Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,340 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Did El-rufai Post This? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did El-rufai Post This? (4580 Views)

Oseni Rufai Post About Airpeace Not Receiving A Welcome Reception At Gatwick / FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag / See What Kaduna State Governor EL Rufai Post On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by Perfectbeing(m): 11:09am On May 15, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
No, it's totally different.

We have prophet Issa (A.S) in Islam as Prophet, servant and messenger of Allah just as S.A.W.

Referring to Issa (A.S) in that manner won't be seen as blasphemy to them because I'm referring to Issa of Islam.

According the Bible Allah is another false god. Since he's not Yahweh (and please don't say he is) he's a false god to us. I'm sure you can see my logic and yours are the same
Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by 9jahotblog: 11:52am On May 15, 2022
Validated:
I am curious to know if trully this post was made by el-Refai
Elrufai post that. Even it’s in Buhari media handler Bashir Ahmad Twitter page too.
Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by Yves4real(f): 12:11pm On May 15, 2022
Validated:

He made the post in January 2013 during GEJ's administration and subsequently apologized when the Christian organizations condemned it.
Aside from El Rufai, Muric compared Buhari to Jesus Christ last year, and Christians only condemned his speech but never called for him to be killed. Or is that not blasphemy against the Christian religion?

Check out this story on saharareporters.com https://saharareporters.com/2021/06/14/islamic-group-muric-compares-buhari-jesus-says-june-12-protesters-ungrateful-after-being

As someone rightly stated here, both religion are guilty of blasphemy.

Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by alfarouq(m): 12:33pm On May 15, 2022
haffaze777:

Either we blasphemy intentionally or ignorantly we are all blasphemer,I'm a Muslim guy like you who believe and said it several times that Jesus is just ordinary prophet like other prophet,I know you hold that believe also, that's blasphemy according to Christian's faith because they don't see Jesus as prophet,they see him as God,should they kill me or fight me because I see Jesus as prophet?we need do to away with this rubbish blasphemy because we are all guilty of it.

You don't need to insult other's people God before you blaspheme

You can not force upon Jesus what he himself has not called himself.

Point out a single clear verse in the bible where Jesus said he is God.

Making Jesus into what he has not claimed for himself is blasphemy against Jesus incase you don't know.

Attributing the divinity of God to Jesus who didn't claim divinity for himself is blasphemy against The Almighty and against Jesus himself.
Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by haffaze777(m): 12:39pm On May 15, 2022
alfarouq:

Making Jesus into what he has not claimed for himself is blasphemy against Jesus incase you don't know.

Attributing the divinity of God to Jesus who didn't claim divinity for himself is blasphemy against The Almighty and against Jesus himself.

I'm not here to argue,I'm just telling everyone that care to listen that we're guilty of what those animal killed Deborah for.
Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by Yves4real(f): 12:50pm On May 15, 2022
alfarouq:

John 10:30-42
King James Version

30. I and my Father are one.

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

39 Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,

40 And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode.

41 And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.

42 And many believed on him there.

cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by omotoniwa(f): 12:52pm On May 15, 2022
Validated:
yes he did.
Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by Anon4: 12:55pm On May 15, 2022
This blasphemy shit as a whole doesn't make sense at all. Her killers and their supporters should be hanged face the book. sad
Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by Anon4: 12:58pm On May 15, 2022
Yves4real:

King James Version

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

40 And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode.

41 And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.

cool cool
Nice one! tho I believe he already knows this. Most of them are just mischievous little devils.

1 Like

Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by Unigrad: 1:23pm On May 15, 2022
haffaze777:

Thanks bro, I just hope we can live and let's live,I'm a Muslim guy who just want to practise his religion and allow others to practise theirs, you can abuse Allah and prophet all you like,it take nothing away from them,so why should I kill or fight someone over someone I believe he's capable of punishing them for their wrong deed?they become powerless the day I start fighting for them.
I commend your words of wisdom.
As a Christian, we don't believe fighting for our God, whether you insult Jesus from now till tomorrow, it's not of my business, it's the person view and he or she is entitle to it. I can't fight nor kill for the God I serve.
The killing is beyond the blasphemy. I had a report that Deborah Samuel didn't even blaspheme against Islam. She was only opposing posting religion messages she doesn't believe on a WhatsApp group.
Now, police is saying the killers are from Niger republic, the question is, Those students are from Niger republic?
Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by alfarouq(m): 1:25pm On May 15, 2022
Yves4real:

King James Version

cool cool

Seems you did not understand me.

How does this translate to "I am God".?

If Jesus were to claim divinity he would not have used our God (him inclusive), when he said "hear oh Israel, the Lord OUR God, the Lord is one".
Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by alfarouq(m): 1:28pm On May 15, 2022
haffaze777:

I'm not here to argue,I'm just telling everyone that care to listen that we're guilty of what those animal killed Deborah for.

I don't support the action the mob took against Deborah nor do I condone what she did.

You might be guilty of blasphemy who knows but speak for yourself because I am not and insha Allah will never be.
Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by naptu2: 1:34pm On May 15, 2022
Validated:

No the post was not made by El-Rufai. It was made by Zebbook (Bukola Ogunyemi) and El-Rufai retweeted it. El-Rufai later apologised for retweeting it, but I don't think Zebbook ever apologised.
Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by naptu2: 1:37pm On May 15, 2022
naptu2:
The interesting thing about that tweet

Sometime in 2013 a Twitter influencer called Bukola Ogunyemi (@Zebbook) made a sarcastic remark about the way the government's spin doctors responded to criticism. (Interestingly, his comments in 2013 can also be applied to the way Garba Shehu and Yekini Nabena responded to Father Mbaka's criticism). He tweeted that if Jesus Christ criticised the government, Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe and Reuben Abati would say that Jesus slept with Mary Magdalene.

Nasir El-Rufai retweeted Zebbook's tweet.

What I find interesting is that people have now attributed Bukola Ogunyemi's tweet to Nasir El-Rufai. El-Rufai was travelling when people were reacting to the tweet and he posted an apology when he landed (https://www.facebook.com/nasirelrufai/posts/hello-friends-i-have-been-travelling-and-try-to-catch-some-sleep-in-between-the-/10152454480580128/). I do not know if Zebbook ever apologised for the tweet.

However, till today, people still claim that it was El-Rufai that made the statement and they still hold it against him, even though it was Bukola Ogunyemi that made the tweet and El-Rufai apologised for retweeting it.

I really don't think it was about the tweet. I think the people who still say that El-Rufai made that tweet have something else against him.
Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by engrchykae(m): 1:45pm On May 15, 2022
Validated:
I know that Mohamed may piss be on him died of gonorrhea
Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by Yves4real(f): 1:47pm On May 15, 2022
alfarouq:

If Jesus were to claim divinity he would not have used our God (him inclusive), when he said "hear oh Israel, the Lord OUR God, the Lord is one".

Ok o.
John 14:11. NKJV

Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.

John 14:20
At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Philippians 2: 5-6.

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

If you are not okay with these verses, maybe you call on Righteousness2. His explanation may be of help to you.

Good afternoon and Happy Sunday.

3 Likes

Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by ljoh: 1:54pm On May 15, 2022
Moslems are terrorists
Prophet Muhammad married Aisha at the age of 6 and had sex with her at the age of 9
It's clear that Muhammad was a child rapist
Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by Yves4real(f): 1:57pm On May 15, 2022
naptu2:

No the post was not made by El-Rufai. It was made by Zebbook (Bukola Ogunyemi) and El-Rufai retweeted it. El-Rufai later apologised for retweeting it, but I don't think Zebbook ever apologised.

https://mobile.twitter.com/elrufai/status/295556718170083328

See the link to the tweet and tell me how that was a retweet. He was even replying the ze-whatever

1 Like

Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by haffaze777(m): 2:01pm On May 15, 2022
alfarouq:

I don't support the action the mob took against Deborah nor do I condone what she did.

You might be guilty of blasphemy who knows but speak for yourself because I am not and insha Allah will never be.

Keep deceiving yourself,we all blaspheme against other people's faith,if you think Jesus is prophet and he's not divine you've blaspheme against Christian faith,if you think Ogun,sango and amadioha are powerless or they're not God,you've also blaspheme against those who worship them.

2 Likes

Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by naptu2: 2:01pm On May 15, 2022
Yves4real:

https://mobile.twitter.com/elrufai/status/295556718170083328

See the link to the tweet and tell me how that was a retweet. He was even replying the ze-whatever

He wasn't replying. He was retweeting. The rt that you see there means retweet. You can even see the quotation marks.
Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by marod(m): 2:01pm On May 15, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/1177732/el-rufai-apologizes-jesus-joke-twitter

El Rufai's comment on the careless 'joke' he retweeted, though he didn't post it.
Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by haffaze777(m): 2:03pm On May 15, 2022
Unigrad:

I commend your words of wisdom.
As a Christian, we don't believe fighting for our God, whether you insult Jesus from now till tomorrow, it's not of my business, it's the person view and he or she is entitle to it. I can't fight nor kill for the God I serve.
The killing is beyond the blasphemy. I had a report that Deborah Samuel didn't even blaspheme against Islam. She was only opposing posting religion messages she doesn't believe on a WhatsApp group.
Now, police is saying the killers are from Niger republic, the question is, Those students are from Niger republic?

Thanks for corroborating my point,she can even insult prophet as far as I'm concerned,does that stop me from observing my solat?.as for the police, they're not being truthful with their word and action.
Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by naptu2: 2:09pm On May 15, 2022
Zebbook made that tweet and El-Rufai retweeted and then wrote, "LWKMD". Zebbook later deleted the tweet when he came under fire, but I have screenshots of people responding to it.

Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by JovialJune(f): 2:51pm On May 15, 2022
naptu2:
Zebbook made that tweet and El-Rufai retweeted and then wrote, "LWKMD". Zebbook later deleted the tweet when he came under fire, but I have screenshots of people responding to it.

And your point? So because other people retweeted it makes El-rufai justified for doing same? Is something like that suppose to come from a public political figure? So because he didn't actually tweet that nonsense makes him guilt free? For El-rufai to retweet means he 100% agrees with the tweet, he even "lwkmd", as a public figure is that the right thing to do?

2 Likes

Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by lottomkyes200: 3:02pm On May 15, 2022
TheNiceGuy:

Sorry, we're not.
I don't blasphemy.

They should drag El Rufai to take back that Nonsense and apologize.

Islam never for once condone any act of Insulting other people's Faith or what's sacred to their belief, even insulting stone that some take sacred, like 'Ogun'

If any Muslim do that, they do it out of IGNORANCE.
And it's said that an ignorant Muslim is dangerous to the image of Islam.

(Q6 V106 - 108)

"Follow, [O Muhammad], what has been revealed to you from your Lord - there is no deity except Him - and turn away from those who associate others with Allah .

But if Allah had willed, they would not have associated. And We have not appointed you over them as a guardian, nor are you a manager over them.

And do not insult those they invoke other than Allah, lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge. Thus We have made pleasing to every community their deeds. Then to their Lord is their return, and He will inform them about what they used to do."

Did u say drag him to take back the words, i thought he also should be stone to death as must muslim believe .
Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by naptu2: 3:03pm On May 15, 2022
JovialJune:

And your point? So because other people retweeted it makes El-rufai justified for doing same? Is something like that suppose to come from a public political figure? So because he didn't actually tweet that nonsense makes him guilt free? For El-rufai to retweet means he 100% agrees with the tweet, he even "lwkmd", as a public figure is that the right thing to do?

Comprehension is a huge problem for some people.

The question was whether it was El-Rufai that made the tweet. The answer is no, it was Bukola Ogunyemi that made the tweet. El-Rufai retweeted a tweet made by Bukola Ogunyemi. Someone insisted that it was El-Rufai that made the tweet and so I showed her other people's replies to the tweet. How does that translate to saying that El-Rufai is justified?

English is not so hard.

1 Like

Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by excanny: 3:13pm On May 15, 2022
TheNiceGuy:

Sorry, we're not.
I don't blasphemy.

They should drag El Rufai to take back that Nonsense and apologize.

Islam never for once condone any act of Insulting other people's Faith or what's sacred to their belief, even insulting stone that some take sacred, like 'Ogun'

If any Muslim do that, they do it out of IGNORANCE.
And it's said that an ignorant Muslim is dangerous to the image of Islam.

(Q6 V106 - 108)

"Follow, [O Muhammad], what has been revealed to you from your Lord - there is no deity except Him - and turn away from those who associate others with Allah .

But if Allah had willed, they would not have associated. And We have not appointed you over them as a guardian, nor are you a manager over them.

And do not insult those they invoke other than Allah, lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge. Thus We have made pleasing to every community their deeds. Then to their Lord is their return, and He will inform them about what they used to do."

No. Why does when a blasphemy isn't against Mohammed, an apology is recommended?

The penalty for blasphamy is death. Lets stick to that- also in the case of El Rufai.

He should submit himself for lynching.
Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 5:15pm On May 15, 2022
alfarouq:

There's so much exposition on that. If you really are interested, please pick up the Bible and read the accounts of the Acts of Apostles - Jude. Combination of expostions will make more sense than a verse of Chapter.

God himself revealed that to men. Isn't it interesting that men themselves recognized that?

Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
John 20:28‭-‬29 NIV
https://bible.com/bible/111/jhn.20.28-29.NIV

Note Jesus did not rebuke Thomas for calling Him God

Even the enemies of Jesus knew He claimed to be God. In one of those instances, they picked up stones to try to kill Him.

“We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”
John 10:33 NIV
https://john.bible/john-10-33

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.
John 1:1‭-‬4 NIV
https://bible.com/bible/111/jhn.1.1-4.NIV

No man ever claimed He and God are one, I repeat no man. That's not a mere sentence.

1 Like

Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by Corporate2020: 5:17pm On May 15, 2022
Validated:

Yes, he posted it. But, in my view, that's not blasphemous because he didn't say Jesus slept with Mary Magdalene. But it really doesn't concern me if anybody abuses or insults any god. Let the god fight for itself. Even ordinary Ogun, Sango, Obatala and Esu Odara fight for themselves and strike people who insult them.
Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 5:23pm On May 15, 2022
naptu2:

He wasn't replying. He was retweeting. The rt that you see there means retweet. You can even see the quotation marks.

If Christians are terrorists they'll be burned together.

1 Like

Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by Perfectbeing(m): 5:25pm On May 15, 2022
alfarouq:

Are you the one to tell us what to call Jesus? You uncircumcised human..

1 Like

Re: Did El-rufai Post This? by ChoCho54(f): 5:34pm On May 15, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
No, it's totally different.

We have prophet Issa (A.S) in Islam as Prophet, servant and messenger of Allah just as S.A.W.

Referring to Issa (A.S) in that manner won't be seen as blasphemy to them because I'm referring to Issa of Islam.

So you have not heard any Muslim say christians worship a crucified god?
If a Christian posted what El Rufai did, what do you think Muslims would do to him? Won't they pelt him with stones anywhere they see his convoy?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EKSG Partners US Agric Dept On Cocoa Ecosystem Project, Others / A Modular Refinery In Imo State Begins Operation, Produces 600m Liters Of Fuel. / Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.