Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:22 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (956) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5475894 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) (958) (959) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by agkilis: 5:03pm On Aug 07, 2015
Talenty:
I mean I have tried every thing discussed so far and couldn't get it. Ok
thats what happened to me yesterday here in south south with 1.8m there is nothing i didnt try,if there was another way to track it on a 1.8m that is hooked to irib,maybe on one of the bars or on the left side of the bar ,then it would have been better
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2015
@Talenty. Your dish mount,is it Ground or Pole mount?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 5:46pm On Aug 07, 2015
@agkilis. I can see where the problem is coming from.It seems you are having a multi lnb setup.??
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 6:06pm On Aug 07, 2015
blexxonmak:
@Talenty. Your dish mount,is it Ground or Pole mount?
Ground mount
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 6:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
LOVE NAIJA I NO GO LIE!!!

God Bless Nigeria!!! Na only for
Nigeria you fit win Aeroplane by loading #200 MTN Recharge Card.
Very soon Etisalat go say recharge N200 and win a big ship.
Then Airtel go com follow sey, recharge N100 and win Benin Republic. Glo go just kuku say... Recharge N500 and win Nigeria because their color na Green.

Na only for Nigeria you go see fish inside"MEATPIE"

Na only for Nigeria we dey count money after we withdraw am from ATM
because we no even trust ATM machines.

Na only for Nigeria PHCN dey say:- Win a brand new GENERATOR if you pay your light bill (wat a pity)

Na only for Naija people dey horn for
traffic light make e quick change from Red to Green.

Na only for Nigeria Pharmacy dey sell Coke, Recharge Card, Chin chin, Puff puff and beer.

Wetin you see for Naija, you no
fit see am anywhere in d world...Trust me.
Na only 4 naija you go find a graduate of Mechanical Engineering dey do him
NYSC 4 Police station.

na only 4 naija you go see one person
dey use Bold5, X3, Ipad2 and Nokia N8 all at once. You be Bill Gates? Abi na you invent internet?

Na only 4 naija you go see a graduate of law dey work as generator repairer.

Na only for Naija u go buy coke, dem go say make u no forget to return d bottle.

Na 4 only Naija, you go see mad-man dey control traffic, people wey their head correct dey obey...

Na 4 only Naija, you go see advert from native doctor on how to make quick money.

Na only for Naija u go wish somebody
'happy birthday', he go answer 'same to u'.

Na 4 Naija obituary poster dem go say "MAMA HAS RELOCATED" ..

I'm proud of dis my country we dey unik.
I take God beg u to SHARE dis message to reach every body to love dis nation

#ProudlyNaija

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by agkilis: 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2015
blexxonmak:
@agkilis. I can see where the problem is coming from.It seems you are having a multi lnb setup.??
yes but i removed all the setup and tracked lso 20 alone and still no show,its ground mount
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 7:04pm On Aug 07, 2015
If your dish is facing Arabsat (Irib) do a blindscan to check if Irib is back.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Graham4luv(m): 7:14pm On Aug 07, 2015
for music lover 4syte is back on 7°e tp 12604h30000 enjoy!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ksliman: 7:16pm On Aug 07, 2015
pls any one around kaduna receiving nilesat. if yes what is the size of the dish and lnb type
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by myforeigner: 8:32pm On Aug 07, 2015
Spy360:
If your dish is facing Arabsat (Irib) do a blindscan to check if Irib is back.

just did a blind scan @ Arabsat sat with my 3m mesh dish bt nothing came. bt i dont if its possible with my kind of dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by rapthugx(m): 10:20pm On Aug 07, 2015
Talenty:
Ground mount
If I get u right u are trying to get 68e with a ground mount prime focus dish? It is quite a herculean task cos ur dish needs 'go down' very well n issue of obstruction by building or trees is almost inevitable in such situation. I maybe wrong though. But I strongly believe pole mount is surely better in that situation.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dcole73: 11:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
Hello guys

I want to join the crew and enjoy watching free-to-air digital satellite stations. I need a decoder (receiver) that can receive signals from various satellites.

Which STRONG decoder model would you recommend?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ify4king(m): 11:54pm On Aug 07, 2015
dcole73:
Hello guys

I want to join the crew and enjoy watching free-to-air digital satellite stations. I need a decoder (receiver) that can receive signals from various satellites.

Which STRONG decoder model would you recommend?

Thanks in anticipation.
go for strong4922A or 4922D+
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dcole73: 11:57pm On Aug 07, 2015
thanks a bunch for your quick response.
4922A or 4922D+ noted.

i will look these up.

what about the 5022...... how good is it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala123: 3:07am On Aug 08, 2015
swing ur 1.8m dish to the azimuth (side to side as opposed to up and down elevation mvt of ur dish) angle from 87 to 97 degrees of your north, then with the dish practically facing the sky start bringing it up and down within that range to catch ur apstar.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Hayfeez(m): 5:38am On Aug 08, 2015
[qu undecidedote author=Ngr24 post=36679538]My dish installation in sokoto. Using Srt4922A+DiSEqC1.1, two dishes 1.8m and 60cm with 8 LNBs 5 of them on 1.8m for Nilesat, Eutelsat16, SES4, SES5, Eutelsat7 while 3 others LNB on 60cm dish for Astra 2F, Eutelsat36, and 42E(testing). There are over 2000 channels including FTA and scrambled. Here are few list.
BBCW, CCTVN, Aljazeera, Tvcnews,NTA int, CoreTv, JoyNews, France24, Africa24, inews24، RussiaToday, Euronews
=SPORT
Beinsportnews, saudi sport, Dubai sport, MBC Sport1,2,3&4, Dubaisport4, AD sports1&2, Gearone, Arriadia, Newworld sport.
=MOVIES
DubaiOne, MBC1,2,3,4, Action,Max,Bollywood, Zeeaflam, Joy prime, starmovies, Newworld cinema, Africawood, homebase, MuviAfrica, Africamovienet, Cineplus
=HAUSA
Arewa24, Tauraruwa, Rayuwa, Noma, Liberty, Wisal Hausa, Manara
=RELIGIOUS
Saudi Quran,Peacetv, sunna1,2&savanna, Africatv3, Afriky, Loveworld, Emmanuel,
=MUSIC
Wanasah, Musicplus, Ntv2, Boom, eatv, starmusic, cloudtv, 4syte
=DOCUMENTARY
Aljazeera Documentary, AD NatGeo, CCTV9, DW, NHKworld, VOA
=SHOPPING
Moneymart, A1shop, [/quote]

Please, can you give us the frequency tp, and how to easily track these satellites.

Also, how many port does your Disceq has??

Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ify4king(m): 7:10am On Aug 08, 2015
dcole73:
thanks a bunch for your quick response.
4922A or 4922D+ noted.

i will look these up.

what about the 5022...... how good is it?
5022? I hv not heard of or seen that model b4
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DandeKing(m): 7:38am On Aug 08, 2015
Cheny:

The tracking frequency and everything about IS 20 is stated from the start of this page downwards. It's very easy to track. If u can't go at it directly using 3739 h,first track Intelsat @ 64e (itv, star TV etc ) then remove the dielectric plate, input 3739 h 26597 and gradually lower ur dish and surely u will hit green, blindscan and u are good to go.

Pls Cheny, I have 1.8m strong dish and 4950 Strong Decoder and I'm base in Lagos. Is it possible to track this Intelsat 20(IS-20) with my equipment?
Thanks and God bless.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by agkilis: 7:40am On Aug 08, 2015
let's take a look at this,as you can see the middle of the dish can be seen.its not all that down if it were the lnb holder would have disrobed the view of the center of the dish.multiple setup

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 7:43am On Aug 08, 2015
rapthugx:
If I get u right u are trying to get 68e with a ground mount prime focus dish? It is quite a herculean task cos ur dish needs 'go down' very well n issue of obstruction by building or trees is almost inevitable in such situation. I maybe wrong though. But I strongly believe pole mount is surely better in that situation.
I thought as much, I have the sat on a 60cm, it should be an obstruction that is blocking it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 7:47am On Aug 08, 2015
Talenty:
I thought as much, I have IS20 ku on a 60cm, it should be an obstruction that is blocking it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cheny(m): 7:59am On Aug 08, 2015
DandeKing:

Pls Cheny, I have 1.8m strong dish and 4950 Strong Decoder and I'm base in Lagos. Is it possible to track this Intelsat 20(IS-20) with my equipment?
Thanks and God bless.
U can give it a try there in Lagos,Goodluck.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cheny(m): 8:09am On Aug 08, 2015
agkilis:
let's take a look at this,as you can see the middle of the dish can be seen.its not all that down if it were the lnb holder would have disrobed the view of the center of the dish.multiple setup
The location matters a lot, some sats that can't be gotten here in Nigeria (below our horizon )can be received in other places with ease. Any sat below 80e can't be easily received here but as u move eastwards on the worldmap it becomes easier to track.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:24am On Aug 08, 2015
clouds TV on eutelsat3b@3.1/3668V1546
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugasat(m): 9:08am On Aug 08, 2015
spartacus11:
LOVE NAIJA I NO GO LIE!!!

God Bless Nigeria!!! Na only for
Nigeria you fit win Aeroplane by loading #200 MTN Recharge Card.
Very soon Etisalat go say recharge N200 and win a big ship.
Then Airtel go com follow sey, recharge N100 and win Benin Republic. Glo go just kuku say... Recharge N500 and win Nigeria because their color na Green.

Na only for Nigeria you go see fish inside"MEATPIE"

Na only for Nigeria we dey count money after we withdraw am from ATM
because we no even trust ATM machines.

Na only for Nigeria PHCN dey say:- Win a brand new GENERATOR if you pay your light bill (wat a pity)

Na only for Naija people dey horn for
traffic light make e quick change from Red to Green.

Na only for Nigeria Pharmacy dey sell Coke, Recharge Card, Chin chin, Puff puff and beer.

Wetin you see for Naija, you no
fit see am anywhere in d world...Trust me.
Na only 4 naija you go find a graduate of Mechanical Engineering dey do him
NYSC 4 Police station.

na only 4 naija you go see one person
dey use Bold5, X3, Ipad2 and Nokia N8 all at once. You be Bill Gates? Abi na you invent internet?

Na only 4 naija you go see a graduate of law dey work as generator repairer.

Na only for Naija u go buy coke, dem go say make u no forget to return d bottle.

Na 4 only Naija, you go see mad-man dey control traffic, people wey their head correct dey obey...

Na 4 only Naija, you go see advert from native doctor on how to make quick money.

Na only for Naija u go wish somebody
'happy birthday', he go answer 'same to u'.

Na 4 Naija obituary poster dem go say "MAMA HAS RELOCATED" ..

I'm proud of dis my country we dey unik.
I take God beg u to SHARE dis message to reach every body to love dis nation

#ProudlyNaija

TRANSLATION PLEASE ? !!!!!!![color=#000099][/color]
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Malcomkelvin: 9:59am On Aug 08, 2015
Morning guys.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by VITALYSTA(m): 11:37am On Aug 08, 2015
Halla FTA
Guys please, if u want to track a satellite, how would you know how much cm or metres of dish u will need depending on ur location?
Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HAH: 12:18pm On Aug 08, 2015
Gurus in the house please my SS3N and SS5N on 12220 H. 27500 shows bad signal or service no available while all other channels on DST.. are ok

Can you tell me what to do to get it ok

Is this a general. Problem
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by greens(m): 2:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
In as much as I like this thread, everything you people are mentioning here sounds like mixture of French and German to me. NO CLUE AT ALL.

BUT yet I need help. I have 2 strong decoders at home. I want to use them to watch all DST. Stuff. Any hope?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 3:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
Live Everton Vs Watford Tv3 Ghana
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 3:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
@greens. No Hope.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) (958) (959) ... (2352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.