Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud (46523 Views)

Who Has Experienced Clonining On True Caller / Is This The New Style Of Begging Via Whatsapp? / Who Is Or Has Experienced This? Tecno W3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Cyriloha(m): 5:53pm On May 20, 2022
Not latest is been long and mostly na Yoruba tribe de do am alone the line Dem go tell you to buy 1 or 2 things for sacrifice � block them abeg nothing cone out

1 Like

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Pclemenza: 6:00pm On May 20, 2022
henrimoto:
I think this is the latest format in town. A friend of mine had an encounter, what saved him from doing the bid of the scammers was someone that was around when the scam call came in. Once the caller from the other end of the phone gets your full attention, they would use it to hypnotize you
Old format. Nothing new about it
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by onajo2000(m): 6:04pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:

I think more people need to be know about this new trick to avoid catastrophic losses
Lalasticlala mynd44 fp for wider audience

It not a new trick it has been on for long
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Ifakiland(m): 6:05pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:
My small credit was exhusted and i rush my guy phone make i use him credit call the papa, the old man would ask ur business and he would bless that angle.

As my guy wake up hear the nature of the call naso him vex say na fraudster i use him credit dey call, i hung up he began to give me instances and people who have been victims.

According to him after you have trusted the oldman the fraudster would initiate a discussion that would warrant you to send money to him, i just weak, two minutes later he called back and i told him i dnt have credit to call him back he hungup immediately.

Who have experienced such? Sorry for the typos
All this scam no fit catch me cos me normally I no get respect for elderly people, secondly I no dey like too much prayer from bastard strangers, thirdly I no fit call miss call of ordinary number I no save l.
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by shigologo: 6:09pm On May 20, 2022
It happened to me when I was in sch. I thought I was doing them a favour not until the man asked me to come over to osun state that he wants to bless me. Imagine from Benin city to osun. I quickly blocked the line. They are bloody scammers
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by marsup: 6:18pm On May 20, 2022
I have... But I simply told the "supposed old man" to Bleep off my phone.
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Dagenius53: 6:25pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:
My small credit was exhusted and i rush my guy phone make i use him credit call the papa, the old man would ask ur business and he would bless that angle.

As my guy wake up hear the nature of the call naso him vex say na fraudster i use him credit dey call, i hung up he began to give me instances and people who have been victims.

According to him after you have trusted the oldman the fraudster would initiate a discussion that would warrant you to send money to him, i just weak, two minutes later he called back and i told him i dnt have credit to call him back he hungup immediately.

This once happened to my dad, the old man will continue praying till you guys begin to talk like friends, later he will tell you they have ifa( oracle) and which can be use to help you in all your endeavours, so they ask you to send money for the sacrifice. After sending it, they won't stop calling to beg for more money from you after giving you so much lies that you won't have your brain with you again.

Run for your life boss
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by NairaLux(f): 6:28pm On May 20, 2022
Hmmm

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Hamziyah(m): 6:29pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:

Meaning fraud no get age limit again for old people to abuse their age just to defraud people

The issue is that, it's that same fraudster pretending to be elderly somebody. The day one my guy started cursing the old man, he changed voice at once.
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by ETIIKO: 6:32pm On May 20, 2022
I fall for them by wasting my my money in calling them. It was when they demand for me to send them money to buy black and red candle turtle dove, then my eye clear
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by DSC7: 6:33pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:

Meaning fraud no get age limit again for old people to abuse their age just to defraud people

Na same young guy wey first call you go still disguise as the old man....

Dem use am welcome me that year but as a full blooded street OG i no fall grin

Them full osun state especially ife/ modakeke...
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by ello29(m): 6:41pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:
I didnt take my phone to church today as it was on charge, so when i returned i saw 2 missed calls one was from my jnr sister and the other was from a strange number.

So i returned the call from the strange number and it turned out to be a young man (from the voice) according to him his old father mistakenly sent #1000 recharge card to my phone and he was pleading for me to send it back.

I hung up to check my phone and almost immediately i received a text message with airtime pin and #1000, called back the number gave him the pin and advice him to be more careful after awhile the number called thanking me he also said his father (the old man who sent the card) wanted to thank me.

I greeted the old man and he sounded happy and was blessing me, my people this man was blessing me until according to him his credit wan finish so he suggested i give him a call. me not wanting to disrespect an old man and receiving blessing from the elderly (who wouldn't like that).

I called back and the blessing continued untill...

Run from them �‍♀️ they’re scammers trying to scam you.
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by NairaLux(f): 6:46pm On May 20, 2022
I

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Popesuccess(m): 6:46pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:

Happened to me, when i call him back he asked to go get water and call him again that he wants to enter his strong room and Pray for me. I just realise what it Is and refused to call back, he was that later called again and told exactly who he Is and what he wants to do. He cut the call.
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by ben2rhymes: 6:49pm On May 20, 2022
You were lucky sha… u would have been dead by now
Upon all the times una go spend on TikTok you won’t still be aware of things that will cost ur life
Card that u didn’t load, u sent it back
And you were saying amen to words u didn’t understand
If u can send to me ur contact, I will share wit u a video of wat was supposed to happen to u
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by musicwriter(m): 7:01pm On May 20, 2022
@All
When your pastor or Imam is blessing or praying for you, he/she is doing exactly the same thing to you. The only difference is that he/she is doing it ignorantly (not realizing that's what white people and Arabs used to scam the whole world in ancient time) though some of them know it's a scam and use it as such.

NOTE: it's important you understand that if some victims are caught up deep in the "call baba" scam, it could progress to going to see the baba face to face. That's even when such victims would be finished off. At that point they'll believe it's completely real no matter what you tell them. Their business may coincidentally see some positive improvement within the period of the scam, and they'll quickly attribute it to the power of the good works the baba is doing for them.

The victims of the baba are same as christians and Muslims or even our traditional beliefs.

I recently opened a thread where I sent 10k to a pastor whom I watched on TV. See the thread and wake up from the BIGGER scam https://www.nairaland.com/7124687/need-offering-money-back-attention

3 Likes

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by anyicash(m): 7:11pm On May 20, 2022
10 years old format
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Princepioneer(m): 7:15pm On May 20, 2022
fabulous85:
They are fetish, be careful. They use hypnosies to drain you.
. I believe you... That was how I was scammed of 420k last October cry cry cry cry cry... Till today av only paid back 50k to the real owner of the money .. Am in serious debt, don't even know how I will be able to pay back all the money.. cry cry cry cry cry God will surely see me through, I believe..!!!
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Ellasure: 7:18pm On May 20, 2022
Very fraudulent people, you were lucky that your call credit finished at the opportune time by now you would be missing some doles.

Next time don't welcome prolonged thanking from strangers otherwise you will suffer from fools glady.

The people in your conversation were called confident tricksters
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Ashirioluwa: 7:18pm On May 20, 2022
Old trick
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by iamSirPhil(m): 7:42pm On May 20, 2022
It's not entirely new... This happened to me 3 years ago exactly as the narrator said, unless the tactics is working for them and they are on rampage with it.

Come to think of it now, its quite funny cos I didn't think of it then. They already have the credit on their sent messages so why not load it immediately yet coming to ask me to send it back. lol.

It is what it is... We improve everyday. grin
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by IncredibleWrite: 7:43pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:

I suspected it was unusually too long but i think say na my fellow human being i dey help
Not new. Happen to me way back in 2018 abi 2019 exactly the way you described it. If you had continued, he would ask if you are alone. Then ask you to send money so they could use it to buy stuff to complete a spiritual prayer for your prosperity.

You are very lucky. Those guys are hypnotists. A friend told me how a young boy - the only child of his mother had blood gushing out of his mouth after following through with the process.

A lot is happening out there. Be careful and prayerful
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Bbbw: 7:44pm On May 20, 2022
No
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Harrisonwo(m): 7:45pm On May 20, 2022
Those I'd*ots don try that scope with me. Their saving grace be say that card na fake.

I don plan to call them after loading to thank them for the airtime
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Lessel: 8:22pm On May 20, 2022
It's dangerous to dialogue with the devil. Pray for yourself and leave the prayer sellers.
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Gbadebo19(m): 8:28pm On May 20, 2022
LogicBomb8:
I didnt take my phone to church today as it was on charge, so when i returned i saw 2 missed calls one was from my jnr sister and the other was from a strange number.

So i returned the call from the strange number and it turned out to be a young man (from the voice) according to him his old father mistakenly sent #1000 recharge card to my phone and he was pleading for me to send it back.

I hung up to check my phone and almost immediately i received a text message with airtime pin and #1000, called back the number gave him the pin and advice him to be more careful after awhile the number called thanking me he also said his father (the old man who sent the card) wanted to thank me.

I greeted the old man and he sounded happy and was blessing me, my people this man was blessing me until according to him his credit wan finish so he suggested i give him a call. me not wanting to disrespect an old man and receiving blessing from the elderly (who wouldn't like that).

I called back and the blessing continued untill...
Dear o.p. just the way you explained it is exactly how it happened to me. I did not fall for the scam sha ooo. Sometimes, it is good not to be too honest. It was in my not being honest that I detected that it was likely to be a scam. I tried loading the recharge card and lo and behold, it was invalid. I sent it back and the old man started just as you explained. He claimed to be a powerful JuJu man and all sorts asking me if I would be grateful if he helped me blah blah blah.
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by EverBlazingy2k(m): 8:29pm On May 20, 2022
Is not new o...

Na old technique.
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by LogicBomb8: 8:34pm On May 20, 2022
Etimemy:
Osun or Kwara state new system of fraud,
He resides in osun state

1 Like

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Smartguy20(m): 8:42pm On May 20, 2022
Yes I have had same experience.... They will call u, and say they mistakenly send 1k airtime to u, That u should pls send it back to them... From there dey will start asking u wat business are u into
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by OtemAtum: 8:43pm On May 20, 2022
newguy1:
guy it’s an odd format I think scammers from Ibadan nko area uses this format. Happened to me too n I fall it took and old man beside me to call me to caution before I fall for the trick. FYI jazz is involved with this people so don’t blame urself for not catching on quick that it’s a scam trick
Jazz does not exist. They used psychology on you. If you want to be unaffected by any of these things, always connect with your brain everytime. Have it at the back of your mind that prayers, curses, incantations etc are useless, so whenever they use any of them on you, just be saying 'make I hear' inside your brain while you smile outwardly. When they have finished, just waka comot and pour out your laughter. It has been like that with me on more than 20 occasions and I have never been affected before. Lastly, NEVER think that somebody you don't know will just enrich you from nowhere. So whenever anybody calls you that you have won or their is COVID palliatives for you, dont believe them. Waste their credit and end the call later.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by Akhaz024: 8:44pm On May 20, 2022
Has it happened to me yesterday , after I sent back the credit the man said an elderly man want to thank me and the elderly man said he his from Ondo State and started praying for me then he said he is a babalawo in Ondo State I didn't think twice before I switched off my phone.
Re: Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud by CDCEO001: 8:51pm On May 20, 2022
Something wey don reach like 2-3year wey I don dey hear am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Whatsapp Postpones Usage Deadline / 9mobile, Former Etisalat Unveils Its Logo, Website, Mobile App / Indian Couple Fall To Their Death While Taking Selfie (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.