Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2039) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5439105 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2036) (2037) (2038) (2039) (2040) (2041) (2042) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TOWNJUJU: 1:24pm On May 17, 2020
Well done guys for holding this space.
It's been a while.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 1:35pm On May 17, 2020
TOWNJUJU:
Well done guys for holding this space.
It's been a while.
TOWNJUJU shocked shocked shocked
One of the names that rocked the thread in those days! Where have you been hiding?
You're welcome back to the house.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 6:37pm On May 17, 2020
Hello guys. I saw the on https://www.lyngsat.com/Intelsat-33e.html . Since Televista is no more working on Nigcomsat position I want to use this frequency on Intelsat33e. Has anyone tried it and is it actually working? I also want to add my Multi-TV position on the same disc with it.

Thanks for your quick response.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oshomo12(m): 6:54pm On May 17, 2020
Hello house, I want to know if it's my tracking that is not strong enough or it's general. Most stations on nigcomsat (especially those with mbc freqs) skip/dont show during this period(cloud cover or if there is any sign that it want to rain).
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Penuelseun(m): 7:14pm On May 17, 2020
adubam:
Hello guys. I saw the on https://www.lyngsat.com/Intelsat-33e.html . Since Televista is no more working on Nigcomsat position I want to use this frequency on Intelsat33e. Has anyone tried it and is it actually working? I also want to add my Multi-TV position on the same disc with it.

It is working, just that you need at least a 3m dish with cband lnb

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 7:32pm On May 17, 2020
Penuelseun:
It is working, just that you need at least a 3m dish with cband lnb

Ha. So no where one can watch Free Televista on KU BAND? Thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 7:34pm On May 17, 2020
Oshomo12:
Hello house, I want to know if it's my tracking that is not strong enough or it's general. Most stations on nigcomsat (especially those with mbc freqs) skip/dont show during this period(cloud cover or if there is any sign that it want to rain).

The MBC on Nigcomsat are working well. Its only Televista, TVC and other stations on the same frequency that are off.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 8:31pm On May 17, 2020
Oshomo12:

It seems those channels on TP 12518H - 29500 (Our tv, Trybe, wazobia, etc. are now moved to 60.0e intelsat 33e or something. I don't think that's ku band.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 9:20pm On May 17, 2020
Hello gurus,

It's like TSTV is on ABS 3A @ 3°W....can someone with this setup plz comfirm
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oshomo12(m): 9:38pm On May 17, 2020
adubam:

The MBC on Nigcomsat are working well. Its only Televista, TVC and other stations on the same frequency that are off.

Thank you, I will readjust my settings/position. I only have problem with MBC once we start to enter raining season or when I notice dark cloud cover!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oshomo12(m): 9:41pm On May 17, 2020
olushaggy:

It seems those channels on TP 12518H - 29500 (Our tv, Trybe, wazobia, etc. are now moved to 60.0e intelsat 33e or something. I don't think that's ku band.

That's not a KU band
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by yeman1(m): 10:29pm On May 17, 2020
graphicicon:
i use kpt 968G satfinder, whenever I get 55% on my satfinder it will be 70% on 4922A, on new world to I got 65% on my meter which will be 80% on decoder, any time am tracking once I get 55% upward I will be sure the signal is good, and using the lnbf for sport 24, ARQ media before and it is working perfectly, what I notice is that most of the TPs on vertical is having issue, while the one on H is perfect.

Pls can freesat finder can be used for cctv tester?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by yeman1(m): 10:39pm On May 17, 2020
abohwun:
That of CCTV camera has dual usage(cctv camera and satellite installations) while freesat is for satellite installations only.

Pls what types of Sat finder is the best for cctv and Sat installation ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by yeman1(m): 11:03pm On May 17, 2020
[quote author=umbo post=87673179]

learn to be polite in in request [/quit]
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by yeman1(m): 11:12pm On May 17, 2020
davodyguy:

Check AliExpress.
Download the app on your phone now and search Sat finder

https://m.nl.aliexpress.com/wholesale/Original+sat+finder.html?channel=direct&keywords=Original+sat+finder

Can someone order something from aliexpress now ? Can they ship it cos convid I think.?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 11:25pm On May 17, 2020
Oshomo12:

That's not a KU band

Okay.
Does that mean one can track with small dish like 60, 80, 90, or 1m?
Kindly render support cos my GM is already threatening me to go and pay for DSTV subscriptions.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 11:30pm On May 17, 2020
yeman1:

Pls what types of Sat finder is the best for cctv and Sat installation ?

Get this type,
It's between 20 & 22k from Alaba International.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by yeman1(m): 11:37pm On May 17, 2020
olushaggy:

Get this type,
It's between 20 & 22k from Alaba International.

Thank u. Can it hand h265 video complainant ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 11:51pm On May 17, 2020
yeman1:

Thank u. Can it hand h265 video complainant ?

It will, you can Google its features..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by yeman1(m): 12:18am On May 18, 2020
olushaggy:

It will, you can Google its features..

Ok, thanks so much
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 1kinggy(m): 11:06am On May 18, 2020
Nafizzey:
the decoder is good, i got it brand new recent, i learnt it even supoorts autoroll and powervu, biss keys though i have not tried those features out yet, am enjoying it

I've had mine for over 1year but never checked autoroll and powervu.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Predator188: 12:24pm On May 18, 2020
lincolnola:
Hello gurus,

Is (digiafrik)running , mtv base ,TV news silverbird , ESPN ,movie action and some with bad picture quality or audio, temporary fta for now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by realpoacher(m): 5:35pm On May 18, 2020
heartlove:
My trybe, televista ,Tvc, wazobia,are not working
Anyone experiencing it also pls on Nigcomsat

quote author=Ojochogwusunny post=89508907] yes you can,attach it on your dish arm,below your primary, at your right hand side while you are facing the dish good luck!!!!

Honestly its the same here. Not showing...

Could it be they have moved to another sat?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 12:45am On May 19, 2020
adubam:

Strong finish work on that Decoder. Solid and rugged.
That receiver is good as nothing at this era
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by warboy3: 8:13am On May 19, 2020
Oshomo12:
...Well it is normal, most cases if,it want to rain though, depending on how cloudy it was it skips/breaking OR check ur lnb to see if, it getting weak ok.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by warboy3: 8:16am On May 19, 2020
olushaggy:

..Bro those channels have had been there for years.cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by warboy3: 8:21am On May 19, 2020
lincolnola:
Hello gurus,

...No longer there but,some channels like mbc.I think others are cracking.cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by heartlove(m): 9:16am On May 19, 2020
They have moved to another sat for now. Pls

realpoacher:

Honestly its the same here. Not showing...

Could it be they have moved to another sat?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by martinogeenz: 10:11am On May 19, 2020
adubam:

Thats looks like ku
It doesn't have the h or v stuff
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Abm2010: 12:56pm On May 19, 2020
a
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Abm2010: 1:04pm On May 19, 2020
what can I do when my DStv decoder show me no signal but when I used thesame cable signal to test another DStv decoder it is workwhat can I do when my DStv decoder show me no signal but when I used thesame cable signal to test another DStv decoder it is working fine and even use strong decoder to scan it is able to scan all DStv channel.
what I have is E48
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 1:53pm On May 19, 2020
Dlee1:

That receiver is good as nothing at this era

According to you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2036) (2037) (2038) (2039) (2040) (2041) (2042) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.