Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony (39899 Views)

Nigerian Lady Shares Photos From Her Simple Wedding Ceremony / Congolese Man Marries Triplet Sisters Same Day In Colourful Wedding Ceremony / Dollars Rain Heavily At A Wedding Ceremony In Benin, Edo State (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Fkforyou(m): 8:14am On May 14, 2022
Originalsly:

Bro ... times are hard... money to get by is precious and scarce to a growing number of people... many of them at the wedding. The groom knows that ... he is well off and doesn't need money to offset the wedding nor to help him in marriage. In his mind... unlike soooo many MoG... it is likely that he is not comfortable receiving money from people who he knows really need it. But at the same time ... he knows that these same people came with the intention of spraying so he gives an option to spray to the MC or DJ. If you didn't like the option then you simply keep your money or spray it on another occasion. Spraying is part of the celebration.... but the people who were allowed to spray were those who were swimming in money... can spray big bills for an hour and their bank account would remain almost the same. He is comfortable with that. Maybe he gathered all that money and dumped it at an orphanage.
You can be rich in mind and body and soul... but this was about money. He treated you and everyone with respect by announcing that you should not spray....that's not disrespectful. If you began to spray your small money and he tells you stop.... that's disrespectful and embarrassing. Seems like you are embarrassed because you believe you are rich and didn't get the opportunity to display yourself! Humble yourself.

Finally, someone gets it.
You, my man, is very wise.
The groom is actually doing him a favor, but look at how he took it. That goes to show the actual mindset of the OP. Luckily for the celebrants, their good intention even though misunderstood by disgruntled humans like OP who wish them nothing but evil endings, were still protected because it deprived him of coming close to them.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Solkem: 8:26am On May 14, 2022
If you are angry on that then what will happen if them select some set of people and give them food and leave others wetin you go do?for me the type of wedding that annoys me is the one they will announce that it's entering is striçtly by showing an identification
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by aktolly54(m): 8:43am On May 14, 2022
Rawhumper:
If you look at their action from another
perspective, you see that its not really right.

But like someone said its their day and their call.

YOU NEVER SEE WHERE THEY USE MONEY SPRAY ON SOMEONE TO COLLECT SPIRITUAL THING FROM SOMEONE? IS IT BY FORCE TO SPRAY SOMEONE MONEY AFTER ALL THE MONEY OP WANT SPRAY NO REACH 2M . the way idiot dey rant show he can spray pass 20k from his rich mind

Nonsense

quote author=Persephone1 post=112800472]A rich person in mind soul and body as you claimed will definitely not pick offense in the couple's demand. Insecurity and maliciousness isn't a sign of Richness.Let it go.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Ravenbeast1(m): 8:55am On May 14, 2022
Tonero5200:
yeah I walked out, no time left with a plate of rice though.

You even carry their rice grin
So what are you now saying?
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Udemzy05: 8:55am On May 14, 2022
Chai, morals in the mud.

Why dem invite most of them when dem know say dem want a particular set of people to come spray money?

Those saying their wedding their decision don't know what they are saying, what the couples did was wrong, some comments for here just show the reason why person get mind dey open school of yahoo for naija.

Spit.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by lebete3000: 9:05am On May 14, 2022
dawnomike:
Why you dey vex? They only announced what they wanted at their own wedding ooo!!!

You could simply have walked out if it didn't appeal to your moral justification.

I Taya oh. See evulz.

Avoid broke people by all means. They always believe you are the cause of their predicament.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by judinho07(m): 9:06am On May 14, 2022
"mad'oo..my take on dix is,if u are invited.it's normal to b angry cause wọt they did is called c finish..but if they no invite u..na u drag urself go their wedding..na ee'n b say u b.......@fernandezisback..give dix dude a name..!!!?
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by MtDave55: 9:29am On May 14, 2022
Person invite you to come eat and drink, you dey complain sai they no allowed you spray your N50 change. Na by force oooh, since you don't have just admit it, you never can tell Who is willing to lai a helping hand
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by freddie009(m): 9:41am On May 14, 2022
franchasofficia:
What's oversabi there?

I didn't want to burden anybody, plus I never liked the idea of couple dance and all those various wedding brouhaha they do. I wanted a simplified yet classy wedding devoid of stress. I didn't want to stress myself on my wedding day in the name of wedding ceremony. And I also didn't want to burden some of my guest who came from remote villages to go bothering about money to spray or gift to gift us, so I completely canceled money spraying and gifting completely.

Many people cherished it and I learnt many said they would adopt that style.

All I needed was for few people to come and witness that I am officially married, not to use my wedding as a fundraising campaign or to disturb the whole town, that's never my kind of person from childhood

Though what you said makes sense. I hope to meet a girl who wouldn't want this so-called fairy tale wedding. I'm not good with crowds as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Mindlog: 10:05am On May 14, 2022
macho44:

Comrade, if you write a book titled "My Collection Of Insults" walahi e go sell pass pure water grin grin grin

My Collection Of insults cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Omotosho1090905(m): 10:20am On May 14, 2022
If to say they don't allow anyone to spray on them would have relate with their decision but segmenting no that's a slap on your wedding attendance I really don't know what people gain in using their happiness to make others feel sad
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Tyndalejane: 10:22am On May 14, 2022
[quote author=Mindlog post=112801251]

I hardly feel insulted because I have worked in facilities where collecting insults was part of my job description....so e no dey pain again. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Like someone calling you foolish fool, nonentical nonsense, idiotical idiot hmmmm. Na man you be o. I respect you. Because me I no fit. Even if na Buhari employ me. I can't take it.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Mindlog: 10:27am On May 14, 2022
[quote author=Tyndalejane post=112818653][/quote]

Working in psychiatric facilities where such is "normal', you tend to no longer feel it.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Iamolukorede(m): 10:53am On May 14, 2022
irunoko:
what exactly is he really pained for because there's nothing worth being pained about.if you offer someone money and the person says no, why should that become something to be offended by? Anyway I know what is wrong with op.hes egoistical.his ego is bruised possibly the others spraying money reminds him of his financial state.

Op the Bible says the Lord resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.you cannot be broke and still be proud.na double jeopardy be that.if you want grace from God to be financially comfortable and happy in your marriage,be humble and be happy for others.they have a right to their choice and they have the right to want what they want

Absolutely, the Bible state it clear, you can't be poor and yet proud. The op needs to get alot off his mind and I think he feel in secure. Like everyone has choices to make in life and that is the couple choices for you guys not to spray them money but only for those who are ready to spray them in dollars, lobatan.

If op is an adult he will quickly get over it and if not he should sit in his living room and drink alot of water.

Selah ..

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Rawhumper(m): 11:25am On May 14, 2022
Is not by force, maybe that was their reason.

All the best to newly married couples.

quote author=aktolly54 post=112816099][/quote]
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Nobody: 11:49am On May 14, 2022
Why is it your business? It could be for security reasons or in fact for any reason at all.
For your information, it is illegal to spray Naira notes the way it is done. It is an abuse of the Naira. You could have put the money in an envelop and given to them.
The people you saw spraying them probably ignored the couple's instructions.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by blackboy(m): 11:55am On May 14, 2022
Listen to yourself!! And read your last few comments. They did the right thing by not letting your likes spray them.
You are cursing them or should i say wish them ill . Na them i even blame. No wonder some couples dont announce their weddings, quietly do it with a few. It is at most weddings couples get cursed. Someone will shout why did you invite us when you no get food give us or enough drinks . And all sorts of insults.
Guy if i say your type or insult you..na wahh
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by samwillyco1(m): 12:07pm On May 14, 2022
Were you invited or you just went there
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by tunize(m): 12:13pm On May 14, 2022
The MC point you for the party? No. It was a general announcement inside that party so it will be shocking to you to note that some invitees are even wealthier than the group of spraying friends. Ppl wen do party say see waitn dey want you dey complain? When you want to sew a cloth why don't you just carry your material to the tailor and allow him sew any style for you? Save for anger for better thing!
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by sylve11: 1:41pm On May 14, 2022
Tonero5200:
I meaning we that they saw we were likely coming to spray with 500# or 1k were rebuked, probably they don't need our 50naira, change.

I wished them a normal married Life and withold the happiness from it because I don't think they need it.

I nor fit laugh abeg grin grin grin cool
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by GloriousGbola: 1:53pm On May 14, 2022
Mindlog:

I hardly feel insulted because I have worked in facilities where collecting insults was part of my job description....so e no dey pain again. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7pDyRslzbQ
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Rajosh(m): 1:59pm On May 14, 2022
Lol. You hope to see them in few years time. You think this is nollywood where you'll meet them later and they've become poor.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Horlhamhi(f): 3:02pm On May 14, 2022
Persephone1:
The couple's action will qualify as embarrassment if Op was single out and prevented from spraying. But no, that wasn't the case. Op is being unnecessarily bitter because he couldn't be in the spraying group. Call it Pride, inferiority complex, insecurity, entitlement issues just in a person, that's rich!
You have a great writing skill... you are a Writer, yea?
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Munzy14(m): 3:04pm On May 14, 2022
Tonero5200:
I Just attended a wedding ceremony where the celebrants told the mc to announce to the public that people shouldn't bother spraying them. the mcee said it loud and clear, that we should eat and drink and keep our change to ourselves or we should come spray him the mcee or DJ. As a normal nigeria at first we were happy, atleast money is saved, but as time went on we realised they were certain people that were allowed and expected to sprayed while they were dancing, the celebrant peers and all, Rain of cash everywhere... meaning we that they saw we were likely coming to spray with 500# or 1k were rebuked, probably they don't need our 50naira, change.

I felt embarrassed and angry at the same time, that's ill-mannered from them, I hate it when people look down on me, because they are financially bouyant they think they can look down on people anyhow. Well I look to see them in few years time where they will be. I wished them a normal married Life and withold the happiness from it because I don't think they need it.
Must you spray? Why not package it in an envelope and give to who invited you undecided
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by iamL(f): 4:06pm On May 14, 2022
freddie009:

Abeg this one an oversabi jore, if this is true.

No be oversabi. It all depends on the caliber of the individuals involved.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by iamL(f): 4:13pm On May 14, 2022
franchasofficia:
You weren't supposed to feel embarrassed at all.

I did almost the same thing during my wedding.

The only difference is that I wrote mine on the invitation card and it was also stated that its strictly by invite, and nobody is expected to spray money or give gift to the couple. There was no arrangement for couple to dance, only country music were played, and no room for high table or whatever they call it. Phones were not also allowed inside the reception hall, just come in and sit, eat and drink to your fill.

When it was time to take pictures, buses were stationed to convey people interested in
taking pictures to venue for snapping and back to the reception hotel where they boarded their private cars back to their various homes and destinations.

So these things depends on peoples choices, some people love private life, some want extra security, some don't want to burden their guests with worrying about money to spray them or what to gift them.

This is almost the same pattern I am going to do mine.

I have always said that I won't accept gift and cash which I will state on the IV except from very close friends and family.

U see that couple feeding is a total No for me.
Pictures and couple dance are ok for me.

Who wan vex 9 sabi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by iamL(f): 4:20pm On May 14, 2022
Tonero5200:
I Just attended a wedding ceremony where the celebrants told the mc to announce to the public that people shouldn't bother spraying them. the mcee said it loud and clear, that we should eat and drink and keep our change to ourselves or we should come spray him the mcee or DJ. As a normal nigeria at first we were happy, atleast money is saved, but as time went on we realised they were certain people that were allowed and expected to sprayed while they were dancing, the celebrant peers and all, Rain of cash everywhere... meaning we that they saw we were likely coming to spray with 500# or 1k were rebuked, probably they don't need our 50naira, change.

I felt embarrassed and angry at the same time, that's ill-mannered from them, I hate it when people look down on me, because they are financially bouyant they think they can look down on people anyhow. Well I look to see them in few years time where they will be. I wished them a normal married Life and withold the happiness from it because I don't think they need it.

Your last paragraph shows that they made the right decision by dodging a bullet from your type.

You don't need to wish them well for their union to be happy.

Your problem is not poverty, there as so many poor people with good heart. Go work on your bad belle and low self esteem!
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by franchasofficia: 5:23pm On May 14, 2022
iamL:

This is almost the same pattern I am going to do mine.

I have always said that I won't accept gift and cash which I will state on the IV except from very close friends and family.

U see that couple feeding is a total No for me.
Pictures and couple dance are ok for me.

Who wan vex 9 sabi.
Do your thing my sister lol
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by Aaay: 5:32pm On May 14, 2022
Oh
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by InvertedHammer: 8:39pm On May 14, 2022
Tonero5200:

/
So you ate free food and drank free buzz, on top of that they asked you to save your little change; yet you are still complaining.

/
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by constyo: 7:58pm On May 15, 2022
[quote author=Tonero5200 post=112798338]I Just attended a wedding ceremony where the celebrants told the mc to announce to the public that people shouldn't bother spraying them. the mcee said it loud and clear, that we should eat and drink and keep our change to ourselves or we should come spray him the mcee or DJ. As a normal nigeria at first we were happy, atleast money is saved, but as time went on we realised they were certain people that were allowed and expected to sprayed while they were dancing, the celebrant peers and all, Rain of cash everywhere... meaning we that they saw we were likely coming to spray with 500# or 1k were rebuked, probably they don't need our 50naira, change.

I felt embarrassed and angry at the same time, that's ill-mannered from them, I hate it when people look down on me, because they are financially bouyant they think they can look down on people anyhow. Well I look to see them in few years time where they will be. I wished them a normal married Life and withold the happiness from it because I don't think they need it. Omo na this kind wedding i de like o. chop and dust yash Waka de go.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony by BluntCrazeMan: 5:37am On May 20, 2022
Tonero5200:

The embarrassment nor let me chop am there lol, you know that kind of feeling.
The problem is with you sir.
Something as little as this, na’im you dey vex for??
They made the announcement, and some people flouted the announcement, and you dey vex for the announcement which had already been flouted and rendered useless??
If you really wanted to spray him, you would have flouted the announcement too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Heavy Rain Destroys Beautiful Wedding Decoration Setup Disrupting Event (video) / Checkout These Couple And Their Attire At Their Wedding In Lagos. Photos / Florence Edo's 40th Birthday In Amsterdam, Money Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.