Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5441106 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) (2220) (2221) (2222) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 1:57pm On Mar 15, 2021
cabes007:

What is the procedure to upgraded the SOFTCAM.KEY bro sir
I have tired it but it not working
Go to key edit, then import it. Make sure it is saved in the root directory of the flash
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lateefykn84(m): 2:20pm On Mar 15, 2021
dlollyboi:

Buy forever enabled STB like octopus 4k, Tiger T3000 Z280+ I400PRO Z400PRO Z4000
Or orca enabled STB like icone iron pro
If you in SW Nigeria it's better u go for a 4.5m fibre dish to enjoy the device
thank you sir
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Xmen149(m): 7:12pm On Mar 15, 2021
dlollyboi:

Go to key edit, then import it. Make sure it is saved in the root directory of the flash

one more question baba.

will any of the two procedures remove the channel lists on the decoder (therefor need to re-scan all the satellites again using their TP)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 7:50pm On Mar 15, 2021
Xmen149:

one more question baba.

will any of the two procedures remove the channel lists on the decoder (therefor need to re-scan all the satellites again using their TP)
Yh it will just save your current user db first before going through the process
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 8:26pm On Mar 15, 2021
Xmen149:

UPDATE US HOW IT WENT
Follow the instructions or simply ask Philipbash for upgraded software.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by cabes007: 11:49am On Mar 16, 2021
dlollyboi:

Pls it only opening CBC sport
Is not opening idman
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by cabes007: 11:55am On Mar 17, 2021
Where are d gurus in these group no body is saying anything since morning
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umbo: 8:53pm On Mar 17, 2021
cabes007:
Where are d gurus in these group no body is saying anything since morning
yeah
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SegaWarrior: 9:43pm On Mar 17, 2021
mosedgreat:

Yes. That's the decoder I am using to watch idman TV channel during live match.
Hello pls can you send me the screenshot of how you configured your decoder srt4950H to watch IDMAN, I will appreciate. Gos blessings.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bbally: 4:59am On Mar 18, 2021
Hello house, between gtmedia v7 and hellobox 6 decoder which is better in all spec and functions?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Luisema4luv(m): 1:12pm On Mar 18, 2021
please how do i install 3g strongs natosat nato-4957s decoder software without having access to the bootup menu (it freezes and goes blank after 4 seconds of booting up)..... I need the button combinations to install the files from usb since it has no rs232 port

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SegaWarrior: 11:52am On Mar 19, 2021
Anyone here using Strong 4950H to help me out with the Bisskeys Setup to watch IDMAN. Thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Emmaculate20(m): 12:52pm On Mar 19, 2021
SegaWarrior:
Anyone here using Strong 4950H to help me out with the Bisskeys Setup to watch IDMAN. Thank you
Kindly take your time to read previous pages Of this thread, it might be of help, GL!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tedio: 6:40pm On Mar 19, 2021
Gurus in the house my SRT 497s just got fried any hope for it because I just purchased it few months ago, I saw a post on my tv Africa fans page about the software upgrade of which I tried not knowing that light will go off, please any help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 6:50pm On Mar 19, 2021
tedio:
Gurus in the house my SRT 497s just got fried any hope for it because I just purchased it few months ago, I saw a post on my tv Africa fans page about the software upgrade of which I tried not knowing that light will go off, please any help.
After all the warnings on this thread. You mean you still went ahead and take the risk of upgrading a receiver without a steady power supply? Your punishment is that the receiver will remain grounded for 3 months. That's my judgement. I rise!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tedio: 6:58pm On Mar 19, 2021
Ameboperoo:

After all the warnings on this thread. You mean you still went ahead and take the risk of upgrading a receiver without a steady power supply? Your punishment is that the receiver will remain grounded for 3 months. That's my judgement. I rise!

I am new to this please help any hope for the decoder, I bought it 2 months ago it cost alot
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 7:05pm On Mar 19, 2021
tedio:

I am new to this please help any hope for the decoder, I bought it 2 months ago it cost alot
Because you're new, one month. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mosedgreat(m): 7:28pm On Mar 19, 2021
tedio:

There hope. For that decoder to wake up. You'll need the same srt497s decoder that is alive. Open it up and connect a device to the ICs of both decoders in order to wake the dead decoder up. I can't remember the name of that device now. A professional will do it for you.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 7:55pm On Mar 19, 2021
tedio:

Where's your location?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tedio: 7:57pm On Mar 19, 2021
mosedgreat:

There hope. For that decoder to wake up. You'll need the same srt497s decoder that is alive. Open it up and connect a device to the ICs of both decoders in order to wake the dead decoder up. I can't remember the name of that device now. A professional will do it for you.

Wow thanks what a relief, do you know how much is reasonable to pay for a professional to do, to avoid being overcharged thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tedio: 8:31pm On Mar 19, 2021
[quote author=Ameboperoo post=100027180]
Where's your location?[/quote

Uyo, Akwa ibom State
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tedio: 8:32pm On Mar 19, 2021
Ameboperoo:

Where's your location?

Uyo Akwa ibom State
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mosedgreat(m): 8:49pm On Mar 19, 2021
tedio:

Wow thanks what a relief, do you know how much is reasonable to pay for a professional to do, to avoid being overcharged thanks

I don't really know how much they collect for wakeing up dead decoders. Don P on satellite telegram group can be of help to you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iamsuskay(m): 9:00pm On Mar 19, 2021
hello gurus in the house please assist me in connection to satellite TV for Philips smart TV 42PFL6188S/12 . the guy way help me with the connection no try at all. na only MBC action, MBC 2, Al-Jazeera, dwtv and &flix action but some channels showing black with sounds and some without sounds.. please help me

please What can I do to make more stations to show becox my friend which I bought the TV from he was watching plenty STATIONS but his leaving in Lagos and I was leaving in ilorin Kwara state. sometimes if I rescan it shows more stations but not showing. GURUS I SALUTE YOU.. PLEASE AND PLEASE COME AND HELP ME

give me more illustrations
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Emmaculate20(m): 9:29pm On Mar 19, 2021
tedio:
Kindly take your time to read
previous pages Of this thread, it
might be of help, GL!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tedio: 4:59am On Mar 20, 2021
mosedgreat:

I don't really know how much they collect for wakeing up dead decoders. Don P on satellite telegram group can be of help to you.

Ok thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by RasKush(m): 7:05am On Mar 20, 2021
Noble1010:
Hello bro, pls can you help with viewsat VRT 4922 Software update.

Usafemo1010@gmail.com
Or whatapp

@Noble1010, there has never been any support for most if not all of the Chinese STBs found in the Naija market.

The ViewSAT vrt4950h in question never fully upgraded with the compatible s/w. The ViewSAT vrt4922HD is different since it has a Serial Number it could mean the mainboard is of a supported brand. Open up the decoder & snapshot the mainboard chassis ID.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rickyzagy: 9:49am On Mar 20, 2021
I need h265 compliance decoder that is fully auto biss and powervu and with account.
That Is affordable between 15k to 25k and where to buy it. I stay in abia state
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 10:54am On Mar 20, 2021
Rickyzagy:
I need h265 compliance decoder that is fully auto biss and powervu and with account.
That Is affordable between 15k to 25k and where to buy it. I stay in abia state
Just go for tiger, mediastar with forever or hellobox with scam+
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 11:01am On Mar 20, 2021
iamsuskay:
hello gurus in the house please assist me in connection to satellite TV for Philips smart TV 42PFL6188S/12 . the guy way help me with the connection no try at all. na only MBC action, MBC 2, Al-Jazeera, dwtv and &flix action but some channels showing black with sounds and some without sounds.. please help me
That's 51.5e, your satellite TV isn't h.265 compliant that's why you experience that. To get the best experience it's better you buy a standalone decoder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rickyzagy: 12:31pm On Mar 20, 2021
dlollyboi:

Just go for tiger, mediastar with forever or hellobox with scam+

I was thinking about hellobox 8

But where to go it is the problem so I need anyone I can get easily
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by richiemcgold: 1:03pm On Mar 20, 2021
Hello everyone, I'm a first timer here. I just got this old Strong decoder today (SRT 4669X II) with a dish (90cm). Pls gurus in the house, how good is this decoder and what should I do next? I bought it specifically to watch news, latest movies and music videos on FTA. your advice/opinion is going to be highly appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) (2220) (2221) (2222) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.