Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,204 members, 7,839,104 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport (32449 Views)

Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed Plane After Pilot Is Incapacitated / If You Haven't Entered Plane At 40, Life Has Passed You - Nigerian Man / In A Plane At 30,000ft & Pilots Are Fighting Like This, What Will You Do?(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 16, 2022
ISellBeer:
Na Benin person

This wahala wey you dey find eehn smiley

Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by Kirkman: 8:03pm On May 16, 2022
Last week's news is what nairaland mods are just pushing to the front page. Tueh!!
Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by Nostring: 8:03pm On May 16, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Auto pilot

He simply set auto pilot on
badbelle Sha full una blood angry.. if na Igboman now ,we for no hear word again undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by lonelydora: 8:04pm On May 16, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Pilot became incapacitated on Air, nothing person no go hear.Stop playing

It's very possible, bro. Why do you think two pilots are always needed?
Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by BeardGangJnr1(m): 8:09pm On May 16, 2022
Autopilot things on point
Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 16, 2022
Nastydroid:
Not everyone can follow instructions in this manner

Also, not everyone can follow instruction under such duress.

4 Likes

Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by EggonBoy(m): 8:15pm On May 16, 2022
But we don read diz same news de other day na cheesy cheesy
Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 16, 2022
arantess:

Auto pilot no go land plane oo

Autopilot can land a plane but it takes an experienced programmer. In such case, The traffic controller would have communicated with him on how to go about it.

2 Likes

Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by tonididdy(m): 8:18pm On May 16, 2022
Liars!....
Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:19pm On May 16, 2022
That's what Adeleke want to try in osun State sad
Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by tonididdy(m): 8:20pm On May 16, 2022
Ceenachi:
Trending lies of d year!
So there's no co-pilot in that flight? Or two of them passed out shocked shocked

Story for the gods to be continued ..... cheesy
better lies
Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by Blakpot: 8:22pm On May 16, 2022
This news is like 3-4 days old na
Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by Eriokanmi: 8:23pm On May 16, 2022
Amazing things always happening among these americans. I remember a day a pilot in order to save all the passengers, landed on the sea when he knew he could not make it to the destination and all the passengers were evacuated alive. These are the stuffs we ought to be applying our brains to, not by setting an innocent lady ablaze all in the name of a religion we are not even practicing in all honesty and purity of heart( the followers of Ganduje, the former governor of Yobe who later became senator , who was caught with 3 harlots in the hotel in a video that went viral, committing the same offence, which he once ordered a poor girl to be stoned to death when he was governor) and be ignorantly displaying the matches used in setting the poor girl ablaze.

I wish the idiot rot in jail, but his fathers of evil will soon release him through the back door, just the same way they took wadume with his cuffs to the military barracks, cutting his cuffs and freeing him and nobody heard about it until one of the police men sent to arrest him, who managed to escape with heavy gun shot wounds went to the police HQ in Abuja to expose the military after he became a little stabilized. Till today, nobody would have known what happened to the police men who were deliberately killed after the military saw them with wadume the killer. For me ooo, na to break away from these people else, we are going to remain this way.

4 Likes

Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by Ten06(m): 8:25pm On May 16, 2022
Great guy

1 Like

Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by lexy2014: 8:25pm On May 16, 2022
Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by nams77: 8:27pm On May 16, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Auto pilot

Can you land a plane with autopilot?

You must disengage auto pilot before you can land a plane

2 Likes

Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 16, 2022
Nastydroid:
Not everyone can follow instructions in this manner
especially BuBu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 16, 2022
One of the perks of being a video gamer, I have a fair knowledge of how to fly a plane playing flight simulator
Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by Alapojames: 8:30pm On May 16, 2022
This stuff also happened in one movie named "snake on the plane"
The guy get his pilot experience from game

But this one na exaggeration
Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by Festflor: 8:31pm On May 16, 2022
Stale news

Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by chikason22(m): 8:32pm On May 16, 2022
Shellsploit:
Useless development!

Something wey i dey do every day with British Airways flight simulator

2 Likes

Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by redcliff: 8:35pm On May 16, 2022
gogeor:
with the aid of YouTube anybody' can fly and land any plane

you for go try am now...
Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by vikiphy89(m): 8:43pm On May 16, 2022
Ceenachi:
Trending lies of d year!
So there's no co-pilot in that flight? Or two of them passed out shocked shocked

Story for the gods to be continued ..... cheesy
This is a Cessna aircraft oga

1 Like

Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by goslowgoslow(m): 8:43pm On May 16, 2022
lonelydora:
Any smart person can land a plane. Once you squawk (declare emergency), the Air Traffic Controllers (ATCs) take over and tell you what to do.

Yes, it's that easy.

For those saying "autopilot", it is not, please. Even trained pilots rarely land a plane with autopilot.

Read my aviation topics. I have wanted to do more aviation threads but mods are not encouraging me at all.
Na so he easy indeed! I am sure you can't even drive a car.

1 Like

Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by Stevebrown(m): 8:43pm On May 16, 2022
Dude must be a big time video gamer.
Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by Supermajor(m): 8:43pm On May 16, 2022
ManirBK:

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/amp/florida-passenger-lands-plane/index.html

If na Nigeria now, na Blood of Jesus/ innalillahiwainnailaihirojiun everybody for dy shout till plane crash....
Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by KingAzubuike(f): 8:47pm On May 16, 2022
lonelydora:
Any smart person can land a plane. Once you squawk (declare emergency), the Air Traffic Controllers (ATCs) take over and tell you what to do.

Yes, it's that easy.

For those saying "autopilot", it is not, please. Even trained pilots rarely land a plane with autopilot.

Read my aviation topics. I have wanted to do more aviation threads but mods are not encouraging me at all.
That's for small planes like Cessna. If na Boeing, don't dare try it.

1 Like

Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by RexTramadol1: 8:47pm On May 16, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
That's what Adeleke want to try in osun State sad

Omo I never see person wey get choco reach u oooo

See as you Dey make me laugh
Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by HardMirror(m): 8:49pm On May 16, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Auto pilot

you be olodo. Autopilot is only for cruising not takeoff and landing. He simply followed instructions the air traffic controller gave him. It is standard procedure in aviation. They have that protocol incase anything happens to the pilot, they can guide any calm passenger to land the plane

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by Slynation(m): 8:50pm On May 16, 2022
Something that happened since last week is now making the news here...nawa oO

1 Like

Re: A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport by HardMirror(m): 8:50pm On May 16, 2022
KingAzubuike:

That's for small planes like Cessna. If na Boeing, don't dare try it.
another smart illiterate. It is a standard protocol in aviation even if it is the most sophisticated airplane they can guide you to land the plane, so far you are calm and can follow instructions

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Staff Of Akwa Ibom Newspaper Die In Accident While Returning From Wedding / Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland / Photo: Accident At Ikeja This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.