Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,629 members, 7,820,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It (43945 Views)

Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder / My Husband Uses Charm On Me, I Always Faint During Sex – Wife / I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Elrafiki2(m): 8:19pm On May 18, 2022
I can understand the OP from the aspect that it's painful to be in such as situation after years of graduation. But, to be angry at others' successes is where i draw the line. I'm facing similar situation too after graduating in 2010 without a job till now, but I'm happy for my younger ones who are doing better than me right now, especially my kid sis who just travelled out earlier this year. U can't blame others for how ur life turned out but u can try to learn what they did that made dem successful. That's what I'm trying to do right now. I hope u do the same too. Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Nebes: 8:31pm On May 18, 2022
Richy4:
I understand you man..Not that u don't like people's success.. just that u don't like how the world isn't balanced...

People might misunderstand what u have written up there because the write ups did not portray what u have in mind but showcased u as a 'witch'...clear your mindset and be happy.. It will help you big time... cool

Why defend his writeup? He expressed what was on his mind. I don't think we should make excuses for him.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Richy4(m): 8:32pm On May 18, 2022
Kingofhoes:

Bro. I don't quite understand the term you used where you said "the world isn't balanced ". You don't know for sure the amount of work, knowledge and sleepless nights these young men he compares himself to had to put in in order for them to get where they are now. We don't even know if he works hard at all or even graduate with a first class.

My brother, take Dangote's sons and daughters for example.. I believe they got age mates... Do you think they will ever struggle like their age mates looking for jobs like the OP?.

Take Prince William for example.. he was born with a silver spoon... There are people older than him in UK... Who are more hardworking than him ..., But things comes easily for him.why because of the kind of family that he comes from and he will never go broke no matter how hard he trys...

Final example... Let us say that you graduated in 2015, served your nation 2016.. you searched for a job and found an average job that pays 88K per month...
A young man in your department that u know who was a jambite when you were in finals, graduates in 2020 served 2021.. his uncle in NNPC secured a job for him there that pays 250K per month, how will that make u feel? Do u think it was balanced..

2 Likes

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 18, 2022
Lol.. Abeg I no fit laugh I dey try manage my headache oo.. So humans really dey like this grin grin grin Oga u be wizard that's why u never see light yet. How can u be bitter and angry at other people's success. Young people for that matter. Draw them close and learn. Age no dey for money matter mumu man dey bitter till u reach 70 undecided
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Nebes: 8:42pm On May 18, 2022
This is exactly how the people we refer to as 'village people' started. Older people angry and seeking the downfall of the younger ones.

That's how I drove home and one old man came to greet and hug me as early as 7am. I knew his mission was evil. But I set his wicked body on fire with the hug. He left my late father's house confused.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Mayeldah(m): 8:44pm On May 18, 2022
YOU ARE BROKE AND PROUD grin grin grin
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Richy4(m): 8:51pm On May 18, 2022
Nebes:

Why defend his writeup? He expressed what was on his mind. I don't think we should make excuses for him.
On the contrary, I wasn't defending him.. smiley

Experience have taught me that a lot of people don't actually know how to express themselves especially in terms of writing...
That's when u hear things like my statements or messages were quoted out of context..

Believe me when I said that I understand that dude.. what he was saying will basically make sense if you can read between the lines..

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by jaszplus12(m): 8:53pm On May 18, 2022
YoudeyVexme:
Someone who Just did youth service already got a high paying job in nppc, while me that have graduated Since 2010 still struggling to feed from hand to mouth, no properties no thing to call my own. Meanwhile a cousin of mine already own 2 houses this boy I used to dash him 20naira for busicuit early 2008 when I visit my aunty, now he's 22.

Once you asked them for help and they give you once, they won't want to give you again. My heart's boil so hot whenever I see them on wheels driving expensive cars, A boy who doesn't know anything about life is already married with kid on the way. It wasn't like This when I was in my 20s, back then, we had to labour hard...farming, fishing and the rest to make ends meet..

Imagine, I had to go for house hunting last week and we had to wait for the owner of the compound, he arrived a young man expecting me to greet him first. I just called the agent I wasn't interested.. somebody that can't drag age with my youngest brother.
Boss... Every dog has his day... Remember, some of your mates self don't have the "little" you have...
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Nebes: 8:59pm On May 18, 2022
Richy4:

On the contrary, I wasn't defending him.. smiley

Experience have taught me that a lot of people don't actually know how to express themselves especially in terms of writing...
That's when u hear things like my statements or messages were quoted out of context..

Believe me when I said that I understand that dude.. what he was saying will basically make sense if you can read between the lines..

It's ok if it works for you. Experience has taught me to hold people by their words. Nonverbal cues can always be denied. So I try to say what I mean and also to mean what I say.

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Plugsk(m): 9:00pm On May 18, 2022
If all you've written comes from a sane person, then such a person is depressed and only needs money to elevate such mindset.
YoudeyVexme:
Someone who Just did youth service already got a high paying job in nppc, while me that have graduated Since 2010 still struggling to feed from hand to mouth, no properties no thing to call my own. Meanwhile a cousin of mine already own 2 houses this boy I used to dash him 20naira for busicuit early 2008 when I visit my aunty, now he's 22.

Once you asked them for help and they give you once, they won't want to give you again. My heart's boil so hot whenever I see them on wheels driving expensive cars, A boy who doesn't know anything about life is already married with kid on the way. It wasn't like This when I was in my 20s, back then, we had to labour hard...farming, fishing and the rest to make ends meet..

Imagine, I had to go for house hunting last week and we had to wait for the owner of the compound, he arrived a young man expecting me to greet him first. I just called the agent I wasn't interested.. somebody that can't drag age with my youngest brother.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by harmony75: 9:01pm On May 18, 2022
You're proud and arrogant people like that don't make it in life another set of people are cunning people they hardly make it in life. Change your mindset towards people and humble yourself. A proud person cannot ask for help they believe they know it all so how do you help someone that knows it all?
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by kinsnazzy: 9:03pm On May 18, 2022
You are right. There are skills that pays
cool dollars. He better ask how them they do am. If nah legit do to oh.
Jennyclay:
Most of you are always looking for a white collar job after nysc that's why poverty has dealt with you.

There are some handwork or skill you should have learnt since that 2010 that would have made you a millionaire today but you were waiting for a white collar job.

Some of you would even say "a whole graduate like me can't do handwork"

Listen to me carefully.. That young boy that you said he doesn't know anything about life has more knowledge, experience and wisdom than you because he wasn't waiting for a white collar job like you.

Stop hating on people's success rather celebrate their success, so that success would smile back at you.

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by oluxy(m): 9:05pm On May 18, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

Change your mind set about others then your life would be better.

From the abundant of the heart the mouth speaketh. You have bitterness in your heart, you have envy, jealousy, disdain and contempt. All these won't bring you any good nor open a way for you to succeed until you have a clean heart and pursue happiness.

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by okoroemeka(m): 9:12pm On May 18, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

jealousy and bitterness is biting hard into your heart,try and see things from another perspective that in life overtaking is allowed and all men are not created equal,it is time for you to buckle up and think out of the box, seeing the success of others suppose to trigger competitive jealousy in a proactive individual but your own jealousy is the bitter type that will weigh you down and fuddle your thinking,you are lucky not to come from my area you could easily die of heart attack if you see what the type of mansions and cars young men are using.

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by AdaAwka1: 9:15pm On May 18, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

No wonder you are not successful. With this mind set humm sorry oo

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Plugsk(m): 9:19pm On May 18, 2022
Real talk
iamyemiakins:
Life no balance normal normal, many average Nigerian youths are also facing your plight so don't subdue yourself to oppression. Small boys doing big things these days, it's either you're motivated or oppressed, go with your pace and actualize your life goals.

Battery wey full go still low and battery wey low go still full, our prayer be say make our charger no spoil.

2 Likes

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Klass99(f): 9:22pm On May 18, 2022
cool

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by StrongAlphMale: 9:22pm On May 18, 2022
vickydevoka:

U don't know how to talk. For him to have said it publicly like this, means he is a nice person that just need an answer or solutions to get over it

You're a foolish girl/boy So we should pet him here or what? Are you okay? Is he the only one facing problems in life? Sense fall on you there. Instead of the niggar to sit up and hustle tight, he's here getting bitter over nothing. Let him drink sniper and die tonight. You can kindly join him too and drink sniper too so you can both die peacefully. We no send!!! After all Problem full this country.

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by temitopeadebanj: 9:24pm On May 18, 2022
Talika oni karamo���
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by MisterKennedy(m): 9:28pm On May 18, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

You seem to be a very bitter person. What does age has to do with success?
Lol people like you never cease to amaze me.

Trust me, your inability to make money is directly proportional to the way you think.

If you're not making money then trust me 3 things are involved:
1. There's something you might not know that you're ignorant of yet

2. There's something you're not doing

3. There's something you're not doing well

4. You think money comes with age.

So go and check where you fall under and stop all this ranting.

Let me tell you, the best time to make money is when people are young. Money helps people grow better in life.

Stop hating and be a man and do the right thing.
God doesn't create failures, so don't be a failure.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by heyhey2016: 9:30pm On May 18, 2022
StrongAlphMale:

You're a foolish girl/boy So we should pet him here or what? Are you okay? Is he the only one facing problems in life? Sense fall on you there. Instead of the niggar to sit up and hustle tight, he's here getting bitter over nothing. Let him drink sniper and die tonight. You can kindly join him too and drink sniper too so you can both die peacefully. We no send!!! After all Problem full this country.
ipob member!!
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by dontrulee: 9:33pm On May 18, 2022
You sound so bitter.
Change your mindset, celebrate success and before you know it, you'll also be successful
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Born2Breed(f): 9:33pm On May 18, 2022
Banbanna:

Yeah, that guy has to see life in a whole different way. His present situation in life could have been worse. Instead of being thankful for his life's blessings, he's getting worried/resentful over how far he lags behind some people.

Uvbi koyor o wink. I saw some Bini lingua in your signature. That pic is quite cute & lovely, btw.

Ovbioba ughato. Enikaro dabawe. Afiangbe kevbe alaghodaro gue rho.

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 18, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

You no Sabi road, you see small pikin wey Sabi road. Age no gree you follow am go where you wan go.

You get stupid pride
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by watersideboys: 9:38pm On May 18, 2022
Over taking is allowed. Overlapping is not allowed. Better humble yourself before they overlap you
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by juniorstar(m): 9:45pm On May 18, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

This life no balance.
I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. Just keep pushing and aim to get better...life no b by age and comparism.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by watersideboys: 9:47pm On May 18, 2022
Most people condemning the op are no different. He is even better off because he said his mind. But all of una wicked and bitter

2 Likes

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Legendoo: 9:49pm On May 18, 2022
Good replies all together.

In simple terms, you be werey wey dem suppose flog.

If you had said something like I despise Yahoo boys wey dey hammer, I for reason am , but you said guy's in nnpc . Sho.

Well dem don give you good advice say , go learn skill and we no dey agrarian age again where age and farming is key to wealth acquisition.

Anyways , dem suppose knack you 2 by 4 plank for being jealous of legit hustle.

Werey idiot, no go find business. Na your type go dey talk about sane climate when opportunity is starring u right in d face.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by ibinaboonline: 9:54pm On May 18, 2022
This is uncalled for. Get God, get sense.
StrongAlphMale:
You're a mumu man.

If young people success annoys you. It is a sign that you'll soon die!!!!
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by tshtsh: 10:02pm On May 18, 2022
gaby:

This is my story....lol

It often sounds and reads like some fable but nothing can be truer because I am a witness.

It takes a truly positive and grateful mind to hey into this.

Congratulations and keep it up.

Impossible is nothing!!
Yes sir. Sometimes I even wonder if someone is favoring me without my knowledge but all thanks to God.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Banbanna(m): 10:02pm On May 18, 2022
Born2Breed:

Ovbioba ughato. Enikaro dabawe. Afiangbe kevbe alaghodaro gue rho.

Isee o. Osa gueror o, uvbi nebo rra nekhui smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Will Never Allow Peace To Reign In My Family / Uk-based Nigerian Wife Attacks Husband’s Sidechick With Bleach / Man Loses His Father And Shop To Ochanja Market, Onitsha Fire (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.