Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. (28283 Views)

"The Girl I Dumped Years Ago Became My Boss At Work" / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / 4 Incredible Ways To Handle A Bad Boss At Work Without Getting Burned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by mandate12: 3:46pm On May 20, 2022
Agabaidu1234:
My Experience With my boss at the office today.

Am a serving corps member with one company serving.

At first, I usually carry my boss bag from the office to his car whenever we close (in the evening) but in a recent time he promoted my kind gesture to always call me from the office to pick his bag in the morning not minding whether am busy or not which has being getting me infuriated before now, but I keeps being calm.

The last stroke that broke the camel's back happened today. He called me outside as usual, I picked up the bag from him and he equally went further to tell his friend to equally handed over his own to me, to bring them all to the office although the friend told me not to bother myself, which really got me really mad boldly written in my countenance � and he noticed it which he asked me at the office and I express my displeasure to him in that regard of carrying his friend bag together with his own and he attempted to defend himself by bringing in irrelevant ideas and admonishment, of which I took flimsy excuse that I was not feeling fine and left, but trust me it was still as a result of the anger.

Now, my concerns is that, am I being foolish trying to be nice and at the same time being humble to always doing that for him willingly because I started it which he took it to be daily routine,? And again I want to stop doing that to him from today's on even when am called upon, if he thinks I do them all for him as a result of ignorance or that am being naive( what do you think � that my plan may result to) .
Am talking about a guy who should be in his early thirties( 30) here.

Please �, what's actually your advise to me in this circumstance.

U r just a corps member, not even a staff, yet so egoistic? Just to carry ur boss' bag has become an issue to be reported?? U have a long way to go and only God will help u
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Salihusaliheen(m): 3:48pm On May 20, 2022
When they told u pple learn work and be self employed,u prefer white collar job.imagine at thirties u got humiliated.

School na scam
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by LLSAINT(m): 3:50pm On May 20, 2022
Simple,
Anytime you know he is around and may call you for his bag, go toilet and go from say you go shit.
He will help himself

Agabaidu1234:

At first, I usually carry my boss bag from the office to his car whenever we close (in the evening) but in a recent time he promoted my kind gesture to always call me from the office to pick his bag in the morning not minding whether am busy or not which has being getting me infuriated before now, but I keeps being calm.

The last stroke that broke the camel's back happened today. He called me outside as usual, I picked up the bag from him and he equally went further to tell his friend to equally handed over his own to me, to bring them all to the office although the friend told me not to bother myself, which really got me really mad boldly written in my countenance � and he noticed it which he asked me at the office and I express my displeasure to him in that regard of carrying his friend bag together with his own and he attempted to defend himself by bringing in irrelevant ideas and admonishment, of which I took flimsy excuse that I was not feeling fine and left, but trust me it was still as a result of the anger.

Now, my concerns is that, am I being foolish trying to be nice and at the same time being humble to always doing that for him willingly because I started it which he took it to be daily routine,? And again I want to stop doing that to him from today's on even when am called upon, if he thinks I do them all for him as a result of ignorance or that am being naive( what do you think � that my plan may result to) .

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by SmartPolician: 3:51pm On May 20, 2022
I couldn't even understand this nonsense.

A graduate who writes like a baby in kindergarten.

I'm out of here!
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Britishpea: 3:52pm On May 20, 2022
The write is doing my brain ‘somehow’
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by MyPoint: 3:52pm On May 20, 2022
Agabaidu1234:

He knew you started carrying his bag just out of eye service. So he decided to first verify to be sure he is correct about your eye service and now you have confirmed it.

You are being taught the lesson of life.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by BarristerAlarig: 3:56pm On May 20, 2022
Agabaidu1234:

Graduate and you can barely write. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by MyPoint: 3:57pm On May 20, 2022
remigreat:
My advice is try and be diplomatic about it because he might actually be testing your patience. Who knows he might be a good boss tomorrow who could recommend you to higher positions. Don't let the event of today becloud your chances of meeting a destiny helper. My 2 cents bro
Exactly.

He started carrying the bag on his own. Perhaps to show the boss that he is a loyal and good guy. It is also possible he made himself look good before hos boss more than his peers.

So why is he complaining now.
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by AdeniyiA(m): 4:02pm On May 20, 2022
remigreat:
My advice is try and be diplomatic about it because he might actually be testing your patience. Who knows he might be a good boss tomorrow who could recommend you to higher positions. Don't let the event of today becloud your chances of meeting a destiny helper. My 2 cents bro

You're right. Besides, ego/pride and anger are those attributes devil uses to rob one of future blessings. Your service year is just less than a year, be patient still, temperance and humble yourself. Difficult times are meant to reshape us for a better opportunity... Look ahead
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by DanielPop(m): 4:02pm On May 20, 2022
Serve with all your heart. Go outside your remit to help anyone needing it. You won't be there when bosses are discussing useful staff for promotion or more rewarding opportunities. It is your good attitude and useful effort that will speak for you. If you like, dey vex, they will also discuss your angry attitude. A word is enough for the wise!
Agabaidu1234:

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Ishilove: 4:03pm On May 20, 2022
Agabaidu1234:

It's an appalling situation!!! But am I being foolish by doing that at the first place?
Yes, very foolish. Who send you message?
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Enumerator(m): 4:03pm On May 20, 2022
cheesy i wonder oo
TNORWAY:
Inside all the problem when dey this country?? Na wetin dey bother you be th??

You no no how much be toothpaste now?!
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by folake4u(f): 4:04pm On May 20, 2022
Anything wey concern eye service, I nor dey do. undecided

You were employed to work and make earnings, nothing suppose carry you go do "houseboy" work.

Next time don't do pass yourself, Op.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by BarrElChapo(m): 4:06pm On May 20, 2022
Agabaidu1234:

At first, I usually carry my boss bag fr in inom the office to his car whenever we close (in the evening) but in a recent time he promoted my kind gesture to always call me from the office to pick his bag in the morning not minding whether am busy or not which has being getting me infuriated before now, but I keeps being calm.

Why start if you had other motives other than showing respect ?
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by komek(m): 4:09pm On May 20, 2022
remigreat:

This is the stvpid thought at the back some of you at the work place there by turning yourself into a slave.
The young man started what he could not finish. Why on earth should I carry your bag, all these people with entitlement mentality. It is in the man's JD?
Just see your nonsense advise, " so that he would refer him for higher position in the organization" the reason we have quacks everywhere. Most you work in one company? What happens to hard work? What happens to self development?
This is just the reason most of you end up gossiping and doing eye service throwing competencies away. Lazy worker. Bag carrier, and this should be after attending a higher institution o, you go to a work place to start carrying bag for promotion. I spit on you tua
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by vikgreen01(m): 4:15pm On May 20, 2022
Agabaidu1234:

This is equally what I faced during my service year. I had to flare up and matter escalated seriously. I was posted to a school and on my part the school owner(a woman) will call on me to go and buy petrol from the station even when I am inside the class, she will ask me to suspend it where as there are cleaners and a driver. On other occasions I might be call upon to go and repair faulty computer in a state I do not even know anywhere and I still remember that very fateful day I lost my way, I waka inside sun that day eh…. I do not even bother to go back to school I just went home straight then it wasn’t long I received a call from the woman that why would I leave for my house when I didn’t see the person they ask me to go and meet I had to drop the call on her nd switch off my phone. All these errands doesn’t go well with me.

This matter had me sanctioned for three days and she went on to call the secretariat that I haven’t been coming to school. It was the staff of the school who pointed the register book to those inspector who came nd the staff defended me thoroughly. This even led to altercations between some staffs to the woman as they rebuke her nd about 7 teachers left the school at the end of the term of which they sited they can cope with the woman.

Don’t let me talk about how they use to pay me like a begger whenever I am to receive my salary and where I was provided to be staying is nothing to write about. The woman refused to pay the landlord that I began to pay for electricity bill from my pocket, the landlord has to tell me he knows many corper that has been referred to the school nd they ended up fighting the woman.

Thankfully corona pandemic bailed me out as I only spent just 3 months in the school before I left, I didn’t even go to the school to bid them goodbye on the day of pop.

If u can’t tolerate his attitude then u can put a stop to whatever u have been doing for him out of ur pure mind. Sometimes we shouldn’t allow people to maltreat us just because we want them to see us as someone of good behavior/character. This man is trying to slave tag u with this his attitude by even asking his friend to also dump his bag for u. If u are trying to humble just because u need one or two help just know If he didn’t help then someone else will. My one cent.
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by snoopz: 4:17pm On May 20, 2022
A person Wey dey in his 30? Why you start dey carry him bag in the first place?
Na you set the thing in motion o, no wonder him friend say no make you worry.
At that age even if you he my boss i no fit dey carry your bag, it's something a boss if in his 30s can handle comfortably without discomfort, but you don start am na to finish am remain, no stop o before your oga go misunderstand am as disrespect and Your boss fit make your remaining service hot
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Booty4ker(m): 4:19pm On May 20, 2022
No going back says Depot NA grin
You've started you've started�
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by mickeymimi: 4:20pm On May 20, 2022
TNORWAY:
Inside all the problem when dey this country?? Na wetin dey bother you be th??

You no no how much be toothpaste now?!

lol u no nice at all.. grin
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by DrDunamis(m): 4:21pm On May 20, 2022
Agabaidu1234:

Anger and pride, the two deadliest poisons.
Drop your shoulders, and serve. Fastest way to the top is through service.
You began a good work finish it.
What was your motive in the first instance?
Cos your disposition now shows your motive wasn't pure
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Legalese(m): 4:22pm On May 20, 2022
Lol...pride us hanging on your neck.
The fact that you called his age range is a clear indicator that you feel he's not old enough to send you on such errands.
But you see, in this life, man pass man and graces pass grace. He might be young, but you're working for him.
There's no rule that says you cannot overtake him in life, but for now, He is your superior and you can continue being of service or you can tell him to shove it, next time he asks you to. Your choice.

We should learn that humily is not lack of confidence. You can be humble in service while confident in delivery and in life. Choose well.
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Elsueno: 4:25pm On May 20, 2022
Agabaidu1234 when I was an undergraduate, I no dey respect anybody...even as a lecturer, I only offer my greetings to d older ones way respect themselves....as for carrying bags, it was for only two people
1- My supervisor, gotta suvk up to dis one cause I didn't want unnecessary waste of time during my project.

2- And one down to earth prof, this one I even call am to gists, even till this very day...I so much respect this man, He even invites me to his family house during festivities to chop food, if today he called me to come & run an errand for him I will gladly do it...He did so much for me, dat I would never forget for dis world.

Remember, no be everybody deserves ur humility, make sure u either have a goal or u are doing it from d bottom of ur heart

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Phillip2see: 4:25pm On May 20, 2022
No start wetin you no go fit finish my brother.
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:28pm On May 20, 2022
Dont start what you cannot finish,one rule I live by.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by sholay2011(m): 4:30pm On May 20, 2022
Favour-seeking gone wrong... grin
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Worksunlimited: 4:33pm On May 20, 2022
Agabaidu1234:

Stop been nice at the work place. I learnt the hard way..

My own got so bad, my boss used to ask me to buy food for client, client would mock me in front of my boss and my boss will join them to laugh...

E reach 1 day, i couldn't take it anymore, i lashed out. Omo! That day be like film to people.
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by ashawopikin(m): 4:33pm On May 20, 2022
Agabaidu1234:

be humble, he may be testing your patience
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by vikgreen01(m): 4:34pm On May 20, 2022
Elsueno:
Agabaidu1234 when I was an undergraduate, I no dey respect anybody...even as a lecturer, I only offer my greetings to d older ones way respect themselves....as for carrying bags, it was for only two people
1- My supervisor, gotta suvk up to dis one cause I didn't want unnecessary waste of time during my project.

2- And one down to earth prof, this one I even call am to gists, even till this very day...I so much respect this man, He even invites me to his family house during festivities to chop food, if today he called me to come & run an errand for him I will gladly do it...He did so much for me, dat I would never forget for dis world.

Remember, no be everybody deserves ur humility, make sure u either have a goal or u are doing it from d bottom of ur heart

U are spot on comrade. It’s how the system is so bad that we will have to be humble so that an individual can see the good character in us just to be able to help us where as that humility can be taken for granted by some set of people and they can start maltreating.
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by kristo123: 4:35pm On May 20, 2022
how big is the company and how much are they paying their staff... just play along if you want to be retained.
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Psady(m): 4:37pm On May 20, 2022
Just like my friend will say ' ALLOW an African man, he will later ask u for ALLOWANCES. OP Its all your fault u shouldn't have started it earlier, it got nothing to do with being kind, putting his age into consideration and for him to tell his friend to give u his bag, Brother! your matter Don cast (see finish)., They already discussed your case of being too mumuish. U should be ashame of bringing it up here, u know better now.
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Longerhanger(m): 4:42pm On May 20, 2022
Don't start what u can't finish.

It's very important that you know your limits.
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Blaxie: 4:43pm On May 20, 2022
People be turning allow to allowance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bolt Nigeria Sacks 22 Employees (Out Of 45) / Must It Be In A Mortuary? / Ifeanyi, The Physically Challenged Mechanic In Abakaliki (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.