Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5446923 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2148) (2149) (2150) (2151) (2152) (2153) (2154) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 3:59pm On Nov 10, 2020
DigitXman:

After taking the time out to read between the lines, I found myself wondering how someone who wants a decoder with an unlimited boundaries ended up going for Ourtv? Because on many many many occasions, it was said many times over that it does not multistream. Yet you still went ahead to order for it, only to still come back here to say you are interested in a decoder with endless possibilities. Hmm, really confusing.

Lool grin

You should better, breh.

I wouldn't have punched the purchase button if had known. Did you even check my date of registration on this platform? The fact that I had already known little about FTA set up before I showed up here doesn't mean I wasn't ignorant or had an idea of what multi-stream decoder was all about. grin

In fact, from what I had read here I have seen some who've been in this game quite long before myself who had no idea what multi-stream thing is all about hence I had to do a personal research on Google and dock dock to make my findings tho it was already too late for me but I am glad I do now. Once bitten, twice shy.

You can't blame me, I am a newbie in this game. cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DigitXman: 4:02pm On Nov 10, 2020
Once the word Ourtv is mentioned here, either the poster or someone else will quickly mention many times over that it does not multistream. So that anybody who multistream is his major aim for buying will have a second thought.. Sometimes the conversation even lead to strong 497s to being suggested.

At least for someone whom I have noticed has been active when such are being shared, to come here and say he ordered for ourtv and is feeling disappointed because of the lack of mutistream. As a result of all the unlimited USA border, London border and European borders a multistream decoder would have helped him cross.

Really really really makes me wonder how to comprehend that.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DigitXman: 4:06pm On Nov 10, 2020
WaytoGo:

Lool grin

You should better, breh.

I wouldn't have punched the purchase button if had known. Did you even check my date of registration on this platform? The fact that I had already known little about FTA set up before I showed up here doesn't mean I wasn't ignorant or had an idea of what multi-stream decoder was all about. grin

In fact, from what I had read here I have seen some who've been in this game quite long before myself who had no idea what multi-stream thing is all about hence I had to do a personal research on Google and dock dock to make my findings tho it was already too late for me but I am glad I do now. Once bitten, twice shy.

You can't blame me, I am a newbie in this game. cool

Yes you are new to this game.. But I see you are a person who like being informed and explore all that is possible to make the right decision that suit his interest.

Which is why I still can't get my head around how you made that decision without consulting the house for a second opinion. Based on your true reason for wanting to buy another receiver.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spinoza204: 4:16pm On Nov 10, 2020
Please to avoid confusion, What is meant by multistream here is that Ourtv decoder can connect up to four different satellite dishes thereby enabling streaming from different radio signals. You are all welcome.
www.ourtv.ng

Spinoza204:
What is meant by multistream is that Ourtv decoder can connect up to four different satellite dishes thereby enabling streaming from different radio signals.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 4:17pm On Nov 10, 2020
DigitXman:

Yes you are new to this game.. But I see you are a person who like being informed and explore all that is possible to make the right decision that suit his interest.

Which is why I still can't get my head around how you made that decision without consulting the house for a second opinion. Based on your true reason for wanting to buy another receiver.

You have an unusual foresight or rather, instinct. Kudos! You just describe a part of my personality.

Well yeah! But you know, initially, I had no idea about what decoder grades were all about neither do I know there was a version that unleashes unlimited possibilities of channels or sats. It was all about breaking the chains of paying an installer each time my fav sat position switches or moved to another, and of course, just for the love of FTA until I started reading this thread on ghost mode only to come across the multi-stream thing ( was led here actually through google search) on here after the order was already made.

Funny thing is, I used to think the words" multi-stream ' means, the ability of a decoder to connect or absorb more than a sat or lnb on a dish into a decoder. grin. Now don't laugh I was just a baby on this hunting. cheesy. Until I came across one of your detailed comments about what that means, and one other I.d like that.
shocked
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManirBK: 4:32pm On Nov 10, 2020
[quote author=Cheny post=94247669][/quote]my 245+ultra failed to open them pls with software are you using?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2020
Good day everyone!
If one needs to buy a new decoder, please look for tuner specs, DVB-S2,S2X and H265 compatible.. the new trend too is playing on phone (with DVB app.)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 4:51pm On Nov 10, 2020
yawwilson:
Good day everyone!
If one needs to buy a new decoder, please look for tuner specs, DVB-S2,S2X and H265 compatible.. the new trend too is playing on phone (with DVB app.)
Many have been mentioned here tho.
Where do you normally find or buy yours, on or offline?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DigitXman: 5:03pm On Nov 10, 2020
WaytoGo:

You have an unusual foresight or rather, instinct. Kudos! You just describe a part of my personality.

Well yeah! But you know, initially, I had no idea about what decoder grades were all about neither do I know there was a version that unleashes unlimited possibilities of channels or sats. It was all about breaking the chains of paying an installer each time my fav sat position switches or moved to another, and of course, just for the love of FTA until I started reading this thread on ghost mode only to come across the multi-stream thing ( was led here actually through google search) on here after the order was already made.

Funny thing is, I used to think the words" multi-stream ' means, the ability of a decoder to connect or absorb more than a sat or lnb on a dish into a decoder. grin. Now don't laugh I was just a baby on this hunting. cheesy. Until I came across one of your detailed comments about what that means, and one other I.d like that.
shocked

Anyways, since you have already ordered it, all you need do is not to open it when it arrive but rather come here to put it up for sale. I strongly believe there are lots of silent readers here who will gladly buy it from you. Because they can't go through all the headache of jumping up and down for ladder all in the name of fta rules.. Lol
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2020
waleayeni1:

Lool. My guy you no dey quick forget o. Ever since I sweat tire for ordinary Nigcomsat, I know say khaki no be leather. To be honest, that satellite still dey give me tough time because of my dish position. But with digitman's help and a few others I have been able to nail 51.5e. If I turn on ac and turn off light for my small sitting room come put the channel for that music station on 51.5e, you go think say na dstv premium I subscribe on. Fta rules.
I like your never say die until u try spirit. That's the way it is as per FTA.u rock bro.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 5:46pm On Nov 10, 2020
DigitXman:
Once the word Ourtv is mentioned here, either the poster or someone else will quickly mention many times over that it does not multistream. So that anybody who multistream is his major aim for buying will have a second thought.. Sometimes the conversation even lead to strong 497s to being suggested.

At least for someone whom I have noticed has been active when such are being shared, to come here and say he ordered for ourtv and is feeling disappointed because of the lack of mutistream. As a result of all the unlimited USA border, London border and European borders a multistream decoder would have helped him cross.

Really really makes me wonder how to comprehend that.

In life, every step of learning and acquiring knowledge base on what you love or not, there is room for mistakes to grow and improve.

You don't have to also " wonder ' cos sometimes, during our growing or improving on knowledge of something we tend not to see some things, seek/search for it, or need to understand their essence cos our passion is not based on that but beyond but as we grow we understand the importance of such in what we seek then it becomes a passion also or what we search/seek along with our passion.

You've been of great and immersed help to every member, new, old on this thread. Keep it up ---my chat with you is nothing but aim for others to learn and have the ability to know the essence and importance of multistream.

And thanks for the idea and suggestion but I may keep the decoder and preserve for now or future use.

Thanks a bunch!

Cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DigitXman: 6:04pm On Nov 10, 2020
Spinoza204:
What is meant by multistream is that Ourtv decoder can connect up to four different satellite dishes thereby enabling streaming from different radio signals.

I was too distracted to notice this. Please where on earth did you gather this definition from or are you making a statement of what Ourtv people told you?

Well make I take am say you are only pointing out what you think Ourtv people are trying to say.

But that's totally wrong to categorized a decoder as one that multistream, simple because it has a feature for diseqc 1.0

You don't need a multiple dish installation to even receive channels transmitting under the multistream platform. So using that analogy of diseqc 1.0 to define multistream is totally misleading.

I strongly believe I have done justice to the true definition of multistream, some pages back

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DigitXman: 6:18pm On Nov 10, 2020
WaytoGo:

In life, every step of learning and acquiring knowledge base on what you love or not, there is room for mistakes to grow and improve.

You don't have to also " wonder ' cos sometimes, during our growing or improving on knowledge of something we tend not to see some things, seek/search for it, or need to understand their essence cos our passion is not based on that but beyond but as we grow we understand the importance of such in what we seek then it becomes a passion also or what we search/seek along with our passion.

You've been of great and immersed help to every member, new, old on this thread. Keep it up ---my chat with you is nothing but aim for others to learn and have the ability to know the essence and importance of multistream.

And thanks for the idea and suggestion but I may keep the decoder and preserve for now or future use.

Thanks a bunch!

Cheers
Bro nor too mind me for some statement joor. I just dey upset say we all dey here and you come go make that kind mistake. That is not really a mistake but seems like a mistake because of your Personal reason for purchase.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DigitXman: 6:29pm On Nov 10, 2020
Ourtv stand a chance of selling thousands / millions of decoder . If only they will listen to the public just like strong did. Strong always look out for what people want and incorporate it into their decoder thereby boosting sells from the two categories of buyers.

Buyers number one just gets it to enjoy the premium package they have.

Buyers number two are the ones in the market to buy that decoder that has that extra kick, to solve the problem of the latest hype. = these are the buyers that made strong to sell decoders like say there is no tomorrow. So you guys should not just limit the promotion of your sell on just premium free channels, but open more possibility for the decoder to still capture other sets of buyers that does not fit into that category.

Just imagine the kind of free promo that will boost your sells the more. That you guys will get from the online community that reaches out to millions of people. If the news that Ourtv now multistream through the help of their latest software comes rushing down like a wave ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SlyCharlie(m): 7:16pm On Nov 10, 2020
Spinoza204:
Please to avoid confusion, What is meant by multistream here is that Ourtv decoder can connect up to four different satellite dishes thereby enabling streaming from different radio signals. You are all welcome.
www.ourtv.ng

Don't make me laugh abeg, what you just described above is Diseqc, not Multistream.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by timibare(m): 7:22pm On Nov 10, 2020
Spinoza204:

you mean this thing wen u talk so grin grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spinoza204: 7:27pm On Nov 10, 2020
Exactly! You get the point. The DiSEqC switch is what enables you connect the different satellite dishes to enable the signal decoding from multiple streams of radio signals.

Please kindly explain the multistream feature you mean?

SlyCharlie:

Don't make me laugh abeg, what you just described above is Diseqc, not Multistream.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spinoza204: 7:32pm On Nov 10, 2020
Yes, with the help of a DiSEqC.

timibare:
you mean this thing wen u talk so grin grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spinoza204: 7:34pm On Nov 10, 2020
WATCH OUT!
You don't want to miss the Next Big Giveaway of the Year.
ourtv, in Partnership with Chief Dele Momodu, is Unleashing a Surprise Giveaway package for all of our esteemed customers.

Get ready to be a part of it and Stand a chance to WIN BIGGGG!! by Following our Twitter handle @Ourtv_ng.

Click the link below to follow NOW!
https://twitter.com/Ourtv_ng
Welcome home...

#ourtvishere
#getourtv

DigitXman:
Ourtv stand a chance of selling thousands / millions of decoder . If only they will listen to the public just like strong did. Strong always look out for what people want and incorporate it into their decoder thereby boosting sells from the two categories of buyers.

Buyers number one just gets it to enjoy the premium package they have.

Buyers number two are the ones in the market to buy that decoder that has that extra kick, to solve the problem of the latest hype. = these are the buyers that made strong to sell decoders like say there is no tomorrow. So you guys should not just limit the promotion of your sell on just premium free channels, but open more possibility for the decoder to still capture other sets of buyers that does not fit into that category.

Just imagine the kind of free promo that will boost your sells the more. That you guys will get from the online community that reaches out to millions of people. If the news that Ourtv now multistream through the help of their latest software comes rushing down like a wave ?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Debroslink: 7:44pm On Nov 10, 2020
Spinoza204:
Exactly! You get the point. The DiSEqC switch is what enables you connect the different satellite dishes to enable the signal decoding from multiple streams of radio signals.

Please kindly explain the multistream feature you mean?

Please gurus, help ourtv guys here to explain this issue of multistream in a layman's language. Perhaps, it will enable them to create a software that will solve this issue.

If ourtv can fix this on their decoder, they have the potentials to be one of the very best fta decoders in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DigitXman: 8:32pm On Nov 10, 2020
On the issue of multistream .... Well
As part of the GSE (Generic Stream Encapsulation) protocol adopted in DVB-S2, DVB-C2 and DVB-T2 standards it became possible for service providers to aggregate independent transport streams into one single radiofrequency carrier that is commonly referred to as multistream.

So in other words...
multistream can be define by a layman as
streaming radio
frequency to more than
one infrastructure. Like
Gtv sports plus/ max TV, transmitting both on terrestrial and digital platform>@28.2 degree east .

So as a result of the above came to existence the mutistream functionality in a satellite receive. To enable you have access to view channels transmitting via such a frequency.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DigitXman: 9:04pm On Nov 10, 2020
Now let's do the practical..

In this practical I am going to use

Strong 4954 versus Ourtv decoder

The satellite position in this case study will be Astra 2 @ 28.2 degree east.

Multistream frequency for the experiment will be

12645 V 30000

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DigitXman: 9:06pm On Nov 10, 2020
I am going to connect a wire coming directly from 28.2 degree east.

Connect it to the two decoders one after the other to see the one that will bring out signal on this frequency

12645 V 30000

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DigitXman: 9:07pm On Nov 10, 2020
First test is on strong 4954

Let's see if there will be signal and if there is let's see if it will scan out the channels running on multistream platform
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DigitXman: 9:10pm On Nov 10, 2020
Image for strong

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DigitXman: 9:12pm On Nov 10, 2020
As you can see in the previous image there was signal on the frequency
12645 v 30000

Now let's see what channels comes out

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DigitXman: 9:13pm On Nov 10, 2020
Another

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DigitXman: 9:14pm On Nov 10, 2020
What about this

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DigitXman: 9:17pm On Nov 10, 2020
Now let's look at the 44 channels that scanned out on the multistream frequency 12645 V 30000

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DigitXman: 9:18pm On Nov 10, 2020
More channels

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DigitXman: 9:19pm On Nov 10, 2020
More channels on the strong 4954

(1) (2) (3) ... (2148) (2149) (2150) (2151) (2152) (2153) (2154) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.