Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,584 members, 7,861,774 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:09 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (947) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5489455 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by VITALYSTA(m): 10:20pm On Aug 01, 2015
Talenty:
My dear, it so annoying, I wanted to buy 3m offset dish from China online and I was told it's 900 dollars for a piece and it it will be a lot more cheaper if I'm buying in bulk. I don't know why our importers don't buy offset dishes.
I have never set my eyes on an offset dish 90cm more.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jay14(m): 11:13pm On Aug 01, 2015
4.4 metre fiber dish for sell in(ogba) Lagos,70k.08060749001.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 01, 2015
Talenty:
My dear, it so annoying, I wanted to buy 3m offset dish from China online and I was told it's 900 dollars for a piece and it it will be a lot more cheaper if I'm buying in bulk. I don't know why our importers don't buy offset dishes.
Sometimes I wonder if there is a deal between the payTV operators and the government preventing these importers from bringing in big dish. Have you wondered why you can't find imported dish above 2.4m in the market. Makes no sense
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 01, 2015
VITALYSTA:
I have never set my eyes on an offset dish 90cm more.
Same here except vsat
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yonderguy(m): 5:38am On Aug 02, 2015
FA community Shield between Chelsea vs Arsenal live on BBTV Channel 7 @3:00pm (GMT +1)

Thaicom 6 @78.5°E tp 3.827 H/V 04700

Thaicom 6 @78.5E tp 3.800 H/V 30000
FTA Viva!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by vicyear4us(m): 6:11am On Aug 02, 2015
Good morning my Oga's happy sunday, pls i need your assistance i have srt 4950hd which is not receive signal i have try my possible best but still not receive, pls what can i do to about it thank. FTA 4EVER
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 6:16am On Aug 02, 2015
Can't somebody answer me.Is OPTIMA SPORTS(c-band) @ 17'east still working?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 6:22am On Aug 02, 2015
vicyear4us:
Good morning my Oga's happy sunday, pls i need your assistance i have srt 4950hd which is not receive signal i have try my possible best but still not receive, pls what can i do to about it thank. FTA 4EVER
Is it in the process of dish tracking or you're using it for an already tracked dish.Let the house know,before any recommendation can be given.Because 4950hd is just like Qsat decoder somehow tricky.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by xnnalvin(m): 6:58am On Aug 02, 2015
xnnalvin:
helo brodas...my Lmb couldnt enter d scalar ring of ma dish pls wot should I do?cut or do anoda scalar ring
pls gurus I an ansa pls

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 7:26am On Aug 02, 2015
xnnalvin:

pls gurus I an ansa pls

You have 2 options first option neatly cut a side such that you can slot the lnb in by the side.
Option 2 construct another by replicating the same 3 legs but with diff diameter that your feedhorn can fit in.
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ainanimi: 7:36am On Aug 02, 2015
Cheny:

For Apstar 7,track with 4019 v 2222,4022 v 2961 or 4048 v 2448.
Good morning my fellow Fta gurus, pls what is d dish dize that can be use to track down this bird Apstar 7. I hav a 1.8meter pan and lots of other 90cm dish available to choose from and a 4.4m. Thnkx to you all for all this never ending reaserch on FTA. Long live FTA, long live nigeria, and Long live the Forum.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by xnnalvin(m): 8:06am On Aug 02, 2015
obnelly:

You have 2 options first option neatly cut a side such that you can slot the lnb in by the side.
Option 2 construct another by replicating the same 3 legs but with diff diameter that your feedhorn can fit in.
Goodluck
tenk u sir
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Slapel: 8:33am On Aug 02, 2015
pls dish size to track thaicom6 in nigeria..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 8:33am On Aug 02, 2015
eerekake:
Can't somebody answer me.Is OPTIMA SPORTS(c-band) @ 17'east still working?
Daarsat is not working so.......
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 8:46am On Aug 02, 2015
Obiagelli:

Sometimes I wonder if there is a deal between the payTV operators and the government preventing these importers from bringing in big dish. Have you wondered why you can't find imported dish above 2.4m in the market. Makes no sense
I think part of the reason is becus people was no longer patronizing d big dish that much, becus when I wanted to learn satellite installation I was not thought big dishes and C-Band all becaus they complain here in Benin that d. Business of C-Band and big dish don't move market again, then I came to find out that even d few that comes installers were just looking for opportunity to cut off customers head charging installation fee of up to 60k aba many customer run away and settle with dstv because majority of the people who had the money to buy this dish were change too high on installation fee, so many settle for dstv, and secondly every satellite seller don't buy goods and. Let it tie down they always need fast return becus the market is always changing, what is hot today can become kool tomorrow,the. Only way out is for our local fabricators to improve on dish manufacturing
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by fiscob2k(m): 8:48am On Aug 02, 2015
Arsenal vs Chelsea Community Shield, will TV3 on MultiTV showing the match?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ephy6774(m): 8:56am On Aug 02, 2015
fiscob2k:
Arsenal vs Chelsea Community Shield, will TV3 on MultiTV showing the match?
No
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 02, 2015
spartacus11:
I think part of the reason is becus people was no longer patronizing d big dish that much, becus when I wanted to learn satellite installation I was not thought big dishes and C-Band all becaus they complain here in Benin that d. Business of C-Band and big dish don't move market again, then I came to find out that even d few that comes installers were just looking for opportunity to cut off customers head charging installation fee of up to 60k aba many customer run away and settle with dstv because majority of the people who had the money to buy this dish were change too high on installation fee, so many settle for dstv, and secondly every satellite seller don't buy goods and. Let it tie down they always need fast return becus the market is always changing, what is hot today can become kool tomorrow,the. Only way out is for our local fabricators to improve on dish manufacturing
Good points, I hope local fabricators can venture into offset dishes too
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DrTee1(m): 8:56am On Aug 02, 2015
ephy6774:
No

I have a srt4672 strong decoder. I pay 900NGN subscription monthly yet TV3 and MBC 3 & 4 do not open. I barely have access to all this KanalD and sweet FTA that everyone is talking about.

Ngwanu, Emmaachile, any suggestions on what to install to blaze the FTA experience in this area?

I have dst* and Startimes but I hate having to subscribe maximally on two different pay tv. Startimes is the worst. One barely has any idea of whatever is showing. Their info b button doesn't work and they don't quote it on the screen like MBC does on mytv

Yonderguy:
FA community Shield between Chelsea vs Arsenal live on BBTV Channel 7 @3:00pm (GMT +1)

Thaicom 6 @78.5°E tp 3.827 H/V 04700

Thaicom 6 @78.5E tp 3.800 H/V 30000
FTA Viva!

Guy, would they also air the EPL eventually?

What gadgets would I need to install to get it in Ekiti - if they'll also show the EPL...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 8:57am On Aug 02, 2015
abohwun:
Daarsat is not working so.......
I didn't say Ku band i said C-band.Is a feed that shows Epl only one match on saturdays.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 9:17am On Aug 02, 2015
@spartacus11.
@Obiagelli.

You are spot on.

We have been around for over 20 years.Everything you need is available.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 9:23am On Aug 02, 2015
@Obiagelli.
It is so sad that mechanics,welders and all manner of people are venturing into dish fabrication.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 02, 2015
blexxonmak:
@spartacus11. You are spot on. @Obiagelli. We have been around for over 20 years.Everything you need is available.
You make offset dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 9:39am On Aug 02, 2015
@Obiagelli.
Everything you need -whether front-fed or offset-fed- is available on demand.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 02, 2015
blexxonmak:
@Obiagelli. Everything you need -whether front-fed or offset-fed- is available on demand.
Pm sent
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 02, 2015
blexxonmak:
@Obiagelli. Everything you need -whether front-fed or offset-fed- is available on demand.
Problem with Blexxonmak is his hidden prices. State your dish prices for all to see.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 02, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

Problem with Blexxonmak is his hidden prices. State your dish prices for all to see.
This makes sense, pictures too will help sell his products

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talibanis: 12:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

Gbam.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 1:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
Sure say this Thiacom 6 no go face down @ 73e?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 1:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
blexxonmak:
I like this, I think every local fabricator should be encouraged, and Bros u know our needs u can still look for a way to make it cheaper for us to afford
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 1:52pm On Aug 02, 2015
spartacus11:
I like this, I think every local fabricator should be encouraged, and Bros u know our needs u can still look for a way to make it cheaper for us to afford

Working on the way forward to hunting down foreign and home TV in Africa.
Details and update coming soon.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olason(m): 2:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
All, sometimes i keep tellin myself one day i will delete d two accounts i currently run on hotbird ad zap package on 36east. imagine with all d very best of sport, entertaiment and more and having close to 300 premium channels on d two birds mentioned above l still ended up breaking my jack trying to catch apstar at 76east which happens to have some free channels oo. You may want to ask what d hell am l looking for again? d zeal for free to air channels is jus overwhelming in my blood, dat i prefer to watch fta dan d ones am using account to open. kai!!! But God win ooo...while running d new jack...i stumbled upon some hd fta channels all in Hd!! i said ha!! God of fta has given me more stations to flex with...hummmmm. details shortly and details...jus imagin dubai 1hd, adsport1&2 . theres is nothing like fta. l felt relieved. and happy ..lets keep hunting pips..lets not allow d darkside to steal our passion. One luv

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) ... (2352) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.