Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,881 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe - NYSC (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe (73899 Views)

NYSC: Nine Corps Members To Repeat Service Year In Kogi / My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado / Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Albertone(m): 10:46pm On May 15, 2022
Sheiszainab:
.Kogi state.look at this .this was a guy on dread ordained as a deacon in the United state.The people you all so look up to as one of the founder of your religion.In Nigeria we think we know what God really want .Ask yourself this question will will a Nigerian Church ordain such a person,will they even deem him clean enough for The Lord's work in your believe??.The case of the Hausa / fulani Muslims is like that of a blind leader leading a whole tribe of blinds to the light.It is so for other Muslim but they do it with utmost wisdom bestowed on them by the Creator.Even that guy ,if was to be a Muslim Nobody will even reason his matter at all,we will call him one who is not practicing the Religion whole heartedly. I am ashamed for this country Kuma.

You look like a core northerner hence,my initial phobia for you.

You mind if I send you a DM?
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Albertone(m): 10:48pm On May 15, 2022
CaptainAyub:

Lived in DTR too,for a year.
Jerusalem, near that big waterboard overhead tank.
My own be say na 2013,when bomb still de sound regularly grin
By that time,both islamabad ppl and we church ppl dey in fear

Wetin you find go bomb region?
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by CaptainAyub: 10:59pm On May 15, 2022
Albertone:

Wetin you find go bomb region?
Na daily bread oo.
Immediately after NYSC, no job.
Stayed there for only a year sha.
I remember Oct 23 abi 28th 2013 when boko boys strolled into town.
As my heart no jumb out of my chest that day eee grin
If u hear d sound of anti aircraft gun eee grin
A d na boko boys hol am grin
My friend who invited me for d job was on his way back from the east but his car got spoilt and he slept over in Bauchi to repair it.
As he call us come de hear anti aircraft gun,he begin cry.
Anytime they began firing AK47,we go relax small grin

2 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Albertone(m): 11:05pm On May 15, 2022
CaptainAyub:

Na daily bread oo.
Immediately after NYSC, no job.
Stayed there for only a year sha.
I remember Oct 23 abi 28th 2013 when boko boys strolled into town.
As my heart no jumb out of my chest that day eee grin
If u hear d sound of anti aircraft gun eee grin
A d na boko boys hol am grin
My friend who invited me for d job was on his way back from the east but his car got spoilt and he slept over in Bauchi to repair it.
As he call us come de hear anti aircraft gun,he begin cry.
Anytime they began firing AK47,we go relax small grin

Na die be that o.

Dem no target civilians bah?

1 Like

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by CaptainAyub: 11:14pm On May 15, 2022
Uptheante:

Is it in northern university or those in the south?
Secondly, is it the northern muslim guys or muslims from south?
Finally, is the fuccking based on dating (normal girls) or the girls are just doing hook up (olosho)
Pls don't be annoyed with my questions, I'm just curious
Muslims have this idea of conquest and dominance.
You would've heard Islam was spread by d sword.
So,dating/forking a Christian girl is like victory for them.
For the same reason they will also frown at a Christian who dates or forks a mumuslim girl

2 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by bluefilm: 11:16pm On May 15, 2022
CaptainAyub:

Lived in DTR too,for a year.
Jerusalem, near that big waterboard overhead tank.
My own be say na 2013,when bomb still de sound regularly grin
By that time,both islamabad ppl and we church ppl dey in fear

Yeah, New Jerusalem is like the Christian part of the town.

All those churches where built close to each other.

I used to attend the Catholic church there, was it St. Mary's or something like that? It's really been a long time. Around 2006 or thereabout...

I later heard the church was burnt down in one of their religious crisis like that.

To me, I must confess Damaturu back then was kind of a cool place, even with their extremely cold and extremely hot weather and the occasional sandstorms.

But it got to a point where I told myself that east, west, north and south, Home is the best !

2 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by CaptainAyub: 11:17pm On May 15, 2022
Daytonbale:
most MUSLIMS in lafia are not Fanatic, I live in poly around AA rano gas station, I enjoyed lafia though
The muslims in Nasarawa have no choice than be calm cos d state is a majority Christian state,up to 70%
That same calm muslin will turn to osama bin laden when he gets to Kano

3 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by CaptainAyub: 11:21pm On May 15, 2022
Albertone:

Na die be that o.

Dem no target civilians bah?
Yes,that time dem done de emboldened well well,them no send civilians again.
Heard in the early days,they'd be going house by house in Jerusalem, targeting Christians.
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by CaptainAyub: 11:24pm On May 15, 2022
bluefilm:

Yeah, New Jerusalem is like the Christian part of the town.

All those churches where built close to each other.

I used to attend the Catholic church there, was it St. Mary's or something like that? It's really been a long time. Around 2006 or thereabout...

I later heard the church was burnt down in one of their religious crisis like that.

To me, I must confess Damaturu back then was kind of a cool place, even with their extremely cold and extremely hot weather and the occasional sandstorms.

But it got to a point where I told myself that east, west, north and south, Home is the best !
St Mary's was my church too.
They burnt it around 2012 or so,me I came in January 2013,we worshipped in what was supposed to be a small Chapel.
Na one one leg inside church,of course with police protection.
Used to attend morning Mass daily sef wen we wanted to prove say nothing de happen,after an attack like that.
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Albertone(m): 11:43pm On May 15, 2022
CaptainAyub:

Yes,that time dem done de emboldened well well,them no send civilians again.
Heard in the early days,they'd be going house by house in Jerusalem, targeting Christians.
Chai!
Na wa o
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Preferito(m): 6:14am On May 16, 2022
omobolarinwa1:

In today life we dont truly have kafirun nor the one around us the idols one are fighting you nor your religious..so why using those verse to juatify the killings of your brothers...i m.not fanatical extremists Muslim thats why i always live my.life in a modesty way and try to avoid been extremistclaiming you fighting for God.by killings even through words...Everyone has a call to answered when the trumpet get blow...no one is bam perfecto we only need the grace of God even mose david was once a murdered and they will.answered that sin on judgement...seek the mercy of your lord so that may thee may forgive and grant you mercy...cheers
My God is a ever merciful God. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by CaptainAyub: 7:25am On May 16, 2022
joyousmother2016:
I had a similar experience while serving in Damaturu, Yobe State 2005-2006. I rented an apartment at Sabon Pegi close to the RCCG church and NCCF, House before they moved to their present location at New Jerusalem. In the compound where I rented there was an Ibira man from Kogi state who was a bachelor, a muslim and works as a security man with one of the banks. This man asked me out but I refused and then he began planning how to set me up and kill me. An imam in my compound who had newly married an educated Muslim woman treated me as his own daughter. In the compound we had both Christians and muslims, it was an open house not a "ba shiga". Male corpers used to visit me and my friend. That stupid Ibira man went and reported me to the Muslim youths in the area that imam complained to him that he moved out from the compound because I bring in Male corpers to see his wife.
One faithful day, I saw youths gathered in front of our house, I respectfully greeted them in hausa and they asked if I am "calling my name". I innocently said yes. After I walked in, a Christian neighbour came to meet me and said " run to imam's house because Oga Dauda has connived with these guys to kill you while lying on Imam". I ran without looking back.. got to Imam's house and I narrated what happened. Imam and his wife were so angry and he said he will deal with Oga Dauda for lying against him. He said his wife is not in burqa and the house is not "ba shiga". He reminded me that I am his adopted daughter and he left the house because it was small and couldn't contain all their properties. He reported to the police and he went into the mosque to summon all the youths. There he publicly cautioned Oga Dauda to stop lying on him and that if anything happens to me, he will have himself to blame as I am his daughter. That was how God saved me.
Sabon Pegi, towards the polytechnic,
Memories.
When we used to buy a whole goat lap for 600naira grin

3 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by CaptainAyub: 7:30am On May 16, 2022
Greaty22:
The same experience I had during my service year in Kano State. God saved my life.
Tell d story so others will learn a thing or 2
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by CaptainAyub: 7:34am On May 16, 2022
Albertone:

Them go soon stone u.
You no hear say muslims no de like joke wt their women and religion
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Albertone(m): 8:23am On May 16, 2022
CaptainAyub:

Them go soon stone u.
You no hear say muslims no de like joke wt their women and religion

I'm not the type of Christian that let's things slide.
They do anyhow,I instigate a religious + ethnic war.
Thank God I'm not in the north.
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by joyousmother2016: 9:19am On May 16, 2022
CaptainAyub:

Sabon Pegi, towards the polytechnic,
Memories.
When we used to buy a whole goat lap for 600naira grin

Yes, and a whole goat for N1,500. �. Did you also serve in 2005-2006?
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by CaptainAyub: 10:03am On May 16, 2022
joyousmother2016:

Yes, and a whole goat for N1,500. �. Did you also serve in 2005-2006?
No.
Was there 2013
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Uptheante(m): 3:41pm On May 16, 2022
CaptainAyub:

Muslims have this idea of conquest and dominance.
You would've hear Islam was spread by d sword.
So,dating/forking a Christian girl is like victory for them.
For the same reason they will also frown at a Christian who dates or forks a mumuslim girl
Nawa o.
And Christians don't seem to be aware of this or maybe they're so naive.
I wonder what even attract or motivate these Christian girls to fucck the muslim guys
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Daytonbale: 4:16pm On May 16, 2022
CaptainAyub:

The muslims in Nasarawa have no choice than be calm cos d state is a majority Christian state,up to 70%
That same calm muslin will turn to osama bin laden when he gets to Kano
Nasarawa Christians are puppet to northern Muslims, they are to afraid
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by joyousmother2016: 5:34pm On May 17, 2022
CaptainAyub:

No.
Was there 2013
Okay
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by DonroxyII: 2:02am On May 18, 2022
merit455:
Deborah's murder reminds me of my service year in Yobe state as a youth corper.

I can't forget that experience in a hurry and I keep asking myself why these Muslims can so misinterprete issues to suit what they are planning to do.

We had a certain female Corp member from Delta state, she likes painting her lips like � and putting on trousers. Unknown to her she became the subject of a serious hatred and an apparent plan to kill her was in the pipe line.

You know these people have a way of coordinating their murderous acts, it's a chain that includes the high and low in their society.

So corper Blessing was teaching one day in class and a particular student was busy distracting others, she tried to caution the boy and get him to concentrate but boy keep disturbing the rest of the class, Unknown to her, that was the trap. The said boy was writing in his note book and kept tiring them out, so when she went to the boy's desk, she picked up the pieces of paper and threw them away. The boy stood up and left the classroom.

Boom! Not upto 30mins, another teacher came to Blessing and asked her why she would desecrate the coran, she was so surprised to hear that and decided to ask the teacher where she got that kind of news. To cut the story short, the teacher asked Blessing to leave the school premises immediately else she would be kill.

Blessing quickly left the school to her lodge where she told other corp members what had transpired in school. As she was still speaking, a large crowd of Muslims youth were charging and chanting towards the corpers lodge with sticks and knives, they corpers quickly ran towards the gate to lock it , at that point it became a back and push in the gate as the knew that if the youth gained entrance into the place, they maybe more casualties. This happened in Potiskum.

At that point, calls where coming into to the zonal office for help, I was one of the corper rep in the zone assisting the ZI and LI, the ZI, a Yoruba man quickly called the police, there was no action, he called the army, nothing happened, we started praying for God to intervene, we were asked to go see the Emir, we did, but you could sense the whole town was waiting to hear that Blessing had been killed before action would be taken.

What shocked me most was that our LI, a Muslim was so furious, saying she deserves to die for desecrating the Quran, but thankfully our ZI called a Army topnotch in the south east who had to call the yobe command. ( I don't know the process but it was so fast), military personnels came in two vans to take us to the location of the corpers, you won't believe the crowd, youth wielding sticks, knives and a tray but when they saw the military they started running, all the corpers members were evacuated, the two vans couldn't take everyone, so most of the soldiers has to walk beside the vans for us to get out of that place to the zonal office.

We started wandering how writing quranic citations in a piece of paper or a notebook made the paper or notebook a quran.

As the madness was going on in the town, I was given one of the worst task of my life as the ZI mandated me to snick Blessing out of the town.

While concern people where coming to find out what happened, I took Blessing through the backyard, and then out of the gate, picked okada towards Damaturu with Blessing looking completely different (her lips cleaned and dressed like a northern girl with her head covered) and crying profusely. We succeeded in sending her to Damaturu and that was her last day in Potiskum as she completed the remaining part of her service year at the state headquarters.

This religious misinterpretation must stop forthwith. Deborah death is one of too many cases of religious extremists and fanatics taking the lives of innocent people.
Even as a Muslim My Mind cut on this One: There are some communities that shed innocent blood and those blood will continue haunting them till Eternity:
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by DonroxyII: 2:05am On May 18, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Africans are generally wicked

Last week 2 men got lynched in Delta state over a bike

Two weeks back two soldiers were beheaded in Imo state

Go through Cultist Update post on Nairaland, every day young men butcher themselves for no reason

Go through Udele/ Oyigboupdate post every week someone got killed every Monday sit at home

It's high time we stand completely against killing of all manners regardless of the reasons

killing is not allowed under Nigerian constituition , criminal code, penal code or Sharia law
I just thanK God Religion was introduced into Africa Albeit the World. What Many Don't understand is that This World is a Jungle and if not for Many People incarcerated by religion Doctrines, Humanity would have killed itself Finish especially Africa here where it is nothing but Wickedness:
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Albertone(m): 11:44am On May 18, 2022
Albertone:

Sheiszainab

When you were preaching islam unnecessarily to me,you were sounding all nice.Just so I can accept what you're saying.

Now you're done talking about islam,you aired me.Meaning it's only your Islamic preaching that made you communicate with me.
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Albertone(m): 11:49am On May 18, 2022
DonroxyII:
I just thanK God Religion was introduced into Africa Albeit the World. What Many Don't understand is that This World is a Jungle and if not for Many People incarcerated by religion Doctrines, Humanity would have killed itself Finish especially Africa here where it is nothing but Wickedness:

All the killings he mentioned,where did you see anything relating to religion there?
You just want to berate religion.

If not for the christianity religion,it'll be worse than this.

Imagine the whole of Africa belongs to that religion of piss,we would all be extinct by now.
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by DonroxyII: 12:28pm On May 18, 2022
Albertone:

All the killings he mentioned,where did you see anything relating to religion there?
You just want to berate religion.

If not for the christianity religion,it'll be worse than this.

Imagine the whole of Africa belongs to that religion of piss,we would all be extinct by now.
Religion is being attacked bro:
Islam which literally means peace is now on Violence from Nations to Nations:

While Christianity which literally means Salvation is now bedevilled with Immoralities from Church to Church

Human can't sustain Good Philosophies and Principles for Long without Abuse due to the Animalistic instinct in Us will always Pops Up which the Grace of God via Humanitarianism and Humanities seeks to Eliminate Only if we Allow:

The Immoralities in Christianity today can make Jesus to even use Mosaic Laws instead of "Go and Sin No More" : But He Who without Sin should cast the First Stone: Except those that killed Deborah have Never-Ever Sin Before .... That's why Each Nation is What they are : Unjustified Killings But Did it end there

If you tagged Islam Religion of Piss, You are also Piss because With Your IQ, if you were to be a Muslim which you were not by chance and due to the fact that your parents were Christians, You would have been Among those that would kill Deborah Samuel with the amount of Fury that would be in your heart against Christianity:

This is never about Jesus or Mohammed but the Heart of Man is Evil if not for God's Grace:

God = Good

Killing Deborah is not Good because Nobody educated her on Blasphemy and she was just a victim of Violent Environments:

There is also violence inside your Heart Christ or No Christ: You are a potential BokoHaram tongue

This is all about IQ and If You Mistakenly behaved Nonsensically Among Religion Extremists, You know what's Up grin...
Wisdom Is Sancrosanct to Blessings as Bible stated: I Don't know the Verse:

I'm a Muslim with eternal maximum love for Christ(The Holy Spirit) kiss and all other religions prophesying Good even in China or North Korea as far it is Good, That's God right there!

I Love God(Good) not Religious Myopic like You Blinded by some people's description Nope!

All Goods belongst to God

All Evils is from Our Hands

Unjustified Killings and Heat Up Condemnations and HyperCriticisms are the Evils of our hands which shall begets further Evils:

Oyinbo only remove one "O" from Good to arrive at "God" .... If you No Know Now you do cheesy
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Gregmbey: 1:13pm On May 18, 2022
This story was written by someone else, bringing it here is not a problem but you should have acknowledged the original author. @merit455 thanks for putting the story in Nairaland but I wrote this story. It was my reply to a Facebook post by Babatunde O. Adenuga on killing of Deborah which can be seen in my Facebook page as well.

Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Albertone(m): 1:25pm On May 18, 2022
DonroxyII:
Religion is being attacked bro:
Offpoint!

Mooh247:
cool
Africans are generally wicked

Last week 2 men got lynched in Delta state over a bike

Two weeks back two soldiers were beheaded in Imo state

Go through Cultist Update post on Nairaland, every day young men butcher themselves for no reason

Go through Udele/ Oyigboupdate post every week someone got killed every Monday sit at home

It's high time we stand completely against killing of all manners regardless of the reasons

killing is not allowed under Nigerian constituition , criminal code, penal code or Sharia law

Where did you see anything relating to religion in this young man's post??
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Gregmbey: 1:32pm On May 18, 2022
Your post made it to front page of Nigeria’s most informative platform, Nairaland. But e pain me say dem be no give u de credit.

The information above was sent to me by former student who graduated about four ago. This is not even call plagiarism, in my profession we make reference to the original author of a write up.

Always cite the source of any article that does not belong to you, not even "copied " was written underneath.

Deborah's murder reminds me of my service year in Yobe was written by me and not @merit455.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by tammie24: 6:41am On May 24, 2022
NobleAngell:
Some years ago, When Makarfi was the governor of Kaduna state, there was a war btw Iraq and Iran or was it Kuwait (can't say). Next thing, these guys started giving a crisis undertone inKaduna. Makarfi gave an instruction that an empty plane be made ready for a free trip to Iraq/Iran for whomever wants to fight. He said nobody should bring that nonsense to Kaduna. That was how everyone respected themselves and no one showed up on the plane. That man still remains my best governor of Kaduna so far.

By the way, he was a Muslim o but he had zero tolerance for BS.
I remember this very well
Was in kaduna too
He had zero tolerance for BS
He even gave order to shoot at sight anyone trying to cause disturbance in the state
My best governor!

2 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by fairwilliams: 7:41pm On Jun 21, 2022
Candidlady:

Iam from the north but Ido not support and iwill never support such barbaric act. Please stay outta my mention

Do have a lovely weekend

Don't be mad @me... Did u stay in island?
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by manutdrichie(m): 2:27pm On Feb 18
God o

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Corper Uwaoma Susan Joseph Buys Keke Napep From Her NYSC Allowance Savings / Female Corper Slays In Her NYSC Khaki Skirt (Photos) / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.