponder bandwidth and emitted signal power..which simply means that DVB-S2x can carry 51% more services than dvb-s2x..for example lets assume a transponder( A) given as 12000 H/V on a DVB-S2 satellite reception has a maximum channel capacity of up to 10 channels or services on its bandwidth and emitted signal power....if DVB-S2x is applied on the same transponder it will increase the channel capacity around 15 additional channels or services ...and for direct to home services ku/ka band an increase of up to 20% extra efficiency can be achieved on DVB-S2x....as this will help saltellite operators and broadcasters cut cost and to deliver more contents with same capacity..with DVB S2X availability of high modulation schemes of up to 64/128/256APSK is possible..unlike DVB S2 higher modulation is 8PSK 16APSK & 32APSK
There is only few DVB S2X reception available on some fringe sat like 19.2east/4.8east/33east/ and one on 26east NWA beam..
DVB S2X was introduced at the same time as new efficient HEVC video coding, it is expected that new satellite will combine HEVC/DVB S2X..to deliver UHD,4k/HD services more efficient....some manufacturers has started producing DVB S2X satellite receivers with hevc/4k support.

Cheers grin

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 11:01am On Apr 24, 2017
odilibe:

DVB-S2x is the update of DVB-S2.which means that a tuner of a satellite receiver has to be DVB-S2x compliant to be able to lock dvbs-2x signal....where DVB-S2x tuner can receive DVB-S/DVB-S2 and DVB-S2x respectively

Cheers grin

very insightful analysis
are u in Lagos sir would have love to met with u for some consultation please
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oguguolouis(m): 4:31pm On Apr 24, 2017
Very dull house
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kazewou: 5:10pm On Apr 24, 2017
Hello Guru add me too on whatsapps group +22507747957
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 6:57pm On Apr 24, 2017
Goodday house.Pls i want to track consat,can someone tell me the satellite and frequency.Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 7:06pm On Apr 24, 2017
Again,i tried to track mytv cband but i couln't get it.The guy said the dish is 1.8m but i was doubting because it looks like 1.4m.but not withstanding aljazeera/cnn or samaa ought to show.What am i doing wrong?because i keyed in aljazeera frequency and tried but no way. Pls,somebody should come to my rescue.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adeniyiadewusi: 9:20pm On Apr 24, 2017
someone such help me with Sony max frequency and symbol rate for cband
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by routsz: 5:20am On Apr 25, 2017
eerekake:
Again,i tried to track mytv cband but i couln't get it.The guy said the dish is 1.8m but i was doubting because it looks like 1.4m.but not withstanding aljazeera/cnn or samaa ought to show.What am i doing wrong?because i keyed in aljazeera frequency and tried but no way. Pls,somebody should come to my rescue.
Is there anything like "mytv cband"?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 5:53am On Apr 25, 2017
routsz:

The one that host SONY ESPN,PIX,SIX,MAX,ALJAZEERA,CNN,HBO,EWTN ETC.Is what i,m talking about,are you new to the satellite world?because i expected a novice to ask such a question.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 5:56am On Apr 25, 2017
odilibe:

Features and benefits of DVB-S2x over DVB-S2:
The developers claims that the DVBS-2x efficiency gain over DVB-S2 is around 51% at same satellite transponder bandwidth and emitted signal power..which simply means that DVB-S2x can carry 51% more services than dvb-s2x..for example lets assume a transponder( A) given as 12000 H/V on a DVB-S2 satellite reception has a maximum channel capacity of up to 10 channels or services on its bandwidth and emitted signal power....if DVB-S2x is applied on the same transponder it will increase the channel capacity around 15 additional channels or services ...and for direct to home services ku/ka band an increase of up to 20% extra efficiency can be achieved on DVB-S2x....as this will help saltellite operators and broadcasters cut cost and to deliver more contents with same capacity..with DVB S2X availability of high modulation schemes of up to 64/128/256APSK is possible..unlike DVB S2 higher modulation is 8PSK 16APSK & 32APSK
There is only few DVB S2X reception available on some fringe sat like 19.2east/4.8east/33east/ and one on 26east NWA beam..
DVB S2X was introduced at the same time as new efficient HEVC video coding, it is expected that new satellite will combine HEVC/DVB S2X..to deliver UHD,4k/HD services more efficient....some manufacturers has started producing DVB S2X satellite receivers with hevc/4k support.

Cheers grin
Good analysis but I sincerely think this has nothing to do with a receiver's tuner,I think it has more to do the board/circuit especially strong decoders which some parts are mostly interchangable like the power(4669x can work with 75/A and 4940)same goes for the LED display for 63x,69x and 75.I think this is also targetted to minimise signal fade.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 5:57am On Apr 25, 2017
adeniyiadewusi:
someone such help me with Sony max frequency and symbol rate for cband
Sony Max frequency 3900[H]22222.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adeniyiadewusi: 6:41am On Apr 25, 2017
pls are d Sony max channel still working because I want to change my sports 24
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adeniyiadewusi: 6:48am On Apr 25, 2017
thanks for the frequency I will try it tomorrow morning.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 6:54am On Apr 25, 2017
adeniyiadewusi:
pls are d Sony max channel still working because I want to change my sports 24
They're still working for now pending when they'll start implementing their NDS.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adeniyiadewusi: 7:06am On Apr 25, 2017
thanks u sir very much.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adeniyiadewusi: 7:34am On Apr 25, 2017
are they still showing laliga pls.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adeniyiadewusi: 7:54am On Apr 25, 2017
I'm​ new person here I join last night.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ArewaNG: 8:21am On Apr 25, 2017
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugasat(m): 8:46am On Apr 25, 2017
eerekake:
The one that host SONY ESPN,PIX,SIX,MAX,ALJAZEERA,CNN,HBO,EWTN ETC.Is what i,m talking about,are you new to the satellite world?because i expected a novice to ask such a question.

That satellite is known as INTELSAT 20 or in short IS 20. It is you ignorant installers who have given it a non existent name of "MyTv position".

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugasat(m): 9:14am On Apr 25, 2017
routsz:

No sir, there is no such a satellite at all my dear Routsz. It is these untrained, illiterate, half-baked and primitive installers like Eerekake who have given it a strange non existent name of "mytv cband".
That satellite is known as INTELSAT 20 or in short IS 20. That is the proper and official name for the satellite.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 1kinggy(m): 9:34am On Apr 25, 2017
Hello. Please I need help. I lost audio on all my tvc channels on 16e.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have rescan bed. My Audio ID is in proper sequence.

Please help.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1508) (1509) (1510) (1511) (1512) (1513) (1514) ... (2352) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.