Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,013 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

My Toyota Corolla Vandalized - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Corolla Vandalized (50663 Views)

My Car Was Vandalized And Robbed / My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday / My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by LaSenior: 4:42pm On May 16, 2022
grin
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Sallams: 4:42pm On May 16, 2022
Ok
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Kajaard: 4:43pm On May 16, 2022
gevans:
Driver's seat glass button

Do you park in the street?

I have a 2018 Toyota Corolla Sport and will never park in the street in Lagos. Corolla parts are hot cake in Lagos.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by godofuck231: 4:44pm On May 16, 2022
gevans:
I don't know why some Nigerians are so heartless. I went to execute some Projects yesterday after first service. I got home past 10 (pm), I went to my car this morning to pick some document from the boot. When I was leaving, I pressed the lock key from the remote, it didn't lock. When I checked properly, I found out that brain box, the driver side glass button and passenger button were all stolen.

I am so pained, this is happening after spending over 500k to fix and replace the engine.

Pls what should I do now, I need to make a critical decision on this Corolla of a thing. I really needs your advice.

Thanks
get the special investigation unit of the police, let them run a finger print on the areas the robber used and dont forget to rip them , uou will be shocked who did it

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by fullnetwork: 4:45pm On May 16, 2022
Same everywhere. That car is extra vulnerable.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by NotBeenPaid: 4:46pm On May 16, 2022

Community car.

10 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by fullnetwork: 4:47pm On May 16, 2022
godofuck231:
get the special investigation unit of the police, let them run a finger print on the areas the robber used and dont forget to rip them , uou will be shocked who did it
NPF or FBI? You think they will touch this case? When money no dey involved? Please be realistic.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by pegix(m): 4:48pm On May 16, 2022
Very painful

Because of a tiny thing destroy the car part like this
He no go use the money do somethinh good

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by pfadom: 4:48pm On May 16, 2022
Insure 2nd hand Tokunbo car in Nigeria. Insurance companies are other brain box group. To respond to your claim is always an issue.

Mynd44:
If that car was insured, you would not be worried right now.

But now that this has happened, find a way to move the vehicle somewhere safe until you can fix it then insure it after fixing.

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Cutehector(m): 4:48pm On May 16, 2022
Na until when bad thing happen to we nigerians, we go begin to take reactive measures.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 16, 2022
gevans:
I don't know why some Nigerians are so heartless. I went to execute some Projects yesterday after first service. I got home past 10 (pm), I went to my car this morning to pick some document from the boot. When I was leaving, I pressed the lock key from the remote, it didn't lock. When I checked properly, I found out that brain box, the driver side glass button and passenger button were all stolen.

I am so pained, this is happening after spending over 500k to fix and replace the engine.

Pls what should I do now, I need to make a critical decision on this Corolla of a thing. I really needs your advice.

Thanks

Sorry bro. Corolla is a popular, in fact the most popular target for car vandals.

They call this car "Kii sun ta" in Lagos, meaning "it doesn't sleep outside". If you use a Corolla in Lag, make sure you park within a gated house or somewhere with security guard otherwise they will vandalize it.

It's so dangerous that these guys even operate with guns while vandalizing the cars in order to avoid getting caught.

8 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by MrCover: 4:50pm On May 16, 2022
So Sorry About That
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by TheWolfen(m): 4:51pm On May 16, 2022
gevans:

I sincerely hope so.
I am now planning to quit Corolla
Yep, quit asap.
They often vandalise the car type because parts are easily sold

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by fullnetwork: 4:51pm On May 16, 2022
gevans:

I did normal 5k car insurance (3rd party)
Oga, pls move this thread to FP, I need more contribution.
Thanks
Oga, police will extort you and nothing will come out of this case. Please try it and update us on your experience with the NPF.
If you have the money, fix it, sell it and go for a car less attractive to vandals.

5 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by godofuck231: 4:51pm On May 16, 2022
fullnetwork:

NPF or FBI? You think they will touch this case? When money no dey involved? Please be realistic.
thats while I said don't forget to tip them , if you wan know say nigerian police sabi with busy them kola
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by tenpipsperday: 4:51pm On May 16, 2022
There's this man on my street. He has enough parking space inside the compound but has vowed never to park inside.

He loved corrolla and wanted to buy it. People came with advice that the motor is too vulnerable to vandalism. The more he received the warning the more he fell in oven with the car.

When he was ready he bought the car and pimped it to taste. He boasted he will drive it for five years and it must always be parked at the gate outside the compound. True to his words he never failed.

Baba Mufu, after parking his car will decorate it with correct Juju. Nobody I mean nobody has ever come near that car when parked talkless of vandalizing it. Dem no born you well.

If you see Juju you go agree say water dey two.

18 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by nedekid: 4:52pm On May 16, 2022
gevans:

Should I invite the Police
Waste of time.
What can the police do in this case? Yeah possibly take fingerprints to compare with NIN or bvn database? (Sic).
Just count it as loss and move ahead jare.

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 16, 2022
Pussyassasin:
Just sell the cat then try add a little more money to get a new ride.

Some Nigerians will comment on certain issues and you'll know it's just so they can be noticed.

You're advising someone to sell a car without a brain box in Nigeria? Nothing gives up your ignorance like this sorta comment.

Make him try go sell the motor in its current state and see if he'll get more than 700K for a Corolla that is rightly supposed to fetch him 2million naira at the very least.

9 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by dayveed1(m): 4:52pm On May 16, 2022
buygala:

No you can't.. Sadly

Sell that car asap and retrieve your peace of mind.. As it stands, all Corolla Drivers, especially this model, are within the gunsights of all armed robbers, petty thieves, car jackers, vandals and assassins across Nigeria..

Next time e fit be you dem go vandalize because of that silly vehicle sad.. Better make hay while the sun shines

Safety first.. That silly fuel economy and durability Corolla mantra can take the back seat...

Na who dey alive and safe and who dem no vandalize him moto dey enjoy fuel economy
What about camry of the same year?
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by ussv: 4:53pm On May 16, 2022
The hardship in this country is something else

3 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Emmy000seun(m): 4:53pm On May 16, 2022
so sorry for your loose bro, because I was in such situation before.(I change to Camry 04, still has his own fault too)the best advise is for you to switch to other brand of car aside Corolla..if you can get the senior of the Corolla from 2009 upward, they don't have vandalization history, or Camry any year of your choice, or Honda civic, Hyundai Accent, Kia Rio..those aforementioned cars will always give you what you want and rest of mind.. shocked coolmy view tho!!!
gevans:

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by OtopDesign(m): 4:55pm On May 16, 2022
B
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Terrence99: 4:56pm On May 16, 2022
Na normal levels na. Go police station and write your name down. They have a big book for Corolla owners.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by caketake3: 4:58pm On May 16, 2022
godofuck231:

I'm really amazed that the police can do this (or that people have hope in the police to do this for "ordinary" people). The money this person will pay to the police will definitely be more than the cost of fixing the car in good shape.

I will advise this individual just do everything but contact the police. They will make him hate the day he stepped into the police station.

5 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by showafrica(m): 4:58pm On May 16, 2022
Mynd44:
If that car was insured, you would not be worried right now.

But now that this has happened, find a way to move the vehicle somewhere safe until you can fix it then insure it after fixing.

Recommend good insurance company
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Enyimbamercedes: 4:59pm On May 16, 2022
Unfortunately, the parts of this car is in high demand and people will put their selfish needs over your pain.

Install after-market alarm system; you know those noisy ones that trigger if the door is opened. The factory systems just immobilize the car but dont sound an alarm if broken into.

Park in a safe area; these cars are not safe parked on the street.

7 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Angelacruz: 4:59pm On May 16, 2022
Stealing brain box has now become a norm .My frd's brain box was stolen twice n the Toyota corolla vandalized
fineboynl:
Look very well. They broke the last small glass at the side from there they gain access into the car. From that hole they open the back door and the rest was history.

I was surprised you didn't mention battery and radio. It looks like they didn't remove your battery and radio.

The theif is in the same street with you and probably an electrician.

Every night from 1am to 2am. They go about the street looking for car to vandalized. Especially cars that are pack in the dark.

Look like the person don't want load because he would have remove your 4 rims and battery.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:00pm On May 16, 2022
cruising my golf 2 in peace!

I park anywhere, nobody touch it!
cool

9 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by oneMalik: 5:01pm On May 16, 2022
i want to ask you now , if you see where they are lynching a thief what will your reaction be like ?

asking from experience !

3 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by ivolt: 5:02pm On May 16, 2022
Use Toyota Corolla at your own risk.
It is not safe on highway, market, public park and even your house.

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Toktee(m): 5:02pm On May 16, 2022
gevans:
Passenger seat glass button
I swear to my balls your mechanic have hand in this operation... the operation look much like it was done by someone with mechanical experience.

Is not easy to take out brain box just like that, also look the way the control on the driver side is removed.

Something like this happened to later I discover it's my mechanic that did it... I almost roast the ediot.. He replaced everything with Abeg you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Most Expensive Cars In The World! / Innoson Motors (IVM) Commissions Her New LNG/CNG Vehicles / Beware: Flooded Cars From Hurricane Harvey Are Getting Lined Up Already (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.