Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:18 AM

Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud (47746 Views)

Who Has Experienced Clonining On True Caller / Is This The New Style Of Begging Via Whatsapp? / Who Is Or Has Experienced This? Tecno W3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Onelove508: 9:14pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:
My small credit was exhusted and i rush my guy phone make i use him credit call the papa, the old man would ask ur business and he would bless that angle.

As my guy wake up hear the nature of the call naso him vex say na fraudster i use him credit dey call, i hung up he began to give me instances and people who have been victims.

According to him after you have trusted the oldman the fraudster would initiate a discussion that would warrant you to send money to him, i just weak, two minutes later he called back and i told him i dnt have credit to call him back he hungup immediately.

Who have experienced such? Sorry for the typos

Exactly!
They tried me once, it was even when I was broke and needed recharge card. I didn't even attempt to load it, I just told him to go to their outbox they will still see it there.

I later suspected it was fetiish when the baba ask me to go and get water from my kitchen that he'll tell me what to do with the water.

I later learnt any who loads the credit will definitely be hypnotized.
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by LogicBomb8: 9:19pm On May 20, 2022
NairaLux:
Hmmm
What is dat?

1 Like

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by LogicBomb8: 9:24pm On May 20, 2022
ben2rhymes:
You were lucky sha… u would have been dead by now
Upon all the times una go spend on TikTok you won’t still be aware of things that will cost ur life
Card that u didn’t load, u sent it back
And you were saying amen to words u didn’t understand
If u can send to me ur contact, I will share wit u a video of wat was supposed to happen to u
Can you kindly describe them in words
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Pharaohny: 9:32pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:
i never thought of all that at the moment

Something you have to even loaded , man sorry that's too dumb of you , if they want to wipe your account that'll would have been easy cheesy angry grin cheesy
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Benrosaria(m): 9:39pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:
My small credit was exhusted and i rush my guy phone make i use him credit call the papa, the old man would ask ur business and he would bless that angle.

As my guy wake up hear the nature of the call naso him vex say na fraudster i use him credit dey call, i hung up he began to give me instances and people who have been victims.

According to him after you have trusted the oldman the fraudster would initiate a discussion that would warrant you to send money to him, i just weak, two minutes later he called back and i told him i dnt have credit to call him back he hungup immediately.

Religion the only reason there is evil on our lands
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by VirileNelly2420: 9:48pm On May 20, 2022
adebayo3449:

It's not latest, they have been using this format for years. The only problem is that we don't share our experience with others which makes others who are so nice to fall for it.
They have been using the format since. I had the experience in 2018 on several occasions, I just try as much as possible to waste their airtime.
I don't think they use anything, it's simple manipulation , if you are the fetish type you might fall.
I think it's even way beyond 2018.... Na very old format b dat. I've had several experience of it. E go hard before u run a hostile hrt like me such street.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 20, 2022
Yes even relationships can be like this never under estimate selfish interest be aware and pamper yourself too Biko make person no talk sey dem buy you ….no coincidences
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Valour5: 9:51pm On May 20, 2022
It happend to me berely yesterday, the man was sounding like an old man. That he mistakenly sent #3000 airtime to my phn. That I should pls send it back to him. When d call ended I saw d msg datz how I ignored it. He called again I told him to check his sent � box, that I won't recharge it he should go get the pins back
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Ugaboy: 9:59pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:
i never thought of all that at the moment
same thing happened to me last year

Nah so we too mumu send am back.

The guy pretending to be old was using and old man voice, as I noticed the some changes slight changes..i captured the code

I begin using the same voice back to him...Yoruba accent and that of old man...I can use it.

They trying convincing to send money so they can do some assignments for me...so I can get rich and favor

I swear for them
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by bekpo(m): 10:12pm On May 20, 2022
Same system, same style. I warned them and immediately they started throwing abuses.
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Poleski: 10:21pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:

You be real mumu oo. Your mumu level na fist-class. You lack common sense.

As he claimed his so-called father mistakenly sent you a recharge pin and begged you to return it, why didn't you tell him to simply check his message app to see the pin? Because phones don't delete sent messages.
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by nesphil(m): 11:26pm On May 20, 2022
Someone tried exactly this shit with me sometime in 2020 and I knew it was a foolish scammer, so i played along with the idiot grin
LogicBomb8:
I didnt take my phone to church today as it was on charge, so when i returned i saw 2 missed calls one was from my jnr sister and the other was from a strange number.

So i returned the call from the strange number and it turned out to be a young man (from the voice) according to him his old father mistakenly sent #1000 recharge card to my phone and he was pleading for me to send it back.

I hung up to check my phone and almost immediately i received a text message with airtime pin and #1000, called back the number gave him the pin and advice him to be more careful after awhile the number called thanking me he also said his father (the old man who sent the card) wanted to thank me.

I greeted the old man and he sounded happy and was blessing me, my people this man was blessing me until according to him his credit wan finish so he suggested i give him a call. me not wanting to disrespect an old man and receiving blessing from the elderly (who wouldn't like that).

I called back and the blessing continued untill...
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by lomprico(m): 11:49pm On May 20, 2022
This is how church business is thriving in this shithole.
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by kevotek1000(m): 12:52am On May 21, 2022
faithfull18:
Lol, how would you send back pin to someone who has it on his inbox Unless the airtime was mistakenly loaded or shared to your number.

You're very smart...
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Michaelbabs51(m): 1:57am On May 21, 2022
I've experienced that several times and on each occasion I first played along before raining curses on the bastards.
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by AutoRedux: 3:12am On May 21, 2022
Use truecaller to very the identity of the number. Most of them are labeled as scammers . Once I check and find out they are scammers, the next thing is to block them sharp sharp.
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by investigator007: 7:17am On May 21, 2022
Lol, this one na serious 419ner o, just ignore and block the number. Meanwhile, if you're looking to buy original Oraimo products, I'd advice you visit their new green store as you get value for your money spent.

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by luluosas(m): 7:19am On May 21, 2022
It's not new, that scam has been existing since and it is Yoruba people behind the scam
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by shegz24(m): 7:53am On May 21, 2022
Something similar actually happened to me on my way to work one day.

I was in transit when i received the call to send back the airtime and I didnt think before i sent it back, after i received another call thanking and praying for me.
I just dey talk amen and found a way to rush the call because as i said, i was in transit.

Its after the call i thought of it, that why will they need a message they sent to me?
But after checking my a/c and credit and i saw no discrepancy ,i just forgot about the incident.
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by newguy1(m): 10:06am On May 21, 2022
OtemAtum:
Jazz does not exist. They used psychology on you. If you want to be unaffected by any of these things, always connect with your brain everytime. Have it at the back of your mind that prayers, curses, incantations etc are useless, so whenever they use any of them on you, just be saying 'make I hear' inside your brain while you smile outwardly. When they have finished, just waka comot and pour out your laughter. It has been like that with me on more than 20 occasions and I have never been affected before. Lastly, NEVER think that somebody you don't know will just enrich you from nowhere. So whenever anybody calls you that you have won or their is COVID palliatives for you, dont believe them. Waste their credit and end the call later.
jazz no exist .............well na where u waka reach na where u go see pass! No let all this wokness deceive u if u r desperate to see one dare any street thug in yoruba land and write a book on y u think jazz na myth
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by NairaLux(f): 10:14am On May 21, 2022
LogicBomb8:

What is dat?

Kosi grin
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by LogicBomb8: 10:28am On May 21, 2022
NairaLux:

Kosi grin
??
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by OtemAtum: 11:54am On May 21, 2022
newguy1:
jazz no exist .............well na where u waka reach na where u go see pass! No let all this wokness deceive u if u r desperate to see one dare any street thug in yoruba land and write a book on y u think jazz na myth
I live on the streets myself and I know how it is going. A street thug dresses tough to firstly implant fear in your mind. The fear in you already has given them 70% possibility of having their way in the life of unsuspecting victim. For example, you are well dressed and a very haggard looking thug with dirty hair and face comes to you with fetish ring and necklaces laced with cowries and say 'hey!'. The fear is already built up in you. Your brain already lost control of itself. Then they speak to you in commanding tone, you are fidgeting already, so you follow their dictates. Fear does exactly the same thing done by alcohol to the brain, but we call the former jazz and the latter intoxication. Do you know why the whites colonised our fetish grandparents and even looted their scary images to display them in their museums abroad? It was because they were not scared of fetish-looking things and incantations.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Urpon1987: 2:50pm On May 21, 2022
This one na old format
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Lifeisnotajungl(m): 9:15pm On May 21, 2022
The same case my friend was kneeling down and keep saying Amen, im bless, we use am dey catch cruise like your gf don turn to prophetess until we told him na scam
This format don tey for the street
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Ladymillion(f): 10:11pm On May 21, 2022
Na 2014 format naa
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Slimsly100(f): 11:45am On May 27, 2022
Some strange Mr Micheal used the same format on me last night. I called him back and gave him proper lashing. He was just cursing himself because he's seen his match. mtcheeeeww
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by KallmemrB0: 3:47pm On May 27, 2022
LogicBomb8:

LOL once experienced this... Told him to go and bless his family
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Anonymous967: 8:25am On Feb 10
This Happened to me just yesterday, I was defrauded, Told me they saw a vision about me say I will have to pay 8k, which I did.

It was like a dream. I know God will judge them.
(The old man and his son)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dear Customer You Are Not Allowed To Call This Number / ##let Honsule Help U Get Your Cert & Key/h@ck Your Phone Pro Bono.§§ / How To Get MTN 500MB With Just 100 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.