Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member (23664 Views)

What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? / Apostle Peter Tom Udofia Marries 18-Year-Old Choir Member (Photos) / What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Dreadlock69(m): 1:36pm On May 15, 2022
Everyone fell under anointing

Later told me to join the choir

But nah darling me just some ganja boy with the weed
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Larrysung(m): 1:41pm On May 15, 2022
folake4u:

I have always wondered oh. I think say na only me observe am.
really? I am shocked about this o cos in my church, the reverse is mostly the case... We just play around. saturday rehearsals na for cruise o.. Lmao

1 Like

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by folake4u(f): 1:50pm On May 15, 2022
Larrysung:

really? I am shocked about this o cos in my church, the reverse is mostly the case... We just play around. saturday rehearsals na for cruise o.. Lmao

Ah in my own. I dey weak for the choristers. undecided
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by 5minsmadness: 1:52pm On May 15, 2022
It was my second group performance in church.
We had rehearsed very well the day before o grin
Come reach the D-day, we dey in front of congregation, come dey sing like drunken bats, no synchrony at all grin
To make matters worse, I thought I should change the song midway to a very popular song so that we can get our groove back. It was all those songs where the congregation is suppose to respond. As I sing point mic to church, church quiet embarassed embarassed grin grin
Very embarrassing!!! grin
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by favour442(m): 1:54pm On May 15, 2022
These days... Every Sunday is embarrassing abeg
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Andytyx(m): 1:58pm On May 15, 2022
Fornicating before going to church for ministration can cause alot of mess! Repent now or hell fire straight.
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Larrysung(m): 1:59pm On May 15, 2022
folake4u:

Ah in my own. I dey weak for the choristers. undecided
maybe it's cos we are individually good *winks* i miss those guys sha
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Olawalelotito(m): 2:01pm On May 15, 2022
cheesy cool
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Franklin158(m): 2:12pm On May 15, 2022
CaptMarvel:
That moment when your zip is off and you are busy jumping in praise and worship in front of the congregation! Hahaha grin grin

That awkward moment you forgot the next two lines of the song after leading the congregation into the song, and they waiting patiently to hear from you, hahaha!

That moment you are to put on sky blue as male, and females baby pink, but you showed up with baby pink! Or worst still, you showed up with carton brown grin lolz

That moment you are about to sing your best part of the song on stage and NEPA took light, hahaha!

That moment you went off key and the rest of the choir, went mute and look at you like you just gave a long loud fart! grin hahaha

And many more jere... grin
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Franklin158(m): 2:14pm On May 15, 2022
Lol grin
chinex11:
Omo when I newly join the choir of my church after like a year one of our choir members died and we when for her burial in ebonyi state. I was the only tenor singer that went. During the service of songs we keep on singing and singing till my throat wan break, next thing my choirmaster brought out the script how excellent eweee I no know the tenor part ooo. for my mind I go freestyle am. as we just dea sing dea go one old man for back of the canopy just shout tenor what a shame na so I weak
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Franklin158(m): 2:14pm On May 15, 2022
grin grin
BigYash:
Hmmm. Wetin my eyes see the first day I was told to lead praise en. It was a congregation of over 200. I never start ,come see sweat grin. Thank God it went well that day..

1 Like

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by judedwriter(m): 2:15pm On May 15, 2022
I was to lead the choir in a special number.....

I was struck with stage fright grin I was shaking like bitter leaf cheesy

I was about 16 and it was my first attempt to lead a song. I began to sing well until stage fright came in and I forgot my lines.

My choir master became so angry, he gave a shout and stopped playing the song on keyboard.

Hmmmm... I have improved greatly as soloist since then o....
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Franklin158(m): 2:16pm On May 15, 2022
Omo mhen I can relate e dey happen
phemmyfour:
Why the practiced song on Saturday always sounds better than the ministration on Sunday
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Franklin158(m): 2:19pm On May 15, 2022
Lol grin
Debisy:
I was a choir member then at a cele church , I knew my voice was bad so I focused on learning instruments starting with drums and Konga,
There was this day the choir had outing , so the best we’re taking to the outing remaining on a few of us including some who are good too.
As the service was about finishing na so I go mistakenly carry lead mic as I was singing, suddenly the entire church look towards the choir like which kind voice is this ��, inshort the entire church look towards me. Mehn that was the last time I was in the choir. That day I conclude singing is not for everyone
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by folake4u(f): 2:24pm On May 15, 2022
Larrysung:

maybe it's cos we are individually good *winks* i miss those guys sha

Lmao. Lucky you then. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Chukwudozzie(m): 2:34pm On May 15, 2022
chinex11:
Omo when I newly join the choir of my church after like a year one of our choir members died and we when for her burial in ebonyi state. I was the only tenor singer that went. During the service of songs we keep on singing and singing till my throat wan break, next thing my choirmaster brought out the script how excellent eweee I no know the tenor part ooo. for my mind I go freestyle am. as we just dea sing dea go one old man for back of the canopy just shout tenor what a shame na so I weak

Damn, How Excellent on D, amazing piece, the tenor has a crucial part in the 3rd page. The man really had to step in for you. Trust you're exceptional now.
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Eaglesence: 3:02pm On May 15, 2022
Franklin158:
Being in the choir of your local church can be fun and sometimes hectic considering the hours of practice and dedication it requires, choir member help other worshipers connect through their songs and wonderful ministration.

But one would agree that sometimes it doesn't always go according to plan maybe a mistake from the sound engineer, instrumentalists, or you yourself might leave you surprised and wondering what went wrong.

With that being said, have you ever had any funny moments where things seemed to have drifted apart from what was initially planned and how did you manage the situation?

Nothing serious, I was to lead 2 songs that Sunday morning, after the first song, the title of the Second song escaped me, I didn't know when I said it into the mic loud and clear to my backup choir " what's the title of the second song" and everyone roared in laughter, I shame eehn. Another time I forgot the first few lines of the song and I had to start singing after the instrumentals, wetin concert me I just off mic till I reach where I remember. Come see sound engineer running helter skelter grin as them no jasi wetin dey happen.

I'm better now. Though it's been a long while I sang last sad

1 Like

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Emperordynasty: 3:56pm On May 15, 2022
When I was in the teenage choir,

So that day I was at the front choir roll directly facing the church ,
as the ministration began,

Their was this kid that had this brain condition, he couldn't talk well or function properly, buh he was a very active kid who was always jumping around and dancing best when worship is on,
And we all loved him,
Buh that day he set a trap for me cuz just as the music began,
He started behaving like someone who was in the spirit unpurpose,
He would kneel down, get up, sit down, raise his hand to the sky, drop it, roll on the ground, look at us...
It was so hilarious that I was trying my best to hold laughter, in shame I turned backwards, so the crowds would stop wondering why I was smiling instead of singing,
That's when I saw a friend grinning behind me in laughter,
I couldn't take it anymore, I broke out In laughter ..
If not for the patience of my now confused choir leader (who was facing us so couldn't see what was amusing me) the ministration would have scattered..
I was really ashamed cuz everyone in the congregation were kinda shocked as I was respected in the church then

1 Like

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by NaijaCars4sale: 4:02pm On May 15, 2022
Singing the song and you forget the next lines
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by eddynaira125: 4:32pm On May 15, 2022
This is a Christian thread and there is no oat taking if you are a Christian, NAIRALAND is a stupid platform
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Bbbw: 4:40pm On May 15, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by frankson1(m): 4:42pm On May 15, 2022
Franklin158:
Being in the choir of your local church can be fun and sometimes hectic considering the hours of practice and dedication it requires, choir member help other worshipers connect through their songs and wonderful ministration.

But one would agree that sometimes it doesn't always go according to plan maybe a mistake from the [b]sound engineer, [/b]instrumentalists, or you yourself might leave you surprised and wondering what went wrong.

With that being said, have you ever had any funny moments where things seemed to have drifted apart from what was initially planned and how did you manage the situation?

Oga Franklin158, why did you make Sound Engineer first on your list undecided

Anyway, I'm not a Chorister but as a Sound Engineer, I work with the Choir group. I believe that with the right preparations, a Chorister will always stand his/her ground even when the instrumentalists make mistakes. it's advisable for a Chorister or the Choir to continue with the song because, a good instrumentalist will always link up.

The only thing that may unbalance a Chorister is lack of self confidence.
When the mic goes off and this is where the Sound guy comes in grin

1 Like

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Ceejaytech: 4:53pm On May 15, 2022
I can relate as many as I have experienced.

But this one caught me well, it was during one of our camp program then [Deeper life youth camp] where I was a member of the youthchoir.

I miss those day like kilode ehn... That time to dey go choir practice go dey hungry you,even to go house back sef no go gree you.

This particular day,we had an impromptu rehearsal cos we got not enough time.

Na so choir master them, dey one pick soloist for the song, na him this my guy say he go take am.

It's now time to present the song for the congregants,we don march, climb stage finish, keyboardist don play intro,we don sing chorus of the song, although we chop mouth well well o... but we just gat to flow along make the congregation no notice say something is going on here...you understand?

E Kon reach my guy turn ,the soloist.

Lo and behold. The rest na history

I still miss those days.

1 Like

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by CallMeGrace(f): 5:59pm On May 15, 2022
Okay mine happened when we had an impromptu rehearsal, they didn't tell us we are to minster on Sunday, and our choir coordinator wasn't around cuz everybody thought we won't robe nor minister, and nobody was with any song.. so, I just brought one old song that I didn't real know that much, not to really waste much of our time, since nobody is ready to bring out any song.
We just rehearsaled the song and left for home that day. The next day which was on Sunday, we were called out to sing as usual, that was when I had panic attack, omoh, I couldn't remember the verses oh, I was just vibrating, nah so we just dey sing the chorus all over again until the pastor came to collect the mic from us.. I was ashamed that day.
Never again!

2 Likes

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Tonytonex(m): 9:17pm On May 15, 2022
SexyBabe001:
Singing off key and completely forgetting the lyrics can be so embarrassing
I hate it when someone sings off key.

1 Like

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Tekuzukite: 5:25pm On May 16, 2022
It was after service and the pastor called all choristers for a meeting. He said, as choir members, we were supposed to be heavenly focused and avoid listening to "worldly" music. He was in the heat of the moment when the phone of the lady next to me rang. Guess the ringtone: Kevin Lyttle's Turn Me On...very embarrassing
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by chinex11(m): 12:57pm On May 22, 2022
I am trying now sha
Chukwudozzie:

Damn, How Excellent on D, amazing piece, the tenor has a crucial part in the 3rd page. The man really had to step in for you. Trust you're exceptional now.
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Chukwudozzie(m): 12:28pm On May 24, 2022
Ahead, ahead

chinex11:
I am trying now sha
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Zeuslord(m): 4:44pm On Jan 22, 2023
CallMeGrace:
Okay mine happened when we had an impromptu rehearsal, they didn't tell us we are to minster on Sunday, and our choir coordinator wasn't around cuz everybody thought we won't robe nor minister, and nobody was with any song.. so, I just brought one old song that I didn't real know that much, not to really waste much of our time, since nobody is ready to bring out any song.
We just rehearsaled the song and left for home that day. The next day which was on Sunday, we were called out to sing as usual, that was when I had panic attack, omoh, I couldn't remember the verses oh, I was just vibrating, nah so we just dey sing the chorus all over again until the pastor came to collect the mic from us.. I was ashamed that day.
Never again!

Hope you are better now?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Jehovah Witness People Real Christians? / Lords Chosen Testimonies: Highway Robber Saved By God (Video, Photos) / Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.