Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. (32106 Views)

Putin: Russia Will Respond if NATO Deploys Weapons In Finland And Sweden / Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership / Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by NonsoNna(m): 8:26pm On May 18, 2022
colestephan86:

My favourite country in the world Sweden.
Have you been to Sweden?
Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by Bigfish121(m): 8:31pm On May 18, 2022
Nato is really the problem wile have in this world.There is a war already in ukraine.instead of them to look for ways to descalate the situation,they are busy accepting more members which will escalate things.

1 Like

Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by Nathnaija(m): 8:32pm On May 18, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see Putin dying before the end of this year, either by sickness, or poison, or coup, or nuclear bomb, the fact is that he won't cross this year alive.

This I uhave seen.
Omini seer,see for your con3,u just dey reason like bandits, grin

3 Likes

Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 18, 2022
There are somethings that are beneficial in becoming a member of NATO.Ecowas is a group of dictators coming together to wreck Africa.

1 Like

Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by colestephan86: 8:36pm On May 18, 2022
NonsoNna:

Have you been to Sweden?
Yes o, that country is super
Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by okezuoemmanue(m): 8:36pm On May 18, 2022
One thing about Putin is that he can be qualified to a mad dog that can bite whatever thing that stands on its way knowing too well it will still be killed.
Russia wouldn't mind to loose everything but at the end, the beaten US will get, even Nigeria will be better than US after all.
But at the end, Russia won't make it.
But US will bleed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by colestephan86: 8:36pm On May 18, 2022
NonsoNna:

Have you been to Sweden?
Yes o, that country is super, went for a training there
Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by Fuckyoumod: 8:40pm On May 18, 2022
ken6488:
I pray we never witness one to find out the real results

But NATO is a trouble some organization
how? Is Russia not ashamed that her neighbors prefer aligning with a far far U.S and NATO than her? Some thing really wrong with Russia. Russia has nothing to offer other than gas and oil of which is not free.

What Russia did to Ukraine is an eye opener for other neighboring countries. Join me or I destroy you and this pattern don't work anymore. Russia must learn to entice and woo it's neighbors with gifts and care.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by PussyKing(m): 8:40pm On May 18, 2022
Putin can go and die if he likes

Mumu man

1 Like

Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by PussyKing(m): 8:42pm On May 18, 2022
Fuckyoumod:
how? Is Russia not ashamed that her neighbors prefer aligning with a far far U.S and NATO than her? Some thing really wrong with Russia. Russia has nothing to offer other than gas and oil of which is not free.

What Russia did to Ukraine is an eye opener for other neighboring countries. Join me or I destroy you and this pattern don't work anymore. Russia must learn to entice and woo it's neighbors with gifts and care.

Where do you want to own a plot of land in banana island

Go price it and let me know let me buy for you for this sensible comment

2 Likes

Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by Amayabor1: 9:06pm On May 18, 2022
richmind2019:
Why is NATO taking over the neighboring countries of Russia?

This is a planned move by the Americans.

Which one is neighbouring countries of Russia. As if Russia owns Finland and Sweden.

Ask yourself why both countries that have been non-aligned for years decided now to join Nato.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by sparko1(m): 9:11pm On May 18, 2022
Hussein035:

I don't support Putin invasion but I will want the same people who stood up for Ukraine to also stand up if USA goes to anywhere to misbehave especially Africa

US don't go anywhere they are not invited, its greed that makes most African country can't stay without them.
Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by Amayabor1: 9:12pm On May 18, 2022
I listened to the Finnish president when he was interviewed by CNN. One thing he said struck me. He said the way the world is now, you can't be non-aligned. You can't be in between. You can't be on the fence. As a country, you have to align yourself militarily with other countries that share the same ideologies and principles. I see India jettisoning it's own non-aligned posture soon.

Nice move Sweden and Finland. Nobody stops Russia from forming it's own military alliance with countries of like mind.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by Dandat(m): 9:16pm On May 18, 2022
Their plans are actually working
Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by stanluiz(m): 9:21pm On May 18, 2022
Gabbriell:

Long time ago, Big countries took advantage of their smaller neighbors. Having the most military power, they invade their neighbors, took their land and rape their women.

These smaller countries are powerless against the so called big countries. So they decided to form an alliance with one another. They believe if that if they can come together as one, fight and defend as one, it will end various wars and invasion brought to them by bigger (notorious) countries.

Russia is one of those big notorious countries. Most of the other notorious ones have backed down. But Russia still persist with it's invasion and land grabbing.
None of their neighbors is safe. They forbid their neighbours from building or buying weapons that could hurt Russia. Mainwhile Russia itself is always in the news for developing disastrous weapons.

Have you asked yourself why Russia is still fighting even after Ukraine has agreed never to join NATO?
Well they have moved from from Ukraine joining NATO, they are not asking Ukraine to surrender Mariopol n Donbas.
That is land grabbing. Don't forget that in 2014 same Russia forcefully grab another land from Ukraine (Crimea).
Even Us also invade their neighbors in Latin and Central America.

They sanction Cuba til date because of its Alliance with the Soviet Union. Nobody is a saint in international politics. Every country is trying to protect her boarder from any enemy military aggression.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by stanluiz(m): 9:28pm On May 18, 2022
Bigfish121:
Nato is really the problem wile have in this world.There is a war already in ukraine.instead of them to look for ways to descalate the situation,they are busy accepting more members which will escalate things.
That is the problem. NATO is just a truoble making war alliance.

I hope Finland and Sweden know the consequences of joining NATO. If kasala burst between Us, Nato and Russia. Finland and Sweden go collect.

European countries are slaves to the Us. They allow US to use their land and country as a proxy to fight Russia fully knowing that at the end it is their countries that will destroy not Russia and US. Example is Ukraine.

1 Like

Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by Amayabor1: 9:32pm On May 18, 2022
Bigfish121:

Was it NATO that asked Sweden and Finland to come join them or it is Sweden and Finland that decided to abandon their non-aligned posture to join Nato?

NATO this, NATO that, yen yen yen!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by Gospel367: 9:33pm On May 18, 2022
It is not all about gragra, it's by having common sense. USA is the chess master and she played Russia and Putin who fell for it

Who told you that USA and Europe can't defend Ukraine. They can but want all the countries around Russia to see what can happen to them without them. That was what they needed to make them coming running to NATO

Yes, Ukraine was the sacrificial lamb and they will rebuild Ukraine. She might not get NATO membership but he will get EU membership and once a EU member, NATO principle of attack on one is attack on all covers her because almost all European countries are in NATO

That's simple common sense!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by Gospel367: 9:38pm On May 18, 2022
Russia just decapitated herself in the world power rankings

They stupidly rendered themselves useless and inconsequential in the Baltic region and the world as a whole in all angles

Financially, Economically, Security wise and what have you?

Imagine the children of a man seeking for protection from a foreign man who have no relationship with them. Very bad!

7 Likes

Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by Ibraheemmawa(m): 9:46pm On May 18, 2022
Igbofam2:
BRUSSELS — Finland and Sweden on Wednesday submitted letters formally expressing interest in joining NATO, a historic moment for two countries that held fast to military nonalignment until Russia’s invasion of Ukraine upended their thinking about security.

The delivery of the letters to the alliance’s Brussels headquarters marks the start of an accession process that could take months, but that is ultimately expected to result in an expansion of NATO from 30 to 32 members, remaking Europe’s post-Cold War security architecture along the way.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/05/18/finland-sweden-nato-apply/
may be Buhari go soon join them ooo
Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by MajestyM: 9:59pm On May 18, 2022

This is a planned move by the Americans.

Why won't Russia join NATO?
Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by MajestyM: 10:01pm On May 18, 2022

This is a planned move by the Americans.[/Why is Russia not joining NATO?]
Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by MajestyM: 10:02pm On May 18, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]Why is NATO taking over the neighboring countries of Russia?

This is a planned move by the Americans.[/Why is Russia not joining NATO?]
Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by Bbbwings: 10:14pm On May 18, 2022
leofab:
you think it’s per population in this era of human existence…
Do you even understand what I typed?
Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by goodheart01: 10:15pm On May 18, 2022
Igbofam2:
This is a strong show of togetherness and solidarity.

They said they would apply together and they have.

The message is loud and clear. We have each other's backs and our countries are United on this resolve!

Oya Putin they have thrown the gauntlet...go and attack them if you can grin

Putin can’t do shit. He stands as the most foolish president so far. Russia is over rated!!

1 Like

Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by Pastorsmile: 10:15pm On May 18, 2022
Oya oga Putin, go and fight 3 countries at the same time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by CovidVaccine: 10:18pm On May 18, 2022
When will Nigeria join NATO?

2 Likes

Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by kasim155: 10:20pm On May 18, 2022
ken6488:

NATO and Russia confrontation getting really every day

One of this days either of them will step of the line

Yeah, that is true, one of them will surely step beyond the line, but there is no way Russia can fight Nato.

3 Likes

Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by goodheart01: 10:21pm On May 18, 2022
ken6488:
Will that save Ukraine?

Or you think USA will risk a nuclear war because of Finland

Yes they will risk a nuclear war for Finland (once they join the treaty) just as they would for every NATO member.

1 Like

Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 18, 2022
If i am Putin i will just join NATO destabilise it and come out after my mission is complete
Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by goodheart01: 10:28pm On May 18, 2022
Where’s that Putin clown called tonididdy... Lol. Let him tell Putin to do his worst. The foolish president ended up creating more friends for the gringos. Whether Putin likes it or not, he must have NATO at his doorstep to always cure his craze... Lol

1 Like

Re: Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. by easiest(m): 10:29pm On May 18, 2022
3rd world war is inevitable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Theresa May Shows Her Football Dazzling Skills (pics) / Hong Kong Lawmakers Fight Over Bill To Criminalise Abuse Of China's Anthem (Pix / Korogocho: Kenyan Slum Where Women Practice Taekwondo For Self Defense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.