Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5441460 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2141) (2142) (2143) (2144) (2145) (2146) (2147) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 28, 2020
Dear folks, the extreme nano technology employed in new STBs, have made them very fragile, excessive pressure and heat could destroy a good box. even the touch is "soft touch "
Please , handle all new STBs with care
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 4:56pm On Oct 28, 2020
yawwilson:
Dear folks, the extreme nano technology employed in new STBs, have made them very fragile, excessive pressure and heat could destroy a good box. even the touch is "soft touch "
Please , handle all new STBs with care

And it's annoying...what pains me the most is the removal of RF in/out ports and then the unrepairable 3.5mm AV port.

Companies be foolishly copying DSTV,even pained me more when our beloved strong did it too.

We all love that small form factor and sleekness but I wouldn't trade it for the RF ports.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 5:52pm On Oct 28, 2020
ben1daEbiri:

And it's annoying...what pains me the most is the removal of RF in/out ports and then the unrepairable 3.5mm AV port.

Companies be foolishly copying DSTV,even pained me more when our beloved strong did it too.

We all love that small form factor and sleekness but I wouldn't trade it for the RF ports.
HDMI has taken over. Who uses RF port again?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 6:03pm On Oct 28, 2020
Ameboperoo:

HDMI has taken over. Who uses RF port again?

Connecting to another TV will never phase out, long AV wire doesn't cut it for me...it's RF
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 28, 2020
ben1daEbiri:

Connecting to another TV will never phase out, long AV wire doesn't cut it for me...it's RF
Dear friend, I believe that's..."old school"
There are now AV wifi adapters that can do the job well...

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 10:56pm On Oct 28, 2020
yawwilson:

Dear friend, I believe that's..."old school"
There are now AV wifi adapters that can do the job well...

Bro...it's not about being old school, it just doesn't make sense to pay for something you're posed to gave for free. Example are the new iphones not coming with a charging brick...is it also old school for not having an adapter? Why would I pay over 7k for a modulator which in some cases is almost 50% of the entire cost of the receiver? maybe TV coys should also discontinue the Ant. port since it's old school.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 29, 2020
ben1daEbiri:

Bro...it's not about being old school, it just doesn't make sense to pay for something you're posed to gave for free. Example are the new iphones not coming with a charging brick...is it also old school for not having an adapter? Why would I pay over 7k for a modulator which in some cases is almost 50% of the entire cost of the receiver? maybe TV coys should also discontinue the Ant. port since it's old school.

Dear friend, sometimes when one gets hooked to something, the realization of modern technology just skips by..if you are in the manufacturing sector, you can continue producing those components in your machine.. don't have any problem with that...
You work it out with your R and D. department if it could stand the test of modern innovative.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Aderostock(m): 6:47am On Oct 29, 2020
Digitman:

You can try 51 degree east

Tracking tp

11090 V 30000

11050 h 30000

You can also add 32.9 degree east

Tracking tp

11015 v 30000

What are the name of the satellites?

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 6:57am On Oct 29, 2020
Aderostock:

What are the name of the satellites?

Belintersat 1 at 51.5°E

Intelsat 28 at 32.9°E

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by waleayeni1: 7:10am On Oct 29, 2020
SlyCharlie:

Only the V7 has a Multistream patch out for now.
But you can occasionally check here for updates.
https://www.latest-files.com/gtmedia-receivers.php
Thanks bro
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by waleayeni1: 7:15am On Oct 29, 2020
arbourboateng:
check it on (GTMedia_V9Super_MP_20201020_V400.zip) freesat.comhttps://www.freesat.cn/forum/download/file.php?id=6041

Thanks for the help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by warboy3: 8:08am On Oct 29, 2020
my Gurus and satellite constructors/engineers can 2.4mesh be converted to 3m dish anyidea.thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Leon2dgh: 2:29pm On Oct 29, 2020
any information about 57e cband
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umbo: 7:41pm On Oct 29, 2020
blexxonmak:
Hello guys, Anyone picking 9E on 90cm surface in ENUGU?? Thanks
its possible with 90cm but other factors needed no nail it are essential
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umbo: 7:41pm On Oct 29, 2020
blexxonmak:
Hello guys, Anyone picking 9E on 90cm surface in ENUGU?? Thanks
its possible with 90cm but other factors needed no nail it are essential
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:19pm On Oct 29, 2020
For those using Mytv , my own is red since today,is it general issue?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 9:32pm On Oct 29, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
For those using Mytv , my own is red since today,is it general issue?
Working fine here.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:03am On Oct 30, 2020
Ameboperoo:

Working fine here.
Your Channelstv is working? Am talking about the paid channels, the free channels on my own is working but the paid channels are red.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 8:16am On Oct 30, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Your Channelstv is working? Am talking about the paid channels, the free channels on my own is working but the paid channels are red.
Check your dish alignment. All is working
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sampete(m): 8:37am On Oct 30, 2020
Digitman:
Guys on Nigcomsat, please help us to be monitoring this new channels. Let the house know when the channels start showing real programs.
Bro, please I need tracking frequencies for Nigomsat.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 9:41am On Oct 30, 2020
sampete:
Bro, please I need tracking frequencies for Nigomsat.

12519 H 29500
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by giggspro(m): 11:30am On Oct 30, 2020
I need an installer in onitsha who can install Ourtv decoder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sampete(m): 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2020
Digitman:

12519 H 29500
Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ojochogwusunny(m): 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2020
The three newly added channels on Nigcomsat have not started broadcast yet....our hands are crossed!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bennyflipy(m): 5:04pm On Oct 30, 2020
Ojochogwusunny:
The three newly added channels on Nigcomsat have not started broadcast yet....our hands are crossed!!
I was surprised when I did a blind scan and I saw 3 new channels. hope they leave up to expectation.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ojochogwusunny(m): 5:08pm On Oct 30, 2020
Ojochogwusunny:
i believe here is a wrong thread to post this, but i am tired staying at home doing nothing;any job at all i will do,dnt mind relocating.Help a brother!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ojochogwusunny(m): 5:12pm On Oct 30, 2020
bennyflipy:

I was surprised when I did a blind scan and I saw 3 new channels. hope they leave up to expectation.
so was i the first time i saw them. It strikes me hard that those channels are here to stay,let's just be watchful to see their next step...!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SlyCharlie(m): 7:33pm On Oct 30, 2020
Ojochogwusunny:
so was i the first time i saw them. It strikes me hard that those channels are here to stay,let's just be watchful to see their next step...!
Those Channels belong to Freeview Africa.
They'd be encrypted with time, to be veiwed only by their decoder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ojochogwusunny(m): 7:45pm On Oct 30, 2020
SlyCharlie:

Those Channels belong to Freeview Africa.
They'd be encrypted with time, to be veiwed only by their decoder.
okay sir..is a case of 'enjoy while it lasts'. I just want them to start broadcast Asap...

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SlyCharlie(m): 9:47pm On Oct 30, 2020
Digitman:

12519 H 29500
Hi digitman, Thanks alot. I appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (2141) (2142) (2143) (2144) (2145) (2146) (2147) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.