Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

2023: I Am Not Running For Presidency – Afdb Boss, Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I Am Not Running For Presidency – Afdb Boss, Adesina (258 Views)

African Bank Afdb Boss, Adesina Proposes ‘united States Of Nigeria’ To Achieve R / Atiku Not Running For Drug Trafficking & Money Laundering - Aide Slams Tinubu / Afdb Boss, Adesina Reunites With Former Driver In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1)

2023: I Am Not Running For Presidency – Afdb Boss, Adesina by WORDSENSEI: 1:32pm On May 17, 2022
President of the African Development Bank (AfDB), Dr Akinwumi Adesina has said that he will not contest in the 2023 presidential race.

Adesina made the clarification in a statement on Tuesday.

ThisNigeria reported that a group had purchased the All Progressives Congress (APC) N100m nomination form for Adesina to contest for the presidency.

The statement read: "I have been extremely humbled by several calls from Nigerians at home and abroad that I should consider running for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“I am very touched by all who have gone to a great extent, with such huge sacrifices of their own volition to consider me worthy to be proposed for potential consideration.

“The coalition groups of youth, women, farmers, physically challenged and well-meaning Nigerians that have done this have expressed their genuine free will.

“They also expressed their political right, freedom of expression and association for my consideration, with the interest of Nigeria at heart.

“While I am deeply honoured, humbled and grateful for all the incredible goodwill, kindness and confidence, my current responsibilities at this time do not allow me to accept to be considered.

“I remain fully engaged and committed to the mission that Nigeria, Africa and all the non-African shareholders of the AfDB have given me for Africa’s development."

https://thisnigeria.com/2023-i-am-not-running-for-presidency-afdb-boss-adesina/

Re: 2023: I Am Not Running For Presidency – Afdb Boss, Adesina by ThankGodFriday(m): 1:36pm On May 17, 2022
Run, you're qualified for it
Re: 2023: I Am Not Running For Presidency – Afdb Boss, Adesina by Mynd44: 2:19pm On May 17, 2022

(1)

Has Anybody Noticed This Phenomenon / Photo: Asiwaju In Yobe State / Presidential Candidate Peter Obi Dumps PDP For Labour Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.