Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! (6862 Views)

Gunmen Kidnap Nasarawa Ex-deputy Governor, Gye-wado / Matters Arising: Wado City, Delta State, Nigeria / Buhari Will Name ‘warri Rail Station’ After Goodluck Jonathan – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Bravetunde: 11:58am On May 13, 2022
Balogunodua:

And yet they couldn't take back Apoi in Ondo or any oil producing community in Ilaje cheesy grin

Ikwerre chased them out of Portharcourt...OPC silenced them in Ajegunle...Ijaw don suffer grin grin
When did ikwere chase ijaws out of pH.
Ijaws in ondo are only a very small fraction,we are not terminators for a people who is not much in a state to fight millions but because of bravery ijaws there will still fight yorudfbas in ondo state.
There are three feared tribes in Nigeria that we all know.
The igbos,ijaws and fulanis.
Nobody is afraid of afonjas, highest you people can do is propagandaa.
Afonjas are cowords and fearr fearr slavves with no single streghntt.
Na today,we all know our selves.
Ijaws are badboys, millitants,rich,blessed, enjoying life.
Ijaws can compete with afonjas in anything, just name it.
Musically we get burnaboy.
Politics ijaws have ruled.
We are in about 9 states.
Just name it.
Tunda fia you coword,if you see ijaw man won't you pee in your pantt.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Balogunodua(m): 11:58am On May 13, 2022
Thoh:

Truth be told Yoruba's are not larger than Ijaw in population.

They don't cross creeks to our towns to know us more.

They only count Ijaw by proxy.

Only Egbema clan have over 350 villages and settlements under it (of which some part of it is in Warri North)

And Ijaw have 86 Clans.
Yes Ijaw are larger cheesy

Delusion is the word grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Ijoh(m): 11:58am On May 13, 2022
Balogunodua:

Yes....

I also know about 57 Ijaw men residing in Ajegunle who went to join their brothers during the Ilaje vs Ijaw war but never came back... so sad ohn grin

Liar.

Even you too know that you are a liar.
Ijaw don't bring men from city to fight war.

Ijaw bring men from creeks.

We have enough creeks.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Efewestern: 11:58am On May 13, 2022
scholes0:

I am not against the concept of Wado city.... If the Urhobos feel like the Name Warri which belogs to the Itsekiri is disenfranchising to them, and they chose to rename their areas something else, it is all within their rights to do so.
At least with that, the issue between Urhobo and Itsekiri can actually start having clear nodes for resolution.

Na the ijaw issue gangan dey controversial.... Which was why I quoted that OP who is very likely Ijaw. Please what are the indigenous Ijaw towns in Warri South?

You may have no problem with the Wado city tag but it raised some dust and I sincerely don't know why your cousins are fusing about it. I want to rename my ancestral land, why should that be a problem to anyone?

The Ijaws in Warri South only occupy Main market/Ogbeijoh market then the waterside.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Ijoh(m): 12:00pm On May 13, 2022
Thoh:
Warri is owned by three tribes.
The Ijaw, the Urhobo and Itsekiri.
Warri South West is owned by Ijaw and Itsekiri.

Warri North is owned by Ijaw and Itsekiri again.

Warri South is owned by Urhobo, Itsekiri and also Ijaw.

Itsekiri is the minority in the three warri LGAs.
All Itsekiri areas don't share boundaries.

Urhobo LGAs of Okpe, Uvwie, Udu, in addition to the Urhobo areas of Warri South are in Warri metropolis.

Urhobo have decided to rename their part of Warri as Wado City to differentiate their areas from the error done by Awolowo who changed the title Olu of Itsekiri to Olu of Warri.

Ijaws have Pere of Ogbe-Ijoh Warri.
Pere of Gbaramatu Warri
Pere of Isaba Warri
Pere of Egbema Warri
Pere of Diebiri Warri

All these are Ijaw clans with very many communities under each of them
Each of these five clans while standing on their own is bigger than the whole Itsekiri.

Ijaw still have different homogeneous LGAs in Delta state that are not of Warri 3 LGAs.

Itsekiri Olu rule only Itsekiri areas of which does not even share boundaries with each other.
Olu of Itsekiri changed by Awolowo to Olu of Warri have caused much problems in Warri.

Wado city is the new warri because many parts of the warri we all know are in Wado City.
Itsekiri is so little that not even one homogeneous LGA of their own they have

Most Ijaw parts of Warri are not in the main city.

Thank you.

You've said it all Binawei.
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Ijoh(m): 12:00pm On May 13, 2022
Efewestern:

You may have no problem with the Wado city tag but it raised some dust and I sincerely don't know why your cousins are fusing about it. I want to rename my ancestral land, why should that be a problem to anyone?

The Ijaws in Warri South only occupy Main market/Ogbeijoh market then the waterside.

You are correct.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Idiko1: 12:01pm On May 13, 2022
Thoh:

Igbo's are nor larger than Ijaw truth be told.

Why haven't you guys use your false population figure and swallow Nigeria up already instead you kill fellow Igbo.

Ijaw was not ethnicity 1900 and had no delineated area.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Balogunodua(m): 12:02pm On May 13, 2022
Bravetunde:

When did ikwere chase ijaws out of pH.
Ijaws in ondo are only a very small fraction,we are not terminators for a people who is not much in a state to fight millions but because of bravery ijaws there will still fight yorudfbas in ondo state.
There are three feared tribes in Nigeria that we all know.
The igbos,ijaws and fulanis.
Nobody is afraid of afonjas, highest you people can do is propagandaa.
Afonjas are cowords and fearr fearr slavves with no single streghntt.
Na today,we all know our selves.
Ijaws are badboys, millitants,rich,blessed, enjoying life.
Ijaws can compete with afonjas in anything, just name it.
Musically we get burnaboy.
Politics ijaws have ruled.
We are in about 9 states.
Just name it.
Tunda fia you coword,if you see ijaw man won't you pee in your pantt.
Kikikikiki... grin

Feared indeed cheesy

Ijaw are the poorest tribe in the south and that is fact not fiction grin compete in what way? pleasure list them I wan check somtin grin
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Ijoh(m): 12:04pm On May 13, 2022
Balogunodua:

Kikikikiki... grin

Feared indeed cheesy

Ijaw are the poorest tribe in the south and that is fact not fiction grin compete in what way? pleasure list them I wan check somtin grin

But we see Yoruba professional beggers everywhere in Yoruba land but you don't see Ijaw beggers even in Ijaw land.
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Idiko1: 12:04pm On May 13, 2022
Efewestern:

This is Ijaw's cultural place of Abode. In Igweocha, watersides are the places to find them before and during Nigeria's independence.
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Balogunodua(m): 12:05pm On May 13, 2022
Thoh:

Mumu till today half of Rivers State is owned by Ijaw even Port Harcourt South.

Yoruba's are coward.
We were even killing them in their village again.
During Opc/Ijaw fight in Lagos I was there with my family.
My father took us no where and if Yoruba did win IJAW so much as u claim I won't be alive today.

Yoruba's are cowards.
They cannot fight in neutral ground.
During world war 2 my parent and I were in Stalingrad if the German did drop bombs in Stalingrad then we won't be alive today cheesy

Delusional being grin
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Ijoh(m): 12:06pm On May 13, 2022
Idiko1:

This is Ijaw's cultural place of Abode. In Igweocha, watersides are the places to find them before and during Nigeria's independence.

There is nothing like Igweocha.

I'm Ijaw of Rivers
Kalabari to be precise from Buguma city.

Nothing like Igweocha.
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Efewestern: 12:09pm On May 13, 2022
emmadothings:
Before you rename anywhere in warri if u can and u know it's not possible for the following reasons:-
(1).U cannot be a landlord in a rented apartment ( so foolish because all the house documents and quotation expensis is with the owner.
(2). There are different documents before and after colonization that shows with the exact date and time that the urhobos and ijaws who came to iwere/warri are mostly slaves, fisher men and farmers ( read history not sentiment)
(3). Check! 98 percentage of Urhobo men and women that died are not buried in iwere/warri (why?)...the truth is that they know that they have no heritage here in iwere land.
(4). If an istekiri man purchased 200 acres of land in Asaba and won a contention case against some people who want to claim the land from him, does that make or give him (the istekiri man a kingdom or make him a citizen of that place?) Myopic and greedy people everywhere.
(5) All the clans that the Urhobos are claiming in warri are farmland that was rented and some given to loyal slaves so that their freedom will go with means to survive ( there are documents- I don't want to post any documents because they will still call it fake- just do research)
(6) in case u don't know ijaw are the owners of Nigeria ( dumb expansionist ideology).. no be me say make una dey born like sardines...u dey born pikin 20 children for one room and u dey claim say na una many pass for warri..
(7). Go and name ur Ughelli , Okpe, Uvwie, Udu and Effurun ur imaginary wado city while your top urhobo and ijaw leaders continue to use your myopic brains to make money from iwere land.
(cool Iwere/warri was designed by the itsekiri ancestors to accommodate all tribes in Nigeria and all over the world to trade and live in peace and harmony ( okro no dey big pass him owner)
(9).The name Iwere/Warri was ordained by God and he will continue to protect and prosper the itsekiri people the Lords of iwere land...
(10). The only recognized king in iwere/warri land is the Olu of Warri and it will remain so till the earth is no more.
(11). For the sake of those that are confused why the name iwere is been used interchangeably with warri ,know this . When the British first came to Warri they couldn't pronounce the name iwere so they currupted it to warri because warri was light and sharp to pronounce in thier tongue..
Iwere/warri refers to the inhabitance or the istekiri people who owns warri.( Ask Google)

We are talking about the city here. Not the warri creeks.

Where and where do you own in the city? Udu? Uvwie? Okpe?

And this your talk of slaves and migrants holds no water. Let's not go that road. Warri South is just a tiny part of the city.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by scholes0(m): 12:09pm On May 13, 2022
Efewestern:

Well there is no Ijaw settlements there... Ogbe Ijoh is not WS... Markets are not permanent settlements btw.
Yes it raised dust because it smacked of some level of insincerity... Ejiro had to bring it up days after the coronation of the new Olu and the massive recognition and national coverage accorded the Itsekiri. Are you saying it was in no way connected?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Thoh(m): 12:09pm On May 13, 2022
Balogunodua:

During world war 2 my parent and I were in Stalingrad if the German did drop bombs in Stalingrad then we won't be alive today cheesy

Delusional being grin

I was born in Christ Army Calabar Church Compound in Ajegunle 1993 and we stayed there till 2007 before coming home fully.

All my elder ones were born there too.
Father and mother didn't leave there.

We stayed there all through the Opc fight.

Opc no be IJAW mate even for una area una no fit fight.

Let's come to neutral ground and you know that Ijaw no be coward Yoruba mate for fight.
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Zooposki(f): 12:10pm On May 13, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
And you claim you are from Niger Delta? Which sane Niger Deltan, other than Itsekiris because of their ties to Chief Obafemi Awolowo will support that Criminal?

Go & rename Warri Wado City, go & place your sign post @ Effurun saying “Welcome To Wado City” na Army from cantonment, with directives from Asaba, dey go take carry you go meet your ancestors.

Nonsense.

They already put huge signs and banner. It read, Welcome to Wado city

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Bravetunde: 12:10pm On May 13, 2022
Ijoh:

I'm Ijaw of Rivers

Nothing like Igweocha.
Igweocha is a name igbos/ikwere call town like mile one,mile 3,Garrison.
But ijaws don't call it igweocha.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Thoh(m): 12:11pm On May 13, 2022
Zooposki:

They already put huge signs and banner. It read, Welcome to Wado city

Exactly.
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Lothaire: 12:13pm On May 13, 2022
Balogunodua:

And yet they couldn't take back Apoi in Ondo or any oil producing community in Ilaje cheesy grin

Ikwerre chased them out of Portharcourt...OPC silenced them in Ajegunle...Ijaw don suffer grin grin
ikwerres chase ijaws out of Port Harcourt? When? Drop Link to backup your claims. Or you think ijaws are pathetic worthless
useless stupid Yoruba people who were chase out of Akwa ibom by an ordinary minority? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Thoh(m): 12:16pm On May 13, 2022
Lothaire:
ikwerres chase ijaws out of Port Harcourt? When? Drop Link to backup your claims. Or you think ijaws are patheti,c worthless
useless stupid Yoruba people who are chase out of Akwa ibom by an ordinary minority? grin grin

Truth be told Ijaws are not minority
4th largest tribe out of 350 tribes is never minority.
They don't cross creeks to our town to count Ijaws.

Many Ijaws believe Ijaws are larger than 4th largest tribe.

If not for the unjust balkanization of Ijaws into 6 states when all Ijaw areas are fully together and share perfect boundaries with each other Ijaw areas are as large as south east of Nigeria of which no south east state is homogeneous.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Idiko1: 12:16pm On May 13, 2022
Ijoh:

I'm Ijaw of Rivers

Nothing like Igweocha.

City for a creek like Buguma explains the brain you have.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Efewestern: 12:17pm On May 13, 2022
Idiko1:

The Ijaws are riverine groups. So yes, they majorly occupy such terrains. Each groups in Nigeria have their natural habitat, you can easily tell what part of a place belong to a group.
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Efewestern: 12:17pm On May 13, 2022
Ijoh:

You are correct.

Thank you my brother
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Lothaire: 12:19pm On May 13, 2022
Thoh:

Truth be told Ijaws are not minority
4th largest tribe out of 350 tribes is never minority.
They don't cross creeks to our town to count Ijaws.

Many Ijaws believe Ijaws are larger than 4th largest tribe.

If not for the unjust balkanization of Ijaws into 6 states when all Ijaw areas are fully together and share perfect boundaries with each other Ijaw areas are as large as south east of Nigeria of which no south east state is homogeneous.
Na mumu they worry the skull miner.
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Ijoh(m): 12:19pm On May 13, 2022
Idiko1:

City for a creek like Buguma explains the brain you have.

Keep quiet!! You have never being to Buguma before.

Buguma is the headquarters and capital of the whole Kalabari-Ijaw subgroup.
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Balogunodua(m): 12:21pm On May 13, 2022
Ijoh:

But we see Yoruba professional beggers everywhere in Yoruba land but you don't see Ijaw beggers even in Ijaw land.
Lolz...grin
Ijaw beggars are allover Makoko cheesy
Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by scholes0(m): 12:21pm On May 13, 2022
Lothaire:
ikwerres chase ijaws out of Port Harcourt? When? Drop Link to backup your claims. Or you think ijaws are pathetic worthless
useless stupid Yoruba people who were chase out of Akwa ibom by an ordinary minority? grin grin

See as you dey rejoice say Ibeno people in Akwa Ibom gang up kill the vastly outnumbered Ilajes who are hundreds of miles away from their home base all the way in Ondo.. hmm

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Kriss216: 12:22pm On May 13, 2022
Thoh:

But the olu only rule tiny Itsekiri even with the name.

Mind you the few villages that make up Itsekiri don't share boundaries.

Don't share boundaries with who?

Omadino shares boundary with Ughoton.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Balogunodua(m): 12:22pm On May 13, 2022
Ijoh:

Liar.
Even you too know that you are a liar. Ijaw don't bring men from city to fight war.
Ijaw bring men from creeks.
We have enough creeks.
Yes Creeks are your dwelling place cheesy we know that grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Lothaire: 12:23pm On May 13, 2022
Bravetunde:

Igweocha is a name igbos/ikwere call town like mile one,mile 3,Garrison.
But ijaws don't call it igweocha.
There's nothing like Igweocha In Rivers state Mr man, and ikwerres never call their own part of Port Harcourt Igweocha. What they call their own part of Port Harcourt is Iwhuruọha or Rebisi, do not misinform people with your twisted history.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! by Balogunodua(m): 12:25pm On May 13, 2022
Lothaire:
Yoruba's still resides in Akwa ibom...little clash won't change that anytime soon...but as for Ijaw grin you people will remain poor for ever restricted to the poverty striking creeks were you belong grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bye-election: DSS Sues For Violence-free Rerun / Who Is Josephine Anenih And What Are Her Credentials? / Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.