Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Full Time House Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Full Time House Wife? (1552 Views)

Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! / Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? / Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Time House Wife? by itsweet: 1:13pm On May 17, 2022
What will be your reaction if your newly wedded husband ask you to resign from your 80k job and become a full time house wife? cry angry
Re: Full Time House Wife? by JovialJune(f): 1:15pm On May 17, 2022
All these insecure men with -0 self esteem trying to subjugate women by all means, always against a grown adult from being useful to herself and the society,

If that is what you are facing right now madam Op, and it was not agreed upon before marriage, and you don't want to loose your job, tell him straight up that it is never gonna happen, if he insists and threatens you, leave the house and be on your own, marriage is not a do or die affair.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Time House Wife? by thesicilian: 1:30pm On May 17, 2022
JovialJune:
All these insecure men with -0 self esteem trying to subjugate women by all means, always against a grown adult from being useful to herself and the society,

If that is what you are facing right now madam Op, and it was not agreed upon before marriage, and you don't want to loose your job, tell him straight up that it is never gonna happen, if he insists and threatens you, leave the house and be on your own, marriage is not a do or die affair.

It's not about self esteem or trying to subjugate women, it's about what's best for the family. If the husband is capable and willing to take care of the family alone while the wife stays home to make sure the kids are well brought up, isn't that much better than having both father and mother hardly around while the children rot way under societal and social media influence?

4 Likes

Re: Full Time House Wife? by doggedfighter(f): 1:51pm On May 17, 2022
It may not mean anything now because the marriage is still young but as the years go by

you will realise the disservice you did to yourself by leaving your job and depending entirely and wholly on your husband.

Why marry a working class in the first place ?

Look for people that suits your taste and not try to force your life style or rules on someone.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Time House Wife? by JovialJune(f): 1:56pm On May 17, 2022
thesicilian:

It's not about self esteem or trying to subjugate women, it's about what's best for the family. If the husband is capable and willing to take care of the family alone while the wife stays home to make sure the kids are well brought up, isn't that much better than having both father and mother hardly around while the children rot way under societal and social media influence?

1) You cannot mandate a grown adult to do what you want for your selfish interest, especially on something that was not agreed upon before getting married, that is deceit bordering on insecurity and esteem issues, hubands like that sees career women as a threat to their ego as a man, so they will say and do things to bring them down by all means.

2) It behooves sensible minds to still see that in these 21st century, educated enlightened adults still have backward mentality that even our mothers of old weren't used to, they worked in the farm and were market women, they worked with their hands and earned a living there by contributing to the welfare of the family

3) Being a full time house wife is not the best for the family, it doesn't guarantee well brought up kids, there are kids who had a full time house wife as a mum, they turned out terrible at the end of the day, it is not a one way street for all

4) There are career husband and wives that trained the best children doing fine in the society, some turned out the opposite, again, it is not a one way street for all

A husband mandating an adult to be a full time house wife is clear cut subjugation, plain and simple, it is for his own selfish interest, not for his kids or any other silly excuses.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Time House Wife? by Klass99(f): 1:59pm On May 17, 2022
cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Time House Wife? by anthonyuncle(m): 2:16pm On May 17, 2022
the couple should discuss it and arrive at an agreement

2 Likes

Re: Full Time House Wife? by JovialJune(f): 2:17pm On May 17, 2022
Klass99:

You are just on a war path these days, either starting vawulence or responding to it. grin

Believe it or not, there is a war going on against women, not physical, but in words, thoughts, and deeds, they are trying to limit us, push us to the side as inconsequential, unimportant, and worthless, especially in Africa/Nigeria

When it all started, we didn't take them serious because we felt it is just online shenanigans and it ends there, but now, it is full blown, and we should not ignore it, I can't ignore their nonsense anymore, these sets of useless men are not just on this forum, they are on every platform, even offline, and they need to be put in their place, and at the same time we need to preach about the capabilities of women and what we can achieve so that upcoming little ones will not grow up with the negative mentalities these men are trying to push forward as the norm and expectations of women, it is annoying and belittling,

Klass, look at the husband Op is talking about, why would anyone want a full time house wife in this 21st century?

Look at the mindset of the other person I quoted, is that a normal human being?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Time House Wife? by Acidosis(m): 2:26pm On May 17, 2022
If staying at home makes economic sense, why not?
Re: Full Time House Wife? by greenie77: 2:30pm On May 17, 2022
thesicilian:

In this present day Nigeria is what one sees no danger depending on a single income? shocked

Being a stay-at-home mom is a risky path, the wife is now dependent on the moods and goodwill of the husband....what is the guarantee that the husband would not use that to insult her later? If the husband loses his source of income or if he falls sick where he has to be taken from one hospital to the other or he passes away, how is the wife and children going to survive?

How many Nigerian widows do you know, who after their husband's death received life insurance payouts to cater for the family left behind?

3 Likes

Re: Full Time House Wife? by Klass99(f): 2:51pm On May 17, 2022
cool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Time House Wife? by Richy4(m): 3:05pm On May 17, 2022
Sooo what will she be doing at home? A dressed up doll Looking calm, cool and collected full stop? angry

3 Likes

Re: Full Time House Wife? by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 17, 2022
Unless it was agreed upon, I strongly advise against that....

The way this country is eh, it is very dangerous for a family to have just one source of income, VERY DANGEROUS....

If the reason for this move is because of time to take care of the kids and all, then rather than quit your job and become a full time house wife, look for something that pays equally well, but takes less of your time....

But by all means, DONT QUIT YOUR JOB!!

1 Like

Re: Full Time House Wife? by Mariangeles(f): 3:34pm On May 17, 2022
Acidosis:

If staying at home makes economic sense, why not?

The issue is much more than domestic economy.
It is also about being productive and feeling fulfilled.
Those are too much of a sacrifice to ask of a person against their will.
Re: Full Time House Wife? by Mariangeles(f): 3:41pm On May 17, 2022
itsweet:
What will be your reaction if your newly wedded husband ask you to resign from your 80k job and become a full time house wife? cry angry

If you both didn't agree on that prior to getting married, then that is selfish and dishonest of him.

1 Like

Re: Full Time House Wife? by prettysassygirl(f): 4:01pm On May 17, 2022
itsweet:
He no go even try am. He knows I will get depressed. No woman should even agree to such cos some years down the line these same men would look down on you as nonentities.

1 Like

Re: Full Time House Wife? by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:03pm On May 17, 2022
Tell him to give you some cash to set up a business. Personal business gives women time to manage the home front. Make sure the business is registered with your name. Why did this newly wedded husband wait till you married him before he tells you to resign? Why didn't he say tell you early enough that he likes a full time housewife. You better tell your parents so that they talk to him.

3 Likes

Re: Full Time House Wife? by Dollywood(m): 5:03pm On May 17, 2022
At least be grateful you have a husband that sincerely loves you and sweep up your responsibilities. Believe in him, and his decisions then your marriage will have no problem. Take advise from these bitter hogwash females on Nairaland, and you should do RIP to your marriage in advance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Time House Wife? by socialmediaman: 5:32pm On May 17, 2022
itsweet:

If it's in the interest of the family and makes economic sense then it's not really such a big deal as long as gray areas are clarified, like will he be providing monthly maintenance allowance for her to compensate for her lost income? Does he make enough money to take care of the family alone? They can definitely find ways to work things out.

Full time housewife is what some women wish for while it's not some people's thing

2 Likes

Re: Full Time House Wife? by OlawaleBammie: 5:52pm On May 17, 2022
itsweet:
See madam, if u want to break ur home, keep coming here to tell us everything unfolding in ur home, ok??

Sofar ur husband is responsible for ur upkeep amd keep doin fine financially, i don't know why u re giving ursef unnecessary headache ma.

Those girls advising u here are aged, unmarried and jobless, they are secretly praying to be like u. I pity u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Time House Wife? by Acidosis(m): 5:52pm On May 17, 2022
Mariangeles:

The issue is much more than domestic economy.
It is also about being productive and feeling fulfilled.
Those are too much of a sacrifice to ask of a person against their will.

Yeah. I agree. A sense of fulfillment is key.
Re: Full Time House Wife? by shege45: 6:21pm On May 17, 2022
thesicilian:

pikin wey wan rot away go still rot even if both parents are present

1 Like

Re: Full Time House Wife? by emmanuelbrown26: 6:28pm On May 17, 2022
Dollywood:
At least be grateful you have a husband that sincerely loves you and sweep up your responsibilities. Believe in him, and his decisions then your marriage will have no problem. Take advise from these bitter hogwash females on Nairaland, and you should do RIP to your marriage in advance.
All these bittered, dejected, rejected and frustrated aunties no go allow us see road again bcs one brother dun break their heart or bcs they didn't make judicious use of their time early enough.
This is just simple thing na, if d husband is buoyant enough to carter for d financial issues at home, I don't see anything wrong in it. But a situation where d husband is still struggling to stand on his feet, he should allow d wife to work a little then open business for her.

2 Likes

Re: Full Time House Wife? by emmanuelbrown26: 6:29pm On May 17, 2022
socialmediaman:

If it's in the interest of the family and makes economic sense then it's not really such a big deal as long as gray areas are clarified, like will he be providing monthly maintenance allowance for her to compensate for her lost income? Does he make enough money to take care of the family alone? They can definitely find ways to work things out.

Full time housewife is what some women wish for while it's not some people's thing
U JUST DID D SUMMARY OF D WhOLE THING, UNLIKE ALL THESE DAUGHTers OF EVE UP THEIR

1 Like

Re: Full Time House Wife? by emmanuelbrown26: 6:32pm On May 17, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
See madam, if u want to break ur home, keep coming here to tell us everything unfolding in ur home, ok??

Sofar ur husband is responsible for ur upkeep amd keep doin fine financially, i don't know why u re giving ursef unnecessary headache ma.

Those girls advising u here are aged, unmarried and jobless, they are secretly praying to be like u. I pity u
Thank God say no bi my mouth dem here am. If na my mouth na, dem for cum. For. My head

1 Like

Re: Full Time House Wife? by OlawaleBammie: 6:53pm On May 17, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Thank God say no bi my mouth dem here am. If na my mouth na, dem for cum. For. My head
Den u go activate ur legendary headguard grin grin
Re: Full Time House Wife? by emmanuelbrown26: 6:59pm On May 17, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
Den u go activate ur legendary headguard grin grin
I always give it to them back to back, I don't relent in putting them where they belongs to

1 Like

Re: Full Time House Wife? by Bignuell(m): 7:10pm On May 17, 2022
Issues like this should be discussed before tieing the knot
Re: Full Time House Wife? by faithfull18(f): 7:48pm On May 17, 2022
OlawaleBammie:

Lol, funny. Most people want to live soft lives on the norm nah with someone catering to your needs and wants. Or you think ladies juggling house chores, career, kids and everything with little or no help are enjoying it. Most don't have a choice.

Nothing wrong with being a full time housewife if the husband is paying her a salary and footing everything without complaints but life is unpredictable ehn. What happens to her and family, if something happens to the husband suddenly

Lol, the way you guys see things here. Well, everybody has a brain and knows what's best for them.

3 Likes

Re: Full Time House Wife? by OlawaleBammie: 8:45pm On May 17, 2022
faithfull18:

Lol, funny. Most people want to live soft lives on the norm nah with someone catering to your needs and wants. Or you think ladies juggling house chores, career, kids and everything with little or no help are enjoying it. Most don't have a choice.

Nothing wrong with being a full time housewife if the husband is paying her a salary and footing everything without complaints but life is unpredictable ehn. What happens to her and family, if something happens to the husband suddenly

Lol, the way you guys see things here. Well, everybody has a brain and knows what's best for them.
Me, Olawale, i can never allow my woman to be one yeye housewife, i have been telling her from onset

This is the code, if u re the owner of ur company, like u re the CEO then u can make ur wife the full housewife, afterall she's the co-owner of the company, and if at all shit happens, she will be managing the company behind u.

But if u re an employee and u want to make ur wife a housewife without opening a good and worthy business for her, u re doing ursef sir.
Re: Full Time House Wife? by eyinjuege: 9:01pm On May 17, 2022
Baby girl life cheesy
Enjoy your self dear.
Just make sure he's dropped at least 10 years salary in your akant - roughly 10 million.
That should cover part of your pension and gratuity. Use part of the money to set-up a business you can do from the confines of your home
grin

4 Likes

Re: Full Time House Wife? by ireneidiva(f): 9:24pm On May 17, 2022
Acidosis:

Yeah. I agree. A sense of fulfillment is key.
Exactly

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Deal With A Cheating Husband? / What's D First Thing U Do To Ur Little Baby Every Morning? / What Manner Of Husband Are You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.