Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5430276 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2136) (2137) (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sofiscatedmoron: 11:49pm On Oct 22, 2020
Digitman:
When everything else fails (fta stations) ... You can still stream it on your phone, laptop or TV, using the Dstv now app. The data consumption should really be nothing for sports fan like you. Just saying. After all my wife dey use am watch common zeeworld when signal goes off because of rain.. Lol.
The app is not free na, i think it links to a paid dstv card
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by willian10: 12:08am On Oct 23, 2020
omaolowo:
Has anyone noticed this Update on 51.5° E Satellite?

Freeview is On Air Again. Hurray!!

1. SBN Global
2. National Geographic
3. Nat Geo Wild HD
4. Fox Movies
5. Arise News
6 JW Broadcasting
7. iFilm
8. RTM
9. EuroNews
Two Arabic speaking sports channels

These Above 11 Channels have Started transmission as Free To Air

Belintersat 51.5°East
Frequency :11130
Simbol Rate :30000
Polarity : V

I’m new here, how do I watch these channels pls
I have a Dstv and I’m kinda tired of most of their programmes
My LG smart TV supports Satellite
What else do I need?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Willokafor(m): 5:11am On Oct 23, 2020
Please my gurus in the house, i am usinh STR 497s how cAN I identify OR FIND
---chip ID
---STB CODE NUMBER
IN THE DECODER IT CONFUSING ME
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Penuelseun(m): 5:19am On Oct 23, 2020
willian10:

I’m new here, how do I watch these channels pls
I have a Dstv and I’m kinda tired of most of their programmes
My LG smart TV supports Satellite
What else do I need?
A satellite dish and an installer to put you through

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by willian10: 5:35am On Oct 23, 2020
Penuelseun:
A satellite dish and an installer to put you through
Okay thanks
I need a total different dish.... I can’t use the one I use for my Dstv ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Willokafor(m): 5:41am On Oct 23, 2020
How can i find strong 497s chip Id and it code number?
Its urgent pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 6:17am On Oct 23, 2020
Willokafor:
How can i find strong 497s chip Id and it code number?
Its urgent pls

smart card for activation.
To retrieve/extract your STB
ID using your REMOTE
Control:
Press Menu - ) Select
System - ) Select
Information - ) STB ID
0x832B.........will be
displayed
+ scroll-down to view 'code
number ' on the on-page
menu .
Serial number (SN) is on a
sticker under the decoder

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 6:22am On Oct 23, 2020
willian10:

Okay thanks

You can use any existing/available dish in the house. Dish is just dish.. Forget whatever name is stamped on it. That's just for proprietary purposes.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 6:32am On Oct 23, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:

The app is not free na, i think it links to a paid dstv card

Yes it is linked to a paid Dstv card. However, when you seat and calculate how many friends and family you have, that are die hard Dstv premium subscribers. Then you can easily find one who don't use such a feature and willing to give you access. That's the only price you have to pay. Which is in translation, free in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Penuelseun(m): 6:59am On Oct 23, 2020
willian10:

Okay thanks
You can use the one you use for dstv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nora2018(m): 7:18am On Oct 23, 2020
Please were do I get channels TV free to air on ku band
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 7:57am On Oct 23, 2020
nora2018:
Please were do I get channels TV free to air on ku band

Nowhere for now on ku band. Except you are using Ourtv decoder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nora2018(m): 7:58am On Oct 23, 2020
Digitman:

chai my boss I have one strong D'180 dish c band how to I hunt that channels tv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oronto: 8:09am On Oct 23, 2020
omaolowo:
Has anyone noticed this Update on 51.5° E Satellite?

Freeview is On Air Again. Hurray!!

1. SBN Global
2. National Geographic
3. Nat Geo Wild HD
4. Fox Movies
5. Arise News
6 JW Broadcasting
7. iFilm
8. RTM
9. EuroNews
Two Arabic speaking sports channels

These Above 11 Channels have Started transmission as Free To Air

Belintersat 51.5°East
Frequency :11130
Simbol Rate :30000
Polarity : V

I scanned this on my unique sat decoder , the stations came out but they were not showing. Signal strength at 92% while signal quality at 72%. What am I doing wrong or it's not just me ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nora2018(m): 8:17am On Oct 23, 2020
Oronto:
I scanned this on my unique sat decoder , the stations came out but they were not showing. Signal strength at 92% while signal quality at 72%. What am I doing wrong or it's not just me ?
maybe just maybe according to my boss digitman and other distinguished gurus in this platform your decoder is not H.265 complaint
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 8:20am On Oct 23, 2020
willian10:

Okay thanks

You can get another dish (60cm) and you it exclusively for the DSTV signal and then use your DSTV dish for a multi lnb setup
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:21am On Oct 23, 2020
Digitman:

Or mytv decoder
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Louislouis: 10:16am On Oct 23, 2020
hello gurus pls i need multiple lmb holder that can hold upto 4to5 lmbs in one dish am in badagry thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omaolowo(m): 12:14pm On Oct 23, 2020
Five LNBs

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by waleayeni1: 12:51pm On Oct 23, 2020
My tv's back light is busted. Please does anyone have any spare 40inches TV in good condition that he is not using? Please bless me with it.
A word of advise though, please minimise the brightness of your TV if you want it's life to be elongated. I'd painfully be looking from the sidelines now when better fta topics dey fly around.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tchijioke: 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2020
Warm greetings to you all, pls someone should help me confirm that 11095 H 30000 @ 51.5°e is still active... I tracked it with good quality but got non of the channels. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Willokafor(m): 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2020
Digitman:

smart card for activation.
To retrieve/extract your STB
ID using your REMOTE
Control:
Press Menu - ) Select
System - ) Select
Information - ) STB ID
0x832B.........will be
displayed
+ scroll-down to view 'code
number ' on the on-page
menu .
Serial number (SN) is on a
sticker under the decoder
thanks broh...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 6:16pm On Oct 23, 2020
tchijioke:
Warm greetings to you all, pls someone should help me confirm that 11095 H 30000 @ 51.5°e is still active... I tracked it with good quality but got non of the channels. Thanks

With LNB at 3.0 clock... The above frequency shows red. So I wonder how you could have gotten green/ signal with it. Or was your LNB turned to 6.0 clock?

Anyway those channels @ 51.5e are still very much active with this frequency 11090 V 30000. Hopefully I believe you must have resolved it by now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tchijioke: 6:48pm On Oct 23, 2020
LNB @ 6:0 clock
Digitman:

With LNB at 3.0 clock... The above frequency shows red. So I wonder how you could have gotten green/ signal with it. Or was your LNB turned to 6.0 clock?

Anyway those channels @ 51.5e are still very much active with this frequency 11090 V 30000. Hopefully I believe you must have resolved it by now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 7:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
nora2018:
chai my boss I have one strong D'180 dish c band how to I hunt that channels tv

I did not ignore your question. Rather I needed to be 100% sure that what you are looking for is active . Which requires practicality, rather than just what is on paper.

Well long story cut short. Turn your dish to ABS-3A @ 3° West

Track with these frequencies

4115 H 3333 ( without dielectric plate)
3882 H 1667 ( without dielectric plate)

LNB skew =5:30 o clock

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 7:48pm On Oct 23, 2020
tchijioke:
LNB @ 6:0 clock

Was there a particular reason for setting it at 6.0 clock?

However did mytv channels came out when you scanned your decoder?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nora2018(m): 10:41pm On Oct 23, 2020
Digitman:

I did not ignore your question. Rather I needed to be 100% sure that what you are looking for is active . Which requires practicality, rather than just what is on paper.

Well long story cut short. Turn your dish to ABS-3A @ 3° West

Track with these frequencies

4115 H 3333 ( without dielectric plate)
3882 H 1667 ( without dielectric plate)

LNB skew =5:30 o clock
thank u so much sir
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tchijioke: 8:49am On Oct 24, 2020
I wasn't able to track the signal @ 3:0 clock but easily gets it at 6.0 clock though with quality hovering around 50% plus max.
I decided to improve on the quality yesterday...it improved to 73% plus max but when I scanned the tp 11095 H 30000 the channels didn't pop up... I did a blind scan got Ghallywood and some other channels... But the channels I previously got on 11095 H 30000 didn't show up. Am still at a loss as to what could be the reason for my inability to track the tp 11090 V 30000 @ 3:0 clock.

However did mytv channels come out when you scanned your decoder?
No I didn't get mytv channels. Thanks

Digitman:

However did mytv channels came out when you scanned your decoder?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by realpoacher(m): 9:15am On Oct 24, 2020
I need to buy T8 ultra HD

Please can someone link me to a genuine seller
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bolyjay: 10:40am On Oct 24, 2020
Pls guys,how much is strong srt 497s now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 11:29am On Oct 24, 2020
Digitman:

I had a very hectic day yesterday, so the time to type long long sentences nor dey.

Anyway let's begin. Your first question explains you have four dishes connected to two diseqc switches and you want to connect both diseqc switch to one decoder? ( please correct if I am wrong)

If that be the case, it shows you already know how to connect a diseqc switch. So no need to go into that.

But where your number one question sounded out of place, is you have four dishes connected to two diseqc switch. Which brings the question.. Why would you even need two diseqc switch for four dishes? Because there is already a four slot for four dishes in one diseqc switch. I am still trying to wrap my head around that. The only time the need for an extra diseqc switch will arise is if you have more than four satellite position that you want to connect to your receiver.

Then you have two options... You either buy an 8way diseqc switch or you buy a diseqc 1.1 switch and connect two diseqc to it. ( To be continued)

The bolded simplified my question on this as this is exactly what I was praying to save the excess use of cable wires. Please, what's is 1.1 switch and how does it work, can be used for two separate disegc?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 12:59pm On Oct 24, 2020
tchijioke:
I wasn't able to track the signal @ 3:0 clock but easily gets it at 6.0 clock though with quality hovering around 50% plus max.
I decided to improve on the quality yesterday...it improved to 73% plus max but when I scanned the tp 11095 H 30000 the channels didn't pop up... I did a blind scan got Ghallywood and some other channels... But the channels I previously got on 11095 H 30000 didn't show up. Am still at a loss as to what could be the reason for my inability to track the tp 11090 V 30000 @ 3:0 clock.

However did mytv channels come out when you scanned your decoder?
No I didn't get mytv channels. Thanks

Sorry for the late reply... However you can always chat me up for urgent reply if need be.

Now back to the issue on ground. It's pretty obvious that you have been tracking a wrong location right from day one. So let's remedy that, in that exact position where you got ghallywood. I need you to tight your dish at the back and slide it down between 7 to 11 inches, the frequency will show you either a little signal or a sign. Then you tight the dish and slightly loose the the one at the back, after that move the dish slowly to your left to boost the signal. That should do it.

Remember to track with any of these frequencies

11050 H 30000 or 11090V 30000.

Happy hunting

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2136) (2137) (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.