Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,335 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato (3843 Views)

Sweden Officially Joins NATO, Ending Decades Of Neutrality / Tuggar To Israel: 'Palestine Deserves To Exist As An Independent Nation' / Biden: No Peace Until Middle East Nations Recognize Israel's Right To Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by nyiamfrank: 8:51pm On May 13, 2022
yomexp:

in a nutshell...

*Finland in 1941allied with NAZI Germany

*They allowed Germany to use their soil to attack RUSIA ( Leningrad) and northern Russia

*subjected more than a Million Russians to death by starvation

*They ( FINLAND) lost the war.

* Signed a treaty with Russia to be a Neutral state(forever) in exchange to exist as a nation

* Fast-forward to 2022 FINLAND wants to Join NATO!!!!!!
thanks for the update

Will they become part of Russia?
Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by yomexp(m): 8:51pm On May 13, 2022
christistruth01:

Yes the US are very Merciful Conquerors
Even the Germans and Japanese admitted it
america is the only country to have used a nuclear weapon not once but twice. america used biological weapon in Vietnam, the consequences are still being felt today the list goes on. i just dont wanna go into details right now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by christistruth01: 8:52pm On May 13, 2022
yomexp:
America is the worst perpetrator of war crimes in the history of mankind... do you want me to give you the list of their crimes?

If the US were not Merciful Conquerors they would have turned those Countries to Colonies and they would not have left
Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by christistruth01: 8:54pm On May 13, 2022
yomexp:

america is the only country to have used a nuclear weapon not once but twice. america used biological weapon in Vietnam, the consequences are still being felt today the list goes on. i just dont wanna go into details right now.

Germany had no nuclear weapons yet they caused the deaths of 6 Million Jews and 20 million Russians during WW2

1 Like

Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by yomexp(m): 8:55pm On May 13, 2022
christistruth01:

If the US were not Merciful Conquerors they would have turned those Countries to Colonies and they would not have left
america is colonizing the whole world as we speak. grin you dont even know what you are talking about.

There are roughly 750 US foreign military bases; they are spread across 80 nations! After the U.S is the UK, but they only have 145 bases. Russia has about 3 dozen bases, and China just five. This implies that the U.S has three times as many bases as all other countries combined. Quite astonishing if you ask us.
Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 13, 2022
yomexp:

in a nutshell...

Because between 1939-40, the Finns were attacked by Russia. It's called the Winter War, and the Finns won. They then allied with the Nazis.

*They allowed Germany to use their soil to attack RUSIA ( Leningrad) and northern Russia

Yes, and let's also remember what the Russians did to Poland and who they collaborated with on dividing Poland...yes...Nazi Germany.

That's on the Nazis. They were in charge of the POW camps, and they messed up.

In 1944, they pulled out of their alliance with the Nazis, signed an armistice with the Soviets, and got peace in return for the Soviets taking a huge chunk of Finnish land. Bet you forgot that.

* Signed a treaty with Russia to be a Neutral state(forever) in exchange to exist as a nation

Not exactly. The armistice with russia was signed in 1944, long before NATO was thought of.

Because, quite simply, they do not want to be invaded by the Russians again. They don't want to be a colony of Russia again.

You guys should stop justifying illegal invasions. You are sounding like the neo-conservatives under Bush when they were illegally invading Afghanistan and Iraq for nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by christistruth01: 8:58pm On May 13, 2022
nyiamfrank:
thanks for the update

Will they become part of Russia?

Finland were not allies of Germany

Germany invaded Sweden Norway and Finland then used it as a base to attack Russia
Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 13, 2022
yomexp:

america is the only country to have used a nuclear weapon not once but twice.

Yes, because the alternative was a land invasion of Japan that would have led to a genocide of nearly 5-10 million Japanese people.

america used biological weapon in Vietnam, the consequences are still being felt today the list goes on. i just dont wanna go into details right now.

Chemical weapons (Agent Orange), and yes, Vietnam was illegal invasion...which is why you should not support Russia invading Ukraine. If they had not invaded Ukraine, Finland would still be neutral, as would Sweden.

1 Like

Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by WhatCanIsay(m): 9:01pm On May 13, 2022
yomexp:

in a nutshell...

Did you miss some pages in your history book? Russia also was aligned with Nazi Germany earlier on in the war.
Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by yomexp(m): 9:03pm On May 13, 2022
subsidywise18:

Because between 1939-40, the Finns were attacked by Russia. It's called the Winter War, and the Finns won. They then allied with the Nazis.

Yes, and let's also remember what the Russians did to Poland and who they collaborated with on dividing Poland...yes...Nazi Germany.

That's on the Nazis. They were in charge of the POW camps, and they messed up.

In 1944, they pulled out of their alliance with the Nazis, signed an armistice with the Soviets, and got peace in return for the Soviets taking a huge chunk of Finnish land. Bet you forgot that.

Not exactly. The armistice with russia was signed in 1944, long before NATO was thought of.

Because, quite simply, they do not want to be invaded by the Russians again. They don't want to be a colony of Russia again.

You guys should stop justifying illegal invasions. You are sounding like the neo-conservatives under Bush when they were illegally invading Afghanistan and Iraq for nothing.
i just want to ask you a question.

what happened when Russia wanted to put a nuke in Cuba?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 13, 2022
christistruth01:

Finland were not allies of Germany

Germany invaded Sweden Norway and Finland then used it as a base to attack Russia

Actually, the Finns were allied to Germany from 1941....after fighting a war against the Soviets from 1939-40, which ended in a truce. The Soviets were allied to Nazi Germany till 1941, when the Nazis invaded, and broke the treaty. The Finns then allied with the Nazis .

(Fun fact; one of the active recordings of Hitler's actual conversational voice was made by the Finns, when Adolf visited Mannerheim, Finland's chief soldier and later leader during the war).

Germany also never invaded Sweden. (Sweden stayed neutral throughout the war, although they were obliged to supply the Nazis with a lot of raw materials, since the war cut them off from many of theuir usual markets.)

In 1944, Mannerheim, the Finnish leader, seeing where the war was going, pulled Finland out of its alliance with the Nazis, and signed an armistice with the Soviets, and then joined the Allies.

1 Like

Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 13, 2022
yomexp:
i just want to ask you a question.

what happened when Russia wanted to put a nuke in Cuba?

The 1963 Cuban missile crisis

In brief, Khruschev wanted to send Kennedy a message...to back off from trying to remove his ally Castro...by planting missiles in Cuba.

This had the effect of scaring the Americans enough (the US has never had missiles pointing at it that close due to having no land borders with the soviets; meanwhile soviets had missles pointing at them in places like turkey.)

At the end, the US removed its missiles in Turkey and the Soviets removed their missiles in Cuba.

P.S - And no, it does not make Russia right to invade Ukraine, despite its concerns about security..same as the US was not right to invade Afghnaistan and Iraq because 'security' (I know what you are up to)
Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by yomexp(m): 9:09pm On May 13, 2022
subsidywise18:

Yes, because the alternative was a land invasion of Japan that would have led to a genocide of nearly 5-10 million Japanese people.

Chemical weapons (Agent Orange), and yes, Vietnam was illegal invasion...which is why you should not support Russia invading Ukraine. If they had not invaded Ukraine, Finland would still be neutral, as would Sweden.
can you heare yourself? you conviniently justified the use of nuclear weapon in japan but you dont want me to justify Russia's invassion of ukraine even though russia hasn't used a nuclear weapon. ok would your prefer Russian to nuke Ukraine to save millions of lives?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by Ayed44: 9:10pm On May 13, 2022
yomexp:
What Russian is doing in Ukraine will be child's play compared to what it will do to Finland if it constitute itself as an existential treat to Moscow, because you can't have NATO army so close to Russia and Russia will do everything in it power to protect itself. Russia may declare a total war on Finland.
Too late.

US and UK have already issued security guarantee to Finland and it's now untouchable to Russia.

2 Likes

Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by christistruth01: 9:12pm On May 13, 2022
subsidywise18:

Actually, the Finns were allied to Germany from 1941....after fighting a war against the Soviets from 1939-40, which ended in a truce. The Soviets were allied to Nazi Germany till 1941, when the Nazis invaded, and broke the treaty. The Finns then allied with the Nazis .

(Fun fact; one of the active recordings of Hitler's actual conversational voice was made by the Finns, when Adolf visited Mannerheim, Finland's chief soldier and later leader during the war).

Germany also never invaded Sweden. (Sweden stayed neutral throughout the war, although they were obliged to supply the Nazis with a lot of raw materials, since the war cut them off from many of theuir usual markets.)

In 1944, Mannerheim, the Finnish leader, seeing where the war was going, pulled Finland out of its alliance with the Nazis, and signed an armistice with the Soviets, and then joined the Allies.

Yes I just checked Finland allied with Germany then pulled out

But if you want to base things on agreement in the Budapest agreement Ukraine gave up it nuclear weapons which was the 3rd largest in the world on the condition that Russia US and UK guaranteed.its security

Russia has broken that agreement with this invasion of Ukraine
Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by yomexp(m): 9:15pm On May 13, 2022
subsidywise18:

The 1963 Cuban missile crisis

In brief, Khruschev wanted to send Kennedy a message...to back off from trying to remove his ally Castro...by planting missiles in Cuba.

This had the effect of scaring the Americans enough (the US has never had missiles pointing at it that close due to having no land borders with the soviets; meanwhile soviets had missles pointing at them in places like turkey.)

At the end, the US removed its missiles in Turkey and the Soviets removed their missiles in Cuba.

P.S - And no, it does not make Russia right to invade Ukraine, despite its concerns about security..same as the US was not right to invade Afghnaistan and Iraq because 'security' (I know what you are up to)

am asking you a question you went on the net to do copy and paste. can you say something in your own words if you want this discussion to continue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 13, 2022
BloomingDale:
Finland’s military has the Nazi symbol on their flag. Most Nigerians don’t know the Nazis hate blacks with demonic hatred, that’s why they are supporting Ukraine and demonizing Russia.

Oh, you mean the Swastika , that was the emblem of the Finnish AIR FORCE(discontinued since)...and is still used by their army on their flag

1.The Swastika emblem was adopted by the Finns in 1918. The DAP, which would later become the NSDP by 1920, and the NSDAP by 1926,(aka the Nazis) did not use the Swastika, or adopt it till 1920/1

2.Up till the 1920's, the swastika was seen as a good luck charm. Most aviators wore swastika medalions for good luck among other things.

3.There is even a town in Canada called Swastika. And they adpted the name in 1908 (as any indigene of the place will tell you in anger)

4.Swastikas are used even today on Japanese maps to indicate Buddhist temples. It is also a sacred symbol in Jainism (a minor religion in India...and yes they had it LONG before Adolf's great ancestor was born!)
Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 13, 2022
yomexp:

am asking you a question you went on the net to do copy and paste. can you say something in your own words if you want this discussion to continue.

Copy and paste my foot...I wrote that from the top of my head.

Some of us read a lot, you know.

Good evening.
Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by yomexp(m): 9:19pm On May 13, 2022
Ayed44:
Too late.

US and UK have already issued security guarantee to Finland and it's now untouchable to Russia.
good luck with that. the same way they promised Ukraine membership of NATO

2 Likes

Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 13, 2022
yomexp:
can you heare yourself? you conviniently justified the use of nuclear weapon in japan but you dont want me to justify Russia's invassion of ukraine even though russia hasn't used a nuclear weapon. ok would your prefer Russian to nuke Ukraine to save millions of lives?

Yes, I did, because it was war, and because of that.....war must be prevented at all costs so that we do not end up having to make such evil and terrible decisions.

Like Russia now codedly saying they would nuke some parts of Europe.

War that could have been avoided if Ukraine and Russia allowed cooler heads to prevail.

Good evening to you.
Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by yomexp(m): 9:20pm On May 13, 2022
subsidywise18:

Copy and paste my foot...I wrote that from the top of my head.

Some of us read a lot, you know.

Good evening.
GOOD BYE...
Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 13, 2022
yomexp:

GOOD BYE...

cheesy
Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 13, 2022
christistruth01:

Yes I just checked Finland allied with Germany then pulled out

But if you want to base things on agreement in the Budapest agreement Ukraine gave up it nuclear weapons which was the 3rd largest in the world on the condition that Russia US and UK guaranteed.its security

Russia has broken that agreement with this invasion of Ukraine

At the end, the war really is just the fight between 2 factions in Ukraine...the pro Russians and pro Western factions. The Pro-Russians have just called their sugar daddy to respond.

Personally, while I find the invasion wrong...I also appreciate that Russia does have a point. That's why for me, I'm on the fence really.

2 Likes

Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by kingjiss: 9:29pm On May 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

In other words there ain't no Nazi minority in Russia and Putin love blacks so much..
Wow what a clown you are.. grin

I your parents stupidity in you
Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by kingjiss: 9:30pm On May 13, 2022
muhyeenisce:
Hummm igbos use your head now and don’t ket your hate against someone who doesn’t even know you exist consume you, JAGABAN is not the cause of your misfortune, stop hating him instead pray and wished you have someone like him in your region

How old are you?
Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by yomexp(m): 9:30pm On May 13, 2022
christistruth01:

When it comes to War Crimes even though I don't like the way US invaded some countries US is very Humane

Iraq , Afghanistan and Serbia have woeful human rights records that cannot be denied

Vietnam and Libya US ought to have used diplomacy with

In Kosovo US was defending the Muslims there that had been there for over 500 years and the Serbs were unjustly trying to evict because it was their ancient homeland
STILL no country on planet earth can march America's atrocities in the history of war crimes not even nazi Germany. infact america is the reason ukraine is being invaded.
Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by Kingspin(m): 9:31pm On May 13, 2022
That's nonsense.

You wipe Finland, the world must wipe Russia.
What nonsense!
Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by yomexp(m): 9:35pm On May 13, 2022
kingjiss:

I your parents stupidity in you
can we make this discussion civil? refrain from using fowl languages. i often wonder why Nigerians are like this.

2 Likes

Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by excanny: 9:46pm On May 13, 2022
yomexp:

* IN 1949, Signed a treaty with Russia to be a Neutral state(forever) in exchange to exist as a nation

The Russian statement (in Russian) described Finland's move as "a radical change in the country's foreign policy".

"Finland's accession to Nato will cause serious damage to bilateral Russian-Finnish relations and the maintaining of stability and security in the Northern European region," it said.

"Russia will be forced to take retaliatory steps, both of a military-technical and other nature, in order to neutralise the threats to its national security that arise from this."

This is exactly what will lead to WWIII.

May even lead to Putin’s removal and defeat of Russia due to fighting on many fronts.

2022 might just be the year of global war
Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by yomexp(m): 9:49pm On May 13, 2022
excanny:

This is exactly what will lead to WWIII.

May even lead to Putin’s removal and defeat of Russia.

2022 might just be the year of global war
there will be no winner...all sides will lose my friend.

3 Likes

Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by sirp9898(m): 9:54pm On May 13, 2022
muhyeenisce:
Hummm igbos use your head now and don’t ket your hate against someone who doesn’t even know you exist consume you, JAGABAN is not the cause of your misfortune, stop hating him instead pray and wished you have someone like him in your region
Re: Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato by excanny: 10:07pm On May 13, 2022
yomexp:
there will be no winner...all sides will lose my friend.

By Monday we go know scores.

Russia can’t fight 32 NATO countries + Ukraine. It will be a terrible mistake to attack a NATO country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News: World War III Al-shabaab Attacked US Military Base In Kenya / Is Global Warming Fake? / Umar Farouk Abdulmutallabs Signature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.