Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN (24555 Views)

Dangote To Renovate MKO Abiola Stadium / The Time It Would Take Dangote To Pay Off His ₦792m Bugatti Veyron / Fatima Dangote To Wed Jamil Abubakar (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by datola: 7:11am On May 13, 2022
Hmmm..
Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by Nobody: 7:11am On May 13, 2022
Some Nigerian politicians get Forex at a very lower rate.esp,if they want to travel out for medical tourism.Eg,Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by Eriokanmi: 7:11am On May 13, 2022
What Great news to start the day. I'm more interested in the steel area. The federal government has no business in the steel industry and that's why they keep sabotaging the ajaokuta steel plant. All they need do is create the enabling environment. If privatised, no company would invest in it and not expect it to work, same with our refineries. In 10 years, that dangote refinery in lagos wouldn't have neared 50% completion had it been handled by the federal government. There's a lot of unexplainable sabotage in our refineries and steel plants.

Nigeria had one of the largest deposits of iron ore in the world yet, we're still importing cars and anything made of steel. At times, I'd just wonder why our situation is like this. We should be flexing muscles with the likes of Russia today...as a matter of fact, what made Russia great today are also here in Nigeria, in nearly same capacity. Russia is 8th in the World in gas endowment while Nigeria is 9th so, what's the problem?....LEADERSHIP. That's why we must shun sentiments and elect the right person next year or we remain in same position or even decline, as a country until revolution ends it. When you push a goat to the wall, it must fight back. It must certainly happen someday. Earlier this week, JP Morgan delisted us from the Emerging Markets and what does that mean....investors would look the other way instead of coming to Nigeria. When we were declared an Emerging Market, the APC jubilated and claimed the glory. I hope they wouldn't say its politics now that the oppsite is happening...and its because of the way they're managing our economy. The CBN couid not publish their annual report for 4 consecutive years...this is bizarre, never happened in the history of Nigeria.

We must get it right next year. I can only see one or 2 persons who can move this country forward among those showing interest to contest so far. Others are bereft of ideas. Only Peter Obi is the right one. I'd have tipped tinubu but he'd litter the government with massive corruption. Sorry to burst the bubbles of my people supporting this man this morning. But it's the truth. Anyone who has been close to Lagos government would bear a witness to this. Lagos isn't developing at the pace it should, given the huge resources in place. If not for ambode who opened our eyes though got punished for it, we wouldn't have realised how rich we were as a state and it was because he shunned Tinubu amd his allies as governor and focused on developing the state hence the massive projects seen in such a short time. In spite if all these projects, lagos declared budget surplus for the first time in decades, wondering where those monies had been going into before ambode. And the man who replaced him as they said ambode wasn't a democrat and a party man, what has he achieved in nearly 4 years now? I leave lagosians to judge this in all fairness.

Nigeria is too rich to be poor.

Have a wonderful day my people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by Winters23: 7:14am On May 13, 2022
[s]
Elmojiid:
Every government since 1999 just Dey enrich him through monopoly
[/s]

Is anyone stopping you from monopoly?

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by CurrentSamuel(m): 7:15am On May 13, 2022
OK na
Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by ictplotter(m): 7:15am On May 13, 2022
Aufbauh:
Dangote is doing well.
In fact Dangote's operation will be the closet hope for Nigerians and Nigeria to get out of this shady quagmire of oil subsidy.
Nothing is well in Dangote, if Nigeria must move forward in the global market production. Dangote monopoly he enjoy from government must be breaking down n decentralize among other potential investors.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by Nobody: 7:17am On May 13, 2022
uptimum123:
Nice one from the Dangote groups. Nigeria is bound for greater heights.

Buhari has layed the foundation for a prosperous Nigeria while Tinubu will take us to the promise land.

With Tinubu, Nigeria shall soon become one of the most powerful Nation in the world.

Tinubu is our choice for President

If you are paid to be singing tinubu praises you and tinubu are mad.But if you are doing it as an eye service you are also mad.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by Elmojiid(m): 7:18am On May 13, 2022
Winters23:
[s][/s]

Is anyone stopping you from monopoly?
be careful
Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by horhizah(f): 7:18am On May 13, 2022
uptimum123:

Buhari has layed the foundation for a prosperous Nigeria while Tinubu will take us to the promise land.

With Tinubu, Nigeria shall soon become one of the most powerful Nation in the world.

I now know why you spelt "laid" as "layed"
Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by franchasofficia: 7:22am On May 13, 2022
When you visit Nairaland and check comments on threads like this, you will then discover that most members and commentors on this forum are unemployed, underemployed, and lower class citizens with poor sense of entrepreneurship, business and national economic growth.

Majority here are hungry praise singers of the few elites that kept their life below average that it is today, what a sorry situation for majority of Nigerian youths cry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by Whizkay(m): 7:25am On May 13, 2022
Give me access to forex from CBN for the next 2 years and see if I won’t be the richest man in my state.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by komekn(m): 7:25am On May 13, 2022
uptimum123:

And how exactly will he do that ❓

From what track record, what industrial job creation business enterprise has he had .

What he had is decades of corruption looting of public funds by proxy and manipulation and enforced and induced loyalty.

Tinibu is personification of the Nigerian problem he is the PROBLEM and certainly not in any way shape or form the SOLUTION.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by koning: 7:28am On May 13, 2022
uptimum123:

TBH a Tinubu presidency is beginning to make sense to me.

Once both PDP and APC did not zone it to the South East, i don't see how Peter Obi or OUK can be the candidates. I was rooting for either of them for the sake of the economy, especially Peter Obi.

In the abscence of an Igbo candidate, Tinubu would be the best next option. Way better than Atiku. We need a president that will fix our economy for good. Starting with regular power supply. I may vote for him if it's between him and Atiku.

Without micro zoning, an Igbo man has no chance. Numerically speaking.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by foreshore(m): 7:31am On May 13, 2022
Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by Papichulostunne(m): 7:33am On May 13, 2022
Ahmed0336:
That's great!!! Next be will car and plane production.

Yes oh.. you are right.. Next BE WILL.. Amen grin
Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by drills: 7:33am On May 13, 2022
The only sight of hope "Dangote", we can't wait to see the Dangref functioning,he is sure the individual with the capacity to fix the steel sector, if we can get both, Nigeria will be better for it.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by victorDanladi: 7:35am On May 13, 2022
superemmy:

Ode. How much are you being paid sef? I just wonder.
Lesser than the amount OSINBAJO AND RCCG POLITICAL DEPARTMENT PAID YOU.

OR

BETTER STILL, THAN HOW MUCH ATIKU AND OBI PAID YOU

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by ajailer(m): 7:35am On May 13, 2022
Make govt kill the monopoly Dangote is enjoying and see more billionaires emerging from the country. Like naija polithiefcians like Dangote, Na only dem alone wan corner the whole opportunity at the expense of others.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by zikter(m): 7:36am On May 13, 2022
ictplotter:

Nothing is well in Dangote, if Nigeria must move forward in the global market production. Dangote monopoly he enjoy from government must be breaking down n decentralize among other potential investors.
Please, what products or sectors does Dangote monopolize?

He has cement-there are others producing cement too. If you wish to buy cement, you can buy other brands you wish apart from him.

Sugar? BUA is there also, just like cement, you can access others in the market.

Car assembly- You hardly hear about his car assembly venture. Innoson is what we hear. Dangote is not even a market leader here, Let alone monopoly.

Nodles- Indomie even acquired his nodles lines if I can remember correctly. He couldn't do well in the market.

Rice- There are a thousand and one rice factories doing well. Nothing like monopoly here.

Tomatoes processing- is this his factory still functional? I know he is not even a market leader.

Oil and gas- he is just entering the market. Some people acquired licences but didn't do anything before he started his refinery. Once he is done now, we will all cry monopoly forgetting some people collected licenses to go and sleep.

We can go on and on.

Yes, Dangote is a market leader in some sectors but he has not monopolize them. He has competitors in such sectors.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by Crafteck1: 7:36am On May 13, 2022
uptimum123:

Your choice has nothing to offer anyone except share money
Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by ubreal(m): 7:38am On May 13, 2022
Ajakota going going !!
Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by victorDanladi: 7:39am On May 13, 2022
koning:

TBH a Tinubu presidency is beginning to make sense to me.

Once both PDP and APC did not zone it to the South East, i don't see how Peter Obi or OUK can be the candidates. I was rooting for either of them for the sake of the economy, especially Peter Obi.

In the abscence of an Igbo candidate, Tinubu would be the best next option. Way better than Atiku. We need a president that will fix our economy for good. Starting with regular power supply. I may vote for him if it's between him and Atiku.

Without micro zoning, an Igbo man has no chance. Numerically speaking.
Almighty God will bless you for seeing beyond cheap blackmail and lies being rolled against Tinubu!

Peter Obi is my choice too,although I dislike his supporters. If he is not in the picture Bola Tinubu all the way,he knows how to fish out workaholics in wich Osinbajo is one,..and he is very innovative

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by HRMK: 7:39am On May 13, 2022
SO,THE GMD OF DANGOTE GROUP IS OLAKUNLE ALAKE!NO WONDER DANGOTE REMAINS THE RICHEST MAN IN AFRICA!THE MAN WOULD ALWAYS HONOR MERIT IN HIS ORGANISATION!HE CARES LESS OVER WHERE YOU COME FROM IN THE COUNTRY!!

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by Aufbauh(m): 7:39am On May 13, 2022
ictplotter:

Everything is well with Dangote so quit hating.
No matter how you perceived it, Dangote is adding values in employment, local content and eventual forex scooping.

You guys talked about monopoly as if others were stopped from doing the same things.
However most Richest men in the world enjoyed some level of business monopoly in their country of origin, so Dangote case is not peculiar.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by iyke2frankeze: 7:40am On May 13, 2022
Dangote is a shrewd business magnate.
Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by victorDanladi: 7:40am On May 13, 2022
zikter:
Please, what products or sectors does Dangote monopolize?

He has cement-there are others producing cement too. If you wish to buy cement, you can buy other brands you wish apart from him.

Sugar? BUA is there also, just like cement, you can access others in the market.

Car assembly- You hardly hear about his car assembly venture. Innoson is what we hear. Dangote is not even a market leader here, Let alone monopoly.

Nodles- Indomie even acquired his nodles lines if I can remember correctly. He couldn't do well in the market.

Rice- There are a thousand and one rice factories doing well. Nothing like monopoly here.

Tomatoes processing- is this his factory still functional? I know he is not even a market leader.

Oil and gas- he is just entering the market. Some people acquired licences but didn't do anything before he started his refinery. Once he is done now, we will all cry monopoly forgetting some people collected licenses to go and sleep.

We can go on and on.

Yes, Dangote is a market leader in some sectors but he has not monopolize them. He has competitors in such sectors.

Don't mind Igbo people,
When they don't dominate, its either they believe they are being marginalized or not given level playing ground!

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by seunoj: 7:44am On May 13, 2022
Guyman02:
It's very to become the richest man in Nigeria if you have the kind of access that Dangote have to CBN FOREX.
Imagine collecting $10m dollars at 390 this morning and selling same at Black Market to importers at N560.
Sanusi Lamido exposed this scheme and they pulled him down as Emir of Kano

Dang dey form superstar with all the support he enjoys from govt. I laugh in Swahili
Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by Toks2008(m): 7:45am On May 13, 2022
Islie:

https://thenationonlineng.net/dangote-to-stop-sourcing-forex-from-cbn/

One of the rare rich men in Nigeria with transparent source of income and grass to grace story.

Unlike some people who became self acclaimed billionaires overnight.

More blessings sir.
Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by superemmy(m): 7:45am On May 13, 2022
victorDanladi:

Lesser than the amount OSINBAJO AND RCCG POLITICAL DEPARTMENT PAID YOU.

OR

BETTER STILL, THAN HOW MUCH ATIKU AND OBI PAID YOU

Go and check my profile. I campaign for non of these politicians.

In my humble opinion, 99.9% of them should be lined up and shot for bringing Nigeria to ruins

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by Toks2008(m): 7:47am On May 13, 2022
seunoj:

Dang dey form superstar with all the support he enjoys from govt. I laugh in Swahili

Exactly, at least we know that one and that is no big deal.

I still respect him as a legit billionaires to a great level (nobody be saint).

But i just hate to see those fraudulent young billionaires gracing our social media.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN by colossus91(m): 7:48am On May 13, 2022
He wants to go into steel? Baba don Dey eye absolute steel be that lol Goodluck to Nigeria!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is There A Work-at-home (online Job) Opportunities In Nigeria / Access Bank Acquires Zambia's Cavmont Bank / Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.