Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

I Got Scammed!!! Devs Shine Your Eyes... - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Got Scammed!!! Devs Shine Your Eyes... (3525 Views)

So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. / Hi Devs, See What I Won (New Survey) / Shine Your Eye - Use This Guide To Learn How To Buy A Good Laptop For Coding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got Scammed!!! Devs Shine Your Eyes... by mcameo: 4:50pm On May 20, 2022
Op, sorry about that, how can you be reached?
Re: I Got Scammed!!! Devs Shine Your Eyes... by TheManOfTheYear: 10:29am On May 21, 2022
truthsayer009:
Sorry bro, before you do any take-home test next time, read up their Glassdoor comments. People would have warned not to do the take home assessments. I would advice going to Glassdoor to drop a comment on their company page about what they did, so others will learn.

Also, one red flag is that once you apply to a company & they send you a take home test without speaking to you first on a call, 9/10 they are scammers.
It's not always like that bro
Re: I Got Scammed!!! Devs Shine Your Eyes... by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 21, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:
It's not always like that bro

Yes, but when 5 companies sends you take-home test & you do all of them, and only one gives you feedback, it means you have wasted your time & they never even lifted a finger, no time investment from them. A company who actually invest their time in speaking to you means more business, I'm telling you from experience. Also, It gives you an opportunity to ask the Interviewer how many rounds of Interviews at the beginning, anything more than 4 rounds and not a faang company should be rejected because you can't be spending all your time ontop of worthless pay.

2 Likes

Re: I Got Scammed!!! Devs Shine Your Eyes... by doggedfighter(f): 7:03pm On Jun 27, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

The same o. They kicked me out of the repo they asked me to upload it to and sent a generic rejection mail.

Is it you for real ?
Re: I Got Scammed!!! Devs Shine Your Eyes... by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:05pm On Jun 27, 2022
doggedfighter:

Is it you for real ?

Yeah lol.
Re: I Got Scammed!!! Devs Shine Your Eyes... by doggedfighter(f): 7:07pm On Jun 27, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah lol.

I am afraid of clones.
Re: I Got Scammed!!! Devs Shine Your Eyes... by Lana1(m): 9:57am On Jun 28, 2022
The red flag should have been where you had to push to their private repo. Which kind take home assignment be that
Re: I Got Scammed!!! Devs Shine Your Eyes... by Csami(m): 11:46am On Jun 28, 2022
You Bleep up. You for just host am then send dem link. But how you wan take know?! You still fit put am for your repo then send dem the link.

1 Like

Re: I Got Scammed!!! Devs Shine Your Eyes... by magabounce(m): 2:40pm On Aug 09, 2022
ichidodo:
One of my current remote employs gave off that kind of vibes when i was applying to it...tests upon tests over long intervals that was leading to no where.. Until one test that nearly burst my brain and I just unloaded the whole sh**t on the recruiter, I believed he felt and knew I would try to trace him and strangle his neck...
unbeknownst to me, my employment letter was being typed the very moment I was busy giving the recruiter a piece of my mind.
Can I send a PM?
Re: I Got Scammed!!! Devs Shine Your Eyes... by ichidodo: 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2022
magabounce:

Can I send a PM?
You want to offer me a gig in a remote tech startup?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does ALX Software Engineering Really Worth It? / Try This Algorithm Question. / Create A Website Like Nairaland In 3minutes & Start Making Tons Of Money Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.