Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! (6863 Views)

Gunmen Kidnap Nasarawa Ex-deputy Governor, Gye-wado / Matters Arising: Wado City, Delta State, Nigeria / Buhari Will Name ‘warri Rail Station’ After Goodluck Jonathan – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Athemisia: 11:29am On May 13, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
You will surprised that the people behind all these ijaw and itsekiri are igbos trying to cause trouble between ijaw and itsekiri people.

Ss should be wearying of igbo people you people have
No igbo causing trouble here...
The wado city movement stated late last year so surprised it just getting to nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Thoh(m): 11:29am On May 13, 2022
Idiko1:

The bolded is absolute falsehood. Warri is Urhobo not even Itsekiri.

Igbo man this matter no concern South East.

So you can't tell who owns where.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Thoh(m): 11:31am On May 13, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Igbos are way larger than minority Ijaws in population, wealth & whatever both tribes may bring to Nigeria, good or bad.

In fact, it is an insult to put them in the same comparison sentence.

If not for Jonathan Goodluck, most Nigerians wouldn’t have known such a tribe exist.

Igbo's are nor larger than Ijaw truth be told.

Why haven't you guys use your false population figure and swallow Nigeria up already instead you kill fellow Igbo.
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Balogunodua(m): 11:31am On May 13, 2022
Thoh:

Coward Yoruba know that they are no match for Ijaw.

Opc was in Yoruba land.

Neutral ground dem no born una well.
All the land Ilaje and Arogbo fought on everybody knows their boundaries.

Arogbo IJAW burnt down over 20 of Ilaje villages.

You liar.

Coward Yoruba no b IJAW mate.

Lol cheesy

This fool does not even know anything about Ondo state cheesy the entire Arogbo was raised to the ground by Ilaje boys in the 1999 clash while all oil producing communities the Ijaw fought to take are still under Ilaje control grin grin No Ijaw can even try nonsense in Apoi while OPC Ilaje boys are using Ijaw boys around the sea side for target practice. otondo grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Igbodicool(m): 11:32am On May 13, 2022
Thoh:

You are foolish.
Igbo's are not larger than ijaw in population.
All these nonesense is because they unjustly balkanized Ijaw into six States when all Ijaw areas are fully together and share perfect boundaries with each other.

Hahaha hahaha
This one want to rub shoulder with Great Igbo Race...
From Biafra to Barbados to Equatorial Guinea to Haiti!
One of the greatest African tribe and a serious thorn in the Britain's fresh.

Focus on your tiny Ijaw and leave Igbo alone.
Delta Igbo alone can wipe out your Ijaw whatever.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by NOwazobia: 11:32am On May 13, 2022
Thoh:

Even you know that you are lying to yourself.

Keep quiet!! Even a blind man know that no tribe in Southern Nigeria can Withstand Ijaw in battle.

It is not an issue of tribe that cannot but tribe[b]s[/b] that have actually did the Ijaws shage.

I am talking in the past, not in the present.

The Ijaws have never won any war in Nigeria.

Sorry, that I burst you guys secret... grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Thoh(m): 11:32am On May 13, 2022
Thoh:

Itsekiri that was nearly wiped out of the face of the earth.
Tiny Itsekiri.

Itsekiri say Ogidgben or death

Ijaw say Ogbe-Ijoh or death that was what caused the fight and today the Warri Southwest LGA headquarters is Ogbe-Ijoh according to the words of Ijaw or else Itsekiri for end.

This shows who won.
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Bravetunde: 11:36am On May 13, 2022
godofuck231:
the last warning from opc no give ijaws sense , this time you guys will be bombed with eggs back to the Gambian coasts where the British UAC brought you guys from to fish in the niger delta , they even went to benin kingdom to drag with the oba of benin, the clown of ijaws in gheleghele should have waited for the oba of benin na, captain phillip did not meet with the ijaws he met with the benis in battle and died , these clowns now want trouble over lands they dont own , God go help una this time
When you mean opc do you mean afonja cowords.people that don't have one single streghntt.
Ijaws have killedd more than ten ritualisst in akws ibom.
If them born them well let them challenge.
Mind you there are 3 feared tribes in Nigeria.
Three.
Igbos,fulanis and ijaws.
These are the three feared tribes.
Big fish they talk even afonjas that are cowords too dey talk.
I'm ijaw and afonjas are our slavves and cowords

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Balogunodua(m): 11:36am On May 13, 2022
Thoh:

Itsekiri that was nearly wiped out of the face of the earth.
Tiny Itsekiri.

Itsekiri say Ogidgben or death

Ijaw say Ogbe-Ijoh or death that was what caused the fight and today the Warri Southwest LGA headquarters is Ogbe-Ijoh according to the words of Ijaw or else Itsekiri for end.

This shows who won.
Rubbish!!!
Itsekiri kicked your asses to the point were your leaders started accusing OPC and Ilaje of supporting the Itsekiri cheesy

The beating Ijaws received shocked them grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Bravetunde: 11:39am On May 13, 2022
Thoh:

Igbo's are nor larger than Ijaw truth be told.

Why haven't you guys use your false population figure and swallow Nigeria up already instead you kill fellow Igbo.
Liars igbos have more population than ijaws.if I talk true na,you will say I'm not ijaw.
But in reality igbos are the second largest be tribe in nigeria.apart from any indigenous people in anywhere in Nigeria,the next largest tribe is igbos.
Ijaws are the fourth largest after those derty stingin afonja cowords.
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Efewestern: 11:39am On May 13, 2022
scholes0:
All those Ijaw villages you are calling Warri are not Warri.. LMAO

The Waddo city advocates have some legit reasons for their agitation. The City of Warri is more or less in other LGAs other than the Warri South itself which we now regard as "OLD WARRI."

The modern city is in;
Uvwie
Okpe
Udu.

These three LGAs back then were of no much influence in the early 70's when the tussle of who owns Warri South was at its peak.

As we speak, the city is growing deeper and deeper into other Urhobo LGAs and might catch up with Ughelli South which is already happening (Places like Agbarho are gradually being integrated into the city).

This is a fact others don't know that the Wado city advocates are pushing. Left for me, I careless. More than 90% of the city are in my terrain, so why should I argue about a name?

LoL
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Athemisia: 11:40am On May 13, 2022
You claim to know history very but end up quoting sentimental ideology you've been fed with.
Your so called Itsekiri where the last to migrate to Delta.
Your culture is filled with borrowed elements from Yoruba, Benin and even Urhobo.

You claim to be the true owners of Warri but you don't have one complete local government area.

In that same Warri Ijaw and Urhobo both have Kings and kingdoms. How many of them pay rent to you?
emmadothings:
Before you rename anywhere in warri if u can and u know it's not possible for the following reasons:-
(1).U cannot be a landlord in a rented apartment ( so foolish because all the house documents and quotation expensis is with the owner.
(2). There are different documents before and after colonization that shows with the exact date and time that the urhobos and ijaws who came to iwere/warri are mostly slaves, fisher men and farmers ( read history not sentiment)
(3). Check! 98 percentage of Urhobo men and women that died are not buried in iwere/warri (why?)...the truth is that they know that they have no heritage here in iwere land.
(4). If an istekiri man purchased 200 acres of land in Asaba and won a contention case against some people who want to claim the land from him, does that make or give him (the istekiri man a kingdom or make him a citizen of that place?) Myopic and greedy people everywhere.
(5) All the clans that the Urhobos are claiming in warri are farmland that was rented and some given to loyal slaves so that their freedom will go with means to survive ( there are documents- I don't want to post any documents because they will still call it fake- just do research)
(6) in case u don't know ijaw are the owners of Nigeria ( dumb expansionist ideology).. no be me say make una dey born like sardines...u dey born pikin 20 children for one room and u dey claim say na una many pass for warri..
(7). Go and name ur Ughelli , Okpe, Uvwie, Udu and Effurun ur imaginary wado city while your top urhobo and ijaw leaders continue to use your myopic brains to make money from iwere land.
(cool Iwere/warri was designed by the itsekiri ancestors to accommodate all tribes in Nigeria and all over the world to trade and live in peace and harmony ( okro no dey big pass him owner)
(9).The name Iwere/Warri was ordained by God and he will continue to protect and prosper the itsekiri people the Lords of iwere land...
(10). The only recognized king in iwere/warri land is the Olu of Warri and it will remain so till the earth is no more.
(11). For the sake of those that are confused why the name iwere is been used interchangeably with warri ,know this . When the British first came to Warri they couldn't pronounce the name iwere so they currupted it to warri because warri was light and sharp to pronounce in thier tongue..
Iwere/warri refers to the inhabitance or the istekiri people who owns warri.( Ask Google)
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Thoh(m): 11:41am On May 13, 2022
Balogunodua:

Rubbish!!!
Itsekiri kicked your asses to the point were your leaders started accusing OPC and Ilaje of supporting the Itsekiri cheesy

Keep quiet!!! Your lies can move you no where.

The bone of contention was Warri South West LGA headquarters that they took to Ogidgben and Ijaw say if they don't bring it to Ijaw land all tiny Itsekiri will be totally wiped out Itsekiri say never!! Then the fight started.

And today the headquarters is in Ogbe-Ijoh before Ijaw rest or else Itsekiri for end.

Many Itsekiri villages were burned down by Ijaw.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Bravetunde: 11:41am On May 13, 2022
Balogunodua:

Rubbish!!!

Even yotrubas can't defeat ijaw talk more tiny itsekiris.
In the entire south,na ijaws get tools pass and spear head bad boys and millitancy.
Who be itsekiris were ijaw dey.
Ijaws have slaaughteredd more than ten ritualisst in akwaibom,let them cough and see how far.
Derty cowords and backstabbetrs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Thoh(m): 11:42am On May 13, 2022
Thoh:

The bone of contention was Warri South West LGA headquarters that they took to Ogidgben and Ijaw say if they don't bring it to Ijaw land all tiny Itsekiri will be totally wiped out Itsekiri say never!! Then the fight started.

And today the headquarters is in Ogbe-Ijoh before Ijaw rest or else Itsekiri for end.

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Balogunodua(m): 11:42am On May 13, 2022
NOwazobia:

That is true.

I knew of a tribe that almost wipe them off from one of their stolen villages, if not for the government that they called on who then send the military, they wouldn't be there by now.

What they usually do them attacking first, then call on the government where they have a representative that they are being attacked, because they fear reprisal a lot.

But even at that, they always go home with bloody nose... I have never seen a tribe that love war so much but lack battle experience.

Ijaws are terrible, especially as neighbours.

They heavily depend on their heavy weaponry which they usually purchase with stolen crude oil, but after one battle those weapons are taken from them by those who they are fighting.

Many times, the weapons used in engaging them are their very weapons they lose to the defending side.

Yes, they are merely hyperactive attackers that lacks knowledge and understanding.

Apart from the north that doesn't likes education, the other tribe is Ijaw. They have so much faith in bunkery.

I know them first hand.
They are weaklings cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Athemisia: 11:43am On May 13, 2022
Balogunodua:

Rubbish!!!

We talking about Delta State not ondo. So what are you saying here!? Or where you born today!?
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Thoh(m): 11:44am On May 13, 2022
Balogunodua:

You are mistaken Ijaw for your coward Yoruba tribe.
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Balogunodua(m): 11:45am On May 13, 2022
Thoh:

Ijaw lost all the battles and only resort to attack and varnish tactics...while the Itsekiri chased all Ijaw boys out of Evacardos grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by scholes0(m): 11:47am On May 13, 2022
Efewestern:

The Waddo city advocates have some legit reasons for their agitation. The City of Warri is more or less in other LGAs other than the Warri South itself which we now regard as "OLD WARRI."

The modern city is in;
Uvwie
Okpe
Udu.

These three LGAs back then were of no much influence in the early 70's when the tussle of who owns Warri South was at its peak.

As we speak, the city is growing deeper and deeper into other Urhobo LGAs and might catch up with Ughelli South which is already happening (Places like Agbarho are gradually being integrated into the city).

This is a fact others don't know that the Wado city advocates are pushing. Left for me, I careless. More than 90% of the city are in my terrain, so why should I argue about a name?

LoL

I am not against the concept of Wado city.... If the Urhobos feel like the Name Warri which belogs to the Itsekiri is disenfranchising to them, and they chose to rename their areas something else, it is all within their rights to do so.
At least with that, the issue between Urhobo and Itsekiri can actually start having clear nodes for resolution.

Na the ijaw issue gangan dey controversial.... Which was why I quoted that OP who is very likely Ijaw. Please what are the indigenous Ijaw towns in Warri South?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Thoh(m): 11:47am On May 13, 2022
Balogunodua:

One baba ibeji in Lagos that year in our area left home say in one go fight Arogbo Ijaw in Ondo with other Yoruba's.

In wife just born Twins but he was too stubborn.
He left there and travelled to Ondo State with other Yoruba's for Ijaw/Ilaje war.

He never came back home till today.

His children are even grown up.

He was killed.
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Balogunodua(m): 11:48am On May 13, 2022
Bravetunde:

Even yotrubas can't defeat ijaw talk more tiny itsekiris.
In the entire south,na ijaws get tools pass and spear head bad boys and millitancy.
Who be itsekiris were ijaw dey.
Ijaws have slaaughteredd more than ten ritualisst in akwaibom,let them cough and see how far.
Derty cowords and backstabbetrs
And yet they couldn't take back Apoi in Ondo or any oil producing community in Ilaje cheesy grin

Ikwerre chased them out of Portharcourt...OPC silenced them in Ajegunle...Ijaw don suffer grin grin
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Thoh(m): 11:49am On May 13, 2022
scholes0:

I am not against the concept of Wado city.
At least the issue between Urhobo and Itsekiri can actually start having clear nodes for resolution.

Na the ijaw issue gangan dey controversial.... Which was why I quoted that OP hwo is very likely Ijaw. Please what are the indigenous Ijaw areas in Warri South?

Bros Itsekiri does not share boundaries in their tiny group.

Them wan tear pass many ijaw territories to join Ogidgben, Ugborodo etc with Ode-Itsekiri and Koko etc.

Of which is impossible.
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Balogunodua(m): 11:50am On May 13, 2022
Thoh:

One baba ibeji in Lagos that year in our area left home say in one go fight Arogbo Ijaw in Ondo with other Yoruba's.

In wife just born Twins but he was too stubborn.
He left there and travelled to Ondo State with other Yoruba's for Ijaw/Ilaje war.

He never came back home till today.

His children are even grown up.

He was killed.
Fantasy in an empty brain grin
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Balogunodua(m): 11:51am On May 13, 2022
Thoh:

You are mistaken Ijaw for your coward Yoruba tribe.
Is that why Ijaws remain inconsequential in Nigeria grin
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Thoh(m): 11:51am On May 13, 2022
Balogunodua:

Fantasy in an empty brain grin

I am not like you who believe in lies.
He was staying in Ojo road in Lagos before.
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Balogunodua(m): 11:52am On May 13, 2022
Athemisia:

We talking about Delta State not ondo. So what are you saying here!? Or where you born today!?
Your brother brought Ondo in the discussion...go through the thread...
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Thoh(m): 11:52am On May 13, 2022
Balogunodua:

Is that why Ijaws remain inconsequential in Nigeria grin

Truth be told Yoruba's are not larger than Ijaw in population.

They don't cross creeks to our towns to know us more.

They only count Ijaw by proxy.

Only Egbema clan have over 350 villages and settlements under it (of which some part of it is in Warri North)

And Ijaw have 86 Clans.
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Balogunodua(m): 11:55am On May 13, 2022
Thoh:

I am not like you who believe in lies.
He was staying in Ojo road in Lagos before.
Yes....

I also know about 57 Ijaw men residing in Ajegunle who went to join their brothers during the Ilaje vs Ijaw war but never came back... so sad ohn grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Idiko1: 11:56am On May 13, 2022
Thoh:

Igbo man this matter no concern South East.

So you can't tell who owns where.

Shut up your putrid mouth. I am happy you wrote Igboman. I had worn it as a badge of honor anywhere in the world. Ijaw are tenants anywhere in the shithole called Nigeria. I guess you and Ijaw ilk should not piss off the landowners.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Thoh(m): 11:56am On May 13, 2022
Balogunodua:

And yet they couldn't take back Apoi in Ondo or any oil producing community in Ilaje cheesy grin

Ikwerre chased them out of Portharcourt...OPC silenced them in Ajegunle...Ijaw don suffer grin grin

Mumu till today half of Rivers State is owned by Ijaw even Port Harcourt South.

Yoruba's are coward.
We were even killing them in their village again.
During Opc/Ijaw fight in Lagos I was there with my family.
My father took us no where and if Yoruba did win IJAW so much as u claim I won't be alive today.

Yoruba's are cowards.
They cannot fight in neutral ground.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Don’t Despair, Tinubu’ll Remain True To His Promises, Ganduje Assures Nigerians / Farida Waziri Holds On To Official Cars & House Months After Sack / Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.