Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5453213 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by larryenob(m): 9:31am On Oct 12, 2013
iykmora: .
just turn ur lnbf to 12 oclock n place the di E. horizontal n with dat freq. u re good to go
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by grafikii: 10:24am On Oct 12, 2013
larryenob: just turn ur lnbf to 12 oclock n place the di E. horizontal n with dat freq. u re good to go
When you people say 12 o clock or 8 o clock what do you mean, i have searched all over the net for answers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abdulo4real: 11:10am On Oct 12, 2013
grafikii:
When you people say 12 o clock or 8 o clock what do you mean, i have searched all over the net for answers
guy it means d position of your lnb in respect to time. lol! grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by wasman01(m): 11:39am On Oct 12, 2013
ganex: pls respond to d questions above @WASMAN
@adewunmis, akinsola118 and ganex, i resided at Ijoko_ Songo, Ogun State, when i was tracking the bird i upload the all pics starting from the making of my LMB till the dish setup, just try to learn how to read, go back to previous post you see them there. and now that i have repainted my dish, with silver colour i gain 3% signals, thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by wasman01(m): 11:42am On Oct 12, 2013
zobo-i-zee:
Pls guys, how much is strong 4930LX HD in Alaba.
everytime same question, but i know that Alaba is not far
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by wasman01(m): 11:45am On Oct 12, 2013
iykmora: I tried tracking IRIB by first inputin 4055H27500 but no show. I used 1m dish offset. Pls i dnt knw if i should remove d scalar ring in d set-up below...also does d skew matter in d trackin TP above? Also i will lyk to knw d approximate direction of arabsat 20E wit reference to either dstv, amos5 or any other sat. I hope i did not ask too much question. Thanks a lot!
remove the plate first, the track from Amos5, and bring it down a little bityo your left hand side while standing at the back of your dish, make sure the dish is clean
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tayokay: 12:16pm On Oct 12, 2013
@wasman 01, try to respond to all questions. Just want to know ur daily signal level and how stable is it? Regards
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 12:58pm On Oct 12, 2013
All d mails has been replied...check...pls! Let ur questions be well defined pls...tanxs
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 1:00pm On Oct 12, 2013
Tunisia ball on IRIB today...check tunisia stations... Tanxs
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 1:12pm On Oct 12, 2013
Pls r u saying, Irib go show the Tunisia match?
IT4ALL: Tunisia ball on IRIB today...check tunisia stations... Tanxs
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 1:56pm On Oct 12, 2013
odilibe: I have only tracked this sat with 2.4m/mesh dish....i am not sure of 1.8m..but you may have a chance on this sat, tracking with ethiopia media TP.
I'm grateful.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 2:27pm On Oct 12, 2013
@ all my southern african gurus,sory 4 taking th thread backwards.am tryng to nail amos 5/w3c bt i hav failed since morning.am gettng astra 2f.where am i going wrong? Plz help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by purplekayc(m): 2:32pm On Oct 12, 2013
gurus am havin problems viewing the following channels which i was enjoying b4 :faaji,al jazeera, berekete,CNN,yomiyomi,what could be the problems embarassed embarassed embarassed??
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by purplekayc(m): 2:57pm On Oct 12, 2013
gurus am havin problems viewing the following channels which i was enjoying b4 :faaji,al jazeera, berekete,CNN,yomiyomi,what could be the problems ??
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2013
zobo-i-zee:
Pls guys, how much is strong 4930LX HD in Alaba.
The strong srt4930lx is not yet out,it will.be out soon,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mfumu(m): 3:48pm On Oct 12, 2013
etcwest: @ all my southern african gurus,sory 4 taking th thread backwards.am tryng to nail amos 5/w3c bt i hav failed since morning.am gettng astra 2f.where am i going wrong? Plz help

Bro move a little bit to ur left while ur elevation being going down, amos5/w3c so simpler than astra2f here in southern region
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by rapthugx(m): 3:52pm On Oct 12, 2013
iykmora: I tried tracking IRIB by first
inputin 4055H27500 but no show. I used
1m dish offset. Pls i dnt knw if i should
remove d scalar ring in d set-up below...also
does d skew matter in d trackin TP above?
Also i will lyk to knw d approximate direction
of arabsat 20E wit reference to either dstv,
amos5 or any other sat. I hope i did not ask
too much question. Thanks a lot!
wasman01: remove the plate first, the track from Amos5, and bring it down a little bityo your left hand side while standing at the back of your dish, make sure the dish is clean
Which plate do u want him to remove, the di electric plate or the scalar ring? It is good to help out, but we should be sure of the help we are rendering!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 3:54pm On Oct 12, 2013
Mfumu:

Bro move a little bit to ur left while ur elevation being going down, amos5/w3c so simpler than astra2f here in southern region
thanx a mfumu wethu.u mean left while am behind th dish?wat is th strongest t.p?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2013
purplekayc: gurus am havin problems viewing the following channels which i was enjoying b4 :faaji,al jazeera, berekete,CNN,yomiyomi,what could be the problems embarassed embarassed embarassed??
they are paid per veiw now under Daar-sat banquets!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2013
Di electric plate I suppose. NB:The scalar ring is just to hold the LNB on a prime focus dish. It doesn't add anything to the work of the LNB. He can remove that scalar ring, because it doesn't make sense to use it while the LNB is on an offset dish. CONICAL scalar ring is the one which we use to boost the performance of the LNB but not the scalar ring which comes with the strong LNB. So
rapthugx:

Which plate do u want him to remove, the di electric plate or the scalar ring? It is good to help out, but we should be sure of the help we are rendering!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by wasman01(m): 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
Boadu: Di electric plate I suppose. NB:The scalar ring is just to hold the LNB on a prime focus dish. It doesn't add anything to the work of the LNB. He can remove that scalar ring, because it doesn't make sense to use it while the LNB is on an offset dish. CONICAL scalar ring is the one which we use to boost the performance of the LNB but not the scalar ring which comes with the strong LNB. So
thanks OGA Boadu, for lifting the heavy load from my neck
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 8:51pm On Oct 12, 2013
It's my pleasure
wasman01: thanks OGA Boadu, for lifting the heavy load from my neck
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by wasman01(m): 9:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
tayokay: @wasman 01, try to respond to all questions. Just want to know ur daily signal level and how stable is it? Regards
first of all if you check all the pics that i posted you will see that 1. i heat the LNB holder so the the rubber will be soft. 2. i placed the holder on the bodey of the C band LNB to achieve the actual size. 3. i cut a soft plastice rubber to make the Holder to then application of screw on both sides. 4. I attached it to my 1m dish for tracking. I got Aljezeera package and some stations on Badr , but my IRIB package signals are very weak, 33%, the stations just blank no pics and audio, one of my Oga (FAITHCHILD) now tell me to change the polarization and make sure the dish is cleaned, and i decided to paint my dish a silver colour, and the i move the dielectric plate backward, and i got 68% on IRIB package and 72-74% on Aljazeera, what i notice it that IF YOUR DISC IS ON THE GROUND THE SIGNALS MAY BE VERY BUT TRY TO MOUNT YOUR DISH ON A HIHG PLACE. i do experience little cracking in day time but from 6:30pm they comes up very vell
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by RapidBTSNG: 9:04pm On Oct 12, 2013
..::.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by wasman01(m): 9:12pm On Oct 12, 2013
RapidBTSNG: ..::.
watin we wan take am do
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 10:27pm On Oct 12, 2013
larryenob: just turn ur lnbf to 12 oclock n place the di E. horizontal n with dat freq. u re good to go
thanks.
wasman01: remove the plate first, the track from Amos5, and bring it down a little bityo your left hand side while standing at the back of your dish, make sure the dish is clean
thanks bro. D dish is clean. Progress negative. Will keep trying. @all grazie!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 11:43pm On Oct 12, 2013
wasman01: first of all if you check all the pics that i posted you will see that 1. i heat the LNB holder so the the rubber will be soft. 2. i placed the holder on the bodey of the C band LNB to achieve the actual size. 3. i cut a soft plastice rubber to make the Holder to then application of screw on both sides. 4. I attached it to my 1m dish for tracking. I got Aljezeera package and some stations on Badr , but my IRIB package signals are very weak, 33%, the stations just blank no pics and audio, one of my Oga (FAITHCHILD) now tell me to change the polarization and make sure the dish is cleaned, and i decided to paint my dish a silver colour, and the i move the dielectric plate backward, and i got 68% on IRIB package and 72-74% on Aljazeera, what i notice it that IF YOUR DISC IS ON THE GROUND THE SIGNALS MAY BE VERY BUT TRY TO MOUNT YOUR DISH ON A HIHG PLACE. i do experience little cracking in day time but from 6:30pm they comes up very vell
im not oga o,anyway,im happy for u,dat makes me glad dat i can asssist you.did use the feed horn,dat round plate,dat comes with d lnb,and wat brand of strong decoder are u using,for d benefit of those dat want to,your.location again,
this will encourage dem.to.try,no harm.in trying,it makes u a beta person,one love
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 13, 2013
pls i want the latest mbc3 or setanta tp
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 12:33am On Oct 13, 2013
wasman01: @adewunmis, akinsola118 and ganex, i resided at Ijoko_ Songo, Ogun State, when i was tracking the bird i upload the all pics starting from the making of my LMB till the dish setup, just try to learn how to read, go back to previous post you see them there. and now that i have repainted my dish, with silver colour i gain 3% signals, thanks

Hope your lnd won't get fried by the reflected hot beams from the sun with time considering your choice of a very reflective paint color?

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ziano: 5:41am On Oct 13, 2013
purplekayc: gurus am havin problems viewing the following channels which i was enjoying b4 :faaji,al jazeera, berekete,CNN,yomiyomi,what could be the problems ??
who will pay for those unstable channels, what about other AIT packages on it, are they still On or they are gone too, How many or which of their channels are u able to watch now?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 6:21am On Oct 13, 2013

For you to get signal on that dish you must get the focal point right.try and pull out the lnb and allow the throat of the lnb to rim with the scalar ring.

The scalar ring only prevent the lnb from picking terrestrial noise .which can have side effect on signal performance.
Goodluck and keep tracking.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 6:33am On Oct 13, 2013
obnelly:

For you to get signal on that dish you must get the focal point right.try and pull out the lnb and allow the throat of the lnb to rim with the scalar ring.

The scalar ring only prevent the lnb from picking terrestrial noise .which can have side effect on signal performance.
Goodluck and keep tracking.
observed sir, i will send you a mail or are you on whatzapp?

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (2351) (Reply)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62