Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,006 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It (43924 Views)

Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder / I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Samjay83: 10:13am On May 19, 2022
There is a proverb that says "the first masquerade that dance will watch other masquerade dancing las las'
Dont be too in a haste to get rich quick to waste ur money on youthful exuberance, wait for God's time of life.
At your old age let money not be your problem.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by cavi: 10:34am On May 19, 2022
YoudeyVexme:
Someone who Just did youth service already got a high paying job in nppc, while me that have graduated Since 2010 still struggling to feed from hand to mouth, no properties no thing to call my own. Meanwhile a cousin of mine already own 2 houses this boy I used to dash him 20naira for busicuit early 2008 when I visit my aunty, now he's 22.

Once you asked them for help and they give you once, they won't want to give you again. My heart's boil so hot whenever I see them on wheels driving expensive cars, A boy who doesn't know anything about life is already married with kid on the way. It wasn't like This when I was in my 20s, back then, we had to labour hard...farming, fishing and the rest to make ends meet..

Imagine, I had to go for house hunting last week and we had to wait for the owner of the compound, he arrived a young man expecting me to greet him first. I just called the agent I wasn't interested.. somebody that can't drag age with my youngest brother.

Age is nothing but a number, if only you worked half as hard and as smart I’m sure you’ll be doing fine.
Success earns you respect not age or Jack shit.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by DaniellaDokubo(f): 10:49am On May 19, 2022
You can't be bitter and be better

2 Likes

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Abiliboi: 10:56am On May 19, 2022
Jesu
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Rushna27(f): 11:16am On May 19, 2022
Bro,no vex ooo so u want d owner of an apartment u wanna rent to greet u first.... God help ur pride o...better double ur hustle to be successful and stop hating.. their source of wealth Shud not bother you bt do urs in ur own way

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Moscoprof(m): 11:18am On May 19, 2022
Na pride go kill you... you better humble your self before all this young people make dem show u road... old skool like you grin

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by achimendy(m): 11:28am On May 19, 2022
YoudeyVexme:
Someone who Just did youth service already got a high paying job in nppc, while me that have graduated Since 2010 still struggling to feed from hand to mouth, no properties no thing to call my own. Meanwhile a cousin of mine already own 2 houses this boy I used to dash him 20naira for busicuit early 2008 when I visit my aunty, now he's 22.

Once you asked them for help and they give you once, they won't want to give you again. My heart's boil so hot whenever I see them on wheels driving expensive cars, A boy who doesn't know anything about life is already married with kid on the way. It wasn't like This when I was in my 20s, back then, we had to labour hard...farming, fishing and the rest to make ends meet..

Imagine, I had to go for house hunting last week and we had to wait for the owner of the compound, he arrived a young man expecting me to greet him first. I just called the agent I wasn't interested.. somebody that can't drag age with my youngest brother.

My advice for you is stop being jealous, envy has never helped anyone.
Learn to always appreciate good things and pray for your own ,God will surely see you through.

I know it's frustrating and it's not easy, but don't hate on them, always stay positive. Your own will surely come.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Adaobiii: 11:35am On May 19, 2022
@op
This is the exact reason why you are still poor and struggling.
It will remain so if you don't purge your heart

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by MARYIAN(f): 11:38am On May 19, 2022
Stop hating on people's success rather celebrate their success, so that success would smile back at you.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by rita25(f): 12:13pm On May 19, 2022
POVERTY HAS MADE THIS ONE BITTER
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 19, 2022
dawnomike:
You need not to be angered by the success of others no matter their age... Yours will come in due time.

There's always room for catching up and overtaking at the top...

You are one of the guys I respect so much on nairaland. Your views and your mindset towards others is very good.

You always encourage when others choose to attack.

Keep it up.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Soknown: 4:16pm On May 19, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

Let's take this post as your cry for help,
These are some things that others did that got them to where they are.
1. In 2010, some took time to learn skills, both soft and hard skill set as it were, that was different from their course of study in the Uni. Some learnt how to code, some learn how to sell, some learnt how to build things, some learnt how to make people laugh, etc. Today they are better off for it.
2. In 2010, some went into Agriculture, some bought lands, leased land for plantations, food and tree crops, cocoa, palm tree, Teak, Mahogany, Gmelina trees. Hypothetically, someone with 1,000 Teak or Gmelina trees planted in 2010 will be reaping in Joy today.
3. In 2010, some started transport business, started with motorcycles and today owning haulage companies.
The question is, what have you been doing? How have you been doing it? What skills do you have?, Apart from making money, What passion do you have?
There was this particular quote on a chalk board in my secondary school's library, ' the heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night'. Wadsworth Longfellow.

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Ginomel(m): 4:23pm On May 19, 2022
6pack:
grin cheesy na your type dey jealous me for just ONing gen 24 7

When you are disturbing the neighbourhood,you are happy.If you have money,install solar power,then if you cant install that in someone's property,you are nobody to be jealous of.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by dawnomike(m): 10:51pm On May 19, 2022
honeyball:

You are one of the guys I respect so much on nairaland. Your views and your mindset towards others is very good.

You always encourage when others choose to attack.

Keep it up.
Wow! thanks so much...

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by 6pack: 10:33am On May 20, 2022
Ginomel:

When you are disturbing the neighbourhood,you are happy.If you have money,install solar power,then if you cant install that in someone's property,you are nobody to be jealous of.
I don't have money. Is there anywhere I said I have money? I said na your type gl dey jealous person wey just on gen 24 hours to dey ok. Take your frustration to buhari. Not me

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Sorrento: 4:56pm On May 20, 2022
tshtsh:
Please stop being bitter. A lot of people are bitter like this but truth is you cant stop some people from being successful. It is just not possible. Instead you can learn from them.

When I started out as a youth corper in 2015 I got a software engineering job from an organization that really wanted to hire me but were constrained because I did not have the NYSC certificate. To get a hold of me they offered me a consultancy position from which I was making some good money. I was attending meetings with them at OEM offices, bank HQs and also designing/implementing some of their software products which they were selling to banks.

The funny thing was that I had a friend who was a civil servant and told me that I was now in Nigeria & advised me to forget all that software non-sense. That he can't even give out his daughter to any man that builds websites for a living. I tried to explain the difference between software applications and websites/webpages. He told me that any job outside the federal government is rubbish.

By my second month as a youth corper I had furnished my apartment fully. As a 23 year old with no responsibility I use to go to accra or abuja for some weekends from Lagos and also went on vacation to Barcelona during my service year. A lot of family members were questioning my source of income. Two weeks after completing NYSC the company I was consulting for made me an offer for a fulltime position & I paid down 3.5M for a car. I had been saving all through but wanted to be sure that they'll make me a fulltime offer before doing some things. Tongues were still all over the place. The friend that rubbished my profession was now also borrowing money from me. Family members were also gossiping all over the place.

I eventually left my first employer to one of his clients who poached me for some better pay/working condition. While working as a software engineer at my new place I went out of my way to learn new technologies that weren't even in use in Nigeria. With that I was able to land remote jobs after two years & as the naira got devalued my income improved because I was earning euros from a company in Malta and later Germany.

I got fed up with being in Nigeria and applied for the Canadian PR through express entry and was selected to apply for permanent residence. I eventually got the application approved, bought a Canadian number online and started applying for jobs from my home in Lagos. I was using the number I bought to communicate with employers. I got a software engineering job, accepted it and landed in Canada a few days before the job start date. Even in Canada some Nigerians I know were angry that I just landed and started working in my field four days after when they have been here for months without a job.

The bottom-line of this my short writing is that some people need to position themselves better and not accept anything they are told. I was told I have to teach in a school as a youth corper. I was also told by family members that most people that got jobs recently in the family were assisted by this particular uncle who was well connected & I should get close to him so he will help me. I was also told that I couldn't get a job paying me more than 20k during my service year. I was told I couldn't get a remote job in Europe as a Nigerian. I was told I wouldn't be able to get permanent residency in canada easily. I was told nobody will give me a job if I was outside canada. I was told so many things but I always felt I was greater than what people thought about me so it is not my fault that they are angry. They just lack the confidence and information at my disposal to take them out of the shell.

I encourage you to focus on your race and stop getting annoyed over another man's journey
Hopefully you see this boss. I'm also currently vwith no source of income rn. But I have been learning programming (html, css, JavaScript and python) for more than a year now. I really need an internship rn sir. I would be grateful for life sir.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Ginomel(m): 6:28pm On May 20, 2022
6pack:
I don't have money. Is there anywhere I said I have money? I said na your type gl dey jealous person wey just on gen 24 hours to dey ok. Take your frustration to buhari. Not me

So why would one be jealous of you because your gen is on 24/7.They can only be angry that you are disturbing them with your useless generator noise not jealous.

If you are still confused ,read my initial post and remove your frustration incase you have one as you earlier said
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by 6pack: 4:49am On May 21, 2022
Ginomel:

So why would one be jealous of you because your gen is on 24/7.They can only be angry that you are disturbing them with your useless generator noise not jealous.

If you are still confused ,read my initial post and remove your frustration incase you have one as you earlier said
na , it's jealousy, where the gen is mounted is far from the house. We don't even hear the sound of it. The particular tenant in question lives behind. He is an old jerk that gets angry once he sees anything good

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Ginomel(m): 11:35am On May 21, 2022
6pack:
na , it's jealousy, where the gen is mounted is far from the house. We don't even hear the sound of it. The particular tenant in question lives behind. He is an old jerk that gets angry once he sees anything good

If the gen noise doesn't disturb anyone and he is just jealous. Then that neighbour is evil. Avoid him as much as you can and above all LIVE YOUR LIFE AND DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WHAT HE THINKS.

The heart of men is too wicked.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by 6pack: 1:38pm On May 21, 2022
Ginomel:

If the gen noise doesn't disturb anyone and he is just jealous. Then that neighbour is evil. Avoid him as much as you can and above all LIVE YOUR LIFE AND DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WHAT HE THINKS.

The heart of men is too wicked.
it doesn't o. The people it disturbs are the guys Infront but they know it's normal . This man monitors every young guy he sees around. The day I shocked was the day police came in, I am sure he invited rhem. They asked me of my job and I told him I am a lawyer. Na that day he enter shell. Police later said it's wrong info. grin

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Elsueno: 9:01am On May 24, 2022
Rushna27:
Bro,no vex ooo so u want d owner of an apartment u wanna rent to greet u first.... God help ur pride o...better double ur hustle to be successful and stop hating..

On this apartment thing I agree with the op, I find it very very uncomfortable for people older than me to be greeting me first no matter thier station.....If a person is older than me, I make sure I offer my greetings first, unless I haven't seen him or her...This is just basic courtesy..

Also, if u are younger than me, I would not offer u greetings first, even if ur papa na elun musk or d pope....I would either ignore u or go straight to d point if I have to speak to u

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by AlphaTaikun: 10:52am On May 24, 2022
tshtsh:
Please stop being bitter. A lot of people are bitter like this but truth is you cant stop some people from being successful. It is just not possible. Instead you can learn from them.

When I started out as a youth corper in 2015 I got a software engineering job from an organization that really wanted to hire me but were constrained because I did not have the NYSC certificate. To get a hold of me they offered me a consultancy position from which I was making some good money. I was attending meetings with them at OEM offices, bank HQs and also designing/implementing some of their software products which they were selling to banks.

The funny thing was that I had a friend who was a civil servant and told me that I was now in Nigeria & advised me to forget all that software non-sense. That he can't even give out his daughter to any man that builds websites for a living. I tried to explain the difference between software applications and websites/webpages. He told me that any job outside the federal government is rubbish.

By my second month as a youth corper I had furnished my apartment fully. As a 23 year old with no responsibility I use to go to accra or abuja for some weekends from Lagos and also went on vacation to Barcelona during my service year. A lot of family members were questioning my source of income. Two weeks after completing NYSC the company I was consulting for made me an offer for a fulltime position & I paid down 3.5M for a car. I had been saving all through but wanted to be sure that they'll make me a fulltime offer before doing some things. Tongues were still all over the place. The friend that rubbished my profession was now also borrowing money from me. Family members were also gossiping all over the place.

I eventually left my first employer to one of his clients who poached me for some better pay/working condition. While working as a software engineer at my new place I went out of my way to learn new technologies that weren't even in use in Nigeria. With that I was able to land remote jobs after two years & as the naira got devalued my income improved because I was earning euros from a company in Malta and later Germany.

I got fed up with being in Nigeria and applied for the Canadian PR through express entry and was selected to apply for permanent residence. I eventually got the application approved, bought a Canadian number online and started applying for jobs from my home in Lagos. I was using the number I bought to communicate with employers. I got a software engineering job, accepted it and landed in Canada a few days before the job start date. Even in Canada some Nigerians I know were angry that I just landed and started working in my field four days after when they have been here for months without a job.

The bottom-line of this my short writing is that some people need to position themselves better and not accept anything they are told. I was told I have to teach in a school as a youth corper. I was also told by family members that most people that got jobs recently in the family were assisted by this particular uncle who was well connected & I should get close to him so he will help me. I was also told that I couldn't get a job paying me more than 20k during my service year. I was told I couldn't get a remote job in Europe as a Nigerian. I was told I wouldn't be able to get permanent residency in canada easily. I was told nobody will give me a job if I was outside canada. I was told so many things but I always felt I was greater than what people thought about me so it is not my fault that they are angry. They just lack the confidence and information at my disposal to take them out of the shell.

I encourage you to focus on your race and stop getting annoyed over another man's journey
Pure words on marble. smiley

You've done very well for yourself as a young person. You did not allow the "limiting beliefs" of others to undermine your laser-targeted focus. It's "emotional pain" that makes people to say nasty things about successful people. grin

Well done... and I wish you more positives than negatives down the road.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"My Husband Got Our Neighbor Pregnant, They Are Both Begging Me"-woman Cries Out / Woman Attacks Co-Wife With Hot Water In Plateau State (Graphic Pic) / Uk-based Nigerian Wife Attacks Husband’s Sidechick With Bleach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.