Stats: 3,159,100 members, 7,838,786 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5462511 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by n9jaboy: 3:15pm On Dec 23, 2012
odilibe: Obviously channels can come up on both H/V polarity on same tp...it depends on the LNB skew...although you can't get best signal quality when such thing happens.. cheers grin grin
Thank you for this point! My question is- with my signal strenght @ 91% on a 90cm dish (Astra), will skewing the lnb to either be V or H increase the signal to 100%? My location is Abuja. Thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 3:37pm On Dec 23, 2012
n9jaboy:
Dual lnb two decoders! Is that what you mean. Just wanna try it out. I mean extend it to another tv in the bedroom or please whats the best option of running multiple view with just a decoder. Thank you for being there.

Dual view lnb is meant for two rx's. If u want to extend to ur bedroom or another tv with one receiver, u have to use the RF out port at the back of the receiver. Although the new HD decoders from strong dont have an RF out port. So to achieve this u need to get an AV to RF converter/modulator from the market (most electronics dealers sell one for less than #500 for the ordinary one to #7000 for the original televes branded ones).

Or u can improvise with those old video players dat have channel settings dat have an av in provision and an rf out port. Even some dvd players have an av in and rf out port with channel settings feature. Regards.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 3:42pm On Dec 23, 2012
n9jaboy:
Thank you for this point! My question is- with my signal strenght @ 91% on a 90cm dish (Astra), will skewing the lnb to either be V or H increase the signal to 100%? My location is Abuja. Thank you.

No. U're signal strenght is good enough for what ever u want to use it for. Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 8:02pm On Dec 23, 2012
In bad weather,I have managed to track ASTRA 2F(28.2E) at 97% on Multi Tv TP and managed to hit 95% ok KKTV

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by n9jaboy: 8:04pm On Dec 23, 2012
olenyi:

No. U're signal strenght is good enough for what ever u want to use it for. Regards.
Big Bro! God bless you, i have learnt alot; i am still learning from you guys.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 8:08pm On Dec 23, 2012
KKtv Tp gave me 80%..also managed to hit green on \A\rabsat 30,4E tp of 10924 H 16999....seems like a fringe transponder

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2012
All using SRT 4930L can now go to www.crosat.us and download new p-r1.29 software to upgrade,after then goto www.wizkid.persiangig.com and download patch 1.0.0 for srt4930l to upgrade again to give you options also download prug-in there like DVD RW+,L VIDEO,M VIDEO,P MODE,RSS READER AND TORRENT,STRONG!!!!!!! ALL THE BEST.THANK YOU
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 11:22pm On Dec 23, 2012
George_D: @odilibe,
It's been quite a while. Looks like our package couldn't sail through.

I guess we have to do it sometime in the new Year.

Cheers!
@George_D...no problem, anytime within the new yr will be fine...cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 2:04am On Dec 24, 2012
n9jaboy:
Big Bro! God bless you, i have learnt alot; i am still learning from you guys.

U're most welcome. My warm regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by fineworker(m): 8:35am On Dec 24, 2012
Hello gurus in the house, please i am a complete novice about dish installation. I am in calabar, please how can i get an installer that will nail aljazeera sports for me? The person can contact me on this number 08053279971 or email fineworker24@in.com. OR you can also give me any information that can help me locate one. thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TSHIRT(m): 9:58am On Dec 24, 2012
Ilish: KKtv Tp gave me 80%..also managed to hit green on \A\rabsat 30,4E tp of 10924 H 16999....seems like a fringe transponder
please can you give details of how to track this bird,what is ur dish size did you use,did u get eritrea tv2 earth,i tried it even with 3meter on saturday without success,please give detail
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 11:48am On Dec 24, 2012
@ all just aquire a strong 4922 decoder and after mounting it on my dish I realise a signal drop of 10. that's Multi TV which had a quality reception of 90% now reads 80% MYTV Africa 78% all other stations ranging from 68E to 43W has recorded same reduction. I will be grateful if this phenomena could be explained. Do I need to realign my dish? Bye the way the dish is a 2.4m mesh converted to solid (pictures were presented on the forum some time ago)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 12:42pm On Dec 24, 2012
simniboma: @ all just aquire a strong 4922 decoder and after mounting it on my dish I realise a signal drop of 10. that's Multi TV which had a quality reception of 90% now reads 80% MYTV Africa 78% all other stations ranging from 68E to 43W has recorded same reduction. I will be grateful if this phenomena could be explained. Do I need to realign my dish? Bye the way the dish is a 2.4m mesh converted to solid (pictures were presented on the forum some time ago)
check lnb position
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 2:00pm On Dec 24, 2012
on1977: Thank you wil try and give u a feedback. By the way can you enlighten me hw i can track them from w3a position caz i have MBC3?

Got banned for an hour and my post hidden fo replying ur post by Pyguru.

Anyway, for amos 5 and w3c, first track multi tv with 12523 v 19531. Fine tune the signal to the best % possible. Then input 12562 h 30000, and standing behind the dish, raise it up a little and to ur right. Play around dia and it should come. Den blindscan. Regards.

I have tried what you told me to do and i failed it only popped blue instead of red caz i use this philibao mpeg 2 receiver but the %age willbe around 80-89 bt very unstable. So shud i buy a mpeg4 str4669x11 or what? Another thing what does 'R and L' mean in c band terms how do i put them caz i m familiar with H and V' may be i can track Optma sports or do ineed a larger dish for c-bnd?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 2:18pm On Dec 24, 2012
hon1977: on1977: Thank you wil try and give u a feedback. By the way can you enlighten me hw i can track them from w3a position caz i have MBC3?

Got banned for an hour and my post hidden fo replying ur post by Pyguru.

Anyway, for amos 5 and w3c, first track multi tv with 12523 v 19531. Fine tune the signal to the best % possible. Then input 12562 h 30000, and standing behind the dish, raise it up a little and to ur right. Play around dia and it should come. Den blindscan. Regards.

I have tried what you told me to do and i failed it only popped blue instead of red caz i use this philibao mpeg 2 receiver but the %age willbe around 80-89 bt very unstable. So shud i buy a mpeg4 str4669x11 or what? Another thing what does 'R and L' mean in c band terms how do i put them caz i m familiar with H and V' may be i can track Optma sports or do ineed a larger dish for c-bnd?

All along i thought u had a strong machine. Those instructions i gave were clear enough. Forget about whether it turned red or blue. The machine is ur's so u should know the colour it turns to when their's signal on the rx. Strong turns from red to green.

Another thing is dat its not all rx's dat are used for tracking as some dont have sensitive turner's dat can easily pick up signals.

Go borrow a strong rx from a friend. When u most have gotten ur signals, u can den fix ur rx back and scan.

R means v
L means h.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2012
olenyi:

All along i thought u had a strong machine. Those instructions i gave were clear enough. Forget about whether it turned red or blue. The machine is ur's so u should know the colour it turns to when their's signal on the rx. Strong turns from red to green.

Another thing is dat its not all rx's dat are used for tracking as some dont have sensitive turner's dat can easily pick up signals.

Go borrow a strong rx from a friend. When u most have gotten ur signals, u can den fix ur rx back and scan.

R means v

what about this mpg thing does it matter Oga Olenyi?
L means h.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 2:55pm On Dec 24, 2012
Another thing Mr Olenyi the cable port of my C band lnb is at the back not on the side like Ku band ones so when fixing it vexes me where is v or h. Can u help me on this one?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nanaba2009: 5:57pm On Dec 24, 2012
Hi,
I have just purchased strong decoder SRT4922 but have observed that it could not pick some signals, especially c band. Is it a problem of software? Would be gratefully if helpful suggestions could be provided.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 6:35pm On Dec 24, 2012
gadotor: All using SRT 4930L can now go to www.crosat.us and download new p-r1.29 software to upgrade,after then goto www.wizkid.persiangig.com and download patch 1.0.0 for srt4930l to upgrade again to give you options also download prug-in there like DVD RW+,L VIDEO,M VIDEO,P MODE,RSS READER AND TORRENT,STRONG!!!!!!! ALL THE BEST.THANK YOU
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by THREASHOLD20: 6:40pm On Dec 24, 2012
pls @ all how do I wassaman tv on w3c or amos5 n @ what % wil either must b.thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 8:19pm On Dec 24, 2012
T-SHIRT@:
please can you give details of how to track this bird,what is ur dish size did you use,did u get eritrea tv2 earth,i tried it even with 3meter on saturday without success,please give detail

Find Eutelsat 36A at 36.E.....then move your dish to the left (if u re standing behind the dish) just a bit and pull down the dish a bit....use 12523 v 19531.Am using a fibre. 1.8m offset dish which has a feedhorn.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 8:21pm On Dec 24, 2012
@ all MERRY XMAS and a PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 10:58pm On Dec 24, 2012
George d. odilibe.obnelly merry xmass happy new year in advance
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:18am On Dec 25, 2012
Ilish:

Find Eutelsat 36A at 36.E.....then move your dish to the left (if u re standing behind the dish) just a bit and pull down the dish a bit....use 12523 v 19531.Am using a fibre. 1.8m offset dish which has a feedhorn.

I think if it's astra u are after, after ew36, u go up and to ur right while stanind at the back of the dish. Not down and to ur left. Happy xmas bro. Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 9:04am On Dec 25, 2012
merry christmas to all members and may the good lord guides and protect all,may the best sats be ours,fta forever,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 10:08am On Dec 25, 2012
@Adex70,
Thanks! Merry Christmas to you and the family too.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 10:17am On Dec 25, 2012
@all,
Here's wishing all good members in the house a very merry Christmas.

Peace and love to all men (and women) of goodwill! kiss kiss kiss

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by astanco(m): 1:58pm On Dec 25, 2012
Merry Xmas to Olenyi and Obnelly,more grease to ur elbows
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 2:24pm On Dec 25, 2012
Merry xmas to all member and guest of nairaland here and offshore of our continent;A child was born in a barn and we celebrate a great day!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 2:27pm On Dec 25, 2012
Merry xmas to all member and guest of nairaland here and offshore of our continent;A child was born in a barn and we celebrate a great day!!!@ODILIBE naija is sweeter than honey in xmas period bro hav a splendid xmas&new year in advance and @ all same thing
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Xpset: 2:47pm On Dec 25, 2012
season greetings pidzo obnelly olenyi
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 2:49pm On Dec 25, 2012
olenyi:

I think if it's astra u are after, after ew36, u go up and to ur right while stanind at the back of the dish. Not down and to ur left. Happy xmas bro. Regards.
once u hit green on w736e ,raise ur dish up like 10inches u wl hit green on astr2f.Note straight line up frm 36e to astra 2f.

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (2352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49