Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:37 AM

Question About Upwork Accounts. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Question About Upwork Accounts. (1442 Views)

Buy Verified Upwork Accounts / Guys Upwork Has Not Been On Side. No Job Since.... / Urgent Question About APTECH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question About Upwork Accounts. by mlkraj(m): 3:11pm On Jul 15, 2020
Hello guys, I just started freelancing recently and upwork ask me today to verify my account by sending a picture of a government issued I'd card as well as the video interview within 7 days.

My question is, does upwork allow paper national id card/slip (the brown copy) ? because that is only what I have access to now. And if NO what do I do next (I don't have money to collect either driver's license nor international passport) also it's not election time yet so voter's card is out of it.

Note: I don't even have the paper national id card yet I'll just quickly go and collect it. Nd I dont want to stress myself and spend money(since they've not officially resumed) if it would b useless at last.

Pls help
Re: Question About Upwork Accounts. by qwertyboss(m): 3:49pm On Jul 15, 2020
mlkraj:
Hello guys, I just started freelancing recently and upwork ask me today to verify my account by sending a picture of a government issued I'd card as well as the video interview within 7 days.

My question is, does upwork allow paper national id card/slip (the brown copy) ? because that is only what I have access to now. And if NO what do I do next (I don't have money to collect either driver's license nor international passport) also it's not election time yet so voter's card is out of it.

Note: I don't even have the paper national id card yet I'll just quickly go and collect it. Nd I dont want to stress myself and spend money(since they've not officially resumed) if it would b useless at last.

Pls help
Had they approved your account?
You can use any idcard with date of birth on it...
I can create an ID that Upwork accept for a meager amount..
Email my signature
Re: Question About Upwork Accounts. by mlkraj(m): 4:07pm On Jul 15, 2020
qwertyboss:

Had they approved your account?
You can use any idcard with date of birth on it...
I can create an ID that Upwork accept for a meager amount..
Email my signature

I'm sorry I don't understand ur definition of approval I register successfully and even applied for a job and got d contract which I finished. Its this morning they mailed me of identity confirmation.

Do your clients later run into this issue after getting some work done? If no then mayb I'll mail u for d account
Re: Question About Upwork Accounts. by GreatAchiever1: 5:09pm On Jul 15, 2020
I never knew upwork asks for video interview..
Re: Question About Upwork Accounts. by qwertyboss(m): 5:17pm On Jul 15, 2020
mlkraj:

I'm sorry I don't understand ur definition of approval I register successfully and even applied for a job and got d contract which I finished. Its this morning they mailed me of identity confirmation.

Do your clients later run into this issue after getting some work done? If no then mayb I'll mail u for d account
It happens because you do not verify your identity at the beginning which is required
Re: Question About Upwork Accounts. by qwertyboss(m): 5:18pm On Jul 15, 2020
GreatAchiever1:
Me too...
Hope it's the popular Upwork here in question.
Re: Question About Upwork Accounts. by juliusijidola: 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2020
GreatAchiever1:

qwertyboss:

Me too...
Hope it's the popular Upwork here in question.

And you both are all working on up work?
Re: Question About Upwork Accounts. by juliusijidola: 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2020
mlkraj don't pay money to does who knows nothing about upwork for your own sake
Re: Question About Upwork Accounts. by Martins134: 6:12pm On Jul 15, 2020
mlkraj:

Pls help

Hello,
Upwork accepts the paper ID card. I just used it to verify myself on Sunday.

To verify your identity, follow all instructions stated religiously.
When you get to the place for uploading your documents, upload the paper ID without any flash while taking the picture or editing. Make sure the edges are visible.

When asked the type of ID choose "others" NOT National ID card(that's what I choose and got verified).

For the video verification, download Google meet because it will be used to verify your identity. They will ask a few questions about your account like email, middle name, etc.
Before you start the video verification, you will be directed to the Upwork support chat bot.It will provide the link for the meeting which lasts less than 10mins. Goodluck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question About Upwork Accounts. by qwertyboss(m): 6:16pm On Jul 15, 2020
juliusijidola:
mlkraj don't pay money to does who knows nothing about upwork for your own sake
Please if you want the ID stuff go ahead and provide one for him
Re: Question About Upwork Accounts. by mlkraj(m): 6:25pm On Jul 15, 2020
Martins134:

Hello,

When you get to the place for uploading your documents, upload the paper ID without any flash while taking the picture or editing. Make sure the edges are visible.

When asked the type of ID choose "others" NOT National ID card(that's what I choose and got verified).

For the video verification, download Google meet because it will be used to verify your identity. They will ask a few questions about your account like email, middle name, etc.
Before you start the video verification, you will be directed to the Upwork support chat bot.It will provide the link for the meeting which lasts less than 10mins. Goodluck.

Thanks soo much. I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Question About Upwork Accounts. by mlkraj(m): 6:25pm On Jul 15, 2020
Also thanks to every other person that replied
Re: Question About Upwork Accounts. by Martins134: 6:28pm On Jul 15, 2020
mlkraj:

Thanks soo much. I really appreciate.

You are welcome wink wink
Re: Question About Upwork Accounts. by GreatAchiever1: 7:17pm On Jul 15, 2020
juliusijidola:

And you both are all working on up work?
I never said I was, I just read/listen to people conversion about upwork, and i've never heard anyone say anything about any video interview.
So I'm surprised hearing this and want to know if they truly do.
Re: Question About Upwork Accounts. by Datlagboi2(m): 9:10pm On Jul 15, 2020
Approved upwork accounts available for sale. Contact via my signature
Re: Question About Upwork Accounts. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 15, 2021
I just went through the same process. How long did your profile take to get approved
Martins134:

Hello,

Re: Question About Upwork Accounts. by Martins134: 8:35pm On Sep 15, 2021
Spikes123:
I just went through the same process. How long did your profile take to get approved
Less than a day

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Learn Cake Php / A Nairalander Designs A Software To Boast Entrepreneurship In Universities / Sbr Smtp Scanner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.