Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

My Upwork Journey - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Upwork Journey (818 Views)

Question About Upwork Accounts. / Help Guys My Upwork Account Has Been Approved But / Guys Upwork Has Not Been On Side. No Job Since.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Upwork Journey by LikeAking: 12:46am On May 18, 2022
Hello devs,

I reged on Upwork 2 wks ago and that day I applied for a Job, I got a Job within an hour, but lost the job cos I didn't know word press. Actually I have used WP before, but not a pro WP builder. I latter realized WP is a small thing, If I can hard code from the scratch wetin be WP. My would be employer even confessed he thought I built my projects with WP. Na so I miss that chance.

I got another contract latter from a German, but I told him to end the contract cos of communication. Na so I miss that chance.

Did some interviews,etc. I got another chance in A bio LABS Comp in the USA, but I lost out...

Since then UP Work tire me. I also got angry when I realized UP work connects are for sale. Is that another form of exploitation or what?

Since then I hardly get any interview,etc. I cant offer React skillz right now. - May be thats may be a reason. I am good with JS animations but such offers are very rare and they require very experienced hands,etc. Have my village people gotten the news of my Up work journey?

I just love to hard code things, I sabi JS, no means say I must be a front end guy. Why is the industry like that? I taught I will get a chance to code things with JS, but it all about front end, front end. I still dey try for the front end, but without React skills. React na beans but my sys no fit run am. I have to upgrade sha.

I believe Up work is dull, abeg were e dey happen now?

And

Who ft borrow me 1 million Naira for a Mac book?
Re: My Upwork Journey by chatinent: 1:04am On May 18, 2022
Before you begin receiving gigs on Upwork..like four times monthly, I mean big gigs, you for don spend about 50k on the ritual to make your profile stand out.
Re: My Upwork Journey by LikeAking: 1:20am On May 18, 2022
chatinent:
Before you begin receiving gigs on Upwork..like four times monthly, I mean big gigs, you for don spend about 50k on the ritual to make your profile stand out.

Nawa!

Life sef.
Re: My Upwork Journey by thanksjosh005: 7:21am On May 18, 2022
Sorry bro. Upwork could be like that sometimes. You just have to pray to find the right person with the right gig and consistent connection
Re: My Upwork Journey by mikebabs101: 8:26am On May 18, 2022
I got tired of upwork also cos I get any gig on there as a data analyst
Re: My Upwork Journey by loveme1738: 8:50am On May 18, 2022
My own experience with upwork is really a terrible one, the only gigs I got was from a scam profile and another from someone who needed me to do something with angular (I'm react.js). Well I have decided to pause my journey on all these freelance platforms, I think I need to learn the art of putting my profile out there, submitting the rights proposals etc

1 Like

Re: My Upwork Journey by Deicide: 9:17am On May 18, 2022
Even me self Na WordPress work full my FP even though I didn't put WordPress as a skills. The thing tire me undecided
Re: My Upwork Journey by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:02am On May 18, 2022
Most of this has been talked about on this forum like two years back. You better learn WordPress very well if you wanna make money on Upwork o. WordPress isn't going anywhere.
Re: My Upwork Journey by airsaylongcome: 10:09am On May 18, 2022
I've struggled on Upwork as well

2 Likes

Re: My Upwork Journey by qtguru(m): 11:21am On May 18, 2022
Wordpress has gigs in Development especially in :

Blocks Development
Elementor Developer

I used to do that in the past, judt php knowlegde and OOP and read wordpress codex small, it is not that hard to build plugins, with time and documentation, you can handle it.

@tensazangetsu20 is right you must know WP Development for WP gigs.

(1) (Reply)

Buying Africard Fund. / Help � / Local Software Vendors Flex Muscles With Foreign Brands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.