Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5446829 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hisoccer(m): 1:07am On Jul 16, 2012
Jackobite: @ hisoccer,happy wkend hope those people contact you?i have another client for you outside town
@ jackobite of cus dey did n every tin went well as dey did xpected from me and dey hav u to say thanks to for reaching me to be of help to them...... U can reach me on phone if dre b anytin to talk abt u're very much welcum.... Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IRAPADA(m): 2:44am On Jul 16, 2012
jayboskie7: Sir
any installer from akure should his number here for a job.

TY
call me on 08060764846 i stay in oke ijebu area of akure
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 8:00am On Jul 16, 2012
Ilish, well done. Now if only that dish can be motorised it can do wonders. A basic design of a mount is here: http://www.satsig.net/pol_ex1.htm

You only need to modify the design to make it strong enough to carry the weight, such as using gate hinges instead of the clips shown in the piture, and you are done.This is what I plan to do with mine when I get it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 8:40am On Jul 16, 2012
@ i hacked goodmorning the msg is focus on c-band sorry for the error.thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 9:22am On Jul 16, 2012
My people, does anyone know which satellite is positioned just exactly like my TV (68.5degree east|) but this very one is in the west. I have seen it almost everywhere in Abuja here, but I don't know the sat.

Remain blessed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:52am On Jul 16, 2012
Drop me yout e.mail
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:01am On Jul 16, 2012
petfun4u: My people, does anyone know which satellite is positioned just exactly like my TV (68.5degree east|) but this very one is in the west. I have seen it almost everywhere in Abuja here, but I don't know the sat.

Remain blessed.
check lyngsat ...it seems like telstar 11N_37.6 West....(www.lyngsat.com/Telstar-11N.html)_sub-sahara africa ku beam. grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 10:34am On Jul 16, 2012
Bb and Ncc.........
A match so full of ............... ( fill in your own comment ).

I cant just stop laughing...

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 10:42am On Jul 16, 2012
All, check Multi TV for three additional channels using 12601v3095.

Remain blessed
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ray1251(m): 12:02pm On Jul 16, 2012
petfun4u: All, check Multi TV for three additional channels using 12601v3095.

Remain blessed
it like d days of multi tv are numbered,(free to air)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 1:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
Ray1251: it like d days of multi tv are numbered,(free to air)

How, Explain.

Remain blessed
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ray1251(m): 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2012
[quote author=petfun4u]

How, Explain.

Remain blessed[/quote
the way they have been adding channels,and the fact dat they sell their decorder with smart card
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 4:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
[quote author=Ray1251][/quote]
Wait till you hear it from the horse's mouth.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2012
@Ilish,
Congrats for a successful installation. Like Lunsat advised, you won't get the full benefits of the 1.8m dish
unless you motorize it.

All the same I think you've achieved a feat.

Cheers!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 8:13pm On Jul 16, 2012
Talking about the numbered days of mulyi tv, I concur 100 percent. But, e b like say the guys dey suffer from indecision. Dem dey still decide to make up dia mind weda or not to go pay tv. They know what will happen eventually if they thread that path. Let them take another look around at those who tried and where it has led them. There is just one GIANT who's sucked up every other avenue for any pay tv bouquet that can ply the sub saharan market and that is BB. In Cameroon, Canal+ per se doesn't exist. They've sold up to Cameroonian reps running the show and cable operators are not making things easy for them either. The one small luck they have is that they are carrying french programmes in their packages else, they'd have gone under due to the super tricks of dstv. So, I know that the time will come when Myultitv will start asking for monthly bills since they decided to remove that aspect from their promo advert. We dey wait!!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sensicut(m): 7:36am On Jul 17, 2012
lovala: Talking about the numbered days of mulyi tv, I concur 100 percent. But, e b like say the guys dey suffer from indecision. Dem dey still decide to make up dia mind weda or not to go pay tv. They know what will happen eventually if they thread that path. Let them take another look around at those who tried and where it has led them. There is just one GIANT who's sucked up every other avenue for any pay tv bouquet that can ply the sub saharan market and that is BB. In Cameroon, Canal+ per se doesn't exist. They've sold up to Cameroonian reps running the show and cable operators are not making things easy for them either. The one small luck they have is that they are carrying french programmes in their packages else, they'd have gone under due to the super tricks of dstv. So, I know that the time will come when Myultitv will start asking for monthly bills since they decided to remove that aspect from their promo advert. We dey wait!!
time will tell
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 7:55am On Jul 17, 2012
verwegsateliet:
thx
what i wanted to know to be precise is how long does it normally take to arive at is staitonary orbit.
"There is no precise time"..it only depends on how long the satellite owners wants to move the launched sat around in-orbit for testing..some satellite like eutelsat7 westA @7west took less than 14days to arrive at 7west..but it seems like ses-5 will take longer than 3weeks to arrive at 5east..cos it is now at 129.55east....still moving!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 9:10am On Jul 17, 2012
George_D: @Ilish,
Congrats for a successful installation. Like Lunsat advised, you won't get the full benefits of the 1.8m dish
unless you motorize it.

All the same I think you've achieved a feat.

Cheers!

Thank you bro.I have come to discover that we can find old Vsat dishes from the AUCTIONEERS.I got this one from an Auctioneer by the advise of my elder bro...LUNSAT who saw it earlier on.I am going to hunt and hunt and hunt and hunt....hunt more fringe birds.Next on the lineup will be Yahsat 1R at 52.E, then Telstar 12 at 15.W and Badr 4,5,6 at 28.E
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 11:35am On Jul 17, 2012
Ilish:

Thank you bro.I have come to discover that we can find old Vsat dishes from the AUCTIONEERS.I got this one from an Auctioneer by the advise of my elder bro...LUNSAT who saw it earlier on.I am going to hunt and hunt and hunt and hunt....hunt more fringe birds.Next on the lineup will be Yahsat 1R at 52.E, then Telstar 12 at 15.W and Badr 4,5,6 at 28.E

God am so envious ....lol
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 4:13pm On Jul 17, 2012
freshp:

God am so envious ....lol

HAHAHAHAHAHA....come and get it bro.You are highly welcome my man
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 8:05pm On Jul 17, 2012
pictures coming soon
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 9:48pm On Jul 17, 2012
obnelly: Riveting in progress even after lunch we had a little rest inside the dish and test the focal point with a can of coca cola.whao! can you see the convergence rays inside the can.we should be done before this week runs out.God's willing.

I envy u my brother. thumbs up. i have the feeling u are there. congratulations in advance.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 9:55am On Jul 18, 2012
@ all, anybody aware of ad sport @ 26 degree east ku? Sud pls explain, cuz it seem they showed pr6cin matches , tanxs
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 2:48pm On Jul 18, 2012
obnelly: Riveting in progress even after lunch we had a little rest inside the dish and test the focal point with a can of coca cola.whao! can you see the convergence rays inside the can.we should be done before this week runs out.God's willing.

OBNELly,You are an inspiration my bro....keep the fire burning of FTA
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 3:55pm On Jul 18, 2012
keep it up bro, i wish to be like u!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 7:30pm On Jul 18, 2012
i learnt there's been some addition to the channels on multitv. I can't get this.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by verwegsateliet(m): 10:21pm On Jul 18, 2012
odilibe: "There is no precise time"..it only depends on how long the satellite owners wants to move the launched sat around in-orbit for testing..some satellite like eutelsat7 westA @7west took less than 14days to arrive at 7west..but it seems like ses-5 will take longer than 3weeks to arrive at 5east..cos it is now at 129.55east....still moving!!!
thx for answering thois.
can u answer this or any anyone.

The lynsat have footprint and dish size ,satbeams have exectrea,which site it the most precise on estimated dish sizes and also do they work on a dish mesh size for cband what is standard as some mesh dishes have 3.5m+- mesh and some 2.5mm whas wondering if they say for example 2.3m will be needed for x sattelite an d 1.8 for y will improving the mesh size make a huge difference on footprint size with the lowest noise figure lnb.
for exmple i know the bigger the better but lets say i have a 3m dish and 15k lnb will i get some signal with an eirp thats needed 30 or up that need an bigger dish also reducing the orignal size at least by half the mesh size.
Iwould appreciate if everyone can join in as on what is the eirp based as different dishes for c band have differnet sizes what would be the standard mesh size for this footprints and increasing this i know would make a huge difference for ku band if it is halfed but what is a 10% increase or so plus an very low noise 15k lnb on a 3m dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 10:30pm On Jul 18, 2012
Illish williams85 and Iron2011 thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by verwegsateliet(m): 10:45pm On Jul 18, 2012
nice job which tickness is the plate is it galvanazed?
do u paln to post a complete write up on it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2012
@ALL,
WE ALL KNOW MULTITV HAS NEVER BEEN FREE!
AND THEY WILL DEFINATELY SCRAMBLE THEIR CHANNELS BEFORE THIS YEAR ENDS. BUT WHAT I FEEL IS THAT THEY WILL SCRAMBLE THE CHANNELS IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE (AM IN LUV WITH BOMA YE) SHOW.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 19, 2012
pofolo: Bb and Ncc.........
A match so full of ............... ( fill in your own comment ).

I cant just stop laughing...
laughoo if you are fit. A scenario where preachers dont do what they preach. No pros.
@Obnelly I have on word to explain your determination. Well done.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 19, 2012
Sophieamore1: @ALL,
WE ALL KNOW MULTITV HAS NEVER BEEN FREE!
AND THEY WILL DEFINATELY SCRAMBLE THEIR CHANNELS BEFORE THIS YEAR ENDS. BUT WHAT I FEEL IS THAT THEY WILL SCRAMBLE THE CHANNELS IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE (AM IN LUV WITH BOMA YE) SHOW.
http://www.rdi-board.com/archive/index.php/t-36090-p-30.html
hope they do not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.