Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,807 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud (46461 Views)

Who Has Experienced Clonining On True Caller / Is This The New Style Of Begging Via Whatsapp? / Who Is Or Has Experienced This? Tecno W3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Iamyemmie: 4:08pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:
I didnt take my phone to church today as it was on charge, so when i returned i saw 2 missed calls one was from my jnr sister and the other was from a strange number.

So i returned the call from the strange number and it turned out to be a young man (from the voice) according to him his old father mistakenly sent #1000 recharge card to my phone and he was pleading for me to send it back.

I hung up to check my phone and almost immediately i received a text message with airtime pin and #1000, called back the number gave him the pin and advice him to be more careful after awhile the number called thanking me he also said his father (the old man who sent the card) wanted to thank me.

I greeted the old man and he sounded happy and was blessing me, my people this man was blessing me until according to him his credit wan finish so he suggested i give him a call. me not wanting to disrespect an old man and receiving blessing from the elderly (who wouldn't like that).

I called back and the blessing continued untill...
Happened to me before o
He called himself one name like that
I think he is an herbalist

1 Like

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by MemoriesAndMe: 4:09pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:

Meaning fraud no get age limit again for old people to abuse their age just to defraud people
But no one can really tell if it's an old person talking on the phone. People pretend to be who they're not around frauds

2 Likes

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by MemoriesAndMe: 4:10pm On May 20, 2022
07kjb:
Is not new this pattern of fraud is limited to yorubas
Must you introduce tribalism to all your comments?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Rapht933: 4:11pm On May 20, 2022
my regular customers... just be wise... African with their believe in long prayers that is strategies the foreign religious leaders used to kill
their common senses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Greystone: 4:12pm On May 20, 2022
faithfull18:
Lol, how would you send back pin to someone who has it on his inbox Unless the airtime was mistakenly loaded or shared to your number.

Your problem is too much Sense grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Cupid4(m): 4:13pm On May 20, 2022
New ke, its a stale method of fraud, existing for close to 8years now, disguising as herbalist, extorting money, even killing many people along the way, some hideouts located and nabbed at osun state then

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by SeriouslySense(m): 4:13pm On May 20, 2022
smiley smiley smiley
Rapht933:
my regular customers... just be wise... African with their believe in long prayers that is strategies the foreign religious leaders used to kill
their common senses
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by AbdulAkpan: 4:15pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:
My small credit was exhusted and i rush my guy phone make i use him credit call the papa, the old man would ask ur business and he would bless that angle.

As my guy wake up hear the nature of the call naso him vex say na fraudster i use him credit dey call, i hung up he began to give me instances and people who have been victims.

According to him after you have trusted the oldman the fraudster would initiate a discussion that would warrant you to send money to him, i just weak, two minutes later he called back and i told him i dnt have credit to call him back he hungup immediately.

Who have experienced such? Sorry for the typos

I have. It was one useless Yoruba boy and his stupid Baba. The stupid Babs would tell you how the bad people have kept you down in poverty. He would prophesy and pray for you.

Mine followed same sequence just as yours. And the foolish old man will be talking small-small, like somebody who is administering a final blessing on you, after which he will die.

If you had continued with the call, he would have asked you to buy some fetish things for spiritual prayer that will make you prosperous.

In my own case, immediately he mentioned the stupid items to buy, I cut him off by telling him I was a Christian.

What I do when ever I receive such calls, I will insult the idiot and still tell him to return same insults to his useless Baba.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Rocktation(f): 4:15pm On May 20, 2022
Even if it's not a scam, why do you want one person to be praying for every facet of your life? Sotey your credit is finishing. Because your own prayers don't work?

Nigerians sef..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Rimsd(m): 4:16pm On May 20, 2022
I have experienced same, big scam just block them ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Pastorsmile: 4:18pm On May 20, 2022
Very old scam method.

First time I encountered them was around 2015.
The baba said he is the senior traditional doctor in Ekiti , bla bla.

Another are those who put on custom uniforms on Facebook. .
Is either there is a car to sell for 350k or another for 720k

2 Likes

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by dochenaj: 4:19pm On May 20, 2022
Someone sent you an airtime PIN from their phone, why on earth would you need to send it back to them.

The text message they sent is still in their phone even if they have thrown away the airtime paper slip and can't have access to it.

What I'll simply reply him would be "Sir, if you texted me airtime PIN, then you should just check your Sent messages and retrieve the PIN from there, I don't recharge PINs from unknown numbers"

This scam is smart, it first assesses how intelligent you are before engaging further.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Rollitout: 4:21pm On May 20, 2022
It started like 8 years ago, they are usually from ijebu, ogun state, ekiti and lagos state. Next time just cut off the conversation because they can manipulate you with Cham and you will just be sending all your money to them.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by bid4rich(m): 4:21pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:
My small credit was exhusted and i rush my guy phone make i use him credit call the papa, the old man would ask ur business and he would bless that angle.

As my guy wake up hear the nature of the call naso him vex say na fraudster i use him credit dey call, i hung up he began to give me instances and people who have been victims.

According to him after you have trusted the oldman the fraudster would initiate a discussion that would warrant you to send money to him, i just weak, two minutes later he called back and i told him i dnt have credit to call him back he hungup immediately.

Exactly what they wanted to do to me. When the guy asked me to send the number back, I told him to check his sent item that he will see the PIN number there. Dem be mumu
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by DrDunamis(m): 4:25pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:

You've been in this country and you're just knowing this?

1 Like

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by oglalasioux(m): 4:25pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:

Meaning fraud no get age limit again for old people to abuse their age just to defraud people

They are very young people altering their voices.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by maasoap(m): 4:27pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:

Lol. Old people for where? Young guys changing their voices to that of elderly people. Some of them were in my environment till couple of years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Enniez2018(m): 4:32pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:

Ha them don call me like that before ooooo, I curse the son and papa join ni o, mo shepe fun won ni o

1 Like

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Sirchef: 4:32pm On May 20, 2022
I got the call early this month saying his father mistaken sent airtime to my line. I checked nothing of such. Immediately I got a message of 2000k airtime copied and sent to me. He called back and I told him to fuckoff with is scam. He never called back

3 Likes

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by frankson1(m): 4:32pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:

This isn't new. I don't even know result or what the callers stand to gain in this.

I've gotten multiple calls from them. On one of such calls, after the usual story, I told him that I haven't received any text and he told me to hold on for him to recheck. The idiat sent figures and called me back to resend. I asked him why he didn't send it to "Baba" directly, only for the idiat to hang.

Well, whatever their intention is, it didn't and will never work on me.

4 Likes

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by johnnychuks(m): 4:33pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:

. I have experience it too, but that was last year

1 Like

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Perocom(m): 4:34pm On May 20, 2022
Hmmm, yeah I have heard about it before. It's about scamming people.

But it's a thing of using common sense to analyze situations before venturing.
First, if you sent a message to someone wrongly, when you noticed the error, is it not to resend the .message to the correct intended recipient? why would someone say you should resend back doesn't he have it in his sent messages box?

How would someone call and claim to be a banker and that you should call out your account number, doesn't he have it on his computer?

Or that you have just won yourself something and you know you didn't participate anything requiring an award, do you answer such a person?

Or that the FG has given you Covid 19 parliative you should do something to claim it,
all these are regular scams in Nigeria that everyone should be aware of but still many are ignorant and greedy. people who fall for 419 are usually very greedy.

In any situation, grab your common sense and use it, they will flee from you.

4 Likes

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by samfrancis1(m): 4:35pm On May 20, 2022
Awesomeking:
Yeah I experienced it but I already had knowledge of it due to a viral WhatsApp voice note some years ago

It started wity the person asking my tribe after I have already sent back the credit.. I already understood, I ended the call and blocked the number.

Its actually jazz they use to hypnotise you.. The moment they start praying for u and its sweeting u. U Don enter..

ThankGod for that ur guy wey help u
Ntos I don’t think it’s jazz.. cause I’ve had conversation with many of them for a longer time.. cause I hate when I call a scammer with my airtime.. I must make sure they waste some airtime calling me also.. so I pretend to be interested while I’m trying to recharge 2k from my bank account but it’s not going through.. I’ve had calls several times and when I discover it’s them I take my time to waste their time especially when I’m free…
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by kevwemike: 4:35pm On May 20, 2022
They are ritualists pls

1 Like

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Udemzy05: 4:36pm On May 20, 2022
New style? LOl this sh1t is old

1 Like

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by eTen94(m): 4:39pm On May 20, 2022
This one na old format na, we no dey new to am, and this card are always fake, we dey get hot back to back after I tell em to use the number since it's still in their phone and also change hand for fake baba and pikin, run next time no waste ur time abeg
LogicBomb8:
I didnt take my phone to church today as it was on charge, so when i returned i saw 2 missed calls one was from my jnr sister and the other was from a strange number.

So i returned the call from the strange number and it turned out to be a young man (from the voice) according to him his old father mistakenly sent #1000 recharge card to my phone and he was pleading for me to send it back.

I hung up to check my phone and almost immediately i received a text message with airtime pin and #1000, called back the number gave him the pin and advice him to be more careful after awhile the number called thanking me he also said his father (the old man who sent the card) wanted to thank me.

I greeted the old man and he sounded happy and was blessing me, my people this man was blessing me until according to him his credit wan finish so he suggested i give him a call. me not wanting to disrespect an old man and receiving blessing from the elderly (who wouldn't like that).

1 Like

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Realists(m): 4:39pm On May 20, 2022
KingAlayinde:

Na old tricks wey don cast..... Theyll drain you to the last blood ......better run B4 they hack into ya brain server and takes control of ya life

You know the code.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Shanid(m): 4:41pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:

I have...block the number ASAP

1 Like

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by brightalo1010: 4:41pm On May 20, 2022
NoToPile:
Old format.

But the particular style I knew was the juju one, the baba will start raining incantations or something like that or hypnotist the person via juju.

The point is avoid any long talk with them.

Nothing like hypnotize here na greed, typical Nigerian no dey take ear hear God, pastor, malam and blessing, send my number to the man let them hypnotize me let me see na.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by brightalo1010: 4:43pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:

After January first fruit, tithe, seed sowing, offerings and all the blessings from those scammers una dey call pastors, yet you're still seeking for more blessings from old man.

U never see anything.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Artzdanielsz(m): 4:44pm On May 20, 2022
Na old format,one called me last night when men dey hustle and he talk he dey Ogun State and immediately i Heard credit say i hung up .No time

1 Like

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Kingxchange44: 4:45pm On May 20, 2022
Make i clear you now, it was not for scam but for rituals, you get luck and better thank you God. The do called old man is a native doctor (baba) soon he will ask you to get some materials to bless you more then start incantation on your head while you reply Ami.. a neighbor lost his brother to that in 2020. Be careful next time, once you get such nonsense block the line and delete the message. They gave the massage in their inbox why tell you it's a mistake.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Let's See Your Phone Home-screen (screenshot) / Whatsapp Postpones Usage Deadline / 9mobile, Former Etisalat Unveils Its Logo, Website, Mobile App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.