Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,730 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1664) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5447428 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1661) (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 9:20am On Dec 01, 2017
Tstv frequency 11054 with stations like MBC ...channels...Dubai one is not stable if u are using 90cm even 11088 sometimes misbehaves though rarely but currently stable...but etv south Africa temporarily FTA on same position with tstv is stable with a very good pic quality....access bet ....v sports preach TV...opm are all stable...I think tstv have to work on their signal...lest I forget there is MBC max (txcd)on 11088 stable
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ismy5000: 11:40am On Dec 01, 2017
lincolnola:
All my gurus,
I have 16e (primary) ,28e and 5e on 1 meter dish.
Can I get Tstv using this same setup as attachment?
Thanks
No you can't . Or just make 28 as primary. Attach 16 below it and 42 with 55 above it. Nothing so special at 5e
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HAH: 12:08pm On Dec 01, 2017
House, please what can be done to get audio on channels tv on 10e, other stations have voice but channels have clear pictures but no audio
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:51pm On Dec 01, 2017
Ismy5000:

Yes you suppose to. Or just make 28 as primary. Attach 16 below it and 42 with 55 above it. Nothing so special at 5e

4W on that same dish?

Nope
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by logonlaredo: 4:42pm On Dec 01, 2017
2018 world cup draw live on RTS1 @ 16e

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pascal679: 6:30pm On Dec 01, 2017
life707:

Watching the channels

how did u track
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by yaseen1: 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2017
I have signal 57/58% spr24 on srt4922 but d signal nt poping up on qsat26. soln pls?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 12:19am On Dec 02, 2017
yaseen1:
I have signal 57/58% spr24 on srt4922 but d signal nt poping up on qsat26. soln pls?
check your qsat decoder properly
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 12:30am On Dec 02, 2017
Needed urgently USED 1m dish and tiger decoder condition- it must be in good condition. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Predator188: 5:41am On Dec 02, 2017
yaseen1:
check your diseqc switch...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 8:02am On Dec 02, 2017
abohwun:
Here is the pic primary 26/28e attached 42e

Thanks abohwun,
If I saw correctly, the 42°e is by the left of primary when facing the dish and pls by how many centimetres?
Secondly,I heard I can combine ABS 3 west with my setup which has16e (primary) with 5e and 28e on 1mtr dish,is it so? And if yes,please explain the steps
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 8:11am On Dec 02, 2017
Ismy5000:

No you can't . Or just make 28 as primary. Attach 16 below it and 42 with 55 above it. Nothing so special at 5e

@ Ismy5000
I thought a guy said in this forum that he has tracked ABS3 West with 28e,16e etc
Check this attached pix

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by yaseen1: 8:27am On Dec 02, 2017
not using diseqc pls. is direct to qsat.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by harjirem(m): 8:31am On Dec 02, 2017
graphicicon:
use NTA TP or AFN TP to track sport 24hd, the TP of sport 24hd is 04.132 V 30.000, make sure you put your dioelectic plate very well inside the LNBF throat, if you are using Powersat lnbf let the dioelectic plate be on a vertical in line with the lnbf port.
Ppl pls give me d NTA and AFN frquency number
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by yaseen1: 9:27am On Dec 02, 2017
3926H3776

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ebenz4(m): 9:46am On Dec 02, 2017
Obifrank:
House, I need a good installer in satellite town, Lagos that can host multiple lnbf on a dish.
Reply this comment with your details, I will call you.
Furthermore, kindly be informed that I shall appreciate if the job is done over this long weekend.
Thanks
call me on 07034767125
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 10:18am On Dec 02, 2017
lincolnola:

Thanks abohwun,
If I saw correctly, the 42°e is by the left of primary when facing the dish and pls by how many centimetres?
Secondly,I heard I can combine ABS 3 west with my setup which has16e (primary) with 5e and 28e on 1mtr dish,is it so? And if yes,please explain the steps
I have not try combining 16e with 3e but there is a picture for that above.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:42am On Dec 02, 2017
3W is almost 180degrees opposite the position where 28°E, 36°E is .

I know because I had to move my dish to track it.

So i have my doubt about this talk of combining 3w with other SATs facing E.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by life707: 12:11pm On Dec 02, 2017
Copied

Dish size is everything.

Dish size is everything. LNBs only have a very very very very .... small effect as does receiver
sensitivity. Dish size is everything! Going from a 0.9dB to a 0.1dB does not have the effect of
5mm of dish diameter! and then the lower noise LNB will only help in good weather, virtually no
effect in bad weather.

Bigger dishes provide more signal in all weathers. BUT .. if the dish size cannot be increased for any reason, the lower noise LNB can help a small amount and it MIGHT be just enough to pull in a difficult to receive channel that was just coming in but maybe pixilation or
freezing (a common fault caused usually by lack of signal) was a problem and may be stopped.
0.1dB LNBs!

To achieve 0.1dBs over a significant frequency range, manufacturers would need super
cooling to slow the electrons down! Simply not possible at normal temperatures in the UK. It may
well be the case that the new 0.1dB LNBs have the lowest noise figures. They are very good LNBs.
Possibly even be the best, but they really can't be as low as 0.1dB or 0.2dB over any kind of
useful frequency range if at all.

Some of us are getting old! I can still remember - when I was a
kid - back in the late 1950s early 1960s - not sure when - being told you could get a great picture
on the TV with an aerial shaped like a PLANT POT that could be stood on top of the TV.
(even with a plastic plant inside it!) We all now know that what was really needed was a decent
sized aerial on the roof (and preferably not in the loft - which can produce reflections!

Many people would like technology without wires in sealed boxes (like my wife, she will insist
on having the stuff in cabinets with doors on. This is better known as an cooking the technology
in an oven as it stops ventilation and creates a fire risks).

Many also want the smallest possible dish so the question is - "find an alternative solution to
getting more signal" BUT ... no matter how much people might want to .....
YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE LAWS OF PHYSICS! "Dish size is everything." It is a question that we hear
every day and sometimes customer think that if they ask the question in 4 or 5 different ways, they
will eventually hear a different answer.

To repeat - Dish size is everything! Dish size is everything!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Murtad(m): 1:23pm On Dec 02, 2017
pls i want to buy an ACTV decorder but first want to know maybe it support pvu house

pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2017
Ismy5000:

We are still waiting for TSTV
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 1:28pm On Dec 02, 2017
4llerbuntu:
3W is almost 180degrees opposite the position where 28°E, 36°E is .

I know because I had to move my dish to track it.

So i have my doubt about this talk of combining 3w with other SATs facing E.

It is impossible on a dish of 1m and less. Smaller dishes can have multiple LNbs to receive satellite on same hemisphere. Eg on the east, multiple Lnbs, but same dish can't receive satellites on the west at the same time
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by rapthugx(m): 2:01pm On Dec 02, 2017
Dam5reey:
Hello house, I got this today

I'm very new, I have a simple question to ask,

How does this device detects signal when tracking a dish?

Does it beep based on the satellite transponder inputs in the decoder or it beeps for random signals?

Cos I understand, there are several satellites as close as 1 degrees from each,

Example if I want to track 42° E will it beep when I position the dish to 55° E?
How does it work, I mean do you need to put on d tv to use this or it works without electricity?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 2:05pm On Dec 02, 2017
Pls house who can change qsat11 if to qsat 26 ic?...pls help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Blakangel(m): 2:14pm On Dec 02, 2017
Hello All,
After going through the thread, I feel like a creche where all y'all PhD.

oya, you people should advise me.

I just bought an LG in-built satellite TV.

Do I need to buy a dish?
I saw options of tuning the satellite setting and I saw some satellite stuffs like Austra 2b and the rest.

So now, please guide me on what to do like am your kindergarten student grin grin grin. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by harizonal123(m): 4:01pm On Dec 02, 2017
Dam5reey:
Hello house, I got this today

I'm very new, I have a simple question to ask,

How does this device detects signal when tracking a dish?

Does it beep based on the satellite transponder inputs in the decoder or it beeps for random signals?

Cos I understand, there are several satellites as close as 1 degrees from each,

Example if I want to track 42° E will it beep when I position the dish to 55° E?

I'm about to buy exactly same thing today. Hope it is user's friendly?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ismy5000: 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2017
lincolnola:

@ Ismy5000
I thought a guy said in this forum that he has tracked ABS3 West with 28e,16e etc
Check this attached pix

the above setup is mine . And 9e is the primary not 16e. And not all the tp that is green on abs 3w. Tstv tp is red while other tp on abs3 work very well. Though I use qsat. I still want to check it on my strong decoder but am not around for now. And here is replica of the setup
It contains 3w, 5e, 9e(primary) 16e and 28e

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by koxyz: 5:13pm On Dec 02, 2017
Ismy5000:

the above setup is mine . And 9e is the primary not 16e. And not all the tp that is green on abs 3w. Tstv tp is red while other tp on abs3 work very well. Though I use qsat. I still want to check it on my strong decoder but am not around for now. And here is replica of the setup
It contains 3w, 5e, 9e(primary) 16e and 28e
3west with 9,5,16 and 28 east absolutely impossible or I don't know something
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 6:13pm On Dec 02, 2017
EHHHHH!!!!!!!
My 4930L decided to pack-off.
I took it to a dealer who told me I can't wake it up again, that the board don peme.
I decided to call Strong Tech Abuja and I was told no spare part for the series again.
Please help.I need a rugged receiver that will last and satisfy my FTA desires.
I am missing those birds now o.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by harizonal123(m): 7:54pm On Dec 02, 2017
harjirem:

Anytime u want to state u will set d meter to 5, den start adjusting d dish wen u get signal d finder sound will increase and d meters will from 5 upward.
That means someone could possibly hit any satellite around that direction you r tracking without immediately knowing if its the exact one u r tracking?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 8:16pm On Dec 02, 2017
Blakangel:
Hello All,
After going through the thread, I feel like a creche where all y'all PhD.

oya, you people should advise me.

I just bought an LG in-built satellite TV.

Do I need to buy a dish?
I saw options of tuning the satellite setting and I saw some satellite stuffs like Austra 2b and the rest.

So now, please guide me on what to do like am your kindergarten student grin grin grin. Thanks

You are welcome on board. At this stage it will be difficult for you to do the work yourself, so I advice you to buy one 90cm dish and one 60cm dish and contact a professional installer to do the installation for you. Ask the installer to use the 90cm for Eutelsat 7A @ 7°W (MBC) then the 60cm dish Eutelsat 16A @16°E (TVC) and Astra 2f @28.2 °E (Joy TV). Ask him for other items that is needed for the installation.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nikuchi: 8:41pm On Dec 02, 2017
IT4ALL:
Pls house who can change qsat11 if to qsat 26 ic?...pls help
Where is your location?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1661) (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.