Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5437798 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1604) (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 8:28pm On Sep 14, 2017
HAH:
30k here in kd, the ultra is 20k
Is the ultra capable of showing it also?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HAH: 11:39pm On Sep 14, 2017
eerekake:
Is the ultra capable of showing it also?
yes
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Easy023(m): 5:27am On Sep 15, 2017
Easy023:
For those on abs'3a @ 3'w, please wat's the lnb skew?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 6:28am On Sep 15, 2017
yawwilson:
Hello everyone!!, Those with 4950h , don't you worry,lets say at least a week from now you will be smiling.Anyway am checking out 4955 ; it's response time is impressive, with a little tweak to the software,it will replace the 4950
If I want to buy a strong decoder which of these should I get? Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 6:43am On Sep 15, 2017
davodyguy:

Except you want to use the decoder for other purpose, if not don't waste your money
I wish to buy a new decoder, which do you suggest. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ismy5000: 6:53am On Sep 15, 2017
Monlo:

Congrats man,me too!I have since moved on to the Tiger series of Decoder.One good thing about them is their dedicated site for regular softwares update.Do you know now that they just released the latest,capable of doing wonder to our " Run away brother" now returned from exile "Senior Prefect" of Class 2 garrison 4.I just downloaded it,to upgrade mine and test ,since there are already proof,it is working with my model.
Enjoy all.

Nice talk Bro. I grab and understand your quote
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Monlo(m): 7:27am On Sep 15, 2017
This one just weak me

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adeniyiadewusi: 8:20am On Sep 15, 2017
good morning house
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adeniyiadewusi: 8:21am On Sep 15, 2017
help me with new (The Apostolic Church Media satellite frequency and symbol rate
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 15, 2017
Spy360:

If I want to buy a strong decoder which of these should I get? Thanks.
Hello,I think the 4955 has a better processor, hence a better decoding speed, however the 4950h has a better picture quality.But I believe a new patch will be written to take care of the picture quality.
For the tuner, that of the 4955 is better. That's my observations for now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 15, 2017
Good day@all!! The manufacturers/producers of decoders and receivers do release new models base on customer complains and criticism and subsequent releases are always a step higher than the previous.
Now after criticising and a new model is released and you refuse to buy, where do they get the money from to pay for R&D.
So now if there are no complains, the company will keep producing the same model .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kibukila(m): 9:37am On Sep 15, 2017
yawwilson:

Hello,I think the 4955 has a better processor, hence a better decoding speed, however the 4950h has a better picture quality.But I believe a new patch will be written to take care of the picture quality.

What about the issues with SRT4955.Its video and audio not synchronized.The audio is ahead. Can this be fixed.I have not yet come across SRT4953 & SRT4957 may be are better in that aspect.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 15, 2017
kibukila:

What about the issues with SRT4955.Its video and audio not synchronized.The audio is ahead. Can this be fixed.I have not yet come across SRT4953 & SRT4957 may be are better in that aspect.
Since it's not general except for some channels,I think it can be fixed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 10:55am On Sep 15, 2017
Spy360:

I wish to buy a new decoder, which do you suggest. Thanks.

Efficiency Strong decoders have proven to be the best over the years, but no as dongle

I mean not that it will do what dongles like qsat, Apha box etc does.

Go for the latest in the 4950s series.

4922a used to be the best, until the 50s came on board
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 10:56am On Sep 15, 2017
Monlo:
This one just weak me

Where is the guy from?

Is he a mumu ni?

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mahkanjuh: 11:42am On Sep 15, 2017
pls, I need multiple LNB holder at a cheap price in Osogbo
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by starwood: 11:45am On Sep 15, 2017
Please does anyone know where I can buy this multiple lnb holder in Abuja and the price. Thanks

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 12:50pm On Sep 15, 2017
yawwilson:

davodyguy:

Efficiency Strong decoders have proven to be the best over the years, but no as dongle

I mean not that it will do what dongles like qsat, Apha box etc does.

Go for the latest in the 4950s series.

4922a used to be the best, until the 50s came on board

Thanks brothers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 12:52pm On Sep 15, 2017
Monlo:
This one just weak me
Lol That one just expose you everything.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mourino: 1:09pm On Sep 15, 2017
Good day house. Please, which is better of among Strong 4950 series? What is the cost implication, what is the Blind Scan duration? Thnx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by feranmi9(m): 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2017
starwood:
Please does anyone know where I can buy this multiple lnb holder in Abuja and the price. Thanks

Well done bro. Please which satellites are these can you name them please? Cheers!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 2:15pm On Sep 15, 2017
yawwilson:

Hello yawwilson,
have you used SRT4955 receiver? I so much detest that receiver most especially when using it with Cband satellites. The horizontal transponders wouldn't turn green except one changes it to vartical and vice versa to the vertical transponders though I stand to be corrected. I don't have it but my neighbor who is using it have been complaining a lot about the receiver.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by merrypakman: 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2017
Folks! any idea on how to unlock Airtel E173u-2. please help me out. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
Dlee1:

Hello yawwilson,
have you used SRT4955 receiver? I so much detest that receiver most especially when using it with Cband satellites. The horizontal transponders wouldn't turn green except one changes it to vartical and vice versa to the vertical transponders though I stand to be corrected. I don't have it but my neighbor who is using it have been complaining a lot about the receiver.
My dear brother, the issue with C- band is very tricky, even the placing of C-band lnb can greatly change the polarity,so this is not a problem of the decoder however whiles undertaking a little experiment, I realized both polarities (v/h) were receivable on certain cband channels.am still analysing the receiver.. may be TV quality could also determine picture output..(Rem; I do have 4955G too)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 15, 2017
merrypakman:
Hello, please there is a phone and modem section of nairaland kindly visit it and your problem will be solved.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bakbayus: 5:02pm On Sep 15, 2017
merrypakman:
Goodle Huawei unlocking tools to generate a pin to re-write it. Or u check oda link on dis forum as it has been suggested

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 8:29pm On Sep 15, 2017
What about Kwese decoder. Is it available on Nigeria?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Etumoja: 12:22am On Sep 16, 2017
Is there anyone here who can help me get the dstv subscription device please pm for deal
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gabon(m): 3:28am On Sep 16, 2017
Hello everyone, please which FTA satellite can I get good foreign action movies with 90cm dish.

Thanks for your help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 5:36am On Sep 16, 2017
Dlee1:

Hello yawwilson,
I actually thought that decoders have nothing to do with changing polarizations, this is mostly caused by LNBFs type and LNBF's plate placement.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by philipbash: 6:22am On Sep 16, 2017
Use 90cm for tracking multi tv 12525v30000
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by philipbash: 6:23am On Sep 16, 2017
gabon:
Hello everyone, please which FTA satellite can I get good foreign action movies with 90cm dish.

Thanks for your help
They are trying their best when it comes to movie

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1604) (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.