Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5441581 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 7:12pm On Jul 24, 2013
olenyi:

Don't mind him. Forgetting that @odilibe, because of his location, can't really help it, because if he should post his own exploits, it wouldn't tally with what we have here.

@odilibe, carry go brother. We appreciate the one's u can input.

Regards.
@Olenyi....thanks for the explanations..cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 7:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
George_D:

@odilibe,
Congrats for finally putting boots on FTA ground. At least this dispels all previous misconceptions about your being just a 'cut and paste' guru as someone wrongly accused some time ago. grin

Ok, now seriously, it looks like your findings seem to corroborate our earlier reports on the inverto red classic being the best among the pack. As for the Amiko needing a high speed connection, that is hardly surprising given the data intensive nature of satellite broadcasts.
@George...actually i tested five lnb(s)...on the three metre pan dish...focus lnb, inverto red classic , fuji extreme , inverto black pro c120..but non of the lnb delivered bbc cnn and euro news on nilesat 201 as of 4pm last monday..tracking time...but inverto black quad 0.2db lnb with cut feed horn ...beats them all on weaker signal delivered better signal on nilesat 201 i can watch bbc cnn etc.. although dish may be performing poorly..

As for for amiko alien 2...needing high speed internet for streaming web tv...VOD
etc..that is normal as streaming videos etc consumes lots of data ...
below is the picture of focus prime lnb used for testing

cheers

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jossyboy2580(m): 8:05pm On Jul 24, 2013
Thank u very much @ master olenyi and to al d masterz in here, kudos. Pls wat is the skew for each of dis, astra 2f, ew4,amos 5. Thanks..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jossyboy2580(m): 8:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
On d amos 5 Wil i also get d daarsat and infinity packages on my space dish. Pls am sorry 4 asking 2 many questions am a newbie dats y am scared f standing on my table and stil stretching for hours, tnx 4 ur undastanding
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 11:06pm On Jul 24, 2013
olenyi:

Guy wetin happen. Who come ban u, Pyguru? cheesy

Remember that my post about even our Oga at the top gets banned sometimes/his posts hidden? This was exactly why I posted that screenshot. So grin and bear it when it happens.

Or better still like I use to do, open an alternate account with ''SULIEMAN2'' so dat when dat one goes down, u continue with the alternate account until u finish serving ur sentence. grin

Regards.
Olenyi, good one from you.
actually i hv got an alternate account.
i faced the sentence immediately after i replied to a post posted by a member on "strong reciever thread" the guy was seeking for help in order to resolve the missing option that disappeared from his reciever. u know this has something to do with DARKSIDE. i thought that was the reason i got banned. untill when i thought back about your ealier well explained post, then i beared it as also oga at the top sometimes receives such sentence.
olenyi, Do have a good day. gud 9t.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 11:17pm On Jul 24, 2013
Jossyboy2580: On d amos 5 Wil i also get d daarsat and infinity packages on my space dish. Pls am sorry 4 asking 2 many questions am a newbie dats y am scared f standing on my table and stil stretching for hours, tnx 4 ur undastanding
Yes, do make sure u use mpeg4 receiver and your dish must align perfectly to 17 degree east. you can verify this if you have good signal on this tp 11884v27500 while this 11024h03333 is green.
cheers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jossyboy2580(m): 4:41am On Jul 25, 2013
SULIEMAN3: Yes, do make sure u use mpeg4 receiver and your dish must align perfectly to 17 degree east. you can verify this if you have good signal on this tp 11884v27500 while this 11024h03333 is green.
cheers.
thank u bros o.. And to oga olenyi both of u ve just given me a great gift. I learnt instalation with 5k and i was given tutorials only on ses 4 and intelsat 20, d rest is from u al n dis forum. A big thank u..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:01am On Jul 25, 2013
SULIEMAN3: Olenyi, good one from you.
i faced the sentence immediately after i replied to a post posted by a member on "strong reciever thread" the guy was seeking for help in order to resolve the missing option that disappeared from his reciever. u know this has something to do with DARKSIDE. i thought that was the reason i got banned. untill when i thought back about your ealier well explained post, then i beared it as also oga at the top sometimes receives such sentence.

Yes, the darkside could be a reason. Also some key words are pre-programmed into the spambot. So once u post any word dat matches those, u get banned instantly and ur post hidden.

When using ur alternate, find a way of letting us know so we know who we are dealing with.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 7:21am On Jul 25, 2013
Jossyboy2580: Thank u very much @ master olenyi and to al d masterz in here, kudos. Pls wat is the skew for each of dis, astra 2f, ew4,amos 5. Thanks..
SKEW does not the same on all installation, is only a guide to installation 5oclock might not applicable to ur set-up,just be adjusting the lnbf inch by inch when u are tracking.make sure u had a plumed installation b4 u begin tracking.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:27am On Jul 25, 2013
Jossyboy2580: Pls am sorry 4 asking 2 many questions am a newbie dats y am scared f standing on my table and stil stretching for hours, tnx 4 ur undastanding

Learn not to be scared. In FTA, just like in everything, no pain, no gain. Just take it as part of ur hubby and console/motivate urself with the thought of all the nice channels dat will be dancing on ur screen when u get what u are looking for. Example is our big brother @odilibe, coming back and instantly getting down to business.

Also dare urself most of the time, try doing those things u feel u can't do, are impossible. Just do ur calculations well and go ahead to do ur thing.

My warm regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 7:52am On Jul 25, 2013
olenyi:

Yes, the darkside could be a reason. Also some key words are pre-programmed into the spambot. So once u post any word dat matches those, u get banned instantly and ur post hidden.

When using ur alternate, find a way of letting us know so we know who we are dealing with.

Regards.
Yes, the alternate is very identical to the main account.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN2: 7:55am On Jul 25, 2013
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jossyboy2580(m): 8:12am On Jul 25, 2013
olenyi:

Learn not to be scared. In FTA, just like in everything, no pain, no gain. Just take it as part of ur hubby and console/motivate urself with the thought of all the nice channels dat will be dancing on ur screen when u get what u are looking for. Example is our big brother @odilibe, coming back and instantly getting down to business.

Also dare urself most of the time, try doing those things u feel u can't do, are impossible. Just do ur calculations well and go ahead to do ur thing.

My warm regards.
thank u very much bros.. Hiting next week after my putme.. Up fta. One last question. So i'l get both d east west beam and d central beam n amos, i ws thnkin nly 90cm could hit it. Pls dont be angry wit me o. I've so much troubld u guys.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 8:24am On Jul 25, 2013
odilibe: below is the picture of focus prime lnb used for testing

cheers

@Odilibe, great pictures. Just afew questions because I want to understand the meaning of this LNB cutting business better:

1. The LNB is the type for prime focus dishes and your dish is prime focus dish. I always believed the feedhorn is there to eliminate unwanted electromagenetic noise and improve signal reception. Your findings seem to suggest the opposite in that the LNB performance is actually better when the feedhorn is cut off.How can we explain this?

2. I know from experience that prime focus LNBs perform poorly on offset dishes. Have you tried a cut prime focus LNB on an offset dish? if so what was the performance.

Any other gurus with experience can answer.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:38am On Jul 25, 2013
SULIEMAN3: Olenyi, good one from you.
Multiple posts can cause ban..if you use the submit button twice you get banned..when you make a post check if it has already been posted to the forum to avoid getting banned ...this normally occurs when your pc is slow...and when you are banned don't try to make a post until your ban expires or else you will receive multiple ban x2..depending on the time of posting...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:20am On Jul 25, 2013
Lunsat:

@Odilibe, great pictures. Just afew questions because I want to understand the meaning of this LNB cutting business better:

1. The LNB is the type for prime focus dishes and your dish is prime focus dish. I always believed the feedhorn is there to eliminate unwanted electromagenetic noise and improve signal reception. Your findings seem to suggest the opposite in that the LNB performance is actually better when the feedhorn is cut off.How can we explain this?

2. I know from experience that prime focus LNBs perform poorly on offset dishes. Have you tried a cut prime focus LNB on an offset dish? if so what was the performance.

Any other gurus with experience can answer.

@Lunsat ..i don't think there is such thing as prime focus lnb or offset lnb..it is only the feed-horn that does the trick..if it is modified to match the f/d ratio of a particular satellite antenna...for example inverto C120 lnb like the red classic or invacom C120 can be used on both offset or prime focus dish by just replacing it with a prime focus feed horn or offset feed-horn respectively...

1. cutting lnb with an offset feed-horn gives it a wider angle when used on a prime focus dish...but when used on an offset dish it will pick unwanted noises...

Lnb with offset feed-horn narrows the angle on a prime focus dish..this means it will see less of the dish..lol

2. l have used lnb with prime focus feed horn on offset dish /90cm..that was fuji prime focus lnb..but no signal cos it picked noises outside the dish...

I hope this helps...cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 12:10pm On Jul 25, 2013
@all..i may work on my mesh dish today...which mbc2 on w4 is it mbc2 uae? grin...

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2013
odilibe: @Lunsat ..i don't think there is such thing as prime focus lnb or offset lnb..it is only the feed-horn that does the trick..if it is modified to match the f/d ratio of a particular satellite antenna...for example inverto C120 lnb like the red classic or invacom C120 can be used on both offset or prime focus dish by just replacing it with a prime focus feed horn or offset feed-horn respectively...

1. cutting lnb with an offset feed-horn gives it a wider angle when used on a prime focus dish...but when used on an offset dish it will pick unwanted noises...

Lnb with offset feed-horn narrows the angle on a prime focus dish..this means it will see less of the dish..lol

2. l have used lnb with prime focus feed horn on offset dish /90cm..that was fuji prime focus lnb..but no signal cos it picked noises outside the dish...

I hope this helps...cheers

OK. Thanks. I think I get the idea.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 1:48pm On Jul 25, 2013
odilibe: @all..i may work on my mesh dish today...which mbc2 on w4 is it mbc2 uae? grin...

It must be very difficult working on dat dish considering the height. Must be really stressful. Just consider standing on a platform and needing to climb down to get ur 20'' spanner. And getting down again to pick up ur screwdriver or something else. grin.

But those don't deter us, does it?

Keep up the work.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2013
odilibe: @all..i may work on my mesh dish today...which mbc2 on w4 is it mbc2 uae? grin...
it may not be mbc2 uae and also the one there is non-english speaking.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Edox4(m): 3:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
I just came back 4rm skul nd found out that all d multitv chanels r no or bad signal,pls help me out
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 3:35pm On Jul 25, 2013
Edox4: I just came back 4rm skul nd found out that all d multitv chanels r no or bad signal,pls help me out
are you connecting to disecq? If yes, try checking the port disecq by changing it to another port on the disecq and thereafter do the corresponding setting to the disecq through "dish setting" on your receiver to verify the problem Because your disecq might be damaged without knowig it. Remember the multi tv t.p 12523v19531.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oshinmichael: 3:54pm On Jul 25, 2013
Pls i have strong 4663xii and a 60cm dish .pls how can i use it to track joytv?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
Oshinmichael: Pls i have strong 4663xii and a 60cm dish .pls how can i use it to track joytv?
you will not get what you want with 4663, you need mpeg4 receiver or you can go for HD receiver.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 4:22pm On Jul 25, 2013

Its MBC2 Mauritius.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oshinmichael: 5:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
SULIEMAN3: you will not get what you want with 4663, you need mpeg4 receiver or you can go for HD receiver.
is a mpeg4 receiver
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TOLULOPE13(m): 5:18pm On Jul 25, 2013
How can ℓ̊ make infinity signal stable on
my Strong Decoder 4669XII Box..
Plz,ℓ̊ need help Frm U̶̲̥̅̊‎ gurus in d House.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 8:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
Oshinmichael: is a mpeg4 receiver
yes, multi tv requires mpeg4 receiver.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Edox4(m): 4:21am On Jul 26, 2013
SULIEMAN3: are you connecting to disecq? If yes, try checking the port disecq by changing it to another port on the disecq and thereafter do the corresponding setting to the disecq through "dish setting" on your receiver to verify the problem Because your disecq might be damaged without knowig it. Remember the multi tv t.p 12523v19531.
thanks bro.still on astra 2ab or has it change
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 5:57am On Jul 26, 2013
Edox4: thanks bro.still on astra 2ab or has it change

Its still astra.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 6:01am On Jul 26, 2013
TOLULOPE 1: How can ℓ̊ make infinity signal stable on
my Strong Decoder 4669XII Box..
Plz,ℓ̊ need help Frm U̶̲̥̅̊‎ gurus in d House.

Before making the signal stable, make sure ur dish is well alighned and that its preferably a 90cm. Set ur OTA menu under installation to default. Then scan mytv stations on 12522. Switch if off and on it again and see if it would download the new software on its own.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 6:17am On Jul 26, 2013
Oshinmichael: Pls i have strong 4663xii and a 60cm dish .pls how can i use it to track joytv?

olenyi:

First of all couple the dish together (dis might be difficult except u look at ur neighbours already coupled own). Locate ur ''east'' from ur proposed dish mount point (making sure u have a clear line of sight to the horizon up to the sky). Mount ur dish (also looking at ur neighbours own for the exact mount setting)Then fix the metallic f connector at both ends of ur cable. Screw one end to the lnb at the front of the dish. Get an extension box to help bring ur ''mains'' to a point near ur mounted dish. bring out ur tv to the dish point and put it on. Connect ur receiver also to the extension box. Now screw on the other end of the cable to the point at the back panel of ur receiver labeled ''lnb input''. Connect the av wires and put it on also. (IT VERY IMPORTANT U FOLLOW THE SEQUENCE OF MY INSTRUCTIONS.)

press menu on the remote. Press ok. Enter 4 zero's for the pin and scroll down to manual scan. Press ok. Now using the right volume button, start scrolling through the satellites until u get ''astra 1N/2abd. When u get it, scroll down to frequency and using the left volume button now, start lookin for 12.5 something something. When u get it, scroll down to frequency, Press zero and select edit. Enter 12.523. Scroll down to ''symbol rate'' and enter 19531. Change the ''polarization'' to ''v'' if its not so.

Phew!!!!!

If u've gotten to this point, Then u're doing great. cheesy

Now go to ur dish. And standing at the back of the dish or hanging from a ladder, (and with ur eyes on the two red signal bars at the top right hand side of ur screen) and with ur lnb positioned in such a way dat the point which u screwed on the cable is at 4 o'clock assuming u have an imaginary clock in ur head. Start raising the dish slowing up, up , up until it's pointing to the sky still with ur eyes on the signal bar for when it will turn to green to indicate u've gotten a signal (remember it should be facing east). Bring it down slowly. Now shift the dish a tiny bit horizontally to the right. (remember u're at the back of the dish)

Take it up up up again and down. Right, up up up and down. Slowly. Keep at it until u hit green or until u get to ur south. If no green. Den start repeating the steps again but this time, shift horizontally to ur left.

When u hit green, adjust the dish a little to maximize the signal percentage and then tighten the 4 screws by the side of th dish and also the ones holding it to the pole arm all this while slowly and wit ur eyes on the signal so dat it doesn't go down.. When this is done, rotate the lnb a little clockwise and a little anticlockwise to get the best position for max signal and tighten.

Hmmm.... Tired now

We're almost dia.

When dis is done, press the ''ok'' button to scan. Afterwards, exit everything until it starts showing at the home screen.

Regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68