Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5432958 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2108) (2109) (2110) (2111) (2112) (2113) (2114) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 7:44pm On Sep 22, 2020
waleayeni1:
Good evening. I have tried to nail astra satellite at 28.2 e and Badr 5 at 26e but all of my efforts did not yield anything even with a satfinder. I was able to get eutelsat 36e quite easily. Please What am I missing? I am using a 90cm dish. Please help.

As for 28.2, I believe What you're missing is patience and steady hands. But as for 26e the mbc frequency has a very low signal strength based on location.

Also the line of sight can still play a tricky role in making something that simple like 28.2 degree be that difficult. Eg > mounting location and dish hanger alignment. You can also try turning your lnb from 3.0 clock to 4.0 clock or from 4.0clock to 3.0clock. Little things like this sometimes goes a long way to give you that edge towards achieving your tracking goals.

Less I forget I came to notice a long time ago that editing your frequency can sometimes do the magic especially if you are tracking with an old lnb.

For example let's say your tracking frequency is 12522 V 30000 and you change it or edit it to 12527 V 30000 on your tracker. Magically it pops up. Imagine that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by waleayeni1: 8:00pm On Sep 22, 2020
Digitman:

As for 28.2, I believe What you're missing is patience and steady hands. But as for 26e the mbc frequency has a very low signal strength based on location.

Also the line of sight can still play a tricky role in making something that simple like 28.2 degree be that difficult. Eg > mounting location and dish hanger alignment. You can also try turning your lnb from 3.0 clock to 4.0 clock or from 4.0clock to 3.0clock. Little things like this sometimes goes a long way to give you that edge towards achieving your tracking goals.

Less I forget I came to notice a long time ago that editing your frequency can sometimes do the magic especially if you are tracking with an old lnb.

For example let's say your tracking frequency is 12522 V 30000 and you change it or edit it to 12527 V 30000 on your tracker. Magically it pops up. Imagine that.
Thanks for your response. Please help me further. I live around obanikoro in Lagos. Using eutelsat 36e as reference, should I move the dish rightwards or left. The elevation too. How should I adjust it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 8:04pm On Sep 22, 2020
Spy360:
Has anyone tried Irib again with 1.8m?
Even it is invincible on 5m dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 8:04pm On Sep 22, 2020
Spy360:
Even it is invincible on 5m dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 8:05pm On Sep 22, 2020
Spy360:
Even,it is invincible on 5m dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 9:06pm On Sep 22, 2020
waleayeni1:

Thanks for your response. Please help me further. I live around obanikoro in Lagos. Using eutelsat 36e as reference, should I move the dish rightwards or left. The elevation too. How should I adjust it?

Standing behind your dish.. Just a few inches upward to your right-hand side
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by waleayeni1: 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2020
Digitman:

Standing behind your dish.. Just a few inches upward to your right-hand side
Thanks boss. I will try it out on Saturday
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 11:07pm On Sep 22, 2020
waleayeni1:

Thanks boss. I will try it out on Saturday

It's very easy once you track with patience and make sure that everything is in place. Good luck.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bakbayus: 1:57am On Sep 23, 2020
Good morning guys. I want to ask if anyone has tracked the new tstv frequency and how did they go about it? What tp was used for quicker finding?
Also, if anyone has 3w or 10e to to please bail me out
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mourino: 6:27am On Sep 23, 2020
emmaniche:

1m
Good morning Emmaniche and other gurus in the house. I have a 1.8m dish. Please, what Satellites can I track to enjoy some football/sports actions. Thnx. I reside in Makurdi, Benue State
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Harus(m): 8:35am On Sep 23, 2020
Increased cost of DSTV subscription has made me opt for free to air satellite.

Please house, for a family that has fans of football, news, action movies and telenovela, what type of decoder/satellite installation would guarantee satisfaction?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 8:53am On Sep 23, 2020
Harus:

Please house, for a family that has fans of football, news, action movies and telenovela, what type of decoder/satellite installation would guarantee satisfaction?

buy authorize mytv decoder and track 16'east and 28'east together with mytv channels.But mind you,don't compare it with dstv.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 9:35am On Sep 23, 2020
bakbayus:
Good morning guys. I want to ask if anyone has tracked the new tstv frequency and how did they go about it? What tp was used for quicker finding?
Also, if anyone has 3w or 10e to to please bail me out

For the fact that they are currently under test transmission, you will notice channel shuffling. But it looks promising. Mind you, I notice that they are gradually going the multi-stream path. So you're likely to not get all their channels if you are not using a multi- stream decoder.

As regards to 3w, nothing enticing to write about. For 10e, don't really have any dish pointing at that direction . So I guess it's up to someone else to update you with that information.

You can use this frequency to track then blind scan 11050 H 30000

But below are their dedicated frequency

10970 H 30000

11130 H 30000
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 9:59am On Sep 23, 2020
Harus:

To add to Eerekake advice.. Don't forget to add Nigcomsat @42.5e, for mbc movies. Then you can make a comparison between Mytv official decoder and ourtv decoder to see which gives you that true taste of premium free to Air. Goodluck
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by shayubobo: 10:03am On Sep 23, 2020
waleayeni1:
Good evening. I have tried to nail astra satellite at 28.2 e and Badr 5 at 26e but all of my efforts did not yield anything even with a satfinder. I was able to get eutelsat 36e quite easily. Please What am I missing? I am using a 90cm dish. Please help.
What type of satfinder are you using?

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by emmaniche: 10:09am On Sep 23, 2020
Harus:

u can look at MYTV for naija contents and yayi for the football guys.
Nigcomsat, 7e5e, 28e, 52e to buttress ur fta enjoyment.

Hit us up on 08165471453
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Willokafor(m): 10:12am On Sep 23, 2020
Can strong 4955b receiver be paired with mytv smart card.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SlyCharlie(m): 10:27am On Sep 23, 2020
Digitman:
Below are its specifications
H.265 doesn't necessarily mean multistream capable. Whereas a H.264 decoder may be multistream capable, a H.265 may not.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by emmaniche: 10:38am On Sep 23, 2020
Mourino:

Good morning Emmaniche and other gurus in the house. I have a 1.8m dish. Please, what Satellites can I track to enjoy some football/sports actions. Thnx. I reside in Makurdi, Benue State
If u have an offset 1.8m, u are good to go on AFN and might be lucky to get cosmote sports @9e.
if ur 1.8m is PF, u might just use it for normal fta and track 45e yayi.

NB: 1.8m has high gain and nearly compared to 2.4 PFD.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 10:58am On Sep 23, 2020
SlyCharlie:

H.265 doesn't necessarily mean multistream capable.
Whereas a H.264 decoder may be multistream capable, a H.265 may not.

Funny enough the decoder Should've been multistream enabled if only there was a patch on the internet for such decoders.

But then, life is a matter of choices and opportunities. So make we leave the matter like that.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by baggiosne: 11:10am On Sep 23, 2020
emmaniche:

u can look at MYTV for naija contents and yayi for the football guys.
Nigcomsat, 7e5e, 28e, 52e to buttress ur fta enjoyment.

Hit us up on 08165471453
is their any channel whatsoever that offer indigenous Film on 5e,cos I saw One at a betting house named Tara HD, wanna embarks on the hunt but verification really matter to avoid futile exercise
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by baggiosne: 11:11am On Sep 23, 2020
emmaniche:

If u have an offset 1.8m, u are good to go on AFN and might be lucky to get cosmote sports @9e.

does yayi free as at now?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayo1984: 11:31am On Sep 23, 2020
baggiosne:
is their any channel whatsoever that offer indigenous Film on 5e,cos I saw One at a betting house named Tara HD, wanna embarks on the hunt but verification really matter to avoid futile exercise

Tara HD is on abs 3 west not 5e
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mourino: 11:42am On Sep 23, 2020
emmaniche:

Thnx my Oga
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mourino: 11:48am On Sep 23, 2020
emmaniche:

I'm sorry to bother you. But please, is it possible to convert my 1.8m prime focus dish to Offset? Thnx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by baggiosne: 1:26pm On Sep 23, 2020
ayo1984:

Tara HD is on abs 3 west not 5e
ohoho,thanks bro for the correction, pls can u share me the frequency n symbol rate,and hope is still on till now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SlyCharlie(m): 2:35pm On Sep 23, 2020
Digitman:

Funny enough the decoder multi - streams.

But then, life is a matter of choices and opportunities. So make we leave the matter like that.
You uploaded a picture and circled (H.265/HEVC) as meaning multistream, that isn't correct.
I was just pointing out that H.265 doesn't mean Multistream. A decoder can be H.264 and still multistream.
Strong 497s is H.265 but doesn't multistream without a software patch.

'H.265' is just a video compression standard, 'Multistream' on the other hand is a Signal Stream Transport standard.

Two totally different things.
It was simply education, not an argument though.
Peace

6 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayo1984: 2:57pm On Sep 23, 2020
baggiosne:
ohoho,thanks bro for the correction, pls can u share me the frequency n symbol rate,and hope is still on till now

10972 v 29999
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinolasegun21(m): 3:53pm On Sep 23, 2020
Where can watch carabo cup today on fta?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 6:24pm On Sep 23, 2020
Willokafor:
Can strong 4955b receiver be paired with mytv smart card.
No. undecided
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 7:35pm On Sep 23, 2020
SlyCharlie:

You uploaded a picture and circled (H.265/HEVC) as meaning multistream, that isn't correct.
I was just pointing out that H.265 doesn't mean Multistream. A decoder can be H.264 and still multistream.
Strong 497s is H.265 but doesn't multistream without a software patch.

'H.265' is just a video compression standard, 'Multistream' on the other hand is a Signal Stream Transport standard.

Two totally different things.
It was simply education, not an argument though.
Peace

You are educated.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bakbayus: 8:46pm On Sep 23, 2020
Digitman:

For the fact that they are currently under test transmission, you will notice channel shuffling. But it looks promising. Mind you, I notice that they are gradually going the multi-stream path. So you're likely to not get all their channels if you are not using a multi- stream decoder.

As regards to 3w, nothing enticing to write about. For 10e, don't really have any dish pointing at that direction . So I guess it's up to someone else to update you with that information.

You can use this frequency to track then blind scan 11050 H 30000

But below are their dedicated frequency

10970 H 30000

11130 H 30000
Thanks boss, I used the frequency but couldn't hit green on my freesat satellite finder. I will try again tomorrow

(1) (2) (3) ... (2108) (2109) (2110) (2111) (2112) (2113) (2114) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.