Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,196 members, 7,839,072 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5462735 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 1:40am On Sep 13, 2013
faithchild: pls where,because my dearler here in ondo is telling me 28k for 2.4m pan dish ,house say some,can i get for 23k
Dat is the price for 1.8m dish in lagos.2.4m dish is 20k.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 5:26am On Sep 13, 2013
Ogojohn: Is AIT still showing. Mine stop showing since Saturday evening. don't know if the fault is from my own side or a general fault. I need answers
more than AIT is showing...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hazard1759(m): 5:59am On Sep 13, 2013
Kingjames:

both of them are stable 24/7
pls wots ur signal strenght on mbc3 @ dstv position dat makes it stable?.....mine hs been crackn at nyt evn @ 61% signal.i'm usin a 2 in 1 setup on a 60cm dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 13, 2013
hazard1759: pls wots ur signal strenght on mbc3 @ dstv position dat makes it stable?.....mine hs been crackn at nyt evn @ 61% signal.i'm usin a 2 in 1 setup on a 60cm dish
guy i got channels
like ZTV,supersports 3,SS5Ni,max2,infat all
dstv channels etc,with 11883v27499 all are
scrambled.(ku band) is possible to unscramble it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 7:55am On Sep 13, 2013
miju: people of this forum please help me o! i've been out of lagos for a while. on my return, i switched on my 4922 hd box and it automatically did an OTA upgrade via mytv thus changing the display of the box. the alarming part is that my multitv which has a signal of 80 % displayed "no audio/video", i tried rescaning but i end up losing the channels on multitv yet i have signal of 80%., please house help me.
There is no cause for alarm. If you were receiving multi tv signal b4 with polarity H, try changing it to V to see if it works. As for the OTA download, leave it like that. It is ok.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 8:05am On Sep 13, 2013
hazard1759: pls wots ur signal strenght on mbc3 @ dstv position dat makes it stable?.....mine hs been crackn at nyt evn @ 61% signal.i'm usin a 2 in 1 setup on a 60cm dish
hazard1759: pls lets get this straight...ar u talkn abt d mbc3 on 36 degrees(dstv) or rodriguez tv(mbc3) on w3a?..its d one on dstv position dat cracks at nyt.
its been said countless times that you cannot control the cracking of mbc on 36deg even if boost ur signal to 98%, the problem is not the T.p nowander other channels on the same t.p r stable thru out. The problem is from the source (low signal).
Howeva u can can control the cracking of the mbc @ 7deg.thats the one i have been talkin about.
I repeat "AS @NOW YOU CANNOT CONTROL THE CRACKING OF MBC ON 36DEG"
Hope i have put it straight?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ponani: 8:13am On Sep 13, 2013
PLEASE AND PLEASE THIS MBC @ DSTV WHAT IS THE FREQ AND SR
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 8:14am On Sep 13, 2013
Pls is this 2.4m dish a ground mount? What is the brand(model) of this 2.4m dish? I want to check if I can this 2.4m dish on the Ghana markets. Because the last time I checked, 1.8m dish was the maximum Pan dish one can get in Ghana.
ganex: Dat is the price for 1.8m dish in lagos.2.4m dish is 20k.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ponani: 8:32am On Sep 13, 2013
Rextab:

its been said countless times that you cannot control the cracking of mbc on 36deg even if boost ur signal to 98%, the problem is not the T.p nowander other channels on the same t.p r stable thru out. The problem is from the source (low signal).
Howeva u can can control the cracking of the mbc @ 7deg.thats the one i have been talkin about.
I repeat "AS @NOW YOU CANNOT CONTROL THE CRACKING OF MBC ON 36DEG"
Hope i have put it straight?
PLEASE MAN GIVE ME THE FREQ AND SR FOR MBC 3 @36 DEGREE
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Remmyjex(m): 8:36am On Sep 13, 2013
Pls house how much is 4m dish in Anambra state?.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Remmyjex(m): 8:38am On Sep 13, 2013
ponani: PLEASE MAN GIVE ME THE FREQ AND SR FOR MBC 3 @36 DEGREE

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ogojohn(m): 8:58am On Sep 13, 2013
Remmyjex: Pls house how much is 4m dish in Anambra state?.
You will get 3m dish pan at 40k at ONITSHA or less depending on your bargaining power.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kibukila(m): 10:26am On Sep 13, 2013
Hello house,this has been asked several times but I need more clarification.What is the rationale of using a splitter instead of a dual Lnb in sharing one dish with 2 receivers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Remmyjex(m): 11:18am On Sep 13, 2013
Ogojohn: You will get 3m dish pan at 40k at ONITSHA or less depending on your bargaining power.
Thanks a lot.But can 3m get all jsc sports including HD at Onitsha?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hazard1759(m): 11:31am On Sep 13, 2013
ponani: PLEASE AND PLEASE THIS MBC @ DSTV WHAT IS THE FREQ AND SR
12279 H 11185
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 11:38am On Sep 13, 2013
kibukila: Hello house,this has been asked several times but I need more clarification.What is the rationale of using a splitter instead of a dual Lnb in sharing one dish with 2 receivers.

Its purely to do with cost caz a 2 way splitter is cheaper and you also run a single cable until you are close to the receivers then you split the signal than running two cables all the way from the lnb however a dual lnb is more effective than a splitter and obviously it comes with cost.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 12:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
ganex: Dat is the price for 1.8m dish in lagos.2.4m dish is 20k.

That was how much I got mine too.

Remain blessed
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hello house,this has been asked several times but I need more clarification.What is the rationale of using a splitter instead of a dual Lnb in sharing one dish with 2 receivers

Splitter needs only one decoder, Dual LNB needs two decoders.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 1:04pm On Sep 13, 2013
My fellow gurus, check what I did on my new 2.4m dish. The empty arrow shown represent where u can add another LNB to track Joy TV and W3a. Very close to that Joy Tv is DSTV. More to be added between today and tomorrow Saturday.

Remain blessed

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 1:47pm On Sep 13, 2013
Lunsat:

Is that so caz i have used these splitters in several households to connect pay tv decoders and free to air ones here in Zimbabwe.and they are still working quite well that is if you want to connect those decoders to a single tv.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 1:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
Pidzo:
and if you press 3030?

it also doesn't work 6108 is the master code of that receiver but the receiver has no patch for code edit so i need the software with code edit patch for wiztech 288-mpeg4.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by n9jaboy: 1:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
@ petfun4u; Nice work out there! its CNN, Fox Movies, BBC etc showing @ 7 degree W?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 1:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
Freddygaz:

Those channels are encrypted!

yes i also tracked the yesterday and all the channels on that tp are scrambled tho you can get some free on other tps like oromia, etiopia tv, allhura tv, voa and US State Department live Update feeds.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
petfun4u: My fellow gurus, check what I did on my new 2.4m dish. The empty arrow shown represent where u can add another LNB to track Joy TV and W3a. Very close to that Joy Tv is DSTV. More to be added between today and tomorrow Saturday.

Remain blessed
Weldone bro, good job. But u can maxmise this dish if u motorise it. Motorised 2.4m dish will give u more than 30 satellites(both ku and cband)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
n9jaboy: @ petfun4u; Nice work out there! its CNN, Fox Movies, BBC etc showing @ 7 degree W?

Very bright and clear my brother.

Remain blessed
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 2:44pm On Sep 13, 2013
Lunsat:

2way splitters can work with two receivers! I have used it and it works even on two different frequencies !use a satellite splitter not uhf/vhf /cable splitters!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 2:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
sammu:
Weldone bro, good job. But u can maxmise this dish if u motorise it. Motorised 2.4m dish will give u more than 30 satellites(both ku and cband)

Thanks my brother. I did not even think towards that direction. I shall surely work on that.

Remain blessed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jamesmac1(m): 3:18pm On Sep 13, 2013
amos 5 cband for kktv is 3553V2999 and 4 kuband is 11883v27499
R2bees1: no kktv o, but i got channels like ZTV,SS5Ni,max2,infat all dstv channels etc, all are scrambled.(ku band)
The frequencies for the 3 KKTV channels (Our TV, Megga Sports, Elijah TV) are correct. On Ku band it has joined all those French channels. If you are getting DSTV channels then your dish is in the wrong position. Move it from 36 East to Amos at 17 East.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 13, 2013
james_mac: amos 5 cband for kktv is 3553V2999 and 4 kuband is 11883v27499

The frequencies for the 3 KKTV channels (Our TV, Megga Sports, Elijah TV) are correct. On Ku band it has joined all those French channels. If you are getting DSTV channels then your dish is in the wrong position. Move it from 36 East to Amos at 17 East.

ok.. Mega sports?. Anything interesting from mega sports? Also can i unscramble any of the dstv channels?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
odilibe: 2way splitters can work with two receivers! I have used it and it works even on two different frequencies !use a satellite splitter not uhf/vhf /cable splitters!
pls,will it work when d frequencies are on V & H polarity
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 5:41pm On Sep 13, 2013
sammu:
pls @sammu, l need ur mtn phone numba, kindly send to adesholaaderanti@gmail.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jacob2012(m): 6:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
petfun4u:

Thanks my brother. I did not even think towards that direction. I shall surely work on that.

Remain blessed.
i have a positioner, that am ready to give out. Pls if u need it get to me

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (2352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tivta(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.