Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,958 members, 7,852,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:22 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5476945 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by goodieuzo: 3:00pm On Nov 24, 2013
sammu:
u have to setup the diseqc switch at the dish setting click on diseqc 1.0 if using 4ways and 1.1 if using 6ways and above. Now select the port corresponding to the port on ur diseqc. For example, if u put the ku lnb on port 1. U go to dish setting and switch on the diseqc on port 1 for the particular ku sat. Save and exit. Do same for the c band sat/lnb.
that is what i did.i notice that my c-band lnbf can only work with one ku-band lnbf if coonected to diseqc swith.if i connect an c-band lnbf and two ku band lnbf,the signal disappears.i tested pauxis,and strong diseqc still the same.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 3:19pm On Nov 24, 2013
what type of receiver are u usiing@goodi
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 3:29pm On Nov 24, 2013
sammu:
depends on ur location. Here in lagos, it is about 2k @alaba mkt
bro pls dont be angry? U mean the jack(pix below) is 2K? One guy dat repairs sattelite here say i shud get a new one for 7k...
Please check d pix below.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bowofola213: 3:35pm On Nov 24, 2013
naijaobi:
bro pls dont be angry? U mean the jack(pix below) is 2K? One guy dat repairs sattelite here say i shud get a new one for 7k...
here in ilorin i bought my own 2300 but general price is 2500
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2013
Bowofola213: here in ilorin i bought my own 2300 but general price is 2500
ok..thanks..is there any particular size to buy or are all jacks of d same size?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ogojohn(m): 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2013
Bowofola213: here in ilorin i bought my own 2300 but general price is 2500
Which capacity. They have capacity load and so is the prices. There are heavy duty and light weight jacks. so make your choice
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by segunfms(m): 4:23pm On Nov 24, 2013
@all

What is the minimum dish for irib tv in lagos?

Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 5:40pm On Nov 24, 2013
naijaobi:
yes that is 24 inch jack and costs less than 2k as i mentioned earlier. Where are u located ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by wasman01(m): 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2013
plz house, i want to buy Al jezeera card, i want to know if it will open Abu Dhabi package too. My regards
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 6:21pm On Nov 24, 2013
sammu:
yes that is 24 inch jack and costs less than 2k as i mentioned earlier. Where are u located ?
enugu.. Please wot size will be ok for 2.5m mesh dish(net).?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by goodieuzo: 7:15pm On Nov 24, 2013
[quote author=sammu]what type of receiver are u usiing@goodi[/quote
am using srt4922a
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Okaakoko(m): 8:24pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ogojohn: fox news and fox business channels free on amos 5 ku
fox business is the only free one here, all others are scrambled
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 9:33pm On Nov 24, 2013
naijaobi:
enugu.. Please wot size will be ok for 2.5m mesh dish(net).?

Go to old park, by holy ghost/railway line and ask of ''SAT 3G's'' shop.

You should get the jack for between 2300k and 2500k.

Just tell them to give you a jack.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by oji21unisat: 11:13pm On Nov 24, 2013
olenyi:

Regards.
pls my elders, my 4669z stop working during eve / liv match desplay no signa on tv and LNBF on stb front light what shuld be the problem?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 11:14pm On Nov 24, 2013
olenyi:

Regards.
wow..thanks bro
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by wasman01(m): 5:32am On Nov 25, 2013
oji21unisat: pls my elders, my 4669z stop working during eve / liv match desplay no signa on tv and LNBF on stb front light what shuld be the problem?
Check d cable 4rm ur stb to LMBF, if it's d same think, re-cut d cable and re-fix d F connectors or change d wire totally

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by wasman01(m): 5:40am On Nov 25, 2013
plz house, i want to buy Al jezeera card, i want to know if it will open Abu Dhabi package too. My regards
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by deepsea: 7:04am On Nov 25, 2013
wasman01: plz house, i want to buy Al jezeera card, i want to know if it will open Abu Dhabi package too. My regards
jsc card opens jsc channels only, for abu dhabi package you need their ADMC card and a humax reciever.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by oji21unisat: 7:06am On Nov 25, 2013
oji21unisat: pls my elders, my 4669z stop working during eve / liv match desplay no signa on tv and LNBF on stb front light what shuld be the problem?
Thanks 4reply but i try another 4922a on the same connection and it was ok and the 4669z without connecting to LNB is stil display LNBF and refuse to respone to remote
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akinsola118: 7:37am On Nov 25, 2013
plzzzzzz guys i need the tp for dstv full package.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by deepsea: 8:15am On Nov 25, 2013
akinsola118: plzzzzzz guys i need the tp for dstv full package.
go to lyngsat or flysat.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abuqatada: 8:33am On Nov 25, 2013
odilibe: ..............

Hi,
Can it use modem for internet connection?
If yes how much does it consume or will i be forced to subscribe to unlimited data plan?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ucheo: 8:49am On Nov 25, 2013
I now have IRIB in my haux in Abakaliki. In the spirit of Nairaland. I say a big thank you to OGOJOHN for all the stress and helping me out. I appreciate. I will not be envying all the IRIB updates again. Kai
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 25, 2013
ucheo: I now have IRIB in my haux in Abakaliki. In the spirit of Nairaland. I say a big thank you to OGOJOHN for all the stress and helping me out. I appreciate. I will not be envying all the IRIB updates again. Kai
ur dish size? I dey ogoja rd chukwu str
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ogojohn(m): 10:42am On Nov 25, 2013
ucheo: I now have IRIB in my haux in Abakaliki. In the spirit of Nairaland. I say a big thank you to OGOJOHN for all the stress and helping me out. I appreciate. I will not be envying all the IRIB updates again. Kai
@UCHEO. Thanks for your recommendation. IRIB is the place to be. whether you are in Abakaliki or ENUGU or ONITSHA. it is live. pm @ogojohn2@gmail.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akinsola118: 11:12am On Nov 25, 2013
plzzzz i need d tp for dstv full package.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abdulo4real: 11:31am On Nov 25, 2013
akinsola118: plzzzz i need d tp for dstv full package.
google it now!!!!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by JamalR(m): 3:06pm On Nov 25, 2013
ur dish size and total things u used and the price pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ucheo: 5:34pm On Nov 25, 2013
r2bees i dey udemezue. holla me icgoldenfish@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bisan20: 6:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
can any1 in d houz kindly assist me with detail descriptn on how u can nail Ses 4 and Amos 5 2gether on a single 90cm dish....jus wnt no my reference point,which sat is primary,where d dish will face,freq detail etc
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 11:41pm On Nov 25, 2013
what is the meaning of IRIB, is it tv channel or what
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 11:56pm On Nov 25, 2013
graphicicon: what is the meaning of IRIB, is it tv channel or what
na babe ooo... Call her and pay wela, she go visit ur house sharply.. cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (2352) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.