Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. (28228 Views)

"The Girl I Dumped Years Ago Became My Boss At Work" / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / 4 Incredible Ways To Handle A Bad Boss At Work Without Getting Burned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by jospepper(m): 3:25pm On May 20, 2022
ok
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Anny505(m): 3:26pm On May 20, 2022
If you analyze this closely you will discover one important detail.

Which is the selective use of colloquial abstract representation of normative words owing to the distinction in regulatory and derogatory affirmative relations to binary sentences.
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Princedapace(m): 3:27pm On May 20, 2022
Come and learn tech skill before you react to what you started for your boss grin

Check out my thread and see how you can enroll. Working remotely is sweet though.
https://www.nairaland.com/6867341/learn-these-tech-it-skills
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Jaqenhghar: 3:27pm On May 20, 2022
Agabaidu1234:
My Experience With my boss at the office today.

Am a serving corps member with one company serving.

At first, I usually carry my boss bag from the office to his car whenever we close (in the evening) but in a recent time he promoted my kind gesture to always call me from the office to pick his bag in the morning not minding whether am busy or not which has being getting me infuriated before now, but I keeps being calm.

The last stroke that broke the camel's back happened today. He called me outside as usual, I picked up the bag from him and he equally went further to tell his friend to equally handed over his own to me, to bring them all to the office although the friend told me not to bother myself, which really got me really mad boldly written in my countenance � and he noticed it which he asked me at the office and I express my displeasure to him in that regard of carrying his friend bag together with his own and he attempted to defend himself by bringing in irrelevant ideas and admonishment, of which I took flimsy excuse that I was not feeling fine and left, but trust me it was still as a result of the anger.

Now, my concerns is that, am I being foolish trying to be nice and at the same time being humble to always doing that for him willingly because I started it which he took it to be daily routine,? And again I want to stop doing that to him from today's on even when am called upon, if he thinks I do them all for him as a result of ignorance or that am being naive( what do you think � that my plan may result to) .
Am talking about a guy who should be in his early thirties( 30) here.

Please �, what's actually your advise to me in this circumstance.
Is carrying bag your Job description?
You voluntarily turned yourself to an errand boy and he was simply enjoyi g the privilege. Who no like awoof?
My advice is to keep carry8ng his bag. You can even wash his clothes and clean his house

grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by lagosrd: 3:27pm On May 20, 2022
In his early 30s where is your own company you built at that age. Stop being stupid common Carey the bag. You started it and the circumstances under which he employed you could be a reason for his action. Make yourself more relevant than a bag carrier . Simple
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Sterope(f): 3:28pm On May 20, 2022
Lmao. How do you see yourself and people in authority?

remigreat:
My advice is try and be diplomatic about it because he might actually be testing your patience. Who knows he might be a good boss tomorrow who could recommend you to higher positions. Don't let the event of today becloud your chances of meeting a destiny helper. My 2 cents bro
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by QuinModah(f): 3:28pm On May 20, 2022
shocked
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Majesty33(m): 3:28pm On May 20, 2022
I dont start what i cannot finish, i am very proud and wouldnt bullshit from fellow man, no matter the status, age and position. Our eyes service niggas and bitches can quote me for all i care. My bosses in our in office give me my own maximum respect.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by taiwotimitt: 3:29pm On May 20, 2022
Don't start what you can't finish
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by gwinaB(m): 3:29pm On May 20, 2022
The English is not adequate for a graduate
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:29pm On May 20, 2022
Well you asked for it. If you can't handle it, look for another ppa, but careful not to get in his bad book.
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Bizstud: 3:29pm On May 20, 2022
remigreat:
My advice is try and be diplomatic about it because he might actually be testing your patience. Who knows he might be a good boss tomorrow who could recommend you to higher positions. Don't let the event of today becloud your chances of meeting a destiny helper. My 2 cents bro

I don't believe he's a good boss. What kind of test is this? This test shows the kind of recommendation (office dog) he give him. Recommendation or not, the corpmember shouldn't be treated in that manner.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by President2001(m): 3:30pm On May 20, 2022
Agabaidu1234:

At first, I usually carry my boss bag from the office to his car whenever we close (in the evening) but in a recent time he promoted my kind gesture to always call me from the office to pick his bag in the morning not minding whether am busy or not which has being getting me infuriated before now, but I keeps being calm.

The last stroke that broke the camel's back happened today. He called me outside as usual, I picked up the bag from him and he equally went further to tell his friend to equally handed over his own to me, to bring them all to the office although the friend told me not to bother myself, which really got me really mad boldly written in my countenance � and he noticed it which he asked me at the office and I express my displeasure to him in that regard of carrying his friend bag together with his own and he attempted to defend himself by bringing in irrelevant ideas and admonishment, of which I took flimsy excuse that I was not feeling fine and left, but trust me it was still as a result of the anger.

Now, my concerns is that, am I being foolish trying to be nice and at the same time being humble to always doing that for him willingly because I started it which he took it to be daily routine,? And again I want to stop doing that to him from today's on even when am called upon, if he thinks I do them all for him as a result of ignorance or that am being naive( what do you think � that my plan may result to) .

Arrogant can not take you any where what if your boss decide to take you as son and give you permanent employment, is a pity you don't prepare for your tomorrow

1 Like

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by marwanafrica: 3:32pm On May 20, 2022
Agabaidu1234:

if you like that his office and your boss has capacity to employ you after your Service year please and please continue doing that just to make sure after your service they retain you but if you dont see yourself going far in that working place fucch off him
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by InvertedHammer: 3:33pm On May 20, 2022
Agabaidu1234:

/
Your boss is my hero. You were hired for specific job requirements but you added extra to kiss your boss ass. Why complain?
/
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by yinkeys(m): 3:33pm On May 20, 2022
no Clue
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 20, 2022
Are you sure you are really humble while doing that?
Because humility is not proud judging from the tone of your write up here. Go and ask Osibanjo how he became a commissioner and now VP. To be exalted! You must be 100% loyal and humble, carrying the bag is no big deal!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by LadyTara(f): 3:34pm On May 20, 2022
Finish what you started. I am sure you started it to be on his good side, don't stop now in the middle . FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED.
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Cutehector(m): 3:35pm On May 20, 2022
TNORWAY:
Inside all the problem when dey this country?? Na wetin dey bother you be th??

You no no how much be toothpaste now?!
as in eh.. His problem just dey irrelevant .
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by olusholaoluwo: 3:35pm On May 20, 2022
Stay humble it doesn't cost a thing.

A group of company around Abraham Adesanya, leaking Ajah is looking for marketing manager (OND,HND,BSC) social media manager, and an office secretary (SSCE,OND).

Interest should send there cv to crestureglobalincorporation@gmail.com

Please the applicant must be staying around the axis.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by na2016: 3:35pm On May 20, 2022
OP: Never start what you cannot finish. You can respect someone, and be humble without carrying their bags. Some Nigerian bosses and even people ahead of you in civil service likes acting the way your boss did and any day you object, you will be termed disrespectful. Take this as a lesson and never repeat it in your real job after NYSC

1 Like

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Stanfeelings: 3:37pm On May 20, 2022
You started it,....he now feels entitled. whenever its time for him to call u, step out. tell him u are not around. dont do it immediately o...wait for few days. dont stop just like that sha....do so gradually
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Shadysen: 3:37pm On May 20, 2022
Agabaidu1234:

never start what you won't finish, someone will see your good gesture as being naive, by the way, are you a Yoruba ?
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by OvertheTop(m): 3:39pm On May 20, 2022
Agabaidu1234:
He is not the one paying me but am attached to him, he is the head of the department where I am.
Am no longer comfortable with the level of the man excess and insolence. And I so much believe I have tolerated much of it.
Am I foolish for being kind at the first place?

If he CAN sack you.....then persevere
if they are paying you there....then persevere. you be corper naa
if it will pain you more...if you were told to go....then persevere
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Burgerlomo: 3:39pm On May 20, 2022
Some people like to take advantage of you when you're too nice to them
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by tagborume: 3:39pm On May 20, 2022
I have behaved like this in the past and I wish I can turn back the clock hand. Sir humility is all that you need. Humility is classic stupidity but it pays. Every faithful humble servant becomes a leader. You want to be the boss; then become the servant.
Serve until nothing works without you in the office. Acquire more skills and be reachable and teachable. You done become Oga patapata of them all
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by 07kjb: 3:40pm On May 20, 2022
U started it so finish it
U jumped in to this your self
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by ABokoba: 3:41pm On May 20, 2022
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by 07kjb: 3:42pm On May 20, 2022
Who send you to go and be carrying bags for him,u want to be a nice guy
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Oluwanifisesam: 3:42pm On May 20, 2022
Agabaidu1234:

Dont start what you cant finish, Hes your boss and youve showned him kindness and he's using it as a right on you.

Be very sure of his displeasure which will come with some official maltreating and hatred from him to you. Dont forget, You might need his references after your service.

I sense this your boss is all this low class bosses, whom by opportunity became owner of a company?

My Boss wont allow you carry his bag, wait till he pass or stand and be greeting him when your job is waiting for you.
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by marv1: 3:43pm On May 20, 2022
Don't be too nice to be people. They will take you for granted.

You are graduate not mesenger for heaven's sake.

Agabaidu1234:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Isah Barde, From Kano Who Designs Moving Robot With Cardboards / Ifeanyi, The Physically Challenged Mechanic In Abakaliki (Photos, Video) / Lady Comes Under Fire For Saying Majority Of Nigerias Are Receiving Above N130k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.