Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,734 members, 7,851,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:25 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5475650 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by n9jaboy: 8:49am On Apr 27, 2013
House! Please can you help confirm if all these SKY UK channels are receivable in central Nigeria. If it is, can a 3m Dish pull it down? Check the link below. Thanks
sdsdigital.co.uk/channel-list.html
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 11:07am On Apr 27, 2013
Turksat @42e is blazing hot rite nw,17 channels,3sports channels,2hd channels bt true hd.enjoy wth as small as 60cm use 12732v20195.and for nigerians,hola tv has nw found love on mytv.blindscan
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mide8e(m): 11:09am On Apr 27, 2013
KKTV is nt showing here again. Pls help house
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 11:31am On Apr 27, 2013
mide8e: KKTV is nt showing here again. Pls help house
THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by billamo: 11:51am On Apr 27, 2013
roman001: Turksat @42e is blazing hot rite nw,17 channels,3sports channels,2hd channels bt true hd.enjoy wth as small as 60cm use 12732v20195.and for nigerians,hola tv has nw found love on mytv.blindscan
I can only c 2 sports channels. they r repeating de same tin after 5 mins . there is nothing special here
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 12:16pm On Apr 27, 2013
billamo: I can only c 2 sports channels. they r repeating de same tin after 5 mins . there is nothing special here
be patient
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 1:04pm On Apr 27, 2013
Are they english speaking channels and also please give me the direction
roman001: Turksat @42e is blazing hot rite nw,17 channels,3sports channels,2hd channels bt true hd.enjoy wth as small as 60cm use 12732v20195.and for nigerians,hola tv has nw found love on mytv.blindscan
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by MyHiDsDaar: 1:32pm On Apr 27, 2013
for the record that package is the new hi tv, let's keep our fingers crossed and c what they ha ve for us
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 2:08pm On Apr 27, 2013
Yinka4dad: Are they english speaking channels and also please give me the direction
below dstv,almst on dsame line
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by afope: 2:26pm On Apr 27, 2013
Is any guru in fta installation in abuja area ( sunnyvalle / game village side) ? I need someone to help me scan my fta srt 4922a to get Top movies, CNN and any other movie channels for me. Am not good at this kinda thing. Pls call me on 08033726739. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by drandonzero(m): 2:33pm On Apr 27, 2013
Yinka4dad: Are they english speaking channels and also please give me the direction
They are turkish channels.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 2:36pm On Apr 27, 2013
is it true because i blindscan recently and the only new channel that i get is BTV which is a channel from Bostwana and it is showing the under Africa under 17 championship
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 2:53pm On Apr 27, 2013
Have been wondering about these satelites positions , for example or let me say on paper the following satelites should have be on a row from the least to the highest eg 16 e , 17 E , 28 E ,36E , 42E and 68 E But practically it not so , mytv 68E is bellow the rest ., 28E and 36 E follow that order while 16/17E which should have be below them is above 36 e while tracking , pls i want to know why
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 3:20pm On Apr 27, 2013
Any sport channels if yes what r those sport channels and what do they ve for us
drandonzero: They are turkish channels.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 5:55pm On Apr 27, 2013
Setoop: Have been wondering about these satelites positions , for example or let me say on paper the following satelites should have be on a row from the least to the highest eg 16 e , 17 E , 28 E ,36E , 42E and 68 E But practically it not so , mytv 68E is bellow the rest ., 28E and 36 E follow that order while 16/17E which should have be below them is above 36 e while tracking , pls i want to know why

When reading the degrees, u read from the sky as ur 0' reference point. Then u count down either east or west to the horizon.

Are u clear now?

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 7:49pm On Apr 27, 2013
@ all
Based some reports about Turksat 2A 3A, I did some tests later in the night. Found out the ff active frequencies but do not know which satellites they are on. Kindly run tests if you have a bigger dish and lets see what more we can find. They were noticed above Intelsat 28(ie as you move your dish up)
=>The 1st TP you'll hit is 11.087(H)/4.999. The satellite position is unknown
=>The 2nd batch of TP you'll hit from the first position is 11.946(V)/29.997 and 11.983(V)/30.000. This satellite position is unknown at the moment too
=>The 3rd TP you'll hit from the second position is 10.872(H)/19.627. This TP has 7 channel slots with one radio running via the TV channel and Lybia Watanaya running on another. The rest are all tests. Still, this satellite position is also not known
Assist us in getting all available satellites with footprints over our region under monitoring. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by afope: 8:38pm On Apr 27, 2013
Is any guru in fta installation in abuja area ( sunnyvalle / game village side) ? I need someone to help me scan my fta srt 4922a to get Top movies, CNN and any other movie channels for me. Am not good at this kinda thing. Pls call me on 08033726739. Thanks. I am willing to pay a token...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 8:47pm On Apr 27, 2013
is consat out with a reciever or smart card? i am in need of it. someone please assist.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2013
olenyi:

When reading the degrees, u read from the sky as ur 0' reference point. Then u count down either east or west to the horizon.

Are u clear now?
Yes , thank you
Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 9:46pm On Apr 27, 2013
Hola tv is truely back on mytv , i did blindscan and it came up and some new channels , the tp is 12681 H 26656
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 10:03pm On Apr 27, 2013
faithchild: house can 2.4m get hotbird,nilesat and sky uk in akure in ondo state,please its urgent,thank u
Is this the same faith children I know at the other side?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by charleya: 10:41pm On Apr 27, 2013
pls help i have 3 60cm dish .wheneve i connect the wire from the 3 dish to the disecq switch it continue to show lnbf.but if i connect any one alone out of the three it will be showing
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 4:18am On Apr 28, 2013
charleya: pls help i have 3 60cm dish .wheneve i connect the wire from the 3 dish to the disecq switch it continue to show lnbf.but if i connect any one alone out of the three it will be showing
that mean the inner core wire is touching the outer mesh in one of wire from the lnbs , try to connect each of d cable from lnb to the receiver to determine which them has that problem and check it to see where it has joined ,probabily at point of f connector
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 4:39am On Apr 28, 2013
swordswifter: @ all
Based some reports about Turksat 2A 3A, I did some tests later in the night. Found out the ff active frequencies but do not know which satellites they are on. Kindly run tests if you have a bigger dish and lets see what more we can find. They were noticed above Intelsat 28(ie as you move your dish up)
=>The 1st TP you'll hit is 11.087(H)/4.999. The satellite position is unknown
=>The 2nd batch of TP you'll hit from the first position is 11.946(V)/29.997 and 11.983(V)/30.000. This satellite position is unknown at the moment too
=>The 3rd TP you'll hit from the second position is 10.872(H)/19.627. This TP has 7 channel slots with one radio running via the TV channel and Lybia Watanaya running on another. The rest are all tests. Still, this satellite position is also not known
Assist us in getting all available satellites with footprints over our region under monitoring. Thanks.

Just curious Swordswifter: Turksat 42E is I think between Eutelsat 36 @36E and Intelsat 12 @ 45E, why were you searching between Astra 2f @28E and intelsat 28 (new dawn) @ 33E? Also are you able to share your method for searching for a sat when the TP is unknown?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 8:09am On Apr 28, 2013
Lunsat:

Just curious Swordswifter: Turksat 42E is I think between Eutelsat 36 @36E and Intelsat 12 @ 45E, why were you searching between Astra 2f @28E and intelsat 28 (new dawn) @ 33E? Also are you able to share your method for searching for a sat when the TP is unknown?

lol @ Lunsat
I was searching above Turksat 42E because so many satellites have been deployed now around that region and i wanted to store all the positions so i can scan them from time to time for any new channels that might be important to us here in West Africa and maybe the rest of Africa.
With regards to your second question, those who know my posts from RDI to Nairaland will remember that years back i developed this technique specifically because of this purpose. To track unknown satellites ( Ku satellites especially) even before actual official frequencies have been released. Unfortunately after all the hard work put into writing all those procedures and techniques, the information was deleted from that page(rdi-board after they upgraded) so i decided not to write up anything anymore. However if someone can give just a gist of what i wrote back them, i might right it again because lets face it, my efforts back then would have not been in vain. smiley
Anyway, if you put those frequencies in your receiver and track around the area i had stated in my previous post, i can bet you 100% they will pop up green. Especially the 3rd Tp, that has a channel or two on it and shows so much potential.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 9:01am On Apr 28, 2013
Ameboperoo:
Is this the same faith children I know at the other side?
no sir,if i may ask,wat other side,please do u have answer to my question
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 9:27am On Apr 28, 2013
swordswifter:

lol @ Lunsat
. . . . those who know my posts from RDI to Nairaland will remember that years back i developed this technique specifically because of this purpose. To track unknown satellites ( Ku satellites especially) even before actual official frequencies have been released. Unfortunately after all the hard work put into writing all those procedures and techniques, the information was deleted from that page(rdi-board after they upgraded) so i decided not to write up anything anymore. However if someone can give just a gist of what i wrote back them, . . . . .
@Sword,
well i quite agree with you ...but guys like me joined the board very late in time and such would not have been able to scavenge for such information grin (something i know how to do well wink wink wink )so for the sake of some of us ...i wish you could help out bro . . remember you have always been very good to me(much appreciate it always wink)

so please bro all help is needed.however if you still feel the same after all these . . i understand . . . embarassed

thanks for the info and good work here. .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by afope: 9:55am On Apr 28, 2013
Is any guru in fta installation in abuja area ( sunnyvalle / game village side) ? I need someone to help me scan my fta srt 4922a to get Top movies, CNN and any other movie channels for me. Am not good at this kinda thing. Pls call me on 08033726739. Thanks. I am willing to pay a token...... someone pls answer.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 10:29am On Apr 28, 2013
freshp:
@Sword,
well i quite agree with you ...but guys like me joined the board very late in time and such would not have been able to scavenge for such information grin (something i know how to do well wink wink wink )so for the sake of some of us ...i wish you could help out bro . . remember you have always been very good to me(much appreciate it always wink)

so please bro all help is needed.however if you still feel the same after all these . . i understand . . . embarassed

thanks for the info and good work here. .

smiley @ Freshp,
It's not very intentional but when you go through the stress of putting things together all for it to be taken away, it sometimes can be very depressing. I know my brother Kungu has also stopped posting and writing up educational posts just because of this. Anyway for your sake i'm going to summarize it. It is simply a method of tracking a satellite without an actual valid frequency but with any frequency input that falls within the valid range of an orbiting satellite's transmitting frequency range. I call it BLIND TRACKING.
I discovered the technique 6 - 7 years ago when i was trying to be the first to know what's on a newly launched satellite that had docked in space. All you need to know is that the suspected satellite you want to track has a footprint in your region(or in my case i don't even take note of that), a random frequency with good characteristics(which also falls within the satellite orbiting in space's frequency range) and a good responsive receiver that does not delay in responding to frequency changes. (Works best when you have a "well aligned" motorized dish but you can also try it on any other dish. It will be much more difficult though)
Let me know if you get this so far, i will continue later.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 10:31am On Apr 28, 2013
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 11:50am On Apr 28, 2013
afope: Is any guru in fta installation in abuja area ( sunnyvalle / game village side) ? I need someone to help me scan my fta srt 4922a to get Top movies, CNN and any other movie channels for me. Am not good at this kinda thing. Pls call me on 08033726739. Thanks. I am willing to pay a token...... someone pls answer.
our pal let be patient in getting our heart desires either token or bundles who want to help will help so ur token might not get u what u want but ur approach will offer u Best in that respect.regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (2352) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.