Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5446686 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2012
@ ikiriye the lnb i will check our sat market in ibadan for it on monday,pls among ur sat mentions which one airs lbc europe i.e lebanese channel and freq/sr.thanks in anticipation
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olu12345: 3:23pm On Aug 04, 2012
rastarman: only supersport HD 4 showing others are not showing
whc decoder r u usin,pls!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 8:09pm On Aug 04, 2012
@ Jackobite
You will have lbc on badr with high signal strength.I deleted those Arab channels check Lyngsat or tracksat guide you.cheers.as regards the lnb if you see it which I doubt please let me know for it has a red cap for water proof f-connector area and white body.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by rastarman(m): 9:41pm On Aug 04, 2012
Olu12345:
whc decoder r u usin,pls!

am using strong 4930HD

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IRAPADA(m): 8:45pm On Aug 05, 2012
hw reliable is liberty star decoder,and which network work with it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by verwegsateliet(m): 9:22am On Aug 06, 2012
what happend to oblne
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2012
@JACOBITE,
ECHOSAT IS FILLED UP EVERYWHERE HERE IN WARRI.
BUT I STILL PREFER FUJI, ITS WHAT I USE.
I THINK THE FORUM LOOKS MUCH BETTER NOW WITHOUT OBNELLY'S PICTURES.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 8:33pm On Aug 06, 2012
@ sophieamore1
Did u say ecosat 0.1db not echosat digital.plz snap the lnb and post it so I can confirm it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 8:55am On Aug 07, 2012
@IKIRIYE,
www.echosatdigital.com/dbpics/product/image/3_8%20output%20lnb.jpg
ACTUALLY I MEANT ECHOSAT 0.1DB, BUT I THINK THEY ARE GENERALLY KNOWN AS ECHOSAT DIGITAL SINCE THAT IS THE NAME OF THE COMPANY THAT PRODUCES IT, I POSTED A LINK TO THE PICTURE TO KNOW IF THAT IS THE ONE YOU WERE TALKING OF, BUT YOU KNOW THERE ARE DIFFERENT TYPES.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2012
Sophieamore1: @IKIRIYE,
www.echosatdigital.com/dbpics/product/image/3_8%20output%20lnb.jpg
ACTUALLY I MEANT ECHOSAT 0.1DB, BUT I THINK THEY ARE GENERALLY KNOWN AS ECHOSAT DIGITAL SINCE THAT IS THE NAME OF THE COMPANY THAT PRODUCES IT, I POSTED A LINK TO THE PICTURE TO KNOW IF THAT IS THE ONE YOU WERE TALKING OF, BUT YOU KNOW THERE ARE DIFFERENT TYPES.

Hi sophie
Yes that's the lnb but the one on that pic is 0.2 instead of 0.1.
Plz update me of the price in warri for quad.cheers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2012
@Ikiriye,
Sometimes, these decibel ratings are just stamps pasted on the LNB.

For example that is why you see a 0.3db premium LNB of a particular brand performing better
than a supposed 0.1db LNB from a fake brand.

That said I think the real proof of an LNB's performance is in the field after they're installed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2012
George_D: @Ikiriye,

For example that is why you see a 0.3db premium LNB of a particular brand performing better

That said I think the real proof on an LNB's performance is in the field sfter they're installed.
you have a point......You can never trust u.a.e lnbs ...all exported With wrong specifications !!! grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zoboizee: 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2012
@ikiriye, pls do you receive astra 1@19.2e apart from nile,badr,hotbird & co, on your motorized pan dish and do you have more than one lnb on it because i noted someone uploaded a motorized big dish wit abt 4 or more lnb wit great result.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by edey2real: 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2012
IRAPADA: hw reliable is liberty star decoder,and which network work with it
Not sure of d reliability but it uses all networks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 2:53am On Aug 08, 2012
zobo-i-zee:
@ikiriye, pls do you receive astra 1@19.2e apart from nile,badr,hotbird & co, on your motorized pan dish and do you have more than one lnb on it because i noted someone uploaded a motorized big dish wit abt 4 or more lnb wit great result.

@ zobo-zee
Yes I do but just 3 tps only but not entirely steady for 24 hours
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 2:57am On Aug 08, 2012
George_D: @Ikiriye,

That said I think the real proof of an LNB's performance is in the field after they're installed.

@George d and odilibe
I quite agree with you guys.plz George kindly confirm if that echosat is in warri
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 6:27am On Aug 08, 2012
For those on w3a(mbc ) u can hit green for
Astra4a cos their tp has been upgraded.. Use this 12015V29950 and 12053v29950
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zoboizee: 7:45am On Aug 08, 2012
yeah! Astra 5. If ur w3a is v, use h polarity to hit green.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 12:43pm On Aug 08, 2012
Ikiriye:

@George d and odilibe
I quite agree with you guys.plz George kindly confirm if that echosat is in warri

@Ikiriye,
I can't say for sure but will ask my satellite equipment customer.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Hopelect(m): 2:13pm On Aug 08, 2012
Hello all,i nid an urgent help 4rm u all,i ws able 2 nail all d sat on east bt non sat on west is nt cumin up nd am wit 2.4m dish pan includin nss7 sat
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2012
@All, I came across an advert of a new KU LNBF called DMS Avenger PLL321-S2 that is claimed to do wonders on FTA fridge reception here: http://store.fridgefta.info/?page_id=1490

The technical explanation of why it is supposedly better is here: http://store.fridgefta.info/?p=1558

Is this all just marketing hype, or is it what we have been waiting for? Any one got a clue on this?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Farwee(m): 5:57am On Aug 09, 2012
Onome25 pls show face where u dey possibly drop ur mail. 10Q
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 7:55am On Aug 09, 2012
@those recieing astra 5 via w3a
I input the tp provided all i got is red. I blind scanned and only got 11048 h 4.799 in green but without channels. My lnb ix @ 7 o'clock ad i use a fuji hd 2 way lnb on a 90 cm hitting just 53% on mbc. Any clue?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 8:37am On Aug 09, 2012
@lunsat
How can one get this lnb for a test, who knows, it may work wonders
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 11:07am On Aug 09, 2012
@ All, ITV Nigeria is now on full time operation on Intelsat Newdawn at 33 degress east with 11014 H 30000 as its transponder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by BUGS12: 12:44pm On Aug 09, 2012
av been off for some tyme, hous d house cos i just want to remind the house that my website is still d best satellite site in africa and d name of my website is in ma signature enjoy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Stevolat: 12:59pm On Aug 09, 2012
BUGS12: av been off for some tyme, hous d house cos i just want to remind the house that my website is still d best satellite site in africa and d name of my website is in ma signature enjoy
put d name here 4 al 2 c
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Graham4luv(m): 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2012
williams85: For those on w3a(mbc ) u can hit green for
Astra4a cos their tp has been upgraded.. Use this 12015V29950 and 12053v29950
@williams pls am nt geting green on does tps, my w3a signal am using h and tried d astra4a not popin up. Pls help me
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 10:38pm On Aug 09, 2012
D.lee:
@ All, ITV Nigeria is now on full time operation on Intelsat Newdawn at 33 degress east with 11014 H 30000 as its transponder.

at dstv point pls where do i place additional lnb to get this bird, thanks in anticipation
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 10:51pm On Aug 09, 2012
Track astra wit the tp first.. And see if u can hit green
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 5:41pm On Aug 10, 2012
THIS THREAD IS DEAD....Just after OBNELLY was unjustifiably attacked, the thread is damn DEAD.....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 6:06pm On Aug 10, 2012
Lunsat: @All, I came across an advert of a new KU LNBF called DMS Avenger PLL321-S2 that is claimed to do wonders on FTA fridge reception here: http://store.fridgefta.info/?page_id=1490

The technical explanation of why it is supposedly better is here: http://store.fridgefta.info/?p=1558

Is this all just marketing hype, or is it what we have been waiting for? Any one got a clue on this?

@Lunsat,
I think you just stumbled on a major game changer as far as FTA is concerned!
Reading all through that link just made me drool!
If the reports (and testimonials) on that page is anything to go by then I think we should all be
preparing to place our orders for that magic PLL KU LNB!

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)