Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,921 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

My Toyota Corolla Vandalized - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Corolla Vandalized (50664 Views)

My Car Was Vandalized And Robbed / My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday / My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 7:44am On May 16, 2022
I don't know why some Nigerians are so heartless. I went to execute some Projects yesterday after first service. I got home past 10 (pm), I went to my car this morning to pick some document from the boot. When I was leaving, I pressed the lock key from the remote, it didn't lock. When I checked properly, I found out that brain box, the driver side glass button and passenger button were all stolen.

I am so pained, this is happening after spending over 500k to fix and replace the engine.

Pls what should I do now, I need to make a critical decision on this Corolla of a thing. I really needs your advice.

Thanks

28 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 7:46am On May 16, 2022
Brain box gone

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 7:47am On May 16, 2022
Driver's seat glass button

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 7:49am On May 16, 2022
Passenger seat glass button

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by GreatAdvice: 7:51am On May 16, 2022
Driving a car in Nigeria is a luxury. As painful as this experience is, I will advise you to replace the parts or use public transportation for now.

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Dozieson(m): 7:54am On May 16, 2022
Corolla

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by KolaShangOne(m): 7:54am On May 16, 2022
Sorry bro.

These guys are everywhere.

I hope you get a brain box that matches your car.

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 7:55am On May 16, 2022
So, someone can't drive Corolla with peace of mind?

212 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 7:59am On May 16, 2022
KolaShangOne:
Sorry bro.

These guys are everywhere.

I hope you get a brain box that matches your car.

I sincerely hope so.
I am now planning to quit Corolla

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 8:01am On May 16, 2022
GreatAdvice:
Driving a car in Nigeria is a luxury. As painful as this experience is, I will advise you to replace the parts or use public transportation for now.
That's it Sir. I am kinda stuck, I don't even know whether I can still go to work today. I am thinking of securing the car first.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by buygala(m): 8:02am On May 16, 2022
gevans:
So, someone can't drive Corolla with peace of mind?

No you can't.. Sadly

Sell that car asap and retrieve your peace of mind.. As it stands, all Corolla Drivers, especially this model, are within the gunsights of all armed robbers, petty thieves, car jackers, vandals and assassins across Nigeria..

Next time e fit be you dem go vandalize because of that silly vehicle sad.. Better make hay while the sun shines

Safety first.. That silly fuel economy and durability Corolla mantra can take the back seat...

Na who dey alive and safe and who dem no vandalize him moto dey enjoy fuel economy

318 Likes 25 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Nobody: 8:04am On May 16, 2022
Chai
This is very sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 9:34am On May 16, 2022
Ceeman18:
So sad. Escalate the matter, Make noise and make sure everybody in your street is aware of what happened. With this someone might tip yyou of a suspected person or movement around that car while you were out.

Pls patronise us today for your power steering pump of all car models.

Should I invite the Police

6 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Mynd44: 9:53am On May 16, 2022
If that car was insured, you would not be worried right now.

But now that this has happened, find a way to move the vehicle somewhere safe until you can fix it then insure it after fixing.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 10:27am On May 16, 2022
Mynd44:
If that car was insured, you would not be worried right now.

But now that this has happened, find a way to move the vehicle somewhere safe until you can fix it then insure it after fixing.
I did normal 5k car insurance (3rd party)
Oga, pls move this thread to FP, I need more contribution.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 10:27am On May 16, 2022
Ceeman18:

Leave those rippers. Even street person wey wan give you tip no go gree again when em see say police is involved to avoid sabo..

Use street way. Align with those rough boys for ur area or ur street security. Use style do noise nd tell people around. Just make sure de gist go round your street or area. With this you'll hear something one day. Somebody must have seen that thief when em dey patrol around the car. Once hands start pointing. Then you can involve the police

Noted with appreciation

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by fineboynl(m): 10:59am On May 16, 2022
Look very well. They broke the last small glass at the side from there they gain access into the car. From that hole they open the back door and the rest was history.

I was surprised you didn't mention battery and radio. It looks like they didn't remove your battery and radio.

The theif is in the same street with you and probably an electrician.

Every night from 1am to 2am. They go about the street looking for car to vandalized. Especially cars that are pack in the dark.

Look like the person don't want load because he would have remove your 4 rims and battery.

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 11:09am On May 16, 2022
fineboynl:
Look very well. The break the last small glass at the side from there they gain access into the car. From that hole they open the back door and the rest was history.

I was surprised you didn't mention battery and radio. It looks like they didn't remove your battery and radio.

The theif is in the same street with you and probably an electrician.

Every night from 1am to 2am. They go about the street looking for car to vandalized. Especially cars that are pack in the dark.

Look like the person don't want load because he would have remove your 4 rims.

Jesus!

Are u serious?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 11:54am On May 16, 2022
Ceeman18:

Leave those rippers. Even street person wey wan give you tip no go gree again when em see say police is involved to avoid sabo..

Use street way. Align with those rough boys for ur area or ur street security. Use style do noise nd tell people around. Just make sure de gist go round your street or area. With this you'll hear something one day. Somebody must have seen that thief when em dey patrol around the car. Once hands start pointing. Then you can involve the police
I am suspecting one guy, he said he can get the brain box and glass switch at 20k

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 16, 2022
gevans:

I am suspecting one guy, he said he can get the brain box and glass switch at 20k

Engage him. Try to act loose and ingnorant so he would relax and expose himself, then you act more smart nd use other means to measure him up. You can then involve the police and point fingers at him

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by revcompaty(m): 12:02pm On May 16, 2022
gevans:

Sorry for your loss.

Tell the guy you’re interested, let him bring ‘‘em or take you to where it can be bought for the 20k, once item is seen check for every possibility of it been those removed from your car.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 2:33pm On May 16, 2022
revcompaty:

Sorry for your loss.

Tell the guy you’re interested, let him bring ‘‘em or take you to where it can be bought for the 20k, once item is seen check for every possibility of it been those removed from your car.
I engaged him, he said he can get the brain box and switches at 20k. I was shocked.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 2:35pm On May 16, 2022
Ceeman18:

Engage him. Try to act loose and ingnorant so he would relax and expose himself, then you act more smart nd use other means to measure him up. You can then involve the police and point fingers at him
That's exactly what I am doing.

I want to switch to less popular car: which is better between 2008 Honda Accord and 2008 Volvo S60?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by lordm(m): 2:43pm On May 16, 2022
Sorry o.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by kanuisagoat: 3:22pm On May 16, 2022
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by diportivo: 3:32pm On May 16, 2022
this thread is funny even tho it's serious

poster asking for front page for what exactly??I no sabi

detectives say its the rewire on the street...sherlock waaayy

somebody wanting to sell ecu at 20k grin

even MIB go follow job as I dey look am so

if poster frequents cartalk,dem don talk this comprehensive Insurance sotey...he for don get heads up

what has happened has happened......front page won't replace what's lost

hopefully going forward,insurance will be done

8 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by revcompaty(m): 4:00pm On May 16, 2022
gevans:

I engaged him, he said he can get the brain box and switches at 20k. I was shocked.

Then play along if possible
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 4:03pm On May 16, 2022
revcompaty:

Then play along if possible
Exactly what I am currently doing
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 4:05pm On May 16, 2022
diportivo:
this thread is funny even tho it's serious

poster asking for front page for what exactly??I no sabi

detectives say its the rewire on the street...sherlock waaayy

somebody wanting to sell ecu at 20k grin

even MIB go follow job as I dey look am so

if poster frequents cartalk,dem don talk this comprehensive Insurance sotey...he for don get heads up

what has happened has happened......front page won't replace what's lost

hopefully going forward,insurance will be done
Pls kindly elucidate on comprehensive insurance, especially the cost and other important info.
I don't frequent NL

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Pussyassasin(m): 4:42pm On May 16, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Most Expensive Cars In The World! / Innoson Motors (IVM) Commissions Her New LNG/CNG Vehicles / Beware: Flooded Cars From Hurricane Harvey Are Getting Lined Up Already (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.