Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy (37621 Views)

Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father / Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Government Is Complicit - Adegboruwa / Ijaw Youth Council Condemns Suspension Of CJN Onnoghen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Imstrong2(m): 8:45am On May 13, 2022
Dskillful:

You are a bastard Muslim.... Idiot All the terrorist groups in the world are Islamic groups ISIS
Al-Shabaab
al-Qaeda
Taliban
Boko Haram
Bandit

I think one of the teaching of Islam is killing and that's what is happening. This country should just divide because the northern Muslims are dragging us backward.
bless u bro,barbaric bastards!!!
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by baretalk: 8:47am On May 13, 2022
All civilized and good people must rise up and condemn this, we as a people have failed ourselves if we can not unite and fight against injustice. We Nigerians demand for the death penalty on those killers of this innocent girl
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Testimony1988(m): 8:48am On May 13, 2022
Nice one from the council.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by lexy2014: 8:54am On May 13, 2022
QuotaSystem:
A Press Release from the Council.

If this incident took place in another country, buhari (or better still shehu garba) would have been the first to condemn the killing and offer condolence message to the president of the country
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Nobody: 8:55am On May 13, 2022
The Bible was revised into several editions for a reason, so the barbarity and stuff in it that does not fit into civilized existence and living are expunged. Muslims keep saying that is what makes their Quran thick,due to it remaining unchanged over the years. There was a reason why the Prophet of the Islamic religion stated these hadiths, about jihads and blasphemy decrees etc, those days were struggling days for him, he was being hunted, they were facing battles and conflicts with other sects and people competing for power. Those hadiths were important then, to help them gain dominance and power, but these days no one is struggling with Muslims. We live in a new free world, people don't care so much about religion, except in Africa, even the Arabs that brought in Islam to Africa, do not burn people for talking. It is high time those hadiths and things they tell those extremists terrorists in the mosque that makes them act like mad animals be expunged from the books, because it's not relevant for our days, and causes a lot of killings and violence all over the world. Everywhere you turn Islamic terrorists killing and destroying, Northern Nigeria is being destroyed yet these people hold on to these archaic ways, still teaching it to thier kids. Do we want a religious world war, and all perish?
Religion is made for man not the other way around.
Man is thinking of going to moon, dumb African youths are killing each other over books penned by Prophets millennials ago. Iswap, Aqadia, Boko Haram, Isis, Alshabaab, all are inspired by the Islamic jihadist expansionist ideology.

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by nickyj19: 8:55am On May 13, 2022
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Jayblaze47(m): 8:55am On May 13, 2022
Exactly my point
Ebelefrancis123:
And God is watching us dying. Should we be dying like this all the time? This our religion of peace (Christianity) will never encourage us to fight back. For me, it's time we take the � bull by the horns.We can't be keeping quiet over all this things any longer. This so called Islamic people who got no brain and are typical animals should be eliminated on the ratio of Eye for an Eye �️. And the so called P.M.B will not do anything to this.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Sunnykind(m): 8:58am On May 13, 2022
anytexy:
They should be killed too. They should be killed too to serve as a deterrent to other religious extremist. Shikina!!!
an eye for an eye, as simple as that.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Jayblaze47(m): 9:04am On May 13, 2022
I love you comment, but the coexisting part I don't like.
harrypetty:
You make your holy prophet look weak if you have to kill to protect his image. This is true regardless of the religion to which the prophet belongs.
We can't all have one religion, but we can still coexist as humans who have conscience and value the lives of others.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by naijaclass(m): 9:09am On May 13, 2022
Those perpetrators should be killed by hanging, they deserve slow & painful death. This is the height of barbarism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Kingdonik(m): 9:26am On May 13, 2022
Fantastic view.
Fairmedia:
The Bible was revised into several editions for a reason, so the barbarity and stuff in it that does not fit into civilized existence and living are expunged. Muslims keep saying that is what makes their Quran thick,due to it remaining unchanged over the years. There was a reason why the Prophet of the Islamic religion stated these hadiths, about jihads and blasphemy decrees etc, those days were struggling days for him, he was being hunted, they were facing battles and conflicts with other sects and people competing for power. Those hadiths were important then, to help them gain dominance and power, but these days no one is struggling with Muslims. We live in a new free world, people don't care so much about religion, except in Africa, even the Arabs that brought in Islam to Africa, do not burn people for talking. It is high time those hadiths and things they tell those extremists terrorists in the mosque that makes them act like mad animals be expunged from the books, because it's not relevant for our days, and causes a lot of killings and violence all over the world. Everywhere you turn Islamic terrorists killing and destroying, Northern Nigeria is being destroyed yet these people hold on to these archaic ways, still teaching it to thier kids. Do we want a religious world war, and all perish?
Man is thinking of going to moon, dumb African youths are killing each other over books penned by Prophets millennials ago. Iswap, Aqadia, Boko Haram, Isis, Alshabaab, all are inspired by the Islamic jihadist expansionist ideology.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by expert234: 9:28am On May 13, 2022
QuotaSystem:

How many people’s killing & beheading have Ohaneze condemned?

Talk of hypocrisy.

Oga, shut up. Is ipob killing a religion killing?
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by torqque7(m): 9:30am On May 13, 2022
PussyOdour:
That beautiful girl never blasphemed against any Idiotîc usêlèss child rapist prophèt. All Muslims are fools and terrorîst. Sharing a country with these lots is sad and disheartening.

I Watched the video, even their women that are being subjected to perpetual bondage in the name of one føolish religîon took part in that killing. Trust any thing that says he or she is a Muslim at your own peril.

Føolish fools. That score will be settle here in south south I promise. I will deliberate provoke an idiotic Muslim, I want , atleast five heads of them to be gone. Usêlèss fools.

I stand with I u on this,we can't keep watching them killing our people and we remain silent NOBODY HAS THE MONOPOLY OF VIOLENCE angry..This is too much na haba,if we investigate now u will realise she didn't blasphem anything. It's a bout time that an eye should go for an eye simple.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Nobody: 9:31am On May 13, 2022
Kingdonik:
Fantastic view.
This is the crux of the matter, but these hypocrites, who have turned religion to politics maintain the status quo, cos it works for them politically and strategically. They are evil.

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by expert234: 9:31am On May 13, 2022
QuotaSystem:

You don’t have to be a religious body to condemn ipob/esn killings and beheadings of innocent people.

Sharia also prescribes amputation for thieves, but when last did you hear of anyone’s hand chopped off in the North since Yerima 22 years ago?

Which law do ipob terrorists apply when they rape, kill, behead and roast innocent people? Biafran law?

Condemn the condemnable and pass.

Oga shut up, ipob is not a religion organisation.

You are a fool attempting to look wise.

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Sunnyski: 9:43am On May 13, 2022
Islam is War
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by kelvindj98: 9:43am On May 13, 2022
QuotaSystem:

Why are you so pained that the Sultan condemned the killings? And when did you become an advocate for the strict application of Sharia law?

You must be pained because it exposes the Igbo leadership that has still failed to condemn the ipob killings and beheading of that innocent military couple among many others. Flee from my mentions.
All of you are mad

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by ceejayluv(m): 9:45am On May 13, 2022
SmartPolician:

Make no mistake, there's nothing done to the military in the SE today that the soldiers haven't done to the IPOB members in worse forms. IPOB members were mere armless people who would always protest and demand referendum and the soldiers were killing them all over the place.

Even Amnesty International has documented evidence of several killings and mass graves of IPOB members who were gruesomely murdered by the military and nobody was prosecuted for the senseless killings.

If only Nigeria had a sensible president, things wouldn't escalate like this. OBJ met and managed MASSOB well and today, their leader has dropped the violent struggle. You people probably think that being an intelligent leader is all about building railways.

IPOB members would always say that the military would kill their members and they would return the favour in equal level of violence. Isn't it rather interesting that everyone was having a good laugh when the soldiers were killing these unarmed guys? Today, they have armed themselves and started killing soldiers and policemen and everyone is shocked. My biggest concerns are innocent civilians who get caught up in this crossfire.
The biggest concern should be the innocent Civilians killed for not aligning with the anarchistic agenda of the armed criminals. Turning your arms against your own people under the guise of freedom fighting is imbecilic. You cannot kill and oppress people to "freedom"
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Proudlyomonna: 10:11am On May 13, 2022
QuotaSystem:

How many people’s killing & beheading have Ohaneze condemned?

Talk of hypocrisy.

Stop the senseless whataboutism already.
The Ohaneze has always condemned all forms of senseless killings.
I wonder if ya all can survive a day without senseless tribal bigotry.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Frenzy024: 10:14am On May 13, 2022
Sister Deborah who lives in sokoto should have known better that she lives with animals rather than humans this is what they do in states that they dominate.

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Nmezor(f): 10:20am On May 13, 2022
I hope they get apprehended soon
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Policewoman(f): 10:22am On May 13, 2022
tollyboy5:

I was saying it one time that what do people benefit from the north.
Some northerners on this forum thought I was a bigot.
Me as an atheist I'm Yoruba. I can't travel to east or north for anything
And you call yourself a Nigerian
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by comodo: 10:35am On May 13, 2022
Deborah. May your soul rest in peace. Sometime not quite long ago. Your parents had opportunity of putting things right and liberating you from the clutches of darkness. But they chose to stay in darkness. They even killed to stay in darkness. Blame no one, but your parents who kept you in bondage of darkness by dining and joining forces with the blogod sucking ones. Adieu
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by SirAlhassan: 10:41am On May 13, 2022
It's high time we all embarrass the fact about our dear country.
Islamic Sharia prescribed death penalty for blasphemy, though, Nigeria is not practicing Sharia. But even with the establishment of Sharia, it's not permissible for any individual to take laws into his/her hands, only the judge can finalize.
It's also unwise to do contrary to other people's value, custom or tradition. Most especially in their land or home town. That would be traumatic and disadvantageous. Let our instinct guide us.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by tollyboy5(m): 10:55am On May 13, 2022
Policewoman:
And you call yourself a Nigerian
I'm a Yoruba man first. Nigeria kor UAR ni
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by redeff06: 11:01am On May 13, 2022
mrvitalis:
What is the punishment for blasphemy based of Sharia ...sultan should stop this hypocrisy ...how many people have Sharia killed for same offence

Na the foo.lish one nigerianist southerners I blame

Hmmmm
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by IME1: 11:19am On May 13, 2022
This is a glimpse of how FIRM, UNBIASED, DETRIBALISED, HUMANE Atiku can be if He is president
That's a father's daughter
That could have been your daughter's teacher
That could have been your mother's daughter in law
That could have been your sister's bestie
That could have been your son's employer

But you see, there lies a charred corpse, what people call remains.
But that's not from a gas explosion or plane crash or oil bunkering gone wrong, or a thief caught in Jankara market...

That's a girl who wrongly used the word nonsense but was never given mercy to apologise. I apologise on her behalf. For if you use that word for my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ or our Father our Creator God, I shall not strike a match, but silently pray for your mercy.

But alas God Himself shows mercy on whom He will, and what if He doesn't show you? God is the God of justice and vengeance, but what if He chooses to strike everyone of those who killed Deborah dead or He chooses to use them like He used Paul of Tarsus?

What about those who have used worse words for Jesus, Mary, David, Moses, Abraham, angels, Elisha, Isaiah, Peter, the Holy Spirit and our Creator God?
Those in politics,
In movies
In cartoons
In series
In songs
In jokes
In slants
In exclamations
In books
In comics
... and here on nairaland?

What do we Christians do? What would you non Christians expect us to do or fear we would or could do? What would our actions or inactions result in at the end? Would you want a reprisal in the south? Would you want sanctions from the Western world? Would you want mass exodus of Christians from the north and boycott of businesses and products from Muslims?

If truly you think, do, and say what you would want another to do, say, and think about you, you would think before you think, say or do to others.

It took a split second thinking for people to carry stones to want to stone the adulterous woman in the gospel according to John, cause they were 'righteous and kissed off by such immorality and shame and sin of the woman. She must die, the book said so, Moses himself wrote it, and they believe it's an instruction from God Himself. So we moveee!
But Jesus bent down to write, to draw, to make patterns, to play with the sand.
And it took a split second for them to truly think when they heard, 'those without sin cast the stone' and without their initial aggression and self righteous and lack of mercy and a forgiving spirit, they took a look at the older ones and they threw down their stones.
The adulterous woman who truly had sinned, offended the law and could have been killed, WAS FORGIVEN AND GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE!

But not Deborah who used the word nonsense!
May she rest in peace and be buried with dignity.
May there be justice for Deborah and may Muslims, Christians, Others like Hindus, Buddhist, Trail, Have Krishna, Eckists, Traditional Religious Worshippers, Atheists, Free Thinkers and Agnostics and others not INSULT, USE DEROGATORY INNUENDOS OR REMARKS on anything religious whether their own or others religious beliefs.

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Owologbo(m): 12:59pm On May 13, 2022
QuotaSystem:

http://saharareporters.com/2022/05/12/breaking-police-confirm-arrest-suspected-killers-female-college-student-sokoto-state-over
All for show.
Are they the first to kill for Mohammed that needs human to kill for him; since he's too weak for human to do for him what he cannot do for himself?
Instead of your god to fight for you, you are now the one fighting for your god.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by edosignature(m): 1:14pm On May 13, 2022
Islam & Buddhist = War
Islam & Jews = War
Islam & Chrishna = War
Islam & Mormons = War
Islam & Christians = War
Islam & Monks = War
Islam & Freemancing = War
Islam & Traditionalist = War

Islam & Islam = War & Carnage

I want Those who Lynch the said lady to be melt with the same justice.
Those who Lynch the lady will never know peace.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Elbinawi: 1:38pm On May 13, 2022
The Sultan Should Visit the Family of Deborah Samuel For Condolence

▪️Sultan Of Sokoto Condemns Killing Of Female College Student For Alleged Blasphemy | Sahara Reporters

This immediate move by the Sultan of Sokoto is commendable. The Sultanate releasing a Press Release on the gruesome murder of Deborah Samuel by a murderous mob in Shehu Shagari College of Education, Sokoto, is a step in the right direction.

All violent mob actions and killings stand condemned. The Muslim Youths of Northern Nigeria should learn how to stage Peaceful protest. We can not continue like this.

Prophet Muhammad (sa) is the ultimate role model in Islam and his actions and reactions should be our guide. Among the four (4) 'pious' Caliphs of Sunni Islam, one of them was notorious in telling the Prophet (sa) even on simple matters such phrases:

"Let me kill him!"
"Let me cut off his head!"

Prophet Muhammad (sa) has NEVER assented to his request because that is a manifestation of violent extremism. What is suspicious of this his actions is that he has never accepted a duel to the death challenge on the Battlefield. No even once!

Unfortunately, some of our Sunni Youths think such behavior should be the normal state. That is with every little alteration "Cut off his head!" "Burn him alive!". They ignorantly think that such clear manifestation of violent extremism is a sign of piety and bravery. This is wrong thought process.

The role model of Muslims is Prophet Muhammad (sa) and not that Caliph. It is important to note that the bravest Companion of the Prophet (sa), his Cousin and Son-in-law, has never asked his permission to behead anybody and on all Battlefields he was the champion. This is what piety and bravery means.

Having said this, I will advise the Sultan of Sokoto to lead a high powered delegation to visit the family of the murdered Deborah Samuel. Such gesture will go a long way in improving religious tolerance in the North and defeating the menace of violent extremism and lawlessness.

It is important to note that what Deborah said was not blasphemy. She complained about posting religious stuffs in their class WhatsApp group. There was nowhere that the late Deborah Samuel insulted Prophet Muhammad (sa). Her gruesome murder stand condemned.

On a final note, our heartfelt condolences to the family of Deborah Samuel! God give them the fortitude to bear this loss!

Harun Elbinawi
elbinawi@yahoo.com
Elbinawi.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by naikeboy(m): 1:41pm On May 13, 2022
Nigeria's name should be changed to condemn Republic...
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by tosmart007(m): 2:50pm On May 13, 2022
[quote author=QuotaSystem post=112779767]

Why are you so pained that the Sultan condemned the killings? And when did you become an advocate for the strict application of Sharia law?

You must be pained because it exposes the Igbo leadership that has still failed to condemn the ipob killings and beheading of that innocent military couple among many others. Flee from my mentions. [/quote
please keep mute!
you are not human. You are indirectly supporting your own kind for carrying out this atrocity.
shame on you.. nonsense!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi Walking On The Streets Of Lagos. Photos / Tell Me One Thing I Said That Is Not True – Lai Mohammed / IPOB Members With ‘Biafra Currency’ In Abia Arrested By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.