Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:01 AM

Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Season 1. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Season 1. (3805 Views)

Bride For Rent (orebe's Version) Episode 7 / Bride For Rent (orebe's Version) Episode 4 / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Season 1. by Tina11: 2:21pm On Jun 30, 2022
Hmm he better go and beg her. Thanks for the update *waiting for more

1 Like

Re: Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Season 1. by Preccy1012(f): 3:09pm On Jul 05, 2022
Episode 19.

(Rico is sitting on the sitting room sofa like a dead man, lost in thought with a stick of cigarette in his hand. A knock interrupts Rico's thought, he waited for a moment before he reluctantly stands up to get to the door. He opens it to Mary (Jessica’s friend) who is in a tight red sleeveless see-through long gown. She rolls and twists her hips as she steps into the house).

Mary:
Hey handsome.

Rico:
Who are you? Please.

Mary:
Come on, don't pretend like you don't know me. I am here to check on you, I know it's a hard time for you, you lost your love and your wife divorced you.

Rico:
(He is giving a look of ‘Hello! You are not welcome’)

Mary:
Don't stand and watch me like that, at least be a gentleman to your visitor.

Rico:
(Still giving the look without uttering a word).

Mary:
Okay, I know you are still very much grieved by your loss.

(She drops her bag and turns to the kitchen direction).

Mary (continues):
I will sort it out myself.

Rico:
Where are you going?

Mary:
I'm going to sort out what to eat by myself.

Rico:
Wait, don't worry, I will do it for you.

Mary:
Okay.

(She returns to have a seat. Rico returns with a mobbing stick without its mob head, he tiptoes to her and gives her one strike from behind and she jumps out of the seat).

Mary:
What is the meaning of this?

Rico:
Hope you enjoyed it? Next time it will be a bowl of very hot oil.

Mary:
Please, shut it, if you don't want me here, you should have told me.

Rico:
You are very stupid, you came to finish what your friend started abi, both of you will rot in hell.

Mary:
Just like she said, you are really a mumu.

Rico:
It's like you want more of this... Wait for me.

As he storms to pounce on her, she flees out of the house.

Episode 20

(In Orebe's parents' house, she is going from the kitchen to the dining room, setting table for breakfast, and she is also discussing with her mum who is busy in the kitchen. As their discussion becomes intense, her mum stops her from returning to the dining room).

Mum:
Wait, are you sure you haven't gotten married without our concept? Because Bobo always shows me pictures of you and a man together often from Instagram.

Orebe:
Does Bobo have a phone? I've told you several times that nothing like that happened, the man you are talking about is one of my colleagues.

Mum:
My daughter, please, be sincere with me because it's not only Bobo that is talking about it, anytime I go out, I hear people talking about it too.

Orebe:
Mummy, calm down, what you should be bothered about is where Bobo gets a phone from. He should focus on SSCE now not social media.

Then Bobo barges into the kitchen with his phone, acting like he is seeing a piece of shocking news from the phone.

Bobo:
Mummy, you won't believe what I just saw.

Mummy:
(Frightened)
What is it?

Bobo:
(Reading)
Breaking news: Mr. Rico's wife, Michelle, has...

Orebe hurries to him and violently snatches the phone from him.

Orebe:
Where did you get this phone from?

Bobo:
Give it back!

Orebe:
(Opens the pouch and checked)
Is this not granny's stolen phone?

Mum:
Who is granny?

Orebe:
I mean my boss. So, you are the one who stole the phone.

Bobo:
I didn't steal it oh.

Orebe:
(Scowls)
So, how did you get it?

Bobo:
Don't try to change the topic, you are married and you lied about your name, it is because of the divorce issue you are home.

Orebe:
Shut your mouth? It's you trying to change the topic. You know what? After breakfast, you will explain to us why you did this? Now, return to your room.

Bobo:
(Mumbles as she leaves)
Give me back my phone oh...

Orebe:
Mum, don't mind him, it's a reality show we are into, it's all acting nothing serious.

Mum:
Are you sure?

Orebe:
Come on mummy, let go and eat, I'm famished.

As she tries pushing the topic away, they hear the house's main door open, Orebe hurries to check.

Orebe:
Who is there?

Then she sees Rico entering and Bobo who opens the door start to call unto their mother.

Bobo:
Mummy! Rico is in our house ooh!

Orebe:
Will you shut up?

(Their mum curiously rushes to the visitors' room).

Mum:
(Wowed)
Good morning Mr. Man.

Rico:
(Binds his head and touches his knees)
Good morning ma.

Bobo:
Mummy, he is the one...

Orebe:
(Interjects)
Shut up! Shut up and return to your room now, if you don't want me to lose it with you.

Bobo frowned but sheepishly obeys her.

Mum:
Anyways, how is work? You are her colleague, right?

Rico:
(Confused)
Aah... Yes ma.

Mum:
Okay. It's good you are here at the right time, we just finished making breakfast, so, I will go now to serve yours too.

Orebe:
Mummy!

Mum:
What?

(She leaves for the kitchen, Orebe hurries to him, holds his hand and drags him along as she steps out of the house).

Rico:
What are you doing?

Orebe:
What are you doing here? You know my mum doesn't know about our contract.

Rico:
So you are ashamed to tell her how you earn this life for her yet you did worst by playing me.

Orebe:
Are you here to insult me?

Rico:
No, but I must let you know what you did wasn't right, I have the right to sue you for that you know.

Orebe:
Look what is calling kettle black. You are talking like you paid me according to the deal, you can go ahead to sue me if you want, mtcheww.

She starts to walk away.

Orebe:
(Already at the door)
And please, don't you ever come to this house again.

Rico:
Please, wait, I'm sorry if what I said offends you.

Orebe shuts the door at him.

To be continued.

Follow me on Twitter and engage my tweets, I follow back.
Re: Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Season 1. by Preccy1012(f): 3:10pm On Jul 05, 2022
Tina11:
Update!
Re: Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Season 1. by Tina11: 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2022
[quote author=Preccy1012 post=114447987]Episode 19.

(Rico is sitting on the sitting room sofa like a dead man, lost in thought with a stick of cigarette in his hand. A knock interrupts Rico's thought, he waited for a moment before he reluctantly stands up to get to the door. He opens it to Mary (Jessica’s friend) who is in a tight red sleeveless see-through long gown. She rolls and twists her hips as she steps into the house).

Mary:
Hey handsome.

Rico:
Who are you? Please.

Mary:
Come on, don't pretend like you don't know me. I am here to check on you, I know it's a hard time for you, you lost your love and your wife divorced you.

Rico:
(He is giving a look of ‘Hello! You are not welcome’)

Mary:
Don't stand and watch me like that, at least be a gentleman to your visitor.

Rico:
(Still giving the look without uttering a word).

Thanks for this update. Things are falling into place. *Waiting for more

1 Like

Re: Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Season 1. by Preccy1012(f): 11:13pm On Jul 12, 2022
Episode 20

(Granny and Rico drop from a car in granny's compound. With so much excitement, granny leads Rico to the house's main entrance and he curiously follows her)

Rico:
Granny, I hope all is well? I was surprised the lawyer called to tell me you want to see me? Is anything wrong with your phone?

Granny:
(At the entrance)
Are you ready?

Rico:
For what?

Without saying any more words she opens the door and there is a uniform chorus of ‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY' from Rico's family and friends that have been awaiting him for a surprise. Ribbons and balloons are swinging on the walls of the sitting room and at the edges of the center table sets with assaulted wines, drinks, cake and gifts.

Rico:
(Surprised)
Wow!

Granny:
Wait for more supriiise!

As she stresses the word SURPRISE, Orebe walks down the stairs in a blue floating long gown carrying a mini bag, her hair bounces as she goes toward Rico smiling. Rico is wowed by her radiating charming look.

Orebe:
Happy birthday.

Rico:
You know about this?

Granny:
Yeah. She is the mastermind of this surprise.

Rico:
Wow! I don't even know what to say. Thank you and I'm sorry for...

Orebe:
Shuuush! You don't have to, I am sorry too.

She goes on her knees and brings out a ring box from her mini bag.

Orebe:
(She opens it)
Will you marry me?

Everyone present:
Yeaaah!

Rico:
(Astonished)

While everyone is cheering and expecting Rico's reply, a phone starts to RING. It rings till Rico gradually opens his eyes waking up from his dream, he stretches his hand to grab his phone and he drags it towards himself to check the caller.

PHONE SCREEN: Lawyer Keems.

He picks up.

Rico:
Hello, good morning.

Lawyer:
Good morning. Your granny wants to have a meeting with you this morning, so, get up and get ready, we will be waiting.

Rico:
Okay, I will join you soon.

Lawyer:
Bye.

The lawyer drops the call.

Rico:
(Soliloquizing as he sits up on the bed to regain some strength for the day)
That is another dream episode of things that can never happen, I know if she sees a gun right now, she will pull the trigger on my skull.

He then drags himself off the bed.

Rico:
(Mumbles)
I'm so tired of my life.

In the bathroom, he is staring at himself in the mirror as he brushes. He then pauses to wish himself a happy birthday.

Rico:
(Sober)
Well, happy birthday dude, I wish you a better life before your next birthday.
(He continues to brush).

Episode 21

In granny's house, everyone is seated expecting granny to come down from her room. Rico is curious to know why Orebe (who is sitting leg crossed) is present in the meeting. In no time, granny joins them, Orebe kneels to greet while Rico is seated absent-mindedly.

Granny:
How are you? my dear. Hello, is Mr. Rico with us.

Rico:
(Twitches)
Of course, good morning granny.

Granny:
Good morning.

Rico:
I'm just wondering why you sent the lawyer to call me for this meeting, why didn't you call yourself?

Granny:
I didn't because very soon I will no longer be your granny.

Rico:
(Scared)
What? Why? Is your body saying something? Should I call the doctor? Are you fine?

Granny:
I'm fine, I'm not dying soon. Do you want me dead now?

Rico:
No! God forbid, not at this time that my life is a mess. I need you now more than ever.

Granny:
Yes. I know your life is a mess because you are broke, don't worry, that story will change soon.

The Lawyer stretches a paper to the already confused Rico.

Rico:
What is this for?

Granny:
Check it.

He looks into the paper nervously.

Rico:
(His shirt is already socked with his sweat)
I don't understand this.

Granny:
It's written in English.

Rico:
Yes but... I guess I'm not reading the right thing.

Granny:
Read it out then.

Rico:
It says you've found your son’s child and that it's not me. It says I am an adopted son. How do you want me to believe this?!

Granny:
Yeah, you read the right thing and it's left for you to believe it or not.

Rico:
Wait, please, tell me this is a prank.

Lawyer:
No, it's not.

Granny:
I know it will be difficult to accept this, so, name your price, tell me the price that is enough to get me out of your life.

Rico:
(Mutters to herself)
Okay. This is another bad dream.

He picks a pen from his trousers pocket and stabs himself with it--

Rico:
(And it's hurt badly)
Oww!

Granny:
What price will get me out of your life?

Rico:
No, I don't want you out of my life.

Granny:
But I want you out of my life, so, I will write you a check of 2 millionaires, you can start a new life with that.

Rico:
Two what?! That can't even be enough for my wardrobe for a month, please, don't do this to me.

Granny:
I feel for you dear but I can't continue to nurse headaches because of you, I have found my biological grandchild.

Rico:
No, this can't be, I want to know how you find out about him.

Granny:
She is not a him but I'm happy to have her back in my life. She is the one sitting over there.
(She points to Orebe)

Rico:
(Shocked)
What?

Granny:
You have the right to know anything about how I found out about her but not today, I’m too happy for too much talk today.

Without uttering a word, Orebe pitifully watches Rico as he weeps and weeps like a baby. It's also difficult for her to believe this news, granny is so unapologetic about the way she broke the news to Rico and the Lawyer is just there minding his business and doing his job (he is not a fan of Rico).

SEASON 2 IS ON ITS WAY.

Please, comment after reading, so that I will know if you are following.
Re: Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Season 1. by Preccy1012(f): 11:17pm On Jul 12, 2022
Tina11:

Update!
Re: Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Season 1. by doctorexcel: 6:42pm On Jul 13, 2022
In Orubebe's voice, "i will not take this"

1 Like

Re: Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Season 1. by doctorexcel: 6:42pm On Jul 13, 2022
Ewoo! This kind dream strong o, no bi small thing. Rico need to wake up fast. This gotta be a dream

1 Like

Re: Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Season 1. by Tina11: 10:19pm On Jul 13, 2022
Thanks for the update. Waiting for season 2, hope it will come soon.

1 Like

Re: Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Season 1. by Preccy1012(f): 10:24pm On Jul 13, 2022
Tina11:
Thanks for the update. Waiting for season 2, hope it will come soon.
By God's grace.
Re: Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Season 1. by Preccy1012(f): 10:25pm On Jul 13, 2022
doctorexcel:
Ewoo! This kind dream strong o, no bi small thing. Rico need to wake up fast. This gotta be a dream
Lol, watch out for part 2.
Re: Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Season 1. by Tina11: 10:32pm On Jul 13, 2022
doctorexcel:
u wish, it's his time for suffering, cuz he's not used to the harsh side of life tables are turned, let's see how it will play out he had refused to change cuz he thought that he's the only heir now that there are new developments, he has to spend wisely. There's time for everything, orebe has suffered enough it's her time to enjoy

1 Like

Re: Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Season 1. by Tina11: 3:07pm On Aug 03, 2022
Hi i'm still waiting for season 2 cry hope it's coming real soon undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chatgpt Plus Available For 1 Month / Thoughts On The Importance Of Reading / Once Upon A Corper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.