Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,701 members, 7,837,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (686) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5461454 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 5:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
@blex and other gurus, at times my 4922HD decoder will not switch on for days but flash 8 and may start switching on thereafter which baffles my wife alot and myself,
Any solution.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 5:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
@blex and other gurus, at times my 4922HD decoder will not switch on for days but flash 8 and may start switching on thereafter which baffles my wife alot and myself,
Any solution please.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 5:19pm On Dec 15, 2014
blexxonmak:
@faithchild.I recommend 3m pan dish.
thank u for ur response.i got ur mail sorry i did not rely u i have been busy.i know u deal with quality dish making and customer satisfaction is wat u are after envy u.but that price u gave me is beyound me.i must confess to u my beloved brother.im looking at 30- 35k.i know its small but dat is wat have.u know i cannot go beyound my financial capabilty.i hope u understand.where i am in akure it is difficult to get 3m pan dish.even fairly use is difficult to get.except u can help me get one.within akure.or anybody in the house that want to dispose his 3m pan dish in akure.once again thank u.u have a kind heart.merry xmas in advance
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2014
ganex:
Any solution.
my beloved brother mine was like dat too.not 4922 mine was 4930 i had to take it back to where i bought it.the dearler send it back to strong office in abuja for repairs.i nly paid for transportation of #1000.i refused to give it to those road repairer who will keep giving u stories.this should be a lesson for those that intend buying 4922D.a member of this forum once said dat the ic get burnt easily.s before buying think.money no easy get ooo.talkless to waste
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 5:42pm On Dec 15, 2014
@ganex.Take the receiver to Strong Service Center nearest to you.

ganex:
Any solution please.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 5:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
faithchild:
pls guru n d house.can 2.4pan dish get hotbird in ondo state akure.if it can wat are d channels i can get.pls i need answers.u guys should not press d ignor button on me.i humbly ask d house
...from that your your location and for better reception you need!3.4m dish for Hotbird!easy TPs to receive are 11334(arqiva)/11804 (rai)/11355(sky Italia)/11747(du)/11373(mediaset)/11727/11766(rai)/11526(SRG SSR!open with key)/11488/12224/11317!
Hotbird track frequency is 11334H! other sky Italia transponders except 11355V are hard to receive! And 80% of Hotbird channels are scrambled and less of english channels!

Happy haunting! grin

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 5:53pm On Dec 15, 2014
@ganex.If your receiver is not older than 30 months,then it is still under warranty.In that case send it to Abuja.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by flashyberry: 6:21pm On Dec 15, 2014
faithchild:
pls guru n d house.can 2.4pan dish get hotbird in ondo state akure.if it can wat are d channels i can get.pls i need answers.u guys should not press d ignor button on me.i humbly ask d house
u can get hot bird!! Well as odibi said! For better reception use 3. Higher!!! Wll u can get it there ooo!! Byt myt nt get all stations!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 6:43pm On Dec 15, 2014
Thanks Blex and faithchild, for my mentor adviced same but suggested strong office @alaba.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by agkilis: 7:22pm On Dec 15, 2014
odilib,thr inverto lnb i have been crying about for months .am i been hated in this forum ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:06pm On Dec 15, 2014
agkilis:
odilib,thr inverto lnb i have been crying about for months .am i been hated in this forum ?
"no hating bro!!more patience"there is some travel delay! Rest assured you will get before end of January!but money first!I will let you know when to pay..if you still want it by then!

Cheers!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dreay01(m): 9:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
agkilis:
is anyone intrested in beINsport HD?
Eutelsat 7°w A 12245 v 27500,you will get lots of it here

@ agkilis, wh@ is the dish size?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 11:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
flashyberry:
u can get hot bird!! Well as odibi said! For better reception use 3. Higher!!! Wll u can get it there ooo!! Byt myt nt get all stations!
thanks oga odilibe and all.since hotbird is 80% scramble and since i dont deal with the darkside .i think i should focus on nilesat 7° west.where i can get more free to air channels.i hope they have alot of english channels.gurus in d house ur advice is needed.thank and GOD bless u all
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 12:34am On Dec 16, 2014
@ganex.Strong Alaba?No way!Send it to Abuja.At the very worst,they will fix a new mother-board up for you.

ganex:
Thanks Blex and faithchild, for my mentor adviced same but suggested strong office @alaba.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 5:24am On Dec 16, 2014
olushaggy:
Please house I noticed that for a while now ppl have stopped talking about this strong 4930L product. Please is there any interesting gist regarding this series?

I need attention here pls!!!

Please house I noticed that for a while now ppl have stopped talking about this strong 4930L product. Please is there any interesting gist regarding this series?[

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 7:08am On Dec 16, 2014
The question is how many of us are using 4930L.I mean why would I waste my time and money on 4930L when there are far better Linux boxes like Dreambox,Vu + (with quad core processor),etc,out there.

olushaggy:

I need attention here pls!!!
Please house I noticed that for a while now ppl have stopped talking about this strong 4930L product. Please is there any interesting gist regarding this series?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 16, 2014
ganex:
Any solution please.
is either ur lnb has gone bad or ur lnb port at d back of ur rx is faulty. Sign 8888 implies lnb related fault. So change ur lnb first n notice any change.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:41am On Dec 16, 2014
faithchild:
thanks oga odilibe and all.since hotbird is 80% scramble and since i dont deal with the darkside .i think i should focus on nilesat 7° west.where i can get more free to air channels.i hope they have alot of english channels.gurus in d house ur advice is needed.thank and GOD bless u all
..Yeah nilesat is the better option for fta!as usual you will get MBC movie package on 7west, some English channels like city7tv,CNN,pressTV,france24,BBC,aljazeera news,I FILM,bloomberg TV,mtv music mid-english!sometimes al oula under mbc package does English programmes, other transponder hosting nageo channel,gear one,Dubai sports 4 Arab! On 12226v27500 Are weak but it will be stronger when it will move to nilesat 201!if you have good 3m dish better still 3.2m or above you can point dish @7.3west and also focus on 7west to receive 12418H27500 ON eutelsat@7.3W for b4u movies( subtitled) ZEE living entertainment English! B4u India! Etc or 7.3west 12111H27500 Oman tv / Oman sports Hd

Cheers grin

5 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Freddygaz(m): 10:31am On Dec 16, 2014
odilibe:
..Yeah nilesat is the better option for fta!as usual you will get MBC movie package on 7west, some English channels like city7tv,CNN,pressTV,france24,BBC,aljazeera news,I FILM,bloomberg TV,mtv music mid-english!sometimes al oula under mbc package does English programmes, other transponder hosting nageo channel,gear one,Dubai sports 4 Arab! On 12226v27500 Are weak but it will be stronger when it will move to nilesat 201!if you have good 3m dish better still 3.2m or above you can point dish @7.3west and also focus on 7west to receive 12418H27500 ON eutelsat@7.3W for b4u movies( subtitled) ZEE living entertainment English! B4u India! Etc or 7.3west
12111H27500 Oman tv / Oman sports Hd
Cheers grin

Morn ...my quest for nailing Hot Bird came to a halt as I thought it may need a bigger dish as from 5M upwards to try an get the 40dbw beam that covers Middle East plus pan dishes have low efficiencies going down to 60% ...this means underutillised dish...

More to that getting a 380cm offset will push the efficiency to 70-75% and adding a subreflector to the system will kick it to 85% to max....fingers crossed grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 10:54am On Dec 16, 2014
I was @ the Electronics Market yesterday for the purpose of buying 4922A.Lo and behold all what I saw were fake (aki).The only guy that had the original was asking 15k. angry embarassed Guys beware of fake 4922A!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 11:09am On Dec 16, 2014
@Freddygaz.I've done extensive work on Cassegrain Reflector Design.Introduction of sub-reflector actually reduces the overall efficiency of the eflector due to

Freddygaz:
Morn ...my quest for nailing Hot Bird came to a halt as I thought it may need a bigger dish as from 5M upwards to try an get the 40dbw beam that covers Middle East plus pan dishes have low efficiencies going down to 60% ...this means underutillised dish...
More to that getting a 380cm offset will push the efficiency to 70-75% and adding a subreflector to the system will kick it to 85% to max....fingers crossed
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 11:14am On Dec 16, 2014
diffraction,spillover,blockage by the subreflector,etc.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 11:15am On Dec 16, 2014
Freddygaz:

Morn ...my quest for nailing Hot Bird came to a haltreet as I thought it may need a bigger dish as from 5M upwards to try an get the 40dbw beam that covers Middle East plus pan dishes have low efficiencies going down to 60% ...this means underutillised dish...

More to that getting a 380cm offset will push the efficiency to 70-75% and adding a subreflector to the system will kick it to 85% to max....fingers crossed grin grin
you are right!I think you may need something more than 5m prime focus dish for Hotbird! if I may predict @my location and from what I got from 13east! I need at least 4m dish for full Hotbird signals!since Hotbird 13D is a bit weaker!while 13C is stronger and 13B weak but a little bit stronger than 13D...

talking of offset dish with sub reflector! It will give more
efficiency than normally dish though dish should be designed for sub reflector! Like few weeks ago I used a flat surface that covers the center hole of my 1.8m as sub-reflector on my 80cm dish with my sky mini dish lnb! Dish pointed at 36east lnb faced reversed pointing at sub-reflector I hit 36east signal...that is satellite signal will hit the dish..and reflects to the subreflector and to lnb!if dish is designed for sub reflector! I would have got more gain from the dish!
Below is the pic of what I used as sub reflector on 80cm dish!
Cheers grin

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 11:41am On Dec 16, 2014
@Freddygaz.Total antenna efficiency = (Estimated dish efficiency)*(Sub-reflector efficiency).

i.e, ηT = ηant * ηsub

Hence a reduction on the normal estimated dish efficiency.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by goodieuzo: 11:50am On Dec 16, 2014
Please my fellow fta members help offer ideas to these thing that is bothering me.i find it difficult to get 4m dish in south south here.right now i allocated 10m potion of land for fta but the big dish i am seen is by one member that offered hand made fibre dish.i need 4m pan dish badly.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 2:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
ayolacz:
is either ur lnb has gone bad or ur lnb port at d back of ur rx is faulty. Sign 8888 implies lnb related fault. So change ur lnb first n notice any change.
The problem is power-related not LNB becos my 4969x delivers on same set-up.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 2:11pm On Dec 16, 2014
blexxonmak:
@ganex.Strong Alaba?No way!Send it to Abuja.At the very worst,they will fix a new mother-board up for you.
Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jahstech: 2:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
[size=32pt]Please anyone who has connected azsky to strong srt 4950 before should please help me out with the procedure, the thing seems to be connected to the decoder but it doesn't unscramble any channel, please help guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 3:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
hmmmmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 4:42pm On Dec 16, 2014
jahstech:
[size=32pt]Please anyone who has connected azsky to strong srt 4950 before should please help me out with the procedure, the thing seems to be connected to the decoder but it doesn't unscramble any channel, please help guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
Upgrade/downgrade to patch 302p.
On menu goto patch menu and change mode to twin protocol
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by versace400(m): 4:58pm On Dec 16, 2014
3.2m pan dish for sale in abeokuta
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 5:39pm On Dec 16, 2014
@all the network engineers, what is the meaning of Twin protocol and its function toward satellite broadcast and internet service, does it help in uplink and downlink, cos normal decoder can download but it cant upload, having twin protocol on a decoder does it means it can upload and download data?

(1) (2) (3) ... (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) ... (2352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.