Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony (39895 Views)

Nigerian Lady Shares Photos From Her Simple Wedding Ceremony / Congolese Man Marries Triplet Sisters Same Day In Colourful Wedding Ceremony / Dollars Rain Heavily At A Wedding Ceremony In Benin, Edo State (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by irunoko(m): 3:26am On May 14, 2022
Iamolukorede:
Look, reading through your submissions about what ensued at the event, as an adult which I seem you are one. Learn to accept disappointment as in get used to it, there is nothing you can do about pple taking decision.

There decision and choice of life is left to them and if you seem not happy with there decision or choice then you have your own decisions to take, either to leave the event or you stayed since you feel pained by their actions.

Take it or leave it everyone can't think act like you have want, you don't have to be paranoid or pain regarding their decision and you can't change a thing about it even nairaland won't save your ass. Jus let it slide and chin up.

Selah...
what exactly is he really pained for because there's nothing worth being pained about.if you offer someone money and the person says no, why should that become something to be offended by? Anyway I know what is wrong with op.hes egoistical.his ego is bruised possibly the others spraying money reminds him of his financial state.

Op the Bible says the Lord resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.you cannot be broke and still be proud.na double jeopardy be that.if you want grace from God to be financially comfortable and happy in your marriage,be humble and be happy for others.they have a right to their choice and they have the right to want what they want

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by irunoko(m): 3:29am On May 14, 2022
cheesy
Myexdisturbs:

You wish them normal married life yet u wish to see the, fail in the future, witch, mo go pursue your own future
no bruise him fragile ego Na grin

You too harsh with words grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by irunoko(m): 3:29am On May 14, 2022
cheesy
Myexdisturbs:

You wish them normal married life yet u wish to see the, fail in the future, witch, mo go pursue your own future
no bruise him fragile ego Na grin

You too harsh with words grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by irunoko(m): 3:31am On May 14, 2022
Persephone1:
You have an unsafe sense of self awareness.
gbam.exactly.youre very apt.his dangerous sense of self awareness stems from a place of PRIDE AND LOW SELF ESTEEM

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by DonSpankie: 3:58am On May 14, 2022
Tonero5200:
I Just attended a wedding ceremony where the celebrants told the mc to announce to the public that people shouldn't bother spraying them. the mcee said it loud and clear, that we should eat and drink and keep our change to ourselves or we should come spray him the mcee or DJ. As a normal nigeria at first we were happy, atleast money is saved, but as time went on we realised they were certain people that were allowed and expected to sprayed while they were dancing, the celebrant peers and all, Rain of cash everywhere... meaning we that they saw we were likely coming to spray with 500# or 1k were rebuked, probably they don't need our 50naira, change.

I felt embarrassed and angry at the same time, that's ill-mannered from them, I hate it when people look down on me, because they are financially bouyant they think they can look down on people anyhow. Well I look to see them in few years time where they will be. I wished them a normal married Life and withold the happiness from it because I don't think they need it.

It is simply because you have prioritized money ahead of everything what did you lose by not spraying absolutely nothing.... use your money for something meaningful bro
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by InoGetJoy: 4:13am On May 14, 2022
Tonero5200:
yeah I walked out, no time left with a plate of rice though.
hahahahahaha...my G, that plate of rice is very important for stepping down your anger
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by careytommy37(m): 4:27am On May 14, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
This is quite hilarious..you should have proved that you was financially buoyant by spraying them some high cash then.. grin

No mind the weyrey grin grin grin
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Dest8sman: 4:28am On May 14, 2022
Them see am spray twenty twenty naira for another wedding before

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by longview007: 4:36am On May 14, 2022
Tonero5200:
I Just attended a wedding ceremony where the celebrants told the mc to announce to the public that people shouldn't bother spraying them. the mcee said it loud and clear, that we should eat and drink and keep our change to ourselves or we should come spray him the mcee or DJ. As a normal nigeria at first we were happy, atleast money is saved, but as time went on we realised they were certain people that were allowed and expected to sprayed while they were dancing, the celebrant peers and all, Rain of cash everywhere... meaning we that they saw we were likely coming to spray with 500# or 1k were rebuked, probably they don't need our 50naira, change.

I felt embarrassed and angry at the same time, that's ill-mannered from them, I hate it when people look down on me, because they are financially bouyant they think they can look down on people anyhow. Well I look to see them in few years time where they will be. I wished them a normal married Life and withold the happiness from it because I don't think they need it.

This your last statement
(... and withold the happiness from it because I don't think they need it.) was part of the reason they asked u not to spray money.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by HRMK: 4:43am On May 14, 2022
hahaha....which one u dey?envy or jealousy?na by force peson dey spray celebrant cash?anyway some evil minded peson dey spray celebrants bad luck....they are only bn security conscious!!
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by bunmioguns(m): 4:44am On May 14, 2022
Tonero5200:

Na by force to spray money self?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by muyico(m): 4:54am On May 14, 2022
It mean nothing.dont take it personal
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by TheRollingStone: 5:45am On May 14, 2022
Go hustle bro. Nothing go do who no show you love
Life no be your mate

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Psady(m): 6:20am On May 14, 2022
MrMcJay:
I attended a wedding of my former neighbour. The band was singing and hailing people until the groom's elder brother started spraying 1,000 notes. This guy sprayed for more than 1 hour and all through the time he was spraying, the band stopped singing for the couple and were singing for him. At a point, he went to drink water and came back to continue spraying.
Nothing really bad in what you just narrated, it's a norm anywhere, and for the MC, IT'S his job to rake in more money for the celebrants.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by 123papas(m): 6:21am On May 14, 2022
Wish the a happy married life irrespective of any treatment. Don’t be a wizard
Tonero5200:

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Originalsly: 6:24am On May 14, 2022
Tonero5200:

I'm not poor, I'm rich in mind, body and soul and I treat people how they treat me.
Yes I withold my best wishes for the next man who "needs" it.

Bro ... times are hard... money to get by is precious and scarce to a growing number of people... many of them at the wedding. The groom knows that ... he is well off and doesn't need money to offset the wedding nor to help him in marriage. In his mind... unlike soooo many MoG... it is likely that he is not comfortable receiving money from people who he knows really need it. But at the same time ... he knows that these same people came with the intention of spraying so he gives an option to spray to the MC or DJ. If you didn't like the option then you simply keep your money or spray it on another occasion. Spraying is part of the celebration.... but the people who were allowed to spray were those who were swimming in money... can spray big bills for an hour and their bank account would remain almost the same. He is comfortable with that. Maybe he gathered all that money and dumped it at an orphanage.
You can be rich in mind and body and soul... but this was about money. He treated you and everyone with respect by announcing that you should not spray....that's not disrespectful. If you began to spray your small money and he tells you stop.... that's disrespectful and embarrassing. Seems like you are embarrassed because you believe you are rich and didn't get the opportunity to display yourself! Humble yourself.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by freddie009(m): 6:25am On May 14, 2022
Mindlog:

If na me, I no go feel any embarrassment as the couple don do their seiving....my own na to balance and enjoy their food and drinks plus takeaway. cheesy cheesy

Exactly, some people get angry unnecessarily. Na there I go sit down chop more, even carry wine go house. If you let what people say control your emotions then bro you are in for a long ride in this life.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by franchasofficia: 6:27am On May 14, 2022
Tonero5200:

You weren't supposed to feel embarrassed at all.

I did almost the same thing during my wedding.

The only difference is that I wrote mine on the invitation card and it was also stated that its strictly by invite, and nobody is expected to spray money or give gift to the couple. There was no arrangement for couple to dance, only country music were played, and no room for high table or whatever they call it. Phones were not also allowed inside the reception hall, just come in and sit, eat and drink to your fill.

When it was time to take pictures, buses were stationed to convey people interested in
taking pictures to venue for snapping and back to the reception hotel where they boarded their private cars back to their various homes and destinations.

So these things depends on peoples choices, some people love private life, some want extra security, some don't want to burden their guests with worrying about money to spray them or what to gift them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by freddie009(m): 6:30am On May 14, 2022
franchasofficia:

The only difference is that I wrote mine on the invitation card and it was also stated that its strictly by invite, and nobody is expected to spray money or give gift to the couple. There was no arrangement for couple to dance, only country music were played, and no room for high table or whatever they call it. Phones were not also allowed inside the reception hall, just come in and sit, eat and drink to your fill.

When it was time to take pictures, buses were stationed to convey people interested in
taking pictures to venue for snapping and back to the reception hotel where they boarded their private cars back to their various homes and destinations.

So these things depends on peoples choices, some people love private life, some want extra security, some don't want to burden their guests with worrying about money to spray them or what to gift them.

Abeg this one an oversabi jore, if this is true.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by PericomaNwankwo: 6:41am On May 14, 2022
Tonero5200:

Well not everyone is like you bro, some of us are sensitive to issues like this. To me that was another level of subtle embarrassment coming from the host.

How close we're you to the celebrants?
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by PericomaNwankwo: 6:42am On May 14, 2022
franchasofficia:

Thank you!!! I don learn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by franchasofficia: 6:46am On May 14, 2022
freddie009:

Abeg this one an oversabi jore, if this is true.
What's oversabi there?

I didn't want to burden anybody, plus I never liked the idea of couple dance and all those various wedding brouhaha they do. I wanted a simplified yet classy wedding devoid of stress. I didn't want to stress myself on my wedding day in the name of wedding ceremony. And I also didn't want to burden some of my guest who came from remote villages to go bothering about money to spray or gift to gift us, so I completely canceled money spraying and gifting completely.

Many people cherished it and I learnt many said they would adopt that style.

All I needed was for few people to come and witness that I am officially married, not to use my wedding as a fundraising campaign or to disturb the whole town, that's never my kind of person from childhood

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Austeeenxx: 7:02am On May 14, 2022
I wonder why you're so pained? This is a perfect mix of low self-esteem and jealousy. �
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by aktolly54(m): 7:08am On May 14, 2022
Tonero5200:
yeah I walked out, no time left with a plate of rice though.
why you dey vex afterall you are not ready to spray them 2m or 5m that day, the celebrant just feel like you should keep your 100k to yourself instead of giving them. Be happy for them... we movee
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Mattwillz: 7:17am On May 14, 2022
You dey vex you still carry rice you go chop..yeye Dey smell
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Pat081: 7:19am On May 14, 2022
Did they mention any body name?
Tonero5200:

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 7:21am On May 14, 2022
Tonero5200:

They find every mist to ridicule people at any given opportunity
person talk say make u no waste your money n u deh vex... Abeg who go remind me that Ebenezer obey song?
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Sweetvie: 7:22am On May 14, 2022
Tonero5200:

They find every mist to ridicule people at any given opportunity
I don't see any reason for you to be angry... It's what they want at least it not as if they face u and told you not to spray dem money... You av a low self-esteem, you felt as if they were talking to you, right?
You wey suppose dey happy grin you go wedding u no spend shishi and still chop rice join cheesy cheesy ... Don't be embarrassed, they mean no harm... They r just trying to help you guys save money smiley
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by macho44(m): 7:27am On May 14, 2022
Mindlog:

I hardly feel insulted because I have worked in facilities where collecting insults was part of my job description....so e no dey pain again. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Comrade, if you write a book titled "My Collection Of Insults" walahi e go sell pass pure water grin grin grin
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Londonpraise(f): 7:59am On May 14, 2022
With the nature of the world now...we didn't allow anybody spray us o, even when someone came to ask...Oga say eat,keep your money with or without spray I we know we were to spend money..

And in other to achieve that and stay out of debt we hosted as we can in terms of number
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by princewarri1985: 8:00am On May 14, 2022
Uncle you heard them right, keep your money for your pocket, eat their rice, if possible eat 5 plate and drink their drink wella too, you can give the money you wanted to spray to a beggar on your way home, non be everything una go bring come nairaland. Their life, their buisness. Mind your buisness
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by luvyaself95(m): 8:00am On May 14, 2022
Immediately they finish their stupid and annoying speech i will just stand up and walk out of the weeding reception.
I don't tolerate nonsense undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Heavy Rain Destroys Beautiful Wedding Decoration Setup Disrupting Event (video) / Checkout These Couple And Their Attire At Their Wedding In Lagos. Photos / Florence Edo's 40th Birthday In Amsterdam, Money Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.